The Rose that Grew from Concr...

By XstaceyJones

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Characters
Empty Prayers
Close my Eyes
Forgiveness
-Decisions-
Sister Sister
-New Beginning-
-Mixed Emotions-
-Writings on the wall-
Dolls
-TKO-
Wish
Letting Go
Silent Night
-Situations: Midnight Run-
-Situations: Two Face-
Situations: Beauty School Drop In
-Friday Night Lights-
Opportunity Calls
The Caged Bird
Moving too fast
-Questions-
-Birds, Bees, and Bitches-
~Opportunity Calls pt. 2~
~When Doves Cry~
~Hard to Get~
~Inspector Gadget~
~Thick and Thin~
~First Class Trip~
~Girl Meets world~
~Escapades~
~Get-a-way~
~Just Kickin it~
~Girl meets world pt.2~
~Friend with Benefits~
~Playing with Fire~
~Never Lie~
~Game Proof~
~Vibrations~
~Sweet 16~
~Get Around~
~Two Wrongs~
~H.A.T.E.U~
~Talkin about~
~OPP~
~Woman to Woman~
~H.A.Z.E~
~Happily ever after...not~
~Their Eyes were watching....~
~Noelle's Joint~
~So Gone~
~So Gone pt. 2~
~Runaway Love~
~Unfoolish~
~Ultimate Relationship~
~Best of Me~
~Woman to Woman pt.2~
~Fireworks~
~Fireworks pt.2~

~Thoughts~

92 4 14
By XstaceyJones

-Noelle-

Does this look like True blue to you? No its Cyan blue please get me the color that I ask for, I said to the lady at the shop. Sure thing she said half smiling half mean mugging me. I was getting everything ready for Liv surprise baby shower and I did not need it to be messed up because some ditzy woman couldn't tell the difference between True blue and Cyan blue. With the help of guess who Tionne I'd managed to plan a perfect baby shower for Liv. After she told Malik that she was pregnant he treated her like some common hoe and I had to physically remind him that it was his fault she was pregnant in the first place.

Since then he don't really come around that much especially since Ty left. They close like brothers like Liv and I are like sisters, with the exception of the fact they weren't knocking each other down on the side. Well maybe...naw they definitely weren't!

Noelle! Yes ma'am I said turning to face Ti, which Gray do you want? Its needs be one that can go along with True Blue, and Sunshine Yellow. So cool Gray she said putting the balloon up to the decorations. Yeah I like that let's get that and the duckies as well. I don't know how you are going to make this theme work but I applaud you for trying. It'll work trust me. I was throwing her a nautical ducky themed baby shower, cause it's a boy and one thing that no one knows is that Liv loves little duckies. Like she for real does so I mixed the two into one big thing.

Is this the right color ma'am? Yes perfect! See how it goes with the other colors. Oh okay I see it now, she said smiling. I'll be back for the stuff on Saturday morning if you can have it ready that'd be perfect. No problem we'll have it boxed and ready as soon as you get here on Saturday. Thanks! Where to now Ms. Noelle? I think I did everything Ti I mean, Tae is getting her the crib and changing table, I sent out all of the invitations, ordered the cake, took care of the catering, got the decorations there's nothing left to do but get her gift and show up. Great now you can spend some time with your real sister. I laughed and looked at her, what you mean some time with my real sister I see you all the time. Yeah but not to actually kick it with me, its "Ti I need this" or "Ti why isn't my life going the way it should?" I actually need someone to talk to you know. I am sorry Titi I didn't realize I was neglecting you. It's fine cause I got you now and there will be no interruption of our sister date.

Okay so what's going on with you and Dalvin I said as we got our nails done? Ugh he's cheating. And you staying there why? Noelle its complicated. Tionne, if I told you that CJ was cheating on me and I was staying you'd knock me into next week, so again why are you staying? I don't know Noelle I mean I guess I am comfortable. Excuse my French but what the fuck does comfort have to do with anything? The person I want I can't have she mumbled under her breath. What was that? Nothing Noelle its just complicated. Complicated huh! Yeah it is very. Is there someone else in the picture Tionne that you aren't telling me about?

