Temptation 2: Promises

By FAERAlS

Sequel to TEMPTATION (Read that first!) *Completed* 10 years ago, Rowan and Corey's relationship/liv... More

Ch. 1 Wedding Bells?
Ch.2 Honeymoon In The Bahamas
Ch. 3 Pool Trips-- YAY! Peach pie-- NAY!
Ch. 4 Dreams or Reality? Pt. 1/3
Ch. 5 Dreams Or Reality? Pt. 2/3
Ch. 6 Dreams Or Reality? pt. 3/3
Ch. 7 Chilling With My Belly & Sab
Ch. 8 Broadway & Nurseries
Ch. 9 Facetime & Lesbians
A/N WHY DID NO-ONE CORRECT ME?!
Ch. 10 Work From Home
Ch. 11 Babies Shower
Ch. 12 Lil' Mini Munchkins
Ch. 13 Rainbows Are Great...What About The Storm?
Ch. 14 T-Minus 20 Minutes Till' Attached
Ch. 15 All's Fair In Love and War pt. 1/2
Ch. 16 All's Fair in Love & War pt. 2/2
Ch. 17 Churs, #Cowson & NYC
Ch. 18 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 1/3
Ch. 19 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 2/3
Ch. 20 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 3/3
Ch. 21 Death Is In Our Family
Ch. 22 Have A Not-So-Happy Birthday
Ch. 23 Peace is NOT in Our Vocabulary
Ch. 24 The Time She Messed Up
Ch. 25 But You Love Eachother!
Ch. 26 It's 23 days 'till Christmas and--Corey's NOT Here.
Ch. 27 Hate, Jealousy, and YOU WERE RAPED??!
Ch. 28 Christmas Shopping
Ch. 29 The Calm Before The Storm
Ch. 30 The Damn Storm pt. 1/2
Ch. 31 The Damn Storm pt. 2/2
Ch. 30 If You Know
Ch. 31 ParIs pt. 1/5: Happy New Years to Me!
Ch. 32 ParIs pt. 2/5: Expect The Unexpected
Ch. 33 ParIs pt.3/5: The City of Love
Ch. 34 ParIs pt. 4/5: Rough Love
Ch. 35 Paris pt. 5/5: AGAIN?!
OMG
Ch. 36 Trust
Ch. 37 I'M DANGEROUS!
Ch. 38 Too Many Princesses
Ch. 39 She's Still MY Baby
Ch. 40 Miracle Baby pt. 1/2
Ch. 41 Miracle Baby pt. 2/2
Ch. 42 Promotion From Home
Ch. 43 The Premiere of Tired
Ch. 44 Child Stars and Tiny Parties
Ch. 45 Reunions and Romance
Ch. 46 I'm (Anything But) Numb
Ch. 47 She's Still Here
Ch. 48 Musical Souls and Counting Stars
Grounded
Ch. 49 (temporary filler)
(IM BACK) Ch. 49 Here's To Youth
PLEASE READ!! IT'S SUPES QUICK

Ch. 50 Peace is Young, Tempting and Promised

143 10 17
By FAERAlS

(12 and 1/2 years later...)

Corey Jr's P.O.V

*Q/A/N SURPRISE!!!*

As I passed the ball to my best friend and teammate, Liam, I ran down the court so I'd be ready by the basket. I heard my family screaming their support and smiled, daring to draw my eyes away from the ball and instead glance at them.

I saw my dad, the goofiest, awesome, supportive dad in the world--next to my mom. Well, not really, technically my "aunt" of a sort because she was best friends with my mom before she died but when she stepped in...after a while some people just deserve higher titles.

So my dad, Mom/Sab, and then there was also my younger brother, Hunter. Technically, Hunter shouldn't be here since the doctors say they don't want him around situations that could "excite" him but screw cancer. I love my brother.

Lastly were my two older sisters Cowan and Princess. Princess is technically my half sister because of some dad/mom/dead lady drama but it still counts. Those two were as close as can be. If I didn't know better I'd say they were closer than me and--

"Yeah, Cj! Whoo! You can do it, 4 seconds left!" Belle cheered, standing and showing off her #7 jersey.

