You're in The Walking Dead (S...

By theshaideinthesun

You're in The Walking Dead. This storyline starts at Season 4 Episode 8. Your character-- (Y/N)-- experiences... More

Too Far Gone (S04E08)
Inmates (S04E10)
Still (S04E12) Part 1
Still (S04E12) Part 2
Still (S04E12) Part 3
Alone (S04E13) Part 1
Alone (S04E13) Part 2
Just You
A (S04E16)
Next Season AN
No Sanctuary (S05E01)
Strangers (S05E02) Part 1
Strangers (S05E02) Part 2
Strangers (S05E02) Part 3
Four Walls and a Roof (S05E03) Part 1
Four Walls and a Roof (S05E03) Part 2
Crossed (S05E07)
Coda (S05E08)
What Happened and What's Going On (S05E09)
Them (S05E10) Part 1
Them (S05E10) Part 2
The Distance (S05E11) Part 1
The Distance (S05E11) Part 2
Remember (S05E12) Part 1
Remember (S05E12) Part 2
Forget (S05E13)
Spend (S05E14)
Try (S05E15)
Conquer (S05E16)
Next Season AN
Flashback
First Time Again (S06E01)
Thank You (S06E03)
Always Accountable (S06E06) Part 1
Always Accountable (S06E06) Part 2
Start to Finish (S06E08) Still Same Day as E06
No Way Out (S06E09) Still Same Day as E06:
Not Tomorrow Yet (S06E012)
The Same Boat (S06E13)
Twice as Far (S06E14)
East (S06E15)
Last Day on Earth (S06E16)

Knots Untie (S06E11)