-Tionne-

Damn it why did I say that cause now she's questioning me. Quick think of an answer. Ugh yeah there is? Who is it? Have I met him? No you haven't and it's not that deep you know we've kicked it a few times but its not that serious. I don't believe you! Huh! I don't believe you Tionne, there is got be something more about this guy than yall are just kicking it. Hell Liv and I just kick it. You and Lisa just kick it. When she brought up Lisa I swear I felt my whole face turn red and I was praying that she didn't catch on to it. I can never tell Noelle about Li and my relationship it'd break her heart and I am not going to be the one that breaks her heart that way.

Tionne who is it? It's uh uh its JD! The fuck you just say Tionne! JD! Tae's JD that short nigga with the twig things coming out his head? Yeah I mean he's cool and...lawd Jesus my sister has lost her everlasting mind god. Seriously Ti he is not your type like at all, in this life time or the next, or hell 3 life times from last life time. Noelle don't over react. Me over react, did you hear what you just told me? Its just a crush nothing bigger than that. Oh my god I do need to spend more time with you cause you losing your damn mind. Whatever that's not the issue the issue is Dalvin's cheating.

Ti you aren't dumb so I know you know you need to leave him, but I sense its something deeper than just his cheating. Leave it to my little sister to get deep with it.

It is, lately he's been saying stuff you know about my body. What kind of stuff? He doesn't say it directly to me, but he makes comments about other women's bodies, like "oh look at her ass or look at her titties". It makes you feel self-conscious? Yeah big time, I know I am skinny and all but I am a woman I got all the parts a woman is supposed to have. You remember what you told me when I was 9? That was what almost 9 years ago.

 You told me that I shouldn't be self-conscious about my body because I was still beautiful. That was different I mean you were a little girl. There is no difference Ti other than my age. So what you don't have ass and titties, I am sure there is a woman out there that have too much and wish they could get rid of it. At the same time there are women who wish they had a little more the most important thing is that you know you're beautiful.

There is a man out there Tionne that believes that you are the most beautiful person on this planet. Hell there are females out there that believe that. Noelle! I am serious, you are rare individual that can attract both sides its just who you are. Attract both sides. Yes, men like that you are spunky, beautiful and cool. Women like that you have this thing about you its hard to describe, but they want to be with you, and they think you are fine as hell, skinny body and all. Really Noelle I said laughing a little. You don't believe me, you got girls so shook over you that if they could they'd marry yo ass right now and pop out 8 of your babies. Oh my god Noelle. I am not lying it's the truth, so if Dalvin doesn't appreciate what he has, bests believe someone else can and will. The same goes for CJ.

We aren't talking about that she said shaking her head. You let Ty leave Georgia knowing damn well that you should be with him. Ti its...what complicated? I love Ty, Ti I really do but at the same point you gotta admit we were moving extremely too fast. I mean we having sex and confessing our love to one another that's some next level adult type shit and I just wasn't ready for it. So let me ask you thins Noelle, you weren't ready for it with Ty, but are you ready for it with CJ? She looked at me before speaking. Honestly Ti I don't love CJ the way that I love Ty and I don't think I ever will. So we both stuck in this "comfortable" phase? I guess so sistah, I guess so!

-Rozonda-

I sat there looking at Dallas lay in my bed. What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I shake this nigga? Great his pager is going off maybe he'll leave now. It kept buzzing and he didn't move. Ugh Dallas! Dallas! Yeah what's up he said sitting up rubbing his eyes. Your pager is going off. Oh I am not worried about it, why you over there. Dallas what are we doing? We're talking Roz. Not that Dallas I mean this, I broke up with your ass almost 3 months ago and yet you are laid up in my bed right now. Where is this coming from Roz I mean you weren't saying all this last night when we were going at? That's my point right there Dallas, I let you use me, you don't really care about me or my feelings you are just with me out of convenience. Convenience! Yeah I mean if you really wanted me why aren't we married?

Oh so we're back to that again, he said getting out the bed. It's a simple question if you love me prove it and if you don't let me go so I can find someone who truly does. He nodded for a minute. Is that what you really want Roz you want to end this 4 year relationship over some little miscommunication. Miscommunication Dallas you have a baby! Not conversation of a baby. An actual living breathing human being. Something that I so desperately wanted you have with someone else. Roz. No Dallas I can't and won't take the heart ache anymore so if you aren't going to give me 100% its time for you to go.

