The Rose that Grew from Concr...

By XstaceyJones

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Characters
Empty Prayers
Close my Eyes
Forgiveness
-Decisions-
Sister Sister
-New Beginning-
-Mixed Emotions-
-Writings on the wall-
Dolls
-TKO-
Wish
Letting Go
Silent Night
-Situations: Midnight Run-
-Situations: Two Face-
Situations: Beauty School Drop In
-Friday Night Lights-
Opportunity Calls
The Caged Bird
Moving too fast
-Questions-
-Birds, Bees, and Bitches-
~Opportunity Calls pt. 2~
~When Doves Cry~
~Hard to Get~
~Inspector Gadget~
~Thick and Thin~
~First Class Trip~
~Girl Meets world~
~Get-a-way~
~Just Kickin it~
~Girl meets world pt.2~
~Friend with Benefits~
~Playing with Fire~
~Never Lie~
~Game Proof~
~Vibrations~
~Sweet 16~
~Get Around~
~Two Wrongs~
~H.A.T.E.U~
~Talkin about~
~OPP~
~Woman to Woman~
~H.A.Z.E~
~Happily ever after...not~
~Thoughts~
~Their Eyes were watching....~
~Noelle's Joint~
~So Gone~
~So Gone pt. 2~
~Runaway Love~
~Unfoolish~
~Ultimate Relationship~
~Best of Me~
~Woman to Woman pt.2~
~Fireworks~
~Fireworks pt.2~

~Escapades~

112 5 18
By XstaceyJones

-Liv-

Hi Ms. Helen! Hello Ms. Olivia she said smiling as she moved to let me in the house. What are you doing here so early? I just heard some news that I have go to tell Noelle. At 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday? Yes ma'am. Okay but if she yells at you don't say I didn't warn you. I know I said walking quickly past her to Noelle and Ti's room. Noelle get yo ass up I said shaking her awake. Olivia get the hell out of my room she said covering her face with the pillow. Get up I got stuff to tell you.

Do I smell Bacon? What? Do I smell Bacon? No! Then your ass is here to damn early. Okay fine don't get up, but when Ty gives that extra ticket to the Janet World Tour to nappy head Ashley Jackson. Where and when did he get tickets to the Janet concert she said sitting up and looking me dead in the eye? You know his brother is a DJ, he got comp tickets second row with VIP backstage passes. Oh my god I need to be at that concert. Who you telling. So how are we gonna get to this concert with Ti and Brat busy all the time? Okay Okay let me think about this she said pacing the room.

So what are talking 2 to 3 hours at the concert? We will need at least 4 Noelle its Janet freaking Jackson we are talking about. So lets just ask my mom if she will take us? Take us Noelle we are 14 and in high school now, we gotta be able to go on our own to this. Liv 14 or not she is not gonna let me go to a crowded concert with a boy! Not happening! Ugh fine we will ask her but we need a backup plan for when she says no cause I am not missing this concert you hear me. She rolled her eyes and smacked her teeth as we walked out the room.

Who did you even get to bring you over here cause I know Tae aint even up this early? Well if you must know Tae's boyfriend brought me over. She knitted her eyebrows together and looked at me confused. Boyfriend as in a male. Yes a Male, duh Noelle don't be slow. It's the same one I've been telling you about for the last 4 months. Dang she got him staying at the house? Who's staying at the house Ms. Helen said as we went into the kitchen. No one mama, I need a favor. A favor she said over her coffee. Yes a favor. And what would that be? Well there is this concert coming to town next week and if you let me go I promise I won't ask for anything else this year. That's not a favor Noelle, and no we have plans next weekend to go and see your Aunt and Uncle. Next weekend, why can't we go this weekend? Because they are out of town. Besides who is performing anyway?

-Noelle-

Janet Freaking Jackson mama! Who? Oh my god please tell me she's playing right Liv said. Mama Janet, you know Michael, Tito, Jermaine,and em little sister. Ms. Jackson if you Nasty! One of my favorite singers in the whole world. I thought you liked Whitney? I do but Janet is my idol! Now you know we don't idolize nothing in this house. Really mama like you don't have every single album Marvin Gaye and recorded. That's different that's Marvin he's true talent. So is Janet, she is my Queen. Well sorry, but I already told your uncle we were coming. Mama they see me all the time I am sure they won't mind me skipping it this time. Answers still no Noelle. Liv shook her head as we walked out the kitchen. So what now Noelle? We are going to this concert just let me get my mind around how we are gonna get there. If you say so.

