~Their Eyes were watching....~

-Helen-

Mama what do you think of this dress she said coming out in this skin tight dark green dress. Ugh no! Mama why not? 1 its way to tight I mean can you even breath in it? And 2, Noelle its forest green you looking like a tree, it's hideous. She looked down at the dress before laughing, you're right it is hideous. 

I am glad you asked me to come dress shopping with you, even if I am standing in for your sisters. Not true mama you are not a stand in, I would have asked you even if they weren't busy. I unlike other people actually like spending time with you. And what's that supposed to mean? Most teenage girls don't like hanging with their moms but I do. Are you trying to butter me up to get something Noelle? No I am not that's why I have Tionne and Lisa she said laughing. Those girls aren't going to spoil you like that forever you know that right. Who says, did they say something I don't know about? Noelle! I am joking mama I know that and I don't always ask them for stuff I do work remember. That's true you are a good child.

So what do you think about this one she said coming out in this pure white dress. Really white, what if Aunt flo comes. No I'll be done by then. But you never know and that would be so embarrassing if you are wearing that all white dress and then you get it messed up. I don't know then mama that's like 10 dresses and none of them work!

Excuse me the lady said interrupting Noelle. You didn't like any of those dresses? None of them worked for me. That's a shame you are such a beautiful girl. I think I may have one that would look perfect on you the lady said holding a black garment bag. Can I try it on she said looking at me. Go for it! I'll be out here waiting to see the results. 

Mama! Yeah I said looking at a row of other dresses. When I looked up she had on this beautiful Champagne colored floor length halter top dress. It had opalescent bead working on the top and it fit her body perfectly. I was literally at a loss for words because she looked so beautiful in it. What do you think? I was just mesmerized by the dress that I couldn't answer her. Mama she said walking towards me. You look beautiful Noelle. You like it? Yeah it's gorgeous. And you could wear your hair up to show off your neck. This is the dress mama she said smiling. You sure! Positive all I need now is shoes and the accessories.

She made an excellent choice. I know that dress is to die for. It should be it's a replica of the dress that Selena wore to the 1994 Grammys. Selena? Selena Quintanilla Perez Queen of Tejano music! I still looked at her like am I supposed to know who she is. Come let me show you she said taking me to the front to show me a picture. This is the original, my cousin designed and made it for her, and the one your daughter is getting is a replica of it. Oh wow she really won a Grammy? Yup she did, sad that she died the next year though. She died! More like she was murdered but you know how that goes. That is so sad, I said shaking my head.

So the total is $495.00! $495.00 I said looking at the lady. Yeah. For this dress? Yup. Ring it up and when she comes out don't tell her how much it costs. Okay. Noelle maybe spoiled but she frugal with the money I spend on her so I know she'd contest the price of the dress but I want to make sure my baby has the best day and besides Andre is paying for it anyway.

-Noelle-

Okay how much was it? Don't worry about it baby its taken care of. Mama! Noelle! Excuse me how much was the dress? 

No habla ingles! Oo Yo hablo espanol, Cuanto Cuesta el Vestido? 

The lady looked at me and then back at mama before smiling. Don't worry your mother got a good deal on it she said winking before she walked away. Mama please tell me you didn't spend a lot of money on this dress? Chill out Noelle its fine I budgeted for it. Now to get your shoes and accessories to go with the dress and you'll be all prepared for Saturday night.