Bossy Bree

Par Lady_Lemonade_

Mula ng magkasakit ang kanyang ama, Bree Montecillo acted as the CEO of a multimillion-dollar corporation and... Plus

Bossy Bree
1 The will
2 Mr. Santillan
3 I need him
4 How much are you?
Hello guys!
5 Red faced
6 His Conditions
7 Mrs. Santillan
8 First Fight
9 Living together
10 Heartbeat
11 Almost but not quite
12 Interruptions
13 The Maid
14 makes No sense
15 Dashing Dandy
17 That Night
18 The day after
19 The Vacation
20 Love in bloom
21 The visitor
22 Office Romance
23 Denial
24 Realization
25 The Tyrant
26 Consequences
27 Its a trap
28 Trapped
29 settlement
30 Madness
31 One of us
32 Hate
33 Ceasefire
34 Scapegoat
35 Promise me
36 I'm done for
37 Fait Accompli
38 Epilogue
39 Clyde POV
40 Clyde POV (2)

16 Date

30.7K 849 23
Par Lady_Lemonade_

Bree POV

Clyde's reaction as I walked down the stairs is nothing but flattering. I can't help the smile that formed my lips when I saw him drew a deep breath and held it as his eyes traveled up and down to my gown-clad body. I admit, I made an extra effort choosing my gown tonight. I wanted to look feminine but fierce, thus I ended up wearing a  crimson corseted gown with swarovski crystals straps. It's a feisty gown with the boldest shade of red but it also made me look feminine with it's corset style and lustrous stones. It cost a fortune but it's all worth it with the reaction I received from Clyde. I also took a quick glance at him. He is wearing the suit that we bought and it perfectly fit him well. Neck down, he looks debonair, the only problem is his face. He is wearing that thick eyeglasses again that hides his beautiful eyes. And that sleek look of his hair is a throw off. I really need to get rid of all those gels in his bathroom. I'm torn between admiring his appearance or cringing.

Sinalubong ako ni Clyde sa dulo ng hagdan. He offered his arm and the act somehow made me smile. Kumapit ako doon bago bumaba sa huling baitang ng hagdan. Magkaharap na kami ng ilang segundo pero nakatitig pa din si Clyde kaya naman naiilang na nag-iwas ako ng tingin. 

"Ang g-ganda mo, wifey." Papuri niya na ikinataas ng sulok ng labi ko. Like, I already know that!

"Thanks, you look good too." Balik puri ko na din. Napatingin si Clyde sa suot niya na para bang hindi siya sanay sa three-piece suit na suot niya na talaga namang sakto sa katawan niyang matipuno. Alam kong sanay siya sa pagsusuot ng maluluwag niyang polo kaya halata sa mukha niya ang pagka-asiwa ngayong halos umukab na ang suit sa katawan niya. He doesn't even know how sexy he looked.

"Shall we?" Aya ko sa lalaki na ikinangiti niya at ikinatango. Magkakapit na lumabas kami ng bahay at tinungo ang garahe kung saan naka-parke ang kotse ko.

Nakarating kami sa isang luxurious hotel kung saan gaganapin ang pagtitipon para sa charity ball. The hall was packed with wealthy and influential group of people in their most lavish gowns and stylish suits. It may seem superficial having these group of people in this kind of frivolous gathering, but the donations that comes with it goes along way, so who am I to complain? For the sick children, I can endure pecking cheeks, giving little smiles and nonsensical talks with them if it means the charity's fund can take care of surgical operations of sick children.

"Bree! You're here!" A shirlly voice greeted us as we enter the massive venue.

"Tita Margaret!" I greeted with a smile as I kiss her cheek. She's my late father's friend and the one in charge of all the foundations my father founded. Tita Margaret doesn't look her age. She's a five foot socialite whom can easily mistaken to be in her mid-thirties.

"I'm glad you made it. Oh you brought young Santillan! How are you? You are looking extra handsome today!" Ani Tita Margaret habang ngiting-ngiting nakatingin kay Clyde. She sounded flirtatious as she stare at Clyde, her hand extended. Clyde grasp her extended hand and kiss it then he smile brightly at Tita Margaret.