My jersey number. I and Belle were thee closest any two people could ever be and still have a platonic relationship. She's my little Bumblebee and I'm her Bubba. Even though I pretend to hate the name, just like she pretends to hate hers. But when we're mad at each other those names seem to be the first to calm us down.

The ball was soaring in the air and I caught it quickly--refocusing on the game-- and turned around jumping and throwing the ball into the net. I had stopped moving too early, not close enough to the net for it to be a safe shot.

I jogged backward almost in slow motion next to Liam, his hand patting my back as we watched the ball roll around the rim of the basket once....twice....

It fell in and our side of the crowd erupted in loud shouts. Of course, my little Bumblebee's sounded loudest to me and I turned in the direction of my large family, smiling brightly and Belle ran down the bleachers onto the court.

"Is she allowed to do that?" Liam asked, clearly amused.

Liam has had a crush on Belle since we were like 9. It's kinda sad that she hasn't figured it out yet, but at the same time, if he ever asked her out I'd cut him apart in tiny pieces.

"I don't think she--"

Belle crashed into my arms and I laughed, spinning her around.

"Cares." I finished, chuckling.

"You did great, Bubba! You should've seen the other team's faces. Bet I do better than you, though." She bragged.

I put her down and scoffed.

"Sure, Bumblebee, let's see if you can do anywhere near as good as me in your ditzy little volleyball game. Winner gets to pick the story tonight?" I offered.

Every Friday was story night in our house. When you have a family history as drama packed as ours, it's good to hear it and know the facts. To know whats real and fake in a world of holograms. Or so my mom (again, Aunt Sab if you're not clear on that) always explains it.

"You're on. Come on, the game starts in 10. I'm gonna go change, where's the bathroom again?" She asked.

"Oh, it's--" I started

"I'll take her!" Liam volunteered making me roll my eyes.

Liam smiled at Belle and she smiled back in the way that she does for people she actually considers worth the time. Belle has around three different smiles. One for just her family, one for people she cares about and one for the rest of the world. But no matter which smile, she is always smiling and always radiant.

I got really lucky in the twin sister department. Did I not mention we were twins? Well, we are and we're practically joined at the hip as you can probably tell by now.

I turned around to watch Liam lead her to the bathroom (the long way) and noticed Belle's best friend wandering around. I jogged over to Becca and she smiled, opening her arms. I hugged her and she flinched.

"Ew, boy sweat!" She gagged.

"Ew, girl sweat." I chuckled.

She was in her volleyball uniform already (she and Belle are on the same team) and must've gone for a run or something to warm up because she was just as sweaty as me and I just played 4 quarters plus overtime against a varsity basketball team.

"Touche." She giggled, "Anyway, where's Belle? Coach wants us there by 4: 45 and it's already 4:38." Becca glancing at her watch.

"One, you shouldn't have that watch on if you're about to play and game and two, Belle's getting changed right now."

"Cj! My boy! My boy was just the star player in a 4-quarter varsity game. I raised him right." My dad bragged.

Mom rolled her eyes and pushed her hair back.

"Raised? Oh, for what the whole ten minutes you've been here?" Mom teased.

My dad happens to be an actor and a famous photographer, meaning he's not around a lot. He's in town for around a week this time but that's just because Belle and I's 16th birthdays are on Thursday. Then there are 3 weeks until summer vacation is over and we have to stop playing with our travel teams and try out for our new high school teams. Seeing as we're gonna be freshmen this year...

"Move it! Move it! Favorite big sister coming through to greet the star player."

"Aww, thanks, Cowan." I smiled.

"I was talking to my little cinnamon bun, Liam!" She scoffed.

I pretend to be hurt and turned around, seeing Liam and Belle walking back over to us. Liam saw Cowan and practically stampeded over here. Don't ask me how a 16-year-old and a 28-year-old got so close but they did. Liam and Cowan have this weird "puppy love" relationship but really I think they just relate on the same level of crazy. Seeing as Liam likes Belle and Cowan has a boyfriend (who has YET to propose. C'mon, Jason!)

"Guys, this is all cute but ya live with the man! I have a game to dominate." Belle reminded.

