Dolls

-Noelle-

Now Tionne I am going to be gone for two nights are you sure you can handle both of them? Mama I got them now go and we'll see you in a couple of days. Okay I left yall some money for food and if you need anything your Uncle Tony is 10 minutes away. Mama she's got it I said looking up from my book. See mama even Noelle knows I got it. Alright you got it Kayo should be back in a few hours and yall know the curfew, and please don't have Noelle...Mama I got it I know how to take care of them. Fine I am going she said grabbing her bag. I'll be back and don't mess up my house either. We won't Ti and I said as she left.

So Titi what are we doing while mama is gone? I don't know what you wanna do baby girl? Um let's go to the movies? The movies, what you trying to see at the movies? I wanna see a scary movie. Scary movies; now you know mama don't let you watch scary movies. I know but mama not here and I know you like scary movies to I said nudging her. Hmm... I don't know Noelle cause I'll be damned if you have bad dreams and be trying to sleep with me. I promise I won't Ti, I'll be okay. You promise! Promise Titi! Alright let's see what's playing and when's it showing she said pulling out the newspaper for the movie times. She started looking through the movies naw that's way too scary mama will kill me if I take you to see that. What about Dolls that shouldn't be that scary hell it's a movie about dolls. The next show time in 30 minutes come on if we are gonna make it there in time.

We made it to the movie theater within 10 minutes. Can we get 2 tickets for Dolls? The movie attendant looked at me and then looked at Ti. Is that your daughter? Is that your business Ti snapped back her. You aint gotta get smart she said snatching the money from her. Cover your ears Noelle. I know when Ti says that she's about to go off on somebody. I covered them but not enough to where I couldn't hear what she was saying. Listen here you bald headed bitch don't worry about that being my daughter or not you just worry about giving me the correct damn ticket and change back. And don't ever in yo life snatch money out of my hand. The girl just looked at her and slid the tickets and change back under the window to her. Now anything else you got to say? The girl sucked her teeth. Didn't think so, Come on Noe.

Titi you are something else I said laughing as we went into the movie theater. What that was disrespectful she didn't have to snatch the money from me. Snacks I said running to the concession stand. Alright Noelle now the agreement is I bring you to the movies and you remember that they are just movies and its not real. I know Titi no bad dreams. Okay remember that. I will! And don't tell mama I brought you to see a scary movie. I won't promise now come on. Can I get some snacks? Yeah what you want? Popcorn, M&M's, a pickle, and...hold up you not getting all of that. You're not getting sick either this weekend. Two things only! Okay popcorn and a drink. Alright tell the guy what you want.

He was too busy licking his lips at her. Eww why you looking at my sister like that? Oh ughh he started stuttering. Ti chuckled shh Noe let me handle this. Somehow I walked away with a large bag of popcorn, M&M's, a pickle, a drink and Ti didn't pay for none of it. How you do that? What? Get all of this stuff and didn't have to pay for it? I'll explain it to you when you are 16.

2 hours later we came out the movie theater. You okay Noe? Yeah I am okay I said as we drove home. That was the most terrifying movie I'd ever seen in my whole life. But I wasn't gonna tell Ti that cause I promised her that I wouldn't be afraid. Hit the shower kid and then we can watch some TV. Okay I said going into our room. I walked into the room slowly looking at the dolls that I had on my bed. All I could think about was that they were gonna grab me and drag me to hell. I quickly grabbed my night clothes and ran to the bathroom and locked the door. It was just a movie! It was a just a movie I kept repeating to myself as I bathed.