"Good evening Ma'am Mariano. I'm nothing compared to your beauty! You are looking younger each time I see you! And as always you organize the best charity event!" Sagot naman ni Clyde na ikinatawa ng malakas ni Tita Margaret. Namula ang pisngi ng matandang dalaga na ikinataas ng kilay ko. Mukhang kinilig ito sa sinabi ni Clyde.

"Namiss ko ang pagiging bolero mo! Go on, both of you. Your seats are in front." Nakangiting pahayag ni Tita Margaret na kiming nginitian ko na lang at mabilis na inangklahan ang braso ni Clyde at hinatak siya.

Pero bago pa kami makapunta sa upuan namin ay may dalawang lalaki na ang sumasalubong sa amin. Halata sa mukha ko ang pagkalito dahil hindi ko sila kilala. I never really like socialising. One of my weakest trait is that I easily forget faces. Agad namang dumukwang si Clyde at bumulong.

"The one in the left is Lucas Devauer, heir to the Devar Unibank, his bank is the one handling all our accounts. The one in the right is Octavius Sinclair, owner of Sinclair Corp.,the supplier of our constuction materials." Bulong sa akin ni Clyde na ikinatango ko. Saktong tipid na nakangiti na ako ng makalapit na sila.

"Ms. Montecillo! It's nice to finally meet the amazing woman behind Montecillo group of company, the leading estate developer in the field!" Octavius Sinclair greeted with his hand extended. I shook it and instill the tight smile on my lips with his over the top praise.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Sinclair." I politely replied. Lumingon ako sa katabi niya para lang mailang sa malagkit nitong titig sa akin. Kita ko ang pagsiko ni Sinclair sa katabi niya. Doon na lang parang natauhan ito. Nagulat pa ako ng malakas itong tumawa. His laughter is surprisingly  pleasing to the ears.

"I'm sorry, I'm taken aback by your beauty. Lucas at your service, Ms. Montecillo." He said as he extended his hand. He sounded flirtatious and at the same time he has this devil-may-care vibe. Tumaas ang sulok ng labi ko sa sinabi niya. Smooth. The guy must have delivered that lines a lot of times.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Devauer." I said as I grasp his extended hand for a shake pero nagulat ako ng iangat niya iyon at halikan. His warm lips on the back of my palm and his eyes that never leaves mine somehow made me uncomfortable. Rinig ko ang malalim na hugot ng hininga ng aking katabi.

"I think the program is starting." Mariin at pagalit ang pagkakasabi na iyon ni Clyde na parang warning kaya mabilis na nahatak ko ang kamay ko mula sa pagkakagagap ni Lucas.

Nagpaalam na kami sa dalawang lalaki. Clyde and I seated at our designated seats. The program started with Tita Margaret's emotional speech about the cause of the said Charity and where will the money be spent. Pagkatapos ay isa-isa ng tinawag ang mga nag-donate. I stood up when my name is called and I waved and smiled at everyone. It's like an introduction to their circle of elite for the sake of their standard propriety. I will be dealing with all of them someday and I wanted to leave a remarkable impression. Lucas and Sinclair were the loudest clapper and it made my smile widened even more when I saw them.

An intermission number of ballet dancers perform at the stage and it made me feel sleepy. Nang biglang may umupo sa aking kaliwa kaya napalingon ako doon and I saw Miguel Argueles with his watchful eyes and leery smile.

"Bree." He greeted with a nod.

"Tito Miguel." I replied with a tight smile.

"I see you really brought your secretary." He said while giving Clyde a suspicious glance. "Look, about yesterday, you know I'm not attacking you in any way and if you feel offended then I'm sorry." He looked apologetic that I quickly responded.

"I'm sorry too for being sensitive about it." Sagot ko na lang sabay ngiti sa matandang lalaki. Being with the same circle table with Miguel Arguelles is enough to make me uncomfortable and Clyde knew it.

"Gusto mo na bang umuwi?" Bulong ni Clyde. He was leaning way to close to me that his cheek almost brushes mine. I can even smell the manly perfume that he used. The act was too intimate even from me. My eyes widened when I saw Tito Miguel eyeing us with a sneering smile on his lips. Mabilis na naitulak ko si Clyde na ipinagtaka naman ng huli. Lalong lumapad ang ngisi ni Tito Miguel na animo'y may nakumpirma siya sa kanyang hinala. Gusto ko namang magsisi sa naging reckless na reaksyon ko. It made me look guilty.