I scoffed and Belle gave a small smile/smirk as Dad did, as usual, exactly what she wanted and grabbed the car keys from his pocket. I saw the promise pendant dangling from it, the one that he got my mom back when I was 3 and she was alive. The sight of it made my heart tight even if I never really knew my mom but the feeling dimmed quickly.

Dad smiled, fixing the baseball cap on his head, "Well, let's go."

~~

Isabelle's P.O.V

"Mine! Mine!" I called loudly diving for an impossible save.

I knew it was pretty worthless but one rule of volleyball: always go for the ball. I slid across the floor, my knee pads saving me from those burns but my elbows screeching in pain. The ball bounced off my fist to Becca--who was behind me-- and she spikes it over the net.

I sighed in relief and got up, high-fiving her but then wincing in pain.

"Ow..." I whispered/hissed to myself.

Becca looked at my elbow and saw the skin had gotten a plastic like texture and was dripping blood.

"Timeout." One of my teammates called.

The buzzer rang and I walked to the seats. I didn't think it was that serious but all the other girls were freaking out. Babies. I almost laughed at their concern. I grew up in a house with 4 other siblings. One being my older (technically same age) muscle-packed brother and two EXTREMELY tough sisters. Especially the youngest one. Cough, Princess, cough. What's one little scrape compared to the much worse things I've dealt with?

If my family is anything, we're strong. I'd tell you the story but that'll literally take around a year to tell. 50 chapters at minimum needed for such a story. Cj had walked around the back of the crowd and reached the side where I was sitting, plopping next to me and looking at my elbow.

"You realize this means I won, considering I never got any injuries, right? Meaning I choose the story tonight." Cj spoke while putting a band-aid on the wound.

"You are something else you know that, Bubba?" I laughed.

"Hey--Bubba is a fat 6-year-old. I'm Cj or Ceej if you wanna be risky." He joked.

"Yeah, yeah. And Bumblebee is a corny part in an elementary school play. I'm Isabelle or Belle if you wanna be risky. And for double the risk factor-- just B." I pretended to gasp and Cj feigned a shudder.

We laughed together and I sighed as my team went back on the court. The faint stinging in my elbow (that wasn't a big deal at all) seemed to decrease as I put my head on my brother's strong shoulder. Cj had a really early puberty, already having to shave when he was just 13. By 15, he's what Becca like to drool: "a Greek God in the making."

And no, Becca doesn't like him. Or at least she's been swearing for the past month that she doesn't. She 'just thinks he's cute' and wants to appreciate this. I chuckled to myself, turning my nose to smell Cj's new, clean, light-red shirt (he had changed in the car) and closed my eyes.

I've always loved that my brother somehow smelt like ash and rainwater at the same time. Even a dash of citrus if he uses gel in his hair. Don't ask why--I have no idea. I always refer to Cj as my older brother, simply because we're fraternal and to be honest you'd never be able to tell we're twins.

Or the same age. See, me, I can get it if someone mistakes me for 17 by mistake. I know that I'm decently pretty and puberty (currently going through it) is being pretty kind in the acne department so I'm nice to look at least. But that's all I have going for me.

Cj's could pass for a 19-year-old going on to 20 if he cleaned up and forgot to shave in the morning. I guess you could say I'm partially jealous but at the same time I'm fully proud. My "big" brother is a huge chick magnet and it feels kinda cool when all the girls in my class are gushing over 'the hottest guy in school' I can say: Yah, he's my brother.

I also get to say this magical line, which always screws them over: "Also, he's gay."

Yah, I know. Shocker. The dude who's athletic and hot and hangs out with dudes AND girls equally is gay?? I know, I know, you need time to process it. Well, guess what, we didn't. Our whole family was pretty chill about it. And I...well I just go around shipping him with everyone.

I'm just glad that we were ok with it. But when you go through as much as my parents have you learn that some things just aren't worth all the extra drama. You love dudes? Ok. Besides we're all romantic saps thanks to my birth mom and dad's love story. They always said that peace was young and tempting and promised but it seems they didn't get it and were perfectly happy.