I am sorry Rozonda he said kissing my forehead before leaving my condo. You can do this Ro I said looking around the condo. I went through the whole condo and got everything that reminded me of him together and put in a box when my doorbell rang. Who is it? Girl open the door! Lisa I said opening the door. Yeah its me. What you doing here, you don't normally come to my house. I can't come see you she said looking at me. 

Come in! You moving? Nope out with the old. So you finally letting him go? I have to Lisa I can't killing myself trying to hold on to him when he don't even really love me. I know the feeling she said nodding her head. So what's up with you and Andre? Don't know haven't seen him in like 3 weeks. Can't say I am not happy but at the same time I am kind of worried you know he normally checks in.

You go by his house? No I can't do that every time I go to his house he begs me to stay and before you know I'll have sold my house and be back in the same position so it's best if we keep our distance. I understand that. So what are you gonna do with this stuff? Don't know. You could pull an Angela Bassett and burn that shit. LISA! I am joking I don't need to be around no type of matches or lighter fluid I am still on probation as it is. How long is that till? 5 years girl and I am not looking forward to it.

So what do you know about this baby shower that Noelle is throwing for Liv? That its expensive as hell cause she asked me for some money the other day for it. She hit you up for money too! Yeah for catering. She got me for invitations. I wonder what she got Ti for we said laughing.

-Tae-

Come on Olivia you look fine! Why the hell I gotta leave the house in the first place, I look like a damn beached whale? You don't so hurry up before we're late. Late to what my nigga cause I ain't feeling like doing shit today she said coming down the stairs. Aww look at you, she came down in this cute little sun dress. Please don't she said with an attitude. Come on don't have that funky attitude today it's a good day. I guess she said grabbing her wallet. You won't need that I got you today. I never the leave the house without it.

The past few months she's been putting in work, working 3 days a week at this jewelry store and doing extra work so that when she has the baby she won't get behind and she can still walk with her class. I am so proud of her.

Tae! Huh! We going or not she said with her hand on her hip. Yeah we going come on. Soon as we opened the door and who was standing there? Why are you here? I came to talk to Liv he said looking her stomach. Well we're leaving so you'll have to talk to her later. Liv! Tae give me a minute she said looking at him. You got 5 minutes cause we have somewhere to be I said walking past them to the car.

Noelle we're on the way but baby daddy decided to show up at the last minute. I know but what you want me to do shoot him. Noelle! Okay I just hope he don't put her in a bad mood. She's coming to the car now we'll be there in a few.

What did he say? Some crap about wanting to be there for me and baby. But he asked me if it was really his. The hell, it is his baby! Right! Positive I haven't slept with any other guys but him. So you weren't sleeping with that basketball player? No I wasn't we fooled around but I could never bring myself to let him in. So just Malik and Noelle! No Noelle either we haven't had sex in a long time. Don't even worried about him then, you are going to be taken care and so is your baby. I got you little sister. Thanks Tae! No problem baby sister now let's go. Where are we going? It's a secret. Are you gonna kill me and the baby!

Olivia Denise Harris why on earth would I kill you! I don't know you know our family a little bipolar some time. I just shook my head and laughed a little, yeah you right! You talk to Raye lately? She said she was gonna come out here when I have the baby to help for a little bit but she landed a role on some TV show so she wouldn't be able to stay long. I am happy for her. Tae you can't be mad at her forever. I am not mad I am just hurt that she just left and didn't look back. We did well for ourselves, I mean look at you, got a record deal and you one of the biggest female rappers up there with the Queen, Mc Lyte, Monie Love. Oh no girl I am trying to be like them but you know I got a long way to go. Your there trust me I know she said nodding.

And you in 4 month's you'll be walking across that stage and in September you'll be a freshman at Georgia State. I still can't believe I got in I mean my grades weren't that good. Stop doubting yourself you're smart girl and you know that. Sometimes I just think maybe things should be worse for me since I am pregnant. Stop thinking that, yeah you slipped up, but hell everybody does and its what you make of it that matters. If everyone knew this sweet side of you Tae. Hell naw no one needs to know this side I said as we pulled up to the venue.

The Peachtree, Tae this restaurant is expensive as hell. Just come on you're not paying no way she said getting out the car.

-Liv-

Surprise! They all yelled when we walked in. Oh my god! It was a surprise baby shower. I couldn't even say anything all I could do is cry cause I wasn't expecting them to throw me a baby shower, especially with all these people, my family was there too.