"I can hear you loud and clear Clyde, you don't have to whisper." Tarantang pahayag ko na ikinatango naman ni Clyde habang napapalingon din siya kay Tito Miguel. Tito Miguel was trying hard not to crack into laughter and I just wanted to disappear in my seat.

Goddammit! Even my excuse was so lame!

Alam kong alam na ni Cylde kung bakit ganon ang naging reaksyon ko sa ginawa niya. A few more minutes pass and I couldn't take the tension on that table anymore. Tito Miguel's blabbering and snooping around makes me so uncomfortable.

"Clyde, Tito Miguel, I'm just going out for some fresh air." Paalam ko sa kanila.

"Samahan na kita." Agad na tayo si Clyde pero pinigil ko lang siya sa may balikat at pinaupong muli. Tito Miguel still watching our every move.

"No. Ako na lang. Stay here and keep Tito Miguel company." Matigas na sagot ko. Nasa mukha pa ni Clyde ang pagprotesta pero agad din akong tumayo at lumakad palabas.

Naglakad ako sa likod na bahagi ng hotel kung nasaan ang maliit nitong hardin. Nakakita ako ng bench malapit sa kinurbang parisukat na halaman kaya tinungo ko iyon at naupo. Malakas ang hangin kaya naman masarap iyon sa pakiramdam. I looked up and smiled at the sight of the cresent moon and twinkling stars. The view is so relaxing. Nagulat pa ako ng may biglang naupo sa tabi ko. Napalingon ako sa aking kaliwa.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Nakangiting ani ng lalaki. He doesn't look apologetic at all but rather he looked like a naughty boy with his boyish smile.

"Lucas Devauer, right?" Aniko na mas ikinalapad naman ng ngiti sa labi nito.

"Buti naman kilala mo pa din ako. Ilang beses na din tayong nagkita but it seems like... you still don't know who I am." Aniya na ikinakunot ng noo ko.

"Nagkakilala na tayo dati?" Taas ang kilay na tanong ko. Napatawa ang lalaki sa tanong ko. Itinaas niya ang kamay niya sabay nagbilang doon.

"We met thrice at Devar Unibank, the branch near your building. One time at New York's Fashion Week. Your dad's funeral. Twice at Investors' meeting and today." Pagbibilang ni Lucas na ikinasinghap ko.

"That many?! I'm sorry. I'm really bad at remembering faces, but I'm good with names." Napapahiyang ani ko na lang.

"Okay lang! Ang totoo niyan hindi naman talaga ako pormal na nagpakilala sa'yo sa bawat pagkikita natin. I don't know why I thought you knew me, my fault!" Tinaas pa ng lalaki ang kanyang kamay na animo'y gustong batukan ang sarili niya pero nauwi iyon sa pagkamot. " I smiled at you, I even waved but of course you wouldn't smile back. Dapat pala I approached you and introduced myself like what I did earlier. If not for Siclair, I wouldn't have the guts to do it." Pag-amin niya na ikinangiti ko ng malapad. His genuine smile is cute. His cheeks are even red from his confession.

"I went as far as seeking Miguel Argueles to ask if you could be my date for tonight. I guess you turn it down because you didn't know me? Now I know." Nagkakamot sa sentido na ani ni Lucas. Hindi ko na din napigilan at natawa ako. Typical of me not respond to a wave or a smile of someone I didn't know. And I would definitely turn down an invitation coming from Tito Miguel. Napapahiyang nagtawa na din si Lucas.

Malakas na tikhim ang nagpatigil sa pagtawa ko. Nanlaki ang mata ko ng makitang nakatayo sa aking harapan si Clyde at bakas sa mukha niya ang disgusto habang pinapanood niya kami.
Mabilis akong napatayo mula sa pagkakaupo sa bench. Sunod na napatayo din si Lucas.

"Dinner is about to start." Mariing anas ni Clyde halata ang talim ng tingin nito kay Lucas.