3 days later....

It's been 3 days and I still haven't figured out a way for us to get to this concert. I need to be at this concert.

What up squirt Kayo said interrupting my thoughts. Hey K, what you doing this weekend? Work and then Nicole and I are going to the movies. Oh okay! Why what you trying to do he said with a smirk? Nothing, why you're smirking like that? Cause I know when you up to something. Yeah right I am not up to anything. Oh really...Ti! Ti! Shh shhh she's sleeping you wake her up it's yo butt not mine. So spill it what you trying to do? The Queen Janet is performing here Friday and Saturday night, I need to be there Kayo. No way Ms. Janet if you nasty is gonna be in town this weekend? Yes she is and Ty has really really good tickets with VIP backstage passes. So what's the problem? Mama told Uncle Tony we would go down to Savannah with him Aunt Monica this weekend to house hunt. Oh damn. Did you tell her Ty got you a ticket? No mama doesn't quite know that Ty and I are working towards a relationship. You aint tell her. Really Kayo, I get the talk enough from Tionne I don't need it from mama too. You right, well maybe Janet will come back later in the year and you can see her then. Kayo I need to see her now this time not next time. Okay don't flip out on me, it was just a suggestion he said leaving the room.

I thought for a minute, boom I got it I said smiling to myself.

Friday Morning...

-Helen-

Noelle time to get up I said walking into her room. No mama don't come in. Why not? Cause I am sick and I don't want you to get sick as well. What you're sick well I need to make sure you are okay. Mama...I am sick. You said that already, now what's really wrong with you. I have Ebola! The devil is a damn lie I said to her It's true mama I am dying. Girl if you don't get your ass out this bed and get ready so we can go. Mama! Now Noelle and I am not playing. Ughhhh she said throwing her blanket off of her. That's what I thought!

She think I don't know that she plotting to get to this Janet concert. I know and I am wondering how far she'll go to get there though. She still upset Kayo said sitting at the table? Yeah she just told me she had Ebola. What! Yeah she said she was dying like I was gonna believe that. You gotta admit she is clever. Yeah she is I said shaking my head. So are you sure you and Nicole are gonna watch her if I leave her here? Yeah ma we are don't worry nothing will happen. Yeah after what happened with that nigga I just don't really trust leaving her here. She's fine ma okay so don't worry. How are they getting there? Ty's brother told me they got a limo and that he will be there with them the whole time. Alright.

She walked into the room with this mean look on her face. Hey Noelle, Kayo said. Yeah whatever she said sitting at the table. Whoa kill that attitude little girl or I'll be all over that ass you hear me. Yes ma'am she said looking down at the table. So listen I talked to Uncle Tony he is sick and....Oh my god so we aren't going she said jumping up. Ugh sorry I mean is he okay? He's fine but I am still gonna go house hunting with Aunt Monica. Oh so we leaving when I get out of school? Yes ma'am so don't be late we are leaving at 4 pm sharp. I'll see yall later she said leaving the kitchen. We heard the door shut that signaled that she was gone.

She didn't even catch it. I know. I am leaving at 12 so Monica and I can grab lunch be here at 4 pm Kayo I am not playing. I know mama I know! Now let me go wake up your other sister before she sleep her life away.

-Noelle-

So you still going to Savannah? Unfortunately yeah I don't know what to do Liv I mean seriously. You told Ty you were going tonight. Yeah you think I am missing this hell no. Hey Beautiful you ready for tonight Ty said kissing me on the cheek. Yeah so what time you want us to be ready? Limo will be at my house by 6:30. Okay I'll be there I said smiling. Good wear something that shows that body to. Boy bye! Bye he said winking at me again before going to his class. Liv just shook her head as we walked to class.

The school day went on and before I knew it was last period. I still hadn't figured out how to get out of this trip but something had to give. So girl you better take tons of pictures tonight at the concert. You know I am, she's my idol. Ms. Watkins please stop talking, Ms. Binnicker said interrupting our conversation. I looked at Kimbra and rolled my eyes and started working on my assignment till my pen went out. Kim you got another pen? Ms. Watkins that's detention! Ms. Binnicker I was just asking for a pen because mine went out. Do you want to add another day? Man she trippin I mumbled under my breath. Principles office now Ms.Watkins! But...go you will not disrupt my class like that. Kimbra and I looked at each other like what the hell. I grabbed my stuff and went to the principal's office like she said to.