I hoped for the same with whoever I fall in love with. My sexuality is yet to be determined. I feel like I may be like my mom and identify as queer. No necessarily bi-sexual but just knowing that I have no labels and will love whoever I please. Cj on the other hand...well...it's his dream to find one guy (just one) and settle down and be in love forever.

But every guy seemed to have been repulsed by Cj. I know. This time: genuine shocker.

~~

Corey Jr's P.O.V

"Pizza's here!"

"Ok, the blankets are set up and cuddle buddies have been assigned!"

"Wait, my guest isn't here."

"Guest?"

Everyone turned to Dad, looking at him weirdly. Guest on family story night? That's weird. He wasn't talking though and he and Sab just sat in the largest chair, super comfy. Belle brought in the pizza box, setting it down in the middle and grabbed a slice of the veggie pizza. Both she and Princess are vegetarian.

Belle plopped next to me, getting under the blankets and leaning on me while eating her veggie slime while I ate actual pizza. Pepperoni, bacon, green peppers.

"So what story tonight?" Cowan asked happily.

"Ah, well, it was unanimously decided that Belle and Ceej would pick the story for tonight." Mom smiled.

Belle rolled her eyes and hid her smile.

"Actually, Mr. All-Star here gets to pick." She informed.

"Lost a bet?" Hunter asked, his laugh ringing out.

"Totally. Stupid elbow." B muttered.

I laughed. I'm picking her favorite story anyway. Pluto bounced into the living room, still the same as yesterday...and 4 years ago....and when we first got him. He hasn't grown an inch but Belle loves the old mutt. She picked him up cooing and feeding him an olive from her pizza. I rolled my eyes and looked at Mom and Dad.

"Tell the one about the day you and Mom first said 'I love you' and really meant it. Like when the promises started, in the hospital when you first got stabbed." I explained.

Belle smiled and sat up, turning to me. I rolled my eyes and she hit my arm for playing with her this whole time.

"Asshole." She teased.

"Princess." I scoffed.

"Since when is that an insult in this house?" Bee laughed.

"Since it didn't come out of Dad's mouth." I chuckled.

Dad and Sabrina started telling the story, and we were all silent listening to the nearly non-believable tale of my dad and real mom's love. Just as he got to the part where he was telling Rowan he loved her the doorbell rang.

"Ah, that must be my guest. Well, you guys know how many years past this story it was Rowan in the hospital bed and not me?"

"Yeah..." Cowan answered for all of us.

"Well, one of her last wishes was for me to love again..."

"Ok. So what's that gotta do with anything?" Hunter asked.

Dad opened the door and a girl with short shoulder length hair that was very clearly dyed blonde stood there. She has an Asian look about her and glowing aura, although she seemed deathly nervous. Belle had a radiant smile on, always happy for new friends and waved all small-like at the woman in the doorway.

The woman seemed to calm a bit and Belle smiled brighter, petting Pluto softly.

"Everyone...this is Gene....my girlfriend."

Belle's eyes shot open and her mouth dropped. I looked at her, then at Gene and then at Dad. My mouth fell open as well and the strangled choke that left my throat betrayed my feelings. I started breathing heavily and gave a nervous chuckle. It was barely less than a sneer.

"You're screwed."

* Keep

* Comment

* Vote

Hola, Kittens & Martians alike, Queen_Riarkle here,

Thank you so much for reading this book and giving it a chance, even when I wouldn't update and when I wanted to give up. Thank you for loving Rowan and Corey and GMW in real life. Thank you for simply being my family. I know that it may be hard to leave this family behind, whether you're a loyal reader, a slow reader, a nonconstant reader or if you binged this all today, I love you and I appreciate you.

Keep it gorgeous, Scientists & Bunny farmers; THANK YOU AND RIARKLE

* Keep, this is in your library (or archive it! It's like a medal!)

* Comment, your favorite parts or your favorite chapters!

* Vote, to keep me happy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
97.6K 3.4K 39
Book #2 of the "Forbidden" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #10 in Graphic 2022 #9 in Lies 2023 #17 in Past 2023 #36 in Basketball 2022 #19...
184K 8.4K 87
Young and in love - a reckless combination. When Mattie discovers she's pregnant at the tender age of 15, her family sends her away. She spends the...
5.5K 103 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...