"I'll escort you in. Sabay na tayong kumain." Pahayag ni Lucas habang ino-offer niya ang kanyang braso. Napatingin ako doon tapos ay nilingon ko si Clyde na mas lalong dumilim ang itsura. Kita ko pa ang pamumuo ng kamao ng lalaki.

"I'll escort her in." Clyde snapped at Lucas. Mukhang nairita naman si Lucas sa pagsagot na iyon ni Clyde.

"You're her assistant, right? Nothing is going to happen to your boss, Mr. Secretary, she is safe with me." Pilit ni Lucas habang masama na din ang tingin kay Clyde. Kita ko ang pagtatangis ng bagang ni Clyde. He looked really pissed. My gut is telling me that Clyde is about to do something stupid or say something stupid...

"I'm not just her secretary! I'm her hus..." agad na tinutop ko ang kamay ko sa bibig ni Clyde bago pa niya masabi ang alam kong sasabihin niya. Kabadong napalingon ako kay Lucas at halata sa mukha niya ang pagtataka sa kinilos ko. Agad ko ring tinanggal ang kamay ko sa bibig ni Clyde at lihim na kinurot ang walang kagalaw-galaw na si Clyde. Nakatingin siya sa akin na para bang naiinis din siya sa pagputol ko sa sasabihin niya.

"Lucas, it's nice talking to you. I'm afraid I have to go with him, we need to discuss something important. See you inside!" Natatarantang paalam ko sabay kabig ng kamay ni Clyde at lakad. Pero imbis na maglakad ay nakatayo lang doon si Clyde at nakikipaglabanan ng titig kay Lucas kaya naman malakas ko na siyang hinatak.

"Let's go!" Mariing bulong ko sa kanya. Bumuntong-hininga muna si Clyde bago nagpating-anod na sa paghatak ko sa kanya.

"Didn't I tell you to keep our marriage a secret?! My God Clyde! If you tell one person in here that we're married, it will spread like wildfire! Everybody will know!" Gigil na bulong ko kay Clyde habang papasok kami ng hotel.

"So what if everbody knows?! Iyon naman ang totoo! O baka kay Devanuer mo lang gustong ilihim?" Iritang sagot naman ni Clyde. Tumigil ako sa paghakbang kaya napatigil din si Clyde. I can't believe he thinks it's just nothing. Hinitay kong humarap siya sa akin na ginawa naman ng huli.

"What the hell are you saying?!" Puno ng iritasyon ang aking mukha. Napabuntong hininga muna ako bago muling nagpatuloy. "You don't even know the consequences you'll face being married to me, don't you?! Do you think the board will gladly slap our backs and congratulates us?! Do you think they will cheer for us?!" Sarkastikong ani ko sa lalaki na ikinakibit-balikat lang nito. Nauubusan ng pasensiyang napabuga muli ako ng hangin sa bibig. "All I'm doing is trying to protect your ass." Nanggigigil na aniko sa lalaki.

"My ass... or yours?" He murmured but loud enough that I can hear it.

"What did you say?! You keep forgeting who you're talking to Mr. Santillan!" Hamon ko sa lalaki. He is starting to really piss me off. Clyde looks exasperated as he blew a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I'll do whatever you say Ma'am. I'm at your disposal." May tunog na sarkastiko sa tono ng pagkakasabi niya 'non. The look he is giving me is that of a person who doesn't believe in every single word I said. Agad siyang tumalikod sa akin at nauna na siyang pumasok ng hotel. Napataas ang kilay ko sa pag-iwan niya sa akin.

Look at that guy! Pagkatapos niyang makipag-agawan kay Lucas sa pagsabay papasok ng hotel ay iiwan din lang pala niya ako! What a joke!

Naiiritang pumasok na lang din ako ng hotel. Everyone were already enjoying their dinner. I was called by some businessmen kaya sandali akong nakipag-usap sa kanila about the incessant economic deflation of the countries' businesses nowadays. I even spoke and told them some tips that I learned from dad. Pagkatapos ay mabilis din akong nagpaalam sa kanila.