Come on baby mama don't cry Noelle said coming up to me. You really did this for me? Why wouldn't I? I told you I am down and I'll help you raise this baby. Thank you I said hugging her. It's nothing now come on you got folks greet who want to touch your stomach. Uh negative no one is touching me. Chill out killer!

An hour later we were deep into the baby shower festivities when I saw someone I wasn't expecting to see. Mama! Olivia! What are you doing here? You thought I'd miss your baby shower? The last time I talk to you, you weren't too happy with me. Well I am not going to lie I am still disappointed in the fact that you are pregnant, but your sister told me that you've been busting your ass in school and got a job so I figured that you were at least trying. I wasn't trying to get pregnant mama, and honestly it was an accident. My baby is not a mistake though. I never said the baby was and I know you'll be a good mother Olivia. Thanks mom I said smiling.

Okay Okay let's get to these gifts. Liv you wanna come up here, Noelle said. Yeah I said taking her hand as she helped me get to the front so I could sit down cause all this standing was not working for me at all. I opened so many gifts that I almost didn't make it through all of them. Thank yall so much for all these gifts and I know my little man will appreciate all the clothes, toys, and diapers that yall gave me. Uh I swear if I don't stop crying its okay they all said laughing.

-Lisa-

I'd been watching her move around the baby shower and she hadn't spoken to me yet but I was about to change that. You looking good I whispered to her. Look but don't touch ain't that what we said. Hey I am not touching nothing I said backing up from her. Where you been Lisa? Around! Where you been Tionne! Around! Look we can't avoid each other forever I mean we still friends right? Of course we're still friends you think just cause we can't be together I don't still love you? I knew you did but it just...it seems since we can't have sex that it isn't real. Shh I said noticing one of the ladies being nosy. Let's go talk outside. Okay she said showing to the outdoor sitting area.

Sex didn't make our relationship Lisa! I know that, but it was a perk. You know what my perk was from it? What! My best friend! I am your best friend? Yeah you are I mean Lisa from the moment I met you there was this spark between us. I knew there was something special about you. Ironically I felt the same way about you too. The night of that audition I wasn't gonna go because I wasn't feeling being in a girl group, but something told me go and see what happens. You're kidding me right, I was leaving when I bumped into you at that audition. We must have something deeper that keeps us connected. We definitely do. So how do we make this work cause I don't want to lose you. We've done it before; remember before we started having sex. Yeah but we use to flirt like hell though. Nothing wrong with a little innocent flirting, right?

You're too much Lisa she said nudging me. I think us being friends could work as long as you promise me one thing. And what's that? I looked at her and then her lips. That every now and then we can...we can what Lisa? We can still go to Waffle house at 4 in the morning and talk. Waffle house Lisa! I am joking promise me that we'll always make time for each other no matter what guy is in the picture that you and I are still the priority. She looked around and then leaned into me and whispered in my ear. Lisa Nicole Lopes you will always be one of my priorities she said kissing my cheek. You mean that. Always she said giving me her pinky. What are we 5? You gon leave me hanging? Nope I said grabbing her pinky with mine we both kissed them.

Aww aren't yall cute Tae said coming outside. Whatever Tae aren't you supposed to be inside? Nope I am hiding so Noelle don't put me on clean up duty. Ooo well you should leave then cause she already said that everybody was cleaning she wasn't getting stuck doing it. How she pull this off I mean this baby shower was pretty much perfect. Yall met my sister when she sets he mind to it she does it. True! You know she asked Liv to marry her right?. Ti started chocking. She did what? She did when she found out she was pregnant she asked her to marry her said she'd help her raise the baby.

Oh I know she's lost her mind now. I think it's kind of sweet I mean she really cares about Liv. Enough to marry her Lisa I mean damn she ain't even gay. Neither or we but if I needed you too wouldn't you marry me? She didn't answer the question she just smirked. Yall on that bs, knowing damn well yall still love each other. It's never been about love though Tae cause we both know we love each other. I'ts like you and Ro. We're just...Yeah yeah you're just friends! Friends don't make love to each other nor do they go with someone to have a procedure. That's more than friendship that's your damn ride or die! So Tionne's your ride or die Tae said looking at me.

