-Decisions-

-Helen-

I've spent the last two months searching for these kids and I am no closer than when I first started. Any word Ava said sitting at the table. Nothing I've tried to locate the case worker but they said she left in January switched jobs and this new case worker hasn't even been to check on these kids so don't know if they are even still in Georgia. Well you know Sandra use to work in CPS maybe she can help you out. Sandra who? Girl Sandra you know the one from church that sang a little too loud in the choir. Oh yeah Sandra I haven't seen her in a while though. Well she left CPS to go back to school, but you know what I got her phone number right here. I watched as she called Sandra and asked her to come over to the house to see if she can help us find the kids.

20 minutes later she knocked on the door. Hey Sandra! Hey Helen girl how you been she said coming into the house? I've been better just a little stressed out. What's going on girl? You want something to drink water, tea or anything. Water is fine. Thank you, so why you stressed girl that's not like you. My little sister's kids I can't find them, I've been looking for them and I haven't been able to find them. Are they in the foster care system? From what Candace says they are but she lost track of them at the 4th foster home and the case worker she knew about isn't there isn't there anymore. Candace...Candace Young! Yeah that's my little sister. Wait those are your sister's kids? You know where my sister's kids are! Yeah I do that was my last case before I left to go back to school. Oh my god I said shaking my head. Helen you...she said shaking her head. What is it bad? Yeah it is. How I came to find out about the kids is the foster mother called and said that we needed to come remove the little girl. She said she wasn't safe and that she thought the brother was messing with her. Messing with her how? You know she said giving me the look. Oh no you mean. Yeah! Was he Ava said looking at her with a concerned look? Let's just say that 8 year old little girl has had more experience than most 20 something year old women have.

Andre Jr raped her I said with a pained look. Yeah he did, the foster mother sensed something was going on and had him sent to juvie he'll be there till he is 18 and then if he's lucky he won't be charged as an adult for it. Noelle where is she? I placed her with this nice family over in Druid Hills, before I left I checked on her and she was adjusting well. I need their names. Helen you know I can't...Sandra please I just want to get my sisters daughter. What about Andre Jr.? I wanna see if he's okay too but if he raped Noelle I can't have that in my house. I'll make a call and see if she's still there. I recommended after them that they not move her unless it was to a family member. Well I want her I don't care what problems she has I am not letting my sisters child be in foster care as long as she has family. And trust us she's got a lot of family Ava said agreeing with me.

A few days later Sandra called me back with the news I needed the name of the family and their address. She was able to pull some strings and get me the information as well facilitate initial contact. Which is what I am doing tonight.

Tionne! Yeah mama! I am going to run an errand you make sure your brother don't get into nothing. Mama he's 14 don't you think he's too old for a babysitter? He would be if he ain't try to burn my house down the last time I left him here alone. She sucked her teeth. I know you did not just suck your teeth at me did you? No ma'am! I didn't think so, I'll be back in a few hours' tops and no boys Tionne if I find out there was a boy in this house I am a blow him away and you. Mama why you tripping you know I wouldn't bring no boys in the house. Mhm better not I said grabbing my purse to leave.

Helen! Yeah are you Gladys? I am um please have a seat I said motioning for her to sit down. You look so familiar. You do to, have we run across each other somewhere before? I don't know you, do you go to Evelyn's shop on 10th street? Nope I got to Terri over in Spring Brook. What church do you go to? My family and I just started going to St. James Missionary a little while ago. That's where I've seen you before yall are the family that started coming. Yep we really like it there too. Our foster daughter Noelle she loves it, that's all she talks about during the week. "Mrs. Glady's when are we going back to church! Mrs. Glady's I love Sunday school and my teacher!" She's really a sweet little girl. Yeah she is, initially I was on the fence about taking in a child with her background but when you look into her little face how can you not love her she said smiling. I uh asked you hear today to talk about Noelle.