Temptation 2: Promises

By FAERAlS

Sequel to TEMPTATION (Read that first!) *Completed* 10 years ago, Rowan and Corey's relationship/liv... More

Ch. 1 Wedding Bells?
Ch.2 Honeymoon In The Bahamas
Ch. 3 Pool Trips-- YAY! Peach pie-- NAY!
Ch. 4 Dreams or Reality? Pt. 1/3
Ch. 5 Dreams Or Reality? Pt. 2/3
Ch. 6 Dreams Or Reality? pt. 3/3
Ch. 7 Chilling With My Belly & Sab
Ch. 8 Broadway & Nurseries
Ch. 9 Facetime & Lesbians
A/N WHY DID NO-ONE CORRECT ME?!
Ch. 10 Work From Home
Ch. 11 Babies Shower
Ch. 12 Lil' Mini Munchkins
Ch. 13 Rainbows Are Great...What About The Storm?
Ch. 14 T-Minus 20 Minutes Till' Attached
Ch. 15 All's Fair In Love and War pt. 1/2
Ch. 16 All's Fair in Love & War pt. 2/2
Ch. 17 Churs, #Cowson & NYC
Ch. 18 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 1/3
Ch. 19 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 2/3
Ch. 20 Girl Meets Cowan pt. 3/3
Ch. 21 Death Is In Our Family
Ch. 22 Have A Not-So-Happy Birthday
Ch. 23 Peace is NOT in Our Vocabulary
Ch. 24 The Time She Messed Up
Ch. 25 But You Love Eachother!
Ch. 27 Hate, Jealousy, and YOU WERE RAPED??!
Ch. 28 Christmas Shopping
Ch. 29 The Calm Before The Storm
Ch. 30 The Damn Storm pt. 1/2
Ch. 31 The Damn Storm pt. 2/2
Ch. 30 If You Know
Ch. 31 ParIs pt. 1/5: Happy New Years to Me!
Ch. 32 ParIs pt. 2/5: Expect The Unexpected
Ch. 33 ParIs pt.3/5: The City of Love
Ch. 34 ParIs pt. 4/5: Rough Love
Ch. 35 Paris pt. 5/5: AGAIN?!
OMG
Ch. 36 Trust
Ch. 37 I'M DANGEROUS!
Ch. 38 Too Many Princesses
Ch. 39 She's Still MY Baby
Ch. 40 Miracle Baby pt. 1/2
Ch. 41 Miracle Baby pt. 2/2
Ch. 42 Promotion From Home
Ch. 43 The Premiere of Tired
Ch. 44 Child Stars and Tiny Parties
Ch. 45 Reunions and Romance
Ch. 46 I'm (Anything But) Numb
Ch. 47 She's Still Here
Ch. 48 Musical Souls and Counting Stars
Grounded
Ch. 49 (temporary filler)
(IM BACK) Ch. 49 Here's To Youth
Ch. 50 Peace is Young, Tempting and Promised
PLEASE READ!! IT'S SUPES QUICK

Ch. 26 It's 23 days 'till Christmas and--Corey's NOT Here.

197 12 15
By FAERAlS

Rowan's P.O.V

Today was the day all of us were supposed to head to L.A, but I had to leave with Bell and Sabrina only. Cowan texted me that Corey still owned his last apartment and so she, Cj and him are all there now. I can't stand it. I laid in the bed I missed so much, the bed with so many memories, and felt so alone.

It's only been 3 days and it feels like 3 years. I was so upset today that I wished that I had left Cowan's party with Corey. I could've avoided all of this crap. Stupid rape. I got out of bed--it's easier to move now-- and walked downstairs. Sabrina, Carmen, and Dove were sitting on the couch having a huge pity fest. Dove was crying, Carmen looked heartbroken, and Sab just seemed...relieved.

I walked over and sat with them.

"What's wrong? Why is everyone upset?" I asked concerned.

"I'm not upset. I found out that it was a false alarm, I'm not pregnant." Sab informed.

"I, on the other hand, could never have a false alarm--I'm infertile. I can't have kids and Ryan and I are heartbroken." Dove sniffed.

"I just really miss Jack, his movie is still filming and then I have a short series that I'll have to jet off to Romania to do. " Carmen sighed.

"I'm so sorry to both of you. But I really wish I had your problems, to be honest..." I mumbled.

"What do you mean? Your life is almost perfect, you have a guy who loves you more than anything, you have three kids, you could jump back into the spotlight at any time, you live in a mansion, and again--a guy who loves you more than anything." Dove pointed out.

I looked down. Right. She doesn't know.

"Corey left...I was raped and lied to keep him from hurting anyone. I told him I cheated and accidently said I wasn't happy and..." I trailed off a lump forming in my throat.

"Rowan... I am so sorry. Come here." Carmen cooed.

I hugged her and Dove joined in.

"You guys are all pathetic," Sabrina said flatly.

"What?" Dove asked pulling from the hug.

"Excuse me?" Carmen scoffed.

"How dare you?" I asked feeling hurt.

