The Runaway Princess [ENGLISH]

By Echo2014

Being a member of the royal family doesn't always count as being lucky. For Tasha, being a princess is like a... More

♚ The Runaway Princess ♚
♚ Chapter 1 ♚
♚ Chapter 2 ♚
♚ Chapter 3 ♚
♚ Chapter 4 ♚
♚ Chapter 5 ♚
♚ Chapter 6 ♚
♚ Chapter 7 ♚
♚ Chapter 8 ♚
♚ Chapter 9 ♚
♚ Chapter 10♚
♚ Chapter 11♚
♚ Chapter 12♚
♚ Chapter 13♚
♚ Chapter 14♚
♚ Chapter 15♚
♚ Chapter 16♚
♚ Chapter 17♚
♚ Chapter 18♚
♚ Chapter 19♚
♚ Chapter 20♚
♚Chapter 21 ♚
♚Chapter 22 ♚
♚Chapter 23♚
♚Chapter 24♚
♚Chapter 25♚
♚Chapter 26♚
♚ Chapter 27 ♚
♚ Chapter 28 ♚
♚ Chapter 29 ♚
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Part 1)
Chapter 44 (Part 2)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 37

34.8K 1.1K 306
By Echo2014

Chapter 37 - The Twin Thing

'Maxwell, what made you decide to stay? Aren't you afraid of him?' The little girl asked in wonder.

'No' the little guy replied.

'I have given you a chance. Why blew it up?' The girl asked. 'I wouldn't mind if you didn't look back,' the girl said.

Maxwell didn't reply. He just stared at the little girl. For a ten year old, she's very brave. She didn't show signs of fear nor cowardice. But how can he leave if only thing that keeps him from escaping was her? If he leaves, all of that person's attention will focus on her and he won't let that happen. If he's going, so was her.

'I won't leave,' he said firmly. '...Not without you,' he continued at the back of his mind.

***

'What is that?' I asked Marshall as he cook something into the fire that he set up earlier. It's producing a very appetizing aroma despite looking like a coal because it's almost turning into black.

'It's a fish I caught earlier. It wont hurt to have a little meal after all of that fiasco, right?' he said handing me a stick.

I stared at the food he's offering me. When he noticed my reluctance to take it, he said, 'Despite looking like that, it's edible,'

I took the stick and stared at it once more.

'I may not be a good chef but this will do. Dig in,' he said and starts eating.

'It's the first time I'll eat something like this,' I said before pinching a good chunk and ate it.

'I don't have anything to put into that food so I guess it's a little bland,'

'It's good,' I complimented after I gulp a piece. 'What kind of dish is it?' I asked

'It's a grilled milkfish. In Filipino terms they call it inihaw na bangus,'

I stared at the food called Bangus trying to recall whether or not I was able to try something like this back in our homeland.

'It'a not actually common in Atlantria. It was usually found in Indian and Pacific Ocean,' Marshall suddenly said as if he can hear my internal turmoil.

I just gave him an 'O' response before I proceed eating.

Suddenly, a faint sound of a propeller was heard along the horizon. When we try to locate where the sound is coming from, we saw a white chopper on its way towards the island.

Marshall quickly stands from his seat. A look of worry flash in his eyes.

'Are we in trouble?' I asked.

'I don't know yet,' he replied.

'Here's our ride,' Axel suddenly appeared, startling us in the process.

When both of us just stared at him, he said, 'I deactivated the wards earlier. If I didn't, they'll never find us,' then he looks at me, 'didn't I already told you that?'

Blushing out of embarrassment, I just nodded my head.

'Prepare yourselves. We're leaving this island,' he ordered then walks away.

I sighed. 'Bossy as always,' I whispered but Marshall heard me.

'He is,' he said agreeing with my thoughts.

When the chopper landed, I saw a very familiar looking man. The moment I saw his blonde hair, I instantly knew who he was.

I was the first one to approached the chopper.

Sporting a mischievous smirk, he approached us and said, 'How lovely to see you Tasha, my love,' then he flashed me his dashing smile that can swoon other girls. Too bad it's not working on me.

I shook my head in resignation and smiled at him. 'You're still trying to be charming as always, Mason,' I told him jokingly.

'Uh-ah, Wrong answer. And I'm always charming,' he corrected. 'I always wanted to hear you say...' he paused then put the back of his hand on his forehead, 'oh Prince Charming, it's too good to see you and please give me a mind blowing kiss!' He said dramatically making me chuckle.

Before I can give him a response, he's now on his knees with his face crashing on the white sand.

Oops, somebody just kicked him.

When I saw who the culprit was, my face instantly turn sour.

What is she doing here?

'What the hell was that for Dianara!?' Mason asked after he recovered from falling down. His face is morphing into a scowl.

Dianara rolled her eyes and didn't say anything. It's as if she's saying 'I couldn't care less,' Then, she look at me, 'I see...You're still tagging along with Axel,' She stated and didn't bother hiding her disapproval.

'Well, he did say that I was not allowed to leave,' I replied casually. 'Not until I finished what I'm told to accomplish,' I added bitterly. Of course, I didn't say the latter out loud. I don't want to give her the idea how disposable I am in the eyes of Axel once everything is finished. Well, not that I also want to stick with him forever. He did offer me a deal that can prevent my father from finding me. Aside from that, I was able to recover bits of my memories along the way. But the memory that I knew Maxwell and Marshall long ago before we even start this little expedition of ours is very confusing and I don't plan on leaving once everything falls into the right place.

'Then I'll just wait until he's done with you,' she said with a smirk.

The nerve of this woman!

'Stop it Dianara,' Mason reprimanded.