27 2 3
By theshaideinthesun

A/N: Sorry, it's so late guys. My sense of time today has been off.

~~~~~~

You woke up to someone shaking your shoulder. You jolted up, "Hmm, what? What is it?" You said in a daze. "Come on. Grab your gun. The guy got out. He's in the house. Hurry." Daryl explained, getting on his boots.

You threw the blankets off your body and grabbed the pair of jeans on the floor. You slid your legs in the pants holes and buttoned them. Grabbing your gun, you followed Daryl out the bedroom. You passed the front door; the door knob turned. Abraham, Glen, and Maggie waltzed in. Damn, news travels fast.

You all charged up the stairs, guns pointed at the man. You see Michonne, Rick and Carl, behind him. Carl had his gun aimed at the back of his head. "It's—it's okay." Michonne put up her hand. You, Abraham, Glen, and Maggie, all relaxed your weapons. Daryl did not; he was still in fighting mode.

"You said we should talk. So, let's talk." Rick said, putting on a shirt.

-

"So how'd you get out?" Rick asked, at the dining room table. The man at the head of the table; Michonne and Rick taking up the front sides; Carl and Maggie behind them and Glenn at the opposite end. Daryl circled the back of him, as you and Abraham stood leaning up against the wall, behind Carl. "One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" The man explains. "Right." Daryl says, gun still in hand.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped but, your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" He asked.

"More than that." Maggie said, arms crossed. "Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." Jesus said, after a moment of looking at her. "Yeah, she ain't here." Daryl seemed defensive.

Jesus moved in his seat, "Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side—the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people and this is a good place. I think our communities may be in position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" Glen asked. "We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." "Tell us why we should believe you." Rick threw his hand into the air. "I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." Jesus said. Maggie leaned forward, "Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" You all stared at him. He sat back in his seat and smiled, "Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger."

-

You were assisting Daryl in the minor repairs of the RV, as the group was preparing to go to Jesus' settlement. "Can you hand me that rag?" Daryl asked. You handed him the faded red rag. He leaned into the vehicle, as Denise came up. "Here. Homemade oat cake. Complex carbohydrates, omega-3s." Denise explained to him. Daryl looked at you, then back to the car. "Nah, I'm good. We're gonna make a pit stop. I'll pick up something then." "Like rabies?" She stated. You couldn't help but bust out a laugh.

He looks at you. You ceased laughing, "Is this 'cause I tried to get you that stuff?" "Yeah. And you remind me of someone I used to know." She stood there for a moment, then raised the cake again. Daryl took it, "Well... I hope it tastes better than it looks. 'Cause it looks like shit."

"Shit's still better than roadkill. Okay, maybe—just eat it." Denise said, starting to walk away. "Hold up." You called to her. She stopped walking and turned to look at you, "You sure you're good with me going?"

"Oh, yeah. I finally believe in myself. Thanks to you. I'll be fine." She assured you. You smiled at her and joined sides with Daryl again, watching as he tightening things.

"Let's chew up some asphalt." Abraham shouted, for everyone to get in. You and Daryl circled the RV and climbed in.

-

Most of the ride was driven in silence, besides a few small talk conversations between Abraham and Glen. You sat in the rear of the RV with Daryl. He looked out the window, most of the way. Until, he moved the blinds out of his eyesight, "Yo, Rick. What's going on?" The RV slows down. "We got a crash ahead. Looks like it just happened." Rick says, steering around the mess.

Jesus stood up to get a better look, "It's one of ours." He sprang up and walked out of the RV. All of you followed pursuit behind Rick, who was pointing a gun at the back of his head. Jesus turned around, "If this is a trick, it won't end well for you."

"My people are in trouble. They don't—we don't have a lot of fighters. I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?" Jesus asks. "No." Daryl said, no hesitation. "We got tracks right here." You said, only so Daryl could hear, then he repeated it to Rick.

All of you walked to a nearby building. Rick banged on the door three times. You all waited, with Rick's gun pointed at the door. "They gotta be in there." Jesus said. You all waited a moment longer, then Rick lowered his gun. "We moving in or what?" Abraham said, hand on his holster.

Daryl walked up behind the man, "How do we know this ain't firecrackers in a trash can?" "You don't." "We'll get your people. You're staying here with one of us." Rick said, looking at Michonne. "That's the deal." She looked at Jesus.

"Will you stay?" Glen asked Maggie. "Yeah. Y'all go. Just be careful." "Yeah. We're gonna be careful." Rick responded, slapping handcuffs to Jesus' wrists. "Just hurry."

"You hear me whistle, shoot him." Rick tells Maggie. "I will."

The rest of you walked into the building, unaware of what was going to happen. You all walked slowly, down a hallway, killing a couple walkers on the way. At an intersection, you all break off into pairs. You decided to go with Abraham.