And what do I owe the pleasure Ms. Kathy said as I walked into the office? Ms. Binnicker is tripping I just asked Kimbra to borrow a pen because mine went out and she told me to go to the principal's office. Go sit in the conference room till the bell rings and then we will go and talk to her after school. Okay I said going to the conference room and took out my journal and started writing. Ever since the day with the girls I've been writing like crazy, mostly spiritual poetry but it's something that I want to share with them when they finally get a day off. I lost track of time and before I knew it the bell had rang and Ms. Kathy was calling me.

Come on Ms. Watkins. We walked back to the class room and the devil herself was sitting at her desk. Oh hello Ms. Kathy! Ms. Binnicker, why was she sent to the office earlier? She looked at me and then turned up her nose and proceed to lie straight through damn crooked teeth. Well Ms. Kathy I had to tell her to be quiet over 50 times and she told me to shut the hell up? I just stood there dumbfounded like no she didn't just tell that bold face ass lie. Ms. Watkins! No ma'am I promise you on my mama I never said that. And she told me once to be quite in which I did until my pen went out and I asked Kimbra if she had one I could borrow. You are a liar! Ms. Binnicker I suggest that you lower your voice and remember that she is a child. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

For some reason she does not like me, she act like I stole her man or something. Noelle you are free to go. Wait she has detention. How long? She smirked at me an hour. An Hour! Ms. Kathy I can't really I am supposed to be a home by 4 because my mom and I are going out of town. Sorry for you the she devil said. 30 minutes is fine go ahead and serve your time she said pointing to the desk. Can I do it in the office or the library? You should be okay for 30 mins and when your time is up you can go she said before walking out of the class. For 30 minutes she sat there smirking at me while started at the chalk board. As soon as my time was up I darted out of that class room it was already well after 4 and I knew mama was gonna be pissed off.

Where they hell you been? Stupid bitch ass Ms. Binnicker gave me detention I said to Liv as we feverishly walked to my house. Mama is gonna be so pissed at me if I make her get stuck in traffic. Girl I am gone pray for you she said as we approached the house. Mama's car was nowhere in sight. Shit she probably went to the school looking for me. Damn girl she gon tear that ass up for real. Extra commentary is not need right now Olivia I said as we slowly crept into the house. The whole house was quite.

Mama! Mama!

I went to her room and her bed was made and everything. Liv I think she left without me! What you mean? Her room is empty and clean and bag from this morning is gone. Maybe she went to the school to get you, is your bag gone? I ran to my room to see that my bag was gone as well. I think she did. Damn girl. No Janet for me I said plopping down on the couch. It was 5:15 and she still wasn't home yet. Noe if we are gonna be at Ty's by 6:30 we need to get ready. I can't just leave and she's not back yet. Look get ready and if she's not here by the time that we are ready to go we will leave her a note. Okay I said after a minute of thinking.

6:15 and we were both ready and mama still wasn't back yet. I am gonna write her a note and tell her that Tae picked us up but got a flat and it took a while to fix it. Really Tae getting a flat? It's something I said quickly jotting down the note on the paper. And laying it on the coffee table so she could see it when she came in.

Let's go see Ms. Janet if you Nasty I said as we walked out the door. I made sure to lock up and grab the spare pager that Ti got me just in case of emergencies.

-Liv-

We got to Ty's house just as the limo pulled up? Yall made it! Of course Noelle said hugging him. Let's roll out Chris's brother said as we all got into the limo.

How are you sweetness! Nigga please I said mushing Malik in the head. What you are sweet. For real you need to stop saying that out loud, I got my ass beat for that little stunt. She sure did Noelle said from the other side of the Limo. You hush up no one is talking to you. She flicked me off and went back to talking to Ty. Chris brought his girlfriend Chante in the limo so it was more of a controlled setting.