"DCam--there's this thing called adoption. Carmie--you're rich and an actor, start booking parts near Jack and blow your shoe fund on a trip to where he's at everyonce in a while. Row--you shouldn't have lied. I know rape is tramautic and I can imagine that you'd feel terrible if you were the reason Corey ended up behind bars but seriously, cheating?! You couldn't think to just work around the names of the guys so that he wouldn't know who to beat the sh*t out of? Honestly, you people are sad. Bradley and I worked things out when it seemed impossible, you all have nothing to yak about."

"That's a bit harsh..."Dove muttered.

"Tough love is still love." Sab qouted, smiling proudly.

"I'll go call Jack right now." Carmen said standing up.

"I'm gonna call Ryan and talk to him about adopting." Dove concluded wiping tears.

They got up but I still sat there--I can't just call him and fix it this time. Sab scooted closer and I sighed, She put her hand on my shoulder and looked at me understandingly.

"It'll take work but you and Corey can fix all of this if you just tell the truth." She said making me look at her.

"Sab you don't get it. He'll hurt them for sure and I really don't want to be the reason that one day in the future, Isabelle and Cj will have to explain to their friends that their dad was thrown in jail for life because he murdered two guys."

"What if you made sure that you guys went to a court scene--report it. Corey can't hurt them if they're behind bars." Sabby reasoned.

"That'll take too long. I want Corey home for christmas--the one in 23 days." I complained.

"I can't change the timing this happened, but I will tell you this--Corey and you are the most in love people I have ever seen. Don't waste that." Sab advised.

"...I don't even think he'll talk to me. He thinks I didn't actually love him--that I don't actually love him more than anything or anyone, except for maybe my kids." I sniffed.

Belle is taking a nap because I really don't have the energy to keep her occupied right now but lately she's "too old" for naps, so she'll wake up soon. Sab stood up and grabbed her purse.

"Then I'll make the first move. I'll talk to him this once but then you have to at some point." Sab offered.

"Thanks. That mean a lot--you really are the best friend ever. You'd never leave me right?" I asked.

"I've endured your Rowan-ness for this long, why leave now?" Sab giggled.

"You love me." I laughed.

"You love me!" She smiled.

That's how we say 'I love you', well that and 'I hate you, I love you too'. We've done that sort of backwards thing ever since we were 15. Well I was 15, Sab was 18. She turned and walked out the door and I smiled. Peace and quiet to think about how not peaceful and quiet my life is.

"Momma?" I heard Bell call.

She was at the bottom of the steps, her stomach poking through her purple "princess" onsie with the crown on it. So much for peace and quiet.

"Yeah, sugar?" I answered.

"I'm hungry and I miss bubba. I miss papa too." Belle pouted.

"Would you miss them less if we went to get churros?" I asked hopefully.

"CHURS!"

~~

Corey's P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch, listening to Cj tell me about all his job aspirations-- Police officer, judge, firefighter, police officer, superhero, doctor, police officer, pilot, scientist, police officer, racecar driver, actor (I liked that one), police officer-- when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it, Cj keep talking." Cowan smiled.

"Ok! And I might wanna be an astranaut so I can see the stars and bring Belle one so that she can have something that shines as bright as her."

Aww. That's so cute and big brother like, even if they're like 2 seconds apart. And Belle was born first.

"OOh, or I can be a action fighter guy and fight bad guys! Or I could be a police officer and drive around with that siren--whoo-ooh-whoo-ooh." He said imatating a siren.

"Something tells me you really want to be a cop." I chuckled.

"Yeah, because of the police movie you're doing." He smiled.

I got the one of two main characters part in a cop movie called "The Jealous Crimal" and the script is amazing. I basically play a cop who got stuck with the job of trying to bring a criminal back into civilization by training her to be a rookie cop. She and I butt heads, until I meet this chick and she realizes she likes me and gets all jealous for most of the movie. Then I fall for her and we're like this unofficial thing until...Well, why spoil it? Coming to theaters next summer.

"....and that's the coolest thing about being a diver. Oh, or a soldier so that I can protect our family like you protect us, Papa! Or the president so that I can make it illegal to be mean! Or a police officer so I can carry around that taser and tase bad people." Cj continued rambling.

"You really wanna protect all of us, huh? That takes a lot of nerve, bubba. Really brave of you." I smiled.

"What does 'take a lot of nerve' mean?" He asked.

"That means--"

"Mom. It's what mom has sending Aunty Sab here." Cowan chiped in.

I stood up and walked to the door. Sabrina was standing there and I smiled.

"Hey, Sabby--"

"Don't 'hey, Sabby' me. I'm pissed with you." Sab scoffed pushing into the apartment.

It's my old apartment, the small one Rowan hated. I miss Rowan...STOP.

"Why are you pissed at me? I'm the victim here." I chuckled.

"What's pissed?" Cj asked.

"Something you shoudn't say until you're like...12 at least." Cowan laughed.

She walked over to him, picked him up and walked towards the bedroom--which she and Cj are sharing at the moment.

"We'll be in here. So Cj what other jobs do you want?" Cowan asked walking inside.