Trailing close behind him, the two of you hear a man yelling down a way. The body approached, Abraham grabbed it by the throat. But, it was a living man. "Abraham." You said, loudly, trying to snap him out of killing this man. He had his hands snitched around his neck. Daryl flashed the light down your way. "Come on, man, let's go. Come on!"

"Abraham, let's go." You told him, following Daryl, back down the hallway and out the building.

-

As you're riding back, you over hear a conversation amongst Glen, Maggie, and Harlan about medication. You butt in, "You're a doctor?" You ask. "Yeah, that's right." Glen looked at you then back at Harlan, "You got any prenatal vitamins in there?" Harlan smiled, and looked at Maggie, who was smiling, "For you?" "Emhm." She nodded. "Well, uh, I was an obstetrician before. And I most definitely owe you. So, I'd say you two just hit the jackpot."

You tuned out the rest of their conversation, as you hear the tires of the RV spinning around in mud. "A storm must've passed through. We're stuck." Rick explains. Jesus stands up and looks out the window. "No worries. We're here."

You all got out of the RV and stood behind Jesus, with your guns ready to fire at any given moment. "That's us. That's the hilltop." Jesus said, as you all stared at a wooded wall.

-

Walking down a mudded road, towards their gates, a man said, "Stop right there." All of you pointed your guns in the general direction of the voice. "You gonna make us?" Daryl said. "Jesus, what the hell is this?" The man said, again. Jesus responded, "Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt." He turns around to look at you. "Look, sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing."

"They give up the weapons. Then we'll open the gates." A different man said. "Why don't you come down here and get 'em?" Daryl said, finger on the trigger. Harlan stepped forward, "Gentlemen, look, we vouch for these people, alright? They saved us out there." "Lower the spears." Jesus exclaimed.

"Look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy, Gregory, to come out here." Rick said. "No. Don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns. Look, we ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people. I trust you. Trust us." There was a moment of silence. "Open the gates, Cal." The gates open, revealing a very regal house, with a farm surrounding it. It was amazing. You could see the livestock Jesus was talking about previously. They even had a blacksmith.

As you're following Jesus, he explains how the community got all their resources, "There was a materials yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them." "How did people find out about this place?" Michonne looked around. "That's called Barrington House. The family that owned it gave it to the state in the '30s. That state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school for fifty miles used to come here for field trips. The place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I think people came here because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world broke down. Those windows up there let us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on. I'll show you inside."

Jesus walked us towards the front door. He opened it up and let all of you in. You stood close to Daryl, admiring the architecture that surrounded you. Old historical portraits still hung on the walls. Abraham took up the caboose and stepped inside, "Good gracious, Ignatius." "Most of the rooms have been converted to living spaces. Even the ones that weren't bedrooms." Jesus explained.

"People live here and the trailers?" Rick asked, taking everything in. "We plan to build. There's babies being born." Jesus said, as a door opened behind Daryl and yourself. The two of you jumped out of the way, as an older gentleman said, "Jesus. You're back. With guests." "Everyone, this is Gregory. He keeps the trains running on time around here." Jesus introduced him. "I'm the boss." Gregory said, mounting his hands on his hips.

Rick nodded, "Well, I'm Rick. We have a community— "Gregory cut him off, quite rudely. "Why don't y'all go get cleaned up, hmm?" You all looked at him, intently. "We're fine." Rick said, trying to keep his cool. "Jesus will show you where you can get washed up. Then come back down here when you're ready. It's hard to keep this place clean." Gregory said, coming close to Rick. "Yeah. Sure." Rick gave in, biting his tongue.

Jesus rolled his eyes, "Follow me." He walked all of you up the wooden stairs, to get cleaned up.

-

"How long do you think Rick and Michonne been ugging bumplies?" Abraham asked you and Daryl, laughing. Daryl paced amongst the room, "I don't know." "You ever think about it?" He asked Daryl. Daryl looked confused. "Settling down?" He clarified. Daryl looked at you and back at him, "You think shit's settled?" He said, then walked away. You looked at Abraham, then followed Daryl into a different room.

-

"We want to generate trade. Gregory does. But ammo isn't something we urgently need." Jesus explained. "Well, how's that?" Rick asked, confused. "The walls hold. We just brought in more medicine. Gregory wants the best deal possible." "Yeah, well, we want things, too." Daryl said, pacing behind you. "We need food." You added. "We came all this way, we're gonna get it." Rick looked Jesus in the eyes. "I will talk to him and we will work this out. Circumstances change. We're doing well now, and you will next. I will make him understand that. Can you give me a few days?" He asked.

"We can." Michonne spoke from a chair, across the room. "Yeah." Rick agreed, with her. Jesus turned towards the door, as you all heard shouting coming from outside. A man walked in, clearly with a mission. Gregory comes out of his office, "What's wrong?" "They're back." The man replies. Gregory looked concerned, as did the man and Jesus.

