-TKO-

-Helen-

You have a call at the front desk. A call from who? Uh I think they said Crestview elementary. Oh no did something happen to Noelle? Hello this Helen. Hi Ms. Watkins this is the principal here at Crestview we are just informing you that your daughter was involved in a fight earlier today. A fight! Yes ma'am. Was she hurt or anything? She hit her head on the desk the school nurse is treating her injury now. Oh my god I am on my way right now. Can you cover for me my daughter was hurt. No problem girl just keep us updated. I will I said grabbing my purse and jacket.

I pulled up to Noelle's school and went in. Excuse me I am looking for the nurses' office. It's right down that hall the school secretary said pointing me in the direction of the nurses' office. Noelle I said walking into the office. Mama! Oh my god looking at your face baby. It hurts she said pouting a little. Can I take my daughter home? Yeah she's clear, it's just bruising but you will need to watch her if she goes to sleep, she hit her head kind of hard.

What happened Noelle? Those girls kept being mean to me mama and I tried to fight back but they were bigger. What girls you never told me anyone was picking on you. They're 5 graders. Names Noelle! Farrah, Audrey, and Keah they've been picking on me for the last few months. Come on baby let's get you home. Will you let the principal know that I will be back to speak with him and the mothers of those girls as well. Yes ma'am I will.

Hey Ti I said as we walked through the door. Hey mama what you doing home in the middle of the...what happened to her face? She got into a fight at school. Thats not no fight they beat the hell out of her mama. Tionne! I am sorry but look at her face she has bruises and a giant cut on her forehead. I know Tionne. Are you working today? No I have the day off you want me to stay with her? Yeah I had to leave but I need to get back I can't afford to be short on this check especially with the holidays coming up. Yeah I can watch her. Thanks baby.

Just watch her closely if she goes to sleep she hit her head on the desk kind of hard. I will just go on. I'll be back later okay baby girl I said kissing Noelle's forehead. Bye mama!

-Tionne-

Noe what happened. I don't wanna talk about it Ti she said laying on the couch. Are people messing with you at school? She didn't say anything she just laid there with her eyes closed. I'll leave you alone for now but you're gonna have to talk to me sooner or later. She laid there for a little bit for speaking again. My head hurts! I'll make you a sandwich and give you some medicine okay. I went and made her the sandwich and got her some Tylenol. Here you go. Thank you! Mhm I said watching her eat. Once she finished eating she laid back on the couch. You wanna talk now? Why does every one think I think I am better than they are? What do you mean? Farrah and them were picking on me cause I have long hair and light skin, but that's not my fault.

I understand how you feel. What she said looking at me with a scrunched up face. I understand how you feel I used to get picked on too. Really you, I mean no offense but you're kinda mean. I am only that way cause I had to build up a defense towards people, especially girls. Girls are so...ugh I mean they always complaining about something. Yeah but you do realize you are one right I said laughing. I know I am a girl but I don't complain nearly as much as most of those girls do.

So what did they do to you today? The same ole stuff I was sitting in class talking to my friend Morgan, you know she's like me we don't really fit in with the black girls cause we're not dark enough, but we're too dark for the white girls. But the Spanish girls like us cause we fit right in with their skin tone. Anyway we were talking about who better boy band was New Kids or New Edition. I was telling Morgan that New Edition was more of a guy group rather than a band. Any way Audrey comes over and is like it figures you Muts are talking about the white group don't yall know any black groups. Morgan and I both looked at her like she was stupid because had she come over like 2.5 seconds earlier she would have heard us talking about New Edition, Guy, and Keith Sweat all of which are Black.