Napatda ako sa aking kinatatayuan ng makitang may magandang babaeng nakaupo sa upuan ko at nakatunghay kay Clyde. Kahit si Tito Miguel ay walang kakurap-kurap na nakatitig sa dalaga. The girl is wearing a transparent silver dress with the lowest neckline possible. Her hair obviously colored blonde and her built, maybe as slim as mine.  Napabilis ang paglakad ko palapit ng sabay tumawa si Tito Miguel, si Clyde at ang babaeng mang-aagaw ng upuan ko. Napatayo si Clyde ng makitang nasa harapan ako ng babaeng seat-stealer, na napalingon naman ng tumayo si Clyde. The girl looked more beautiful upclose.

"Have you met the boss, Eliza?tanong ni Clyde na ikinailing ng ulo ni blondie.

"Then let me introduce you two. Ma'am Bree, she's Eliza Carreon, she's a good friend of mine. Eliza, meet the CEO of Montecillo Group of company and the boss of me, Ms. Bree Montecillo." There is that hint of sarcasm again in Clyde's last statement. Even my surname sounded taunting with the way he said it. Tumayo si Eliza at iniabot ang kamay niya para sa isang handshake.

"Hi! Eliza Carreon, I'm not his friend, I'm actually his ex." Mapaglaro ang tono ng babae habang nakangisi sa akin na ikinataas ng kilay ko sa kanya. Halatang pinariringgan nito si Clyde at mukhang natuwa pa ang babae sa tarantang pag-aayos ni Clyde ng kurbata niya. I quickly scant Eliza from head to toe. She is gorgeous with her slim body that's too thin yet curvaceous, and a face that is pretty enough to be a head turner.

"Oh, Really?!" Hindi ko maiwasang maging sarkastiko ang pagtatanong kong iyon. Mukhang totoo nga ang sinasabi ni Eliza base sa pamumula ng pisngi ni Clyde. Ilang segundo pang nasa ere ang kamay ni Eliza ng matunugan niya na ayokong makipag-handshake sa kanya. Awkward na ibinaba niya ang kamay niya. I don't like the way Clyde looks rattled by this woman's presence as much as I don't want to shake her hand. I heard laughter and my dagger eyes went to Tito Miguel who is obviously enjoying what he's seeing.

Oh my God Bree! Stop being so obvious! You are giving yourself away!

"That happened a long long time ago Eliza! Mga bata pa tayo 'non!" Ani Clyde sa kabadong tono sabay silip niya sa reaksyon ng mukha ko na ikinalingon ko din sa kanya. Our eyes met, while Clyde's eyes are apologetic, mine are furious.

"Still counts! I'm your first!" Pilit naman ni Eliza sabay tawa na ikinakunot ko ng noo kay Clyde. Who would have thought that this nerd had past relationships, and take note, to a gorgeous one?!

"Ah! First love! You know what they say, you can never forget your first love." Singit ni Tito Miguel. I'm fighting the urge not to throw my seat at Tito Miguel's face.

"Exactly, Sir Miguel." Sagot naman ni Eliza dito at sabay pa silang bumunghalit ng tawa. I think I've seen this girl somewhere but since I'm bad at remembering faces, I can't exactly say when. 

"You seem familiar?" Anas ko na nagpatawa muli sa matinis na boses ng babae.

"Ms. Montecillo, she modeled for us. It was you who picked her from all the candidates to be our endorser. Also, Eliza Carreon is the most highest paid Pinay Model. She modeled for Versace." Proud na pakilala ni Clyde na muling ikinaarko ng kilay ko.

I picked her?! And she's your ex? Your ex is a freaking model? So what! Big deal?!

"I see." Tanging sagot ko.

"Enough with the introductions. Maupo na kayo." Ani Tito Miguel kaya napilitang umupo ako sa kabilang upuan na bakante. Another set of ballet dancers enter the stage to perform. I tried focusing my attention to them.

Pero hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang pag-abot ni Eliza ng calling card niya kay Clyde. The girl is outright flirting with Clyde. I don't know why I have this urge to pull her hair to break them apart then tear her calling card to pieces and threw it at her face. Muli kong kinontrol ang aking sarili dahil ramdam kong nakatingin sa akin ang mapag-obserbang mga mata ni Tito Miguel. He is just waiting for me to slip and cause a scene. I would rather die than satisfy his curiosity.