You all walk out of the mansion and follow Gregory towards the three people, walking towards him. "Nathan, what happened to everyone else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" "They're dead." Nathan said. "Negan?" Gregory said.

You, Daryl, and Abraham paid close attention to their conversation. "We had a deal." Gregory continued. "He said it wasn't enough. Was the drop light?" Another man said. "No." "They still have Craig." The woman with them spoke. "They said they'd keep him alive, return him to us, if I deliver a message to you." Nathan said. "So tell me." Nathan put a hand on Gregory's shoulder, "I'm sorry." Nathan stabbed Gregory.

You ran to him and put pressure on the wound, as Maggie and Jesus laid him to the ground. "It's gonna be alright." You said, above the commotion. You didn't pay attention to any of it, until, Rick pushed a knife into Nathan's carotid artery. Blood spewed out all over Rick. He rolled his limp body off him and stood up, "What?"

The man that was with him was holding his broken arm on the ground, "Nathan! You killed him." "He tried to kill Gregory, then me." Rick said, turning around, only to be met by the girl clocking him in the face. Michonne shoves her aggressively to the ground, "Don't."

"Drop it now!" A man with a spear said, as Jesus left your side, "Everyone, this is over!" He positioned himself between the spear and Rick's gun. "It's over. Nathan was our friend, but let's not pretend he was anything more than a coward who attacked us. He did this. And these people stopped him."

"What can I do?" Rick asked. "Put the gun away. You've done enough." Rick puts his gun down, as your attention was reverted to Gregory, as Harlan finally came out to assist you, in the being of Gregory's wound.

-

After you dropped Gregory off, at the Medical Trailer, you joined the group back inside the mansion. "Dr. Carson was able to patch Gregory up. He's in pain, but he'll live." Jesus updated you all. "So, what happens now?" Michonne asks. "Things like that don't usually happen here, but, uh, it's settled."

Rick stood upright from the table, "We heard the name Negan. A while back, Daryl, (Y/N), and Abraham had a run-in with his men. Who is he?" "Negan's the head of a group of people he calls the Saviours." Daryl looks at you and Abraham. "As soon as the walls were built, the Saviours showed up. They met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. They made a lot of demands, even more threats. And he killed one of us—Rory. He was 16 years old. They beat him to death right in front of us. Said we needed to understand, right off the bat. Gregory's not exactly good at confrontation. He's not the leader I would've chosen, but he helped make this place what it is, and the people like him."

"He made the deal." Maggie stated from behind you. "Half of everything. Our supplies, our crops, our livestock, it goes to the Saviours." "And what do you get in return?" You asked. "They don't attack this place. They don't kill us." "Why not just kill them?" Daryl curiously asked. "Most of the people here don't even know how to fight, even if we had ammo."

"Well, how many people does Negan have?" Rick squinted his eyes. "We don't know. We've seen groups as big as twenty." "Now, hold up. So, they show up, they kill a kid, and you give them half of everything? These dicks just got a god story. The bogeyman, he ain't shit." Daryl testified. "Well, how do you know?" Jesus asked.

Abraham said, "A month ago, we took his guys out PDQ. Left them in pieces and puddles." "You know, we'll do it. If we go get your man back, kill Negan, take out his boys, will you hook us up? We want food, medicine, and one of them cows." Daryl spoke with full-fledged confidence. Jesus looks at Rick. "Confrontation's never been something we've had trouble with." Rick stated.

Jesus looked around the room, "I'll take it to Gregory."

-

Maggie made Daryl's hypothetical deal a reality. You all were loading up the RV, to go back home. You must have loaded at least twenty pounds of food. "Even Negan didn't get this much up front." Jesus told Rick. Rick smiled at him, as a man approached him. "What?" He said, aggressively. "Jesus said you've been taking supplies to Negan since the beginning. We're gonna get Craig back." Rick told him. "Only way to get Craig back is to bring them Gregory's head." "We're gonna get Craig back." "How?" "We need to know what you know about Negan's compound. We need your help. We need you to come." Rick explained. They had a stare off for a moment before the man said, "Yeah... Okay."

You followed Daryl back into the RV and sat next to him, behind the passenger seat. Rick drove off and headed back home. On the drive, back, Maggie silently showed everyone her ultrasound. You looked at Daryl, studying his facial features; for once you couldn't read him. It was odd. For once, you had no idea what he was thinking.  

~~~~

Don't be a silent reader!!!
VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 229 22
The world before didn't treat her right. Blair must've been cursed from early childhood to have her life become worse and worse as she aged. Loneline...
460K 11.6K 74
"It's you and me Daryl, like it always has been." I say, looking into his dark blue eyes. "The way it always will be." He states. I nod my head, a sm...
169K 5K 39
Daryl Dixon is completely on his own. After the Saviors burn down Alexandria, he thinks that he is the only survivor. Living without the group that h...
32.5K 1.1K 37
Following on from the original Daryl's girl, a lot of things have changed in Lily's life. No one knows when or how the world will go back to the way...