"Maybe a story writer, or a singer like Aunty Sab. Or a cop..." I heard him say before Cowan closed the door to the room.

Sabrina crashed onto the couch and I closed the front door and sat on the arm of it. She squinted her eyes and shook her head.

"Row hates when you do that." Sab reminded.

"Right now, I could care less what Rowan hates. Remember, she cheated on me? Reason for why I'm not with the love of my life right now." I said my mood instantly dropping.

"Look, you and Rowan have the best love that I think this world has ever seen. EVER. The world's been around for a long time, Corey. And if you have been so lucky as to find a love that strong, you're just being selfish throwing it down the toilet. There might never be any two people who love eachother the way you two love eachother. Scratch that. There WILL never be anyone who loves someone the way you love Rowan. So just...dropping your relationship...that's just straight up stupid and ungrateful" Sabrina lectured.

"Hey, I didn't drop anything. I left someone who wasn't happy with me, happy with me not my body or whatever." I reminded and Sab rolled her eyes.

"Do you think Row wouldn't stop blowing up your phone or send me or cry as hard as she did if she wasn't happy? And we both know she doesn't just want you for your body. Someone can enjoy your body without feeling anything, but someone can't feel something and not eventually enjoy your body." Sab said making me roll my eyes this time.

"Even if I was to drop what she said--she cheated." I brought up and Sab's eyes turned fiery.

"SHE DIDN'T CHEAT!" Sab suddenly yelled.

"Really? Then why would she say she did, huh? What could possibly have happened that's worse than her cheating?" I asked skeptically.

"It's not my place to tell you, but she didn't cheat. She didn't. And even if she did, like I said you can enjoy someone's bodys without feeling anything." Sab said again.

"Sab that's not true--"

And then she did something that surprised me. She stood right up and smashed her lips to mine. I didn't kiss back, just because I was taken by surprise and...Oh yeah, I don't like Sab like that. Well I mean a tiny part of me does but it's nothing big enough to enjoy this--especially not after I just split with Rowan. Wait...didn't Sab and Bradley fix things? She's cheating right now. She pulled away and put her hand on her hip.

"See? I feel absolutely nothing and I still liked that kiss--you're lips are hella soft by the way." Sab concluded, making her point.

"Uh...thanks?"

"Don't take it to heart, I'm still mad at you and in love with Bradley." Sab shot.

"Listen, as much as I want to believe Rowan didn't cheat and that she is happy, what logical person would want to randomly tell their Husband they cheated if they didn't? And our lives are pretty jacked up, so she has good reason to be unhappy." I reasoned, making my point.

"Fine but think about this, when you promised Rowan that nothing would ever break you two up, when you promised her you, did you really think it would be easy? And after you answer that, ask yourself this--"

She walked to the door and opened it, walking out and looked back to me before she closed it.

"Does it matter?"

.............Does it matter if our lives are easy? Smart question Sab. She closed the door and I sat there with the question playing in my mind. Does it matter? And if it does--

Why?

* Add

* Comment

* Vote

Rock On, my MadMusicans, because it's...PKK here!

*MUST SAY IN AVA MORGAN STERN'S VOICE* HOW WAS THAT? Who else is ready for this sh*t to end? SAMMEEE. But I'm gonna drag this out though because I have to write for at least...26 more chapters. Don't worry the book will have happy enough ending, and the drama is almost over. Almost. Probably two more chapters of this bull. Oh and for those of you wondering what's with the title, since my titles are usually bomb or hella punny or hilarious AF (You better think that) there's a REALLY old song that goes--

There's a 104 days till Christmas and my darling is snuggled in fur, near the fireplace listening to the cat purr, then it skips to, there's 56 days till christmas, and my darling is still sitting there. Waiting for first Christmas snow fall to appear, then...there's 23 days till Christmas and my darling is still here, waiting by the fireplace knitting a fine scarf of lace, then lastly, there's 24 hours till Christmas and my darling is now fast asleep, she missed the first christmas snowfall and Santa leaving a gift by her feet. But when she woke she found that inside the box of velvet, was the best present from good old saint nick-- a first Christmas snowflake that never melted. It's pretty lame but I wanted the pun.

ANYWAYYYY, #COWANCOMEBACKKK who else thinks Rowan should just tell Corey what really happened? Who thinks she did the right thing--keeping him from hurting someone. *Those of you cool enough to get this--say in SmurfVlogs' voice* Let me know in the comments below? Love you guys! XOXOX from-- The Queen Kitty

Stay Pretty, my PrettyKittyKats, Do-Re-MEOW!

* Add, this to your library

* Comment, on your favorite parts

* Vote, to make me happy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 0 16
"I'm the master now, Jasi." ** After being poached at a young age, Rowan has had to navigate his way through a childhood of mistreatment and abuse...
23.7K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
1.9K 275 56
We all have trials in life, some of them can cope but others are left in tears but are able to get up and move on with life, but what if when you rea...
142K 7.8K 69
| 18+| Sequel to 'The Prince's Choice'| Newly crowned king and queen, William and Jade stand at the brink of war. Their union has enraged William's m...