"Don't forget to call me." Malambing na bulong ni Eliza kay Clyde na nagpapantig ng tainga ko. Napakamot sa batok si Clyde habang nakatingin sa akin. I'm trying so hard to control myself from these emotions that I can't even put a name to.

I tried hard to compose myself. I took my eyes off them and tried focusing on the dancers on stage. Hindi ang isang Bree Montecillo ang maaapektuhan ng ganito sa isang nerdy na secretary ko lang! We are married just because of the company's sake, for convenience only. We're not a real couple for me to be affected by his exes!

Clyde's cheeks reddened even more when Eliza kissed him on the cheek. His eyes quickly darted towards me and when he saw me looking murderously at him, he quickly move his chair away from Eliza.

She just kissed him?! That's it! I can't take this anymore!

What the girl did was the last straw! I quickly stood up. Sobrang napabilis pa nga yata ang pagtayo ko dahil lahat sila ay nagtatakang napatingin sa akin. Sakto naman natapos din ang pagpeperform ng ballet dancers sa entablado. Malakas akong pumalakpak. Palakpak na buong panggigigil.

"I have to take my leave now." I gritted. My hands hurt by clapping so hard when all the time I'm thinking of slapping the girl beside Clyde. I've been known for my temper but today it was tested to its limits.

"But I thought you wanted to finish the program." Nagtatakang ani Clyde.

"Oo nga Bree, stay for a little while. Don't leave, the fun part is just starting." Sulsol naman ni Tito Miguel na ikinatingin ko ng masama sa kanya. Akala ba niya hindi ko alam kung anong ginagawa niya? At ito namang si Clyde ay clueless sa mga nangyayari. I wouldn't be surprise if this meeting is orchestrated by the devious Miguel Arguelles from the very start.

"Shows over, Tito." I sneered at him sabay turo sa yumuyukong mga ballet dancers na tapos ng sumayaw. But obviously I'm not talking about the ballet performers when I locked eyes with Tito Miguel. I'm challenging him, a smirk formed my lips and Tito Miguel chuckled in response. I know that he knew what I was talking about when he fully grinned. It was like an admission to what he has done. His orchestrated show is over because I'm not going to let it go on.

"We haven't eaten yet..." reklamong ani Clyde sabay tanaw sa buffet table. I'm hungry too, but I don't think I can put food in my stomach after what had transpire.

"I just lost my appetite." I said while looking at Tito Miguel with all conviction. He shrugged his shoulder as if he didn't know what I'm talking about. Sumenyas lang ako kay Tita Margaret na nasa stage pa rin para sabihing aalis na ako, tumango lang ang matandang dalaga at kumaway. Walang lingon likod na naglakad ako palabas ng hotel.

"Ma'am teka! Huwag niyo kong iwan." Rinig ko pang ani Clyde pero derederetso pa din ako. Tumakbo si Clyde para makahabol at ramdam ko ang pagsunod niya sa aking likod.

"Sayang naman. Nagugutom pa naman ako." Aniya na animo'y nagpaparinig sa akin. My eyes rolled and ignored him. I knew it wasn't his fault, Tito Miguel must have investigated Clyde's background. Alam kong may hinala na siya sa aming dalawa ni Clyde and he even went to this extent of provoking me by introducing Clyde's ex. Pero bakit inis na inis pa rin ako gayong alam kong palabas lang ang lahat ng iyon ni Tito Miguel. Naiinis ako kay Clyde at sa babaeng humalik sa pisngi niya!

Ugh! This can't be happening! Bree Montecillo can't be jelous!?

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

4.9M 66.2K 45
Elize Montemayor has been in love with Jared Villaflor ever since she has heard of his name. Thing is, Jared is too out of her league and taking noti...
1.4M 37K 43
Sofie Alessia Andrada has always been the aggressive type, free spirited and strong willed. Men bow down to her and worships her beauty. Just one sm...
48.8K 967 53
"Hindi siya nakakatulog ng walang ilaw..." Namilog ang mga mata ng aking mga kasamahan at sabay-sabay silang napasigaw... "Ba't mo alam?" I bit my lo...
Naked Eye Par Dcmuch

Roman d'amour

12.9K 942 63
Three boys loved me in three different ways; the first one who saw me as someone who can play fire with him, the second one, whose heart was pure, ob...