Dianara rolled her eyes.

Mason glance on my side and his face instantly turn sour. I cringe when I look at his reaction. Is that how I look like a while ago? It's definitely not the sight to see.

'Did I just saw something that I shouldn't see?' He asked out of the blue.

Dianara and I gave him a quizzical look. At least we shared the same confusion.

'It's been a while huh? Doggo?' Marshall said appearing on my side.

'Couldn't say the same thing to you, Count Dracula,' Mason said disapprovingly.

'What?' I asked confused.

'Nothing important Ana. You don't need to stress yourself over him,' Marshall said.

'Psh... Figured you'll say that. With that name of yours I'm sure you'll be embarrassed to tell anyone,' he said and snickered a laugh.

'I will never be embarrassed by my name! It's just you who keeps on laughing at it!' Marshall flared.

'Look he's turning red!' Mason said laughing like a child while Marshall clenched his fist trying to control his anger.

I frowned.

'Will you just shut up you freak! Just seeing you hurts my sight and you're not helping me by being noisy. It hurts my ears,' Dianara said through gritted teeth.

'Fine! Fine! I'll stop. Just please stop nagging,' Mason resigned and walks away.

After Mason left, Dianara followed him.

I turned to Marshall and asked, 'what's going on? You two know each other?'

'Unfortunately yes,' he replied bitterly.

I wanted to ask how but I think it's inappropriate to ask personal questions especially when he's not liking the flow of our conversation. Instead, I asked, 'Dracula? I thought Marshall is your name?'

Yes, I remembered our first meeting but it doesn't hurt to ask him this question because I, myself is not sure if the memory inside my head is true. There are also pieces that I cannot remember making the memory seems out of place.

'Yes. It's one of my names,'

'Names?' I furrowed my eyebrows by his response. 'You mean Dracula?'

He sighs and said, 'My whole name is Marshall Dimitri Vladimir Le Claire Youngblood,'

I stared at him not because I find his name odd but I think we share the same sentiment.

'You got a bloody long name,' I said.

'Well, I think yeah... kinda bloody and all. My mom has this fetish with vamp-'

'So as I!' I exclaimed. 'Well, I got three names actually. Sucks being a royal. I don't know why they name their kids like that,' I added cringing at the thought.

'What?' I asked when I caught Marshall staring with a bewildered facial expression but quickly changed it with a smile.

I frowned. What's wrong with this guy?

'Are you okay?' I asked him.

'Nothing, nothing,' Marshall said and his smile widens. 'An-'

'Let's go,' A voice said, interrupting Marshall in the process and goes straight our mode of transportation. I quickly followed him and entered the chopper.

He seated in the corner and I sat at the seat in front of him. 'Where have you been?' I asked Axel.

'Settled some stuff,' he simply replied looking out the window.

'Is there something bothering you?' I asked reaching out for his fisted hand. Even though he didn't show signs of emotion other than his blank facial expression and cold treatments, I can sense that he's bothered. But by what? What can possibly make him worried this much.

Worried? Okay, where did that came from?

When my hand came in contact with his hand, Axel shifts his attention out of the window and look at me.

Before he can even say anything, the others makes their appearance and entered the chopper. I quickly removed by hand like I got burned by a candle and rested it on my lap.

Marshall was the first one to enter and took the seat on my side. Followed by Diannara who quickly sat next to Axel and loops her hands on Axel's arm.

Axel didn't even bother removing it making me frown. A sudden pain squeeze my heart. I don't why I feel this but I suddenly feel so sad and what's worse? I can't take my eyes off to Diannara's hand that is wrap around Axel's arm.

My attention shifted when Mason enters the chopper with his loud mouth.

'Hey blood, that's my seat!'

I know he is referring to Marshall because he's looking straight at him but Marshall completely ignored him.

'Ana, are you feeling cramped inside this machine? I'll summon Smok for you if you want,'

I smiled at him awkwardly, 'I'm definitely fine,'

'Hey! Are you even listening to me!?' Mason flared.

Marshall finally look at him, 'I'm sorry? Did you just say something?'

'Youuuu-'

'Just shut up and enter the damn chopper or we'll leave you,' Dianara threatened with so much irritation.

Mason was about to retort when Axel interrupted and coldly said, 'One more bickering or I'll leave you all in this Island,'

The three shut their mouths and comply.

Axel shove Dianara's hand before looking out the window once more. Now, he's completely free of her hold.

I smiled inwardly at what I saw.

When Mason sit next to Dianara, she complained.

'I'd rather sit next to my annoying sister than sit next to my archnemesis,' Mason said.

Did I heard it right?

'Sister?' I asked confused.

'Yes. It is the only thing I hate about my birth,' Mason said.

'Damn you! I never even want a twin like you,' Dianara retorts.

I look at them like they've grown another head.

Just as before we took off, I heard Marshall said, 'Yes, not only siblings but they're actually twins,'

'Say what!?'

End of Chapter 37
Did you miss Mason and Dianara🙄? If you do, this chapter is for you. 😁☺️😄

Cover by @katfood04 ☝️👆

Cover by @drosostalida ☝️👆

I'm still looking for the other covers in my inbox because my old phone broke where I save all of them. 😭😭

Thank you very much for the awesome covers. 👍🏅👏🙌
Love you all! 😘 ❤️

Warning:this chapter is unedited.
Next: Chapter 38- The Green Gemstone

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4.3K 89
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
7.1K 356 19
In this story A boy named The same as the protagonist's name in his previous life a Boy named Satoru Mikami is and ordinarily Otaku High schooler H...
13K 173 27
two siblings trying to survive (merles kids)
15.1K 316 37
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?