Always Accountable (S06E06) Part 2

You woke up to the smell of smoke. You opened your eyes, slightly, revealing a blurry image. "Probably just another solider, from one of the outposts. Probably hates him, too." Your eyes closed again. "You know how to use one?" "Yeah. Never liked using them to hunt." Eyes growing heavier. "We pick up Patty and we're gone, okay? This is the last day we gotta live like this."

-

The next morning, you were awakened to someone shaking your leg. "Get up." One of your captures said. You looked to your left. Daryl was propped up against a tree, hands tied. You moved your hands; tied up, too. Damn. The man that knocked Daryl out was pointing a gun at him, "We're moving. Here's the deal. You two don't say shit and I don't kill you."

"We ain't who you think." Daryl mumbled, unfazed by the gun barrel in his face. The man, pulls the hammer back, "Say something else." He paused, "Go ahead." Daryl didn't say anything. The man points the gun in your direction, "You?" You remained silent, looking down

The man picked both, you and Daryl, up by the ropes that tied your hands. He walked you towards the two girls, "Follow them." All five of you walked down a way, in silence.

There was one girl that was carrying a rather large bag. She unzipped a pocket and grabbed out a bottle of water, "Here. Drinking the rest." She handed the bottle to the other girl. "We should save it." "We'll find some more. Drink. You're supposed to stay hydrated. It all works together." "Yeah, it does." The girl responded downing the liquid.

The girl carrying the bag stopped walking and held the bottle in front of you and Daryl. 'Have it." You didn't even acknowledge her, neither did Daryl. The man grabbed the bottle from her and looked at Daryl. "We don't need you falling down. Drink." Daryl looked back at the man, then at you. He gave in and took a sip of the water, then handing it off to you.

As you took a sip, the man said, "They find us, maybe we give you to them, they let us call it even. You see, we're reasonable people. Everybody's got their code. You feel you gotta kneel, that's fair enough. We don't. Let's go." He snatched the bottle from your hands.

The walk through the burnt forest was very annoying to say the least. You and Daryl weren't much of talkers, to begin with but, all these people did was talk. They talked about a truck that they drove in. The man talked as if he were holier than thou. Another annoying thing was that, the man constantly had to have his hand on your shoulder. It felt as if it was starting to get raw.

You tuned back into the conversation when you heard, "It was just the fire, just burning them all away."

You looked at Daryl, who was looking around the area, "You did all this?" One of the girls responded, "It was right at the start. Everything stopped—the TV, the radio. We were here. The forest was full of them. And the other ones in town, they were drawn to it. They just walked right into the flames. We got most of them. Thought we ended it for us, and she was in DC. We thought everyone was fighting them wherever they were."

The man chimed in, "Yeah, we thought that was what everybody was doing. Fighting it. That we'd all win together. We were stupid." The man, finally, took his hands off you and Daryl.

"Y'all don't think you're being stupid right now?" You said, without even thinking. The man pulled the gun from the back of his pants and pointed it at your face, "Are you saying I should kill you?" You stayed silent, unaffected by his threats. "I mean it, are you two gonna try and pull something on us? Are we just being thick here by not removing all doubt?" He paused, "Right now, by me not pulling this trigger, is that a mistake? I'm serious. I really wanna know. You made a choice to kill for someone else, to have them own you for a roof over your head and three squares, so maybe I'm not considering all aspects here. You tell me, am I being stupid?"