Ait keep your hands where we can see them she said to Ty when he tried to put his hand up Noelle's shirt. I ain't getting my ass beat cause she wanna be fast she said, to Chris who was laughing. Who gon beat yo ass? You know who her sister is, I once saw her break a bitch finger cause she kept putting it her face. You know what she said after that. No what he said stilling laughing. In perfect unison we all said "I told you to keep your fucking finger out my face bitch!" Echo much the guys said.

Hey you don't mess with Tionne! Speaking of scoot over a little bit cause I don't want my ass getting beat either Noelle said. You serious! As a heart attack, and you know she'll be yo ass to. Yeah you right he said scooting over a little. I looked over and Malik had scooted over a little as well. Why you scoot over? Cause yo sister got a gun, I ain't tryna die. The whole limo erupted in laughter after that.

Okay here are yall's passes and wrist bands once we get back here it's gonna be hectic so make sure you 4 stay together. Wait where are you going? I gotta do a few things so ya'll will be on your own until a little bit before the concert ends. If you need anything Ty hit me up on my two-way. Oh and be back at the limo by 11 okay! Okay we all said. Cool ya'll have fun then, come on Chante he said as they walked off.

Damn we good till 11, Malik said as we went to the line to go backstage. Yup! Can I help you the guard said stopping us. Yeah we have VIP Backstage passes. He looked at us and then the passes. Oh yall with the radio station. Yeah! Alright gift bags on the table and buffet 3 doors down. Buffet, we all said! Yeah VIP gets access to the food area and there are gift bags as well. Hell yeah Noelle and I said walking towards the buffet area.

Girl I cannot believe we are back here eating and rubbing elbows with Janet's dancers. Me either! I wanna know what's in this gift bag. Me too she said as we looked through the bags. Yall ready to meet Janet, Ty said interrupting us? Yeah come on lets go we said heading to her dressing room.

Aww Hi guys! She said to us as we walked into her room. Hey I said giving her a hug before hearing this loud thud. What the hell. Oh my god I said covering my face. I kid you not Noelle fainted. And not a graceful faint either. She fell flat out. Do we need smelling salt or something, Janet said concerned. No I got this, hold on a minute I went over to her and picked her head up and slapped the black out of her.

The hell is wrong with you she said gasping. See she's fine now I said getting up and going back to talk to Janet who was now laughing at how I smacked her. Don't be nervous I've had folks faint before she said rubbing Noelle's back. I can't believe I did that, like you'd think I would be totally okay with famous people. My sister is famous for heaven's sake. Sister! Yeah T-boz! Whoa you are Tboz's little sister? Yup that's my sister. Well damn it's nice to meet the little sister she is always talking about. Come again! I meet her last year at the Soul Train awards and she was telling me all about how her sister is like my biggest fan ever. Never thought I'd meet her though. Wow didn't know she talked about me like that. Well she does she said laughing.

We did the meet and greet thing, took pictures, had her sign pretty much every single thing in that gift bag. Ok guys see you in a few she said as we left and went into the arena. When I say it was packed it was freaking packed like from wall to wall. Yall lets hold hands so we don't get separated. Okay we said grabbing the guys hands as they led us to the area where our seats where.

-Kayo-

Does Noelle know that we are here spying on her? We aren't spying we are just making sure that she don't do no crazy shit and that she get home safely. Why didn't your mom just tell her that she could go, Nicole said laughing? I don't know mama be weird some time. Oh look there she is right there in the second row. Oh look at Ms. Noelle she look cute. She look aight I just know he better keep his hands above the waist. Oh hush like you kept your hands above the waist when you were his age. That's me and not him, and she is my little sister so there is a difference. Okay Mr. Double standard!

Tony Toni Tone came out first to perform and I thought Nicole was gonna lose her shit. She was dancing like she hadn't danced in years to "Feels good". You having a good time? Dance she mouthed to me as she continued to dance. 3 songs later we were slowly dancing to lay your head on my pillow. Coincidently, so was Noelle. I tensed up a little bit and Nicole looked at the way he was holding her. The same way I was. Don't be over protective she's fine she hasn't done anything wrong.

The first intermission came 4 songs later. You want anything? Naw I am cool. Wait, where is she going I said watching them walk away from the seats. Chill she's probably going to the bathroom. Don't you have to go to the bathroom? No! You sure. You wanna talk to my bladder and see. Smart ass! You started it, she said laughing. Lighten up, the guys stayed so you know they are fine. Yeah you right. You think I should go talk to them? Nope she's on a date so leave her be. If Ti heard you say that she'd spaz, Noelle is only allowed group outings. Yall gotta let her grow up sometime.