Till the day we die! Same goes for me too Ti said laughing.

2 weeks later.... 2 am

-Noelle-

Hello! Noe...Noelle I need you. Liv! Yes I think I am in labor. What I said sitting up! Where is Tae? She's in the studio. Noelle there's water everywhere please come and help me. I am on the way I said jumping up out the bed. I don't even remember getting in the car all I knew was that I had to get to her and make sure she was okay. I got to her house in 5 minutes flat and unlocked the door with the spare key. Liv!

Ahhh Noelle I heard her say from the living room. Oh my god come on I got you I said helping her up. Liv your water broke! He's too early Noelle I still have another month to go. Don't worry we just gotta get you to the hospital right now. I managed to get her in the car and to the hospital. Everything was going in a blur once I got her to the hospital they immediately took her to the back to start prepping her.

Noelle! Ti what are you doing here? Mama called when she heard you leave the house. She's in labor Ti. Okay well what are you doing out here. I...ma'am are you Noelle? Yes I am. She's asking for you. Go Noelle Ti said pushing me in the direction of the room. I went to the room and Liv looked scare out of her mind. Come on get it together Noelle I thought to myself. Liv I am here I said grabbing her hand. Wrong decision cause she squeezed the hell out of it. Noelle as long as I live I am never letting another nigga touch me again. Liv! Never Noelle this shit hurts! I so badly wanted to laugh but I couldn't cause she was still squeezing my hand I didn't want her to knock the hell out of me.

Come on Ms. Harris another one is coming. 45 minutes later she was holding one the cutest babies I'd ever seen in my life. He's so beautiful Liv. I can't believe I did it I had a baby. You did Liv and girl you are my freaking hero cause I don't know if I could do that. The shit hurt Noelle I am not even lying.

Knock Knock come in!

Hey Ti said walking into the room with Tae behind her. Liv! Hey Tae! Oh my god girl you scared the hell out of me. I didn't know what to do, I paged you and you didn't respond so I called Noelle. I didn't even hear the pager till Lisa busted into the studio like "what the hell is wrong with you!". How did Lisa find out? I called her Ti said standing at the end of the bed. They exchanged a look, it was weird because it was almost like a spark flew between them but then dissipated. Thanks Tionne! No problem, so who do we have here? This is Jacob Travon Harris. Travon! I like it and when he's older we can him JT. You didn't want to name him after Malik, Tae said. Now why the hell would I do that? Never mind pretend I didn't ask.

I spent the next few hours with Liv until Ti made me go home. I am serious Noelle go home and go to sleep. But...don't but me go! Fine I said rolling my eyes. I hope they get stuck in your head too. Come on Noelle you can come with me Lisa said laughing. Lili I am so tired. I know you are that's why I am going to drive you home so you can sleep. But what about school! You can go tomorrow, but right now it's sleepy time. Okay I said as we walked to the car. I wasn't in the car 5 minutes before I knocked the hell out. I don't even remember getting in the house. I could hear Lisa laugh a little bit.

Love you Lili! Love you too Noelle she said tucking me into the bed. And then she did something that I only imagined in my dreams. She gently kissed my lips. I didn't want to make it awkward so I pretended to be asleep. Once she was out the room I touched my lips and smiled before falling into a deep sleep.     

*********************************************************************************************

Okay there was so much going on in this update I don't even know where to start! Lets start with the obvious, Lisa grayed that area between her and Noelle. But they never acted on it. And what was that between Tionne and Liv?  Oh Tionne was who she went to after Malik basically dismissed here. 

And lets give a round of applause for Rozonda for kicking Dallas ass to the damn curb!!!

Alright yall sound off on the rest of the chapter. 

Comment and Vote!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 505 45
From the very beginning he had me, his smile, his charm, and his wit has encapsulated me into the world I now know as Jamal Myles. I am not your aver...
105K 3K 30
Completed book Thank you all for the support and positive comments! ❤ ~ In a flash of a second the stranger, who offered me these roses, shot throug...
5.4K 264 62
Breathe To live, exist, express, manifest, infuse, transform, inject, Recover.... Recover...4 years ago I couldn't imagine recovering from the hell J...
424K 7K 55
When a little girl grew up without a family, she doesn't quite see the world like we do. She learns to appreciate the things around her. Growing up t...