-Noelle-

Girl! Girl! I can't believe we are at this concert. I know its crazy. So I saw you and Mr. Malik getting cozy. No ma'am we are not. You're not, I do believe he was holding you and kissing your neck during "It never rains in Southern California". And I do believe Ty stuck his whole tongue in your mouth during the same song. Hush I said shushing her. Go pee so we can get back out there. Don't you have to pee too? Yeah I am going too but hurry up. Uhh excuse you I was next some girl said to me. No you clearly saw me in line. No you cut! Listen I was here in line in front of you if you weren't paying attention that's your damn fault. She gave me this mean look. Bitch she said! What you say to me. I didn't stutter. Noelle chill don't do nothing. Yeah you right. Go ahead I'll wait for you she said pushing me towards the stall. I went in and not soon as I closed the door I heard all this commotion. I quickly peed and come out to Liv standing over the girl and she was crying.

And don't you ever call her Bitch again, got it! Go on I said to Liv and she went into the stall. I looked at the girls friends who were just standing looking around like they didn't know her. A few minutes later Liv came back out and we went back to our seats. What took yall so long, Malik said. Regulating bitches in the bathroom. Noelle what I tell you about that attitude? Why you think it was me? He looked between Liv and I. Cause you the one with the smart mouth. Wow my attitude that bad? You vocalize it to much Liv said laughing. Whatever look they about to start again.

Janet was killing the stage. I'd never screamed and sang so much in my whole life. She was just about to end the show when told the guys to cut the music.

Hey Guys! So I got a special guest here tonight. You could hear the crowd cheering and everything. Quiet down, so my #1 fan is here. Noelle girl where you at, she said looking into the crowd. Noooo!!! Come on don't be shy let the crowd see you. Get up there Liv said pushing me towards the end of the row. She's right here! Oh there she is. Joey get her up here. I can't believe I am on stage with Janet Jackson right now. Say Hi! Hey yall! So since you my #1 fan it's only right that you come up her and sing with me. Sing! Yeah girl sing, I know you can my source tells me that you have a good voice. Of course she told you didn't she? Oh yeah she did. So what song are we singing? That cute little boy over there is that your boyfriend? Something like that I said smiling. So what you know about love?

Like a mouth to the flame burned by the fire. My love is blind can't you see my desire! Alright now!

I can't believe you performed with Janet Jackson tonight! Like oh my god who gets to do that shit? I was still in shock running off adrenaline from the concert. I turned to Ty and gave him the biggest hug. Thank you so much! No problem, anything to put a smile on that face. We pulled up at my house and Kayo's car was there. Damn I am in trouble I said as Ty walked me to the door. Why! Long story. Call me tomorrow I said. For sure. Good night beautiful he said kissing me. Night Ty! Yeah night niggas Liv said. Excuse you! He winked at me before walking back to the limo.

We walked in the house and Kayo and Nicole were on the couch. Hey ya'll. Noelle I thought you were with mama? Ugh see what happened was. And don't lie. Okay honestly Kayo I don't know what happened I got home and she was gone. I mean I was kind of late but still she was gone. That don't seem right but whatever, where were yall tonight? The Janet Jackson concert I mumbled. Huh! We were some friends that's all. Night I said pulling Liv with me towards the room.

Night Noelle Nicole said. Night Nicole! Cause that's the way love goes they said looking at the TV.

*************************************************************************************

Dang why can't I have Noelle's life, smh! Lolol! She at the Janet concert and then she get to perform with her to. Lucky girl!  

Anywho another chapter down in the life of Noelle. 

Comment...Vote.... Add to your library....Recommend to your friends. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.1K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
863 74 34
"Sometimes there are no words, no clever quotes to neatly sum up what's happened. Sometimes you do everything right, everything exactly right, and st...
142 18 16
ROSES ARE NOTHING WITHOUT A FEW THORNS, "let me drink from the waters where the mountains streams flood, let the smell of wild flowers flow free...
71 0 24
This is my love storee that's based on real events and people that occurred in my life. I'm 26 years old now, but I wrote this to show you guys roses...