Strangers (S05E02) Part 3

As Rick, Michonne, Sasha, and Bob walked out of the church, you and Daryl shut the big church doors. You looked at Daryl and sighed. You walked over to one of the pews and sat down. You let out another sigh. "What?" he asked you. "It feels like I haven't sat down for days." You said back to him. He sat down beside you. "What?" you asked. He shook his head. You repeated your question.

"Two things..." he stopped. "And they are?" "One is I can't stop thinking about if Beth is still alive. Second... about that day at the prison." "I know me neither... like how that man destroyed your lives. It was..." He cut you off. "That's not what I meant." Your eyes widened, "Then what do you mean?" "You know." Your face went red. You knew what he was talking about.

The two of you were by the river, and you swayed next to this gentle, yet stiff, tuff, man. In all honesty, you couldn't either. You just never said anything, because you don't like being vulnerable. But, since he brought it up...

"Yea... me neither." You said to him, after a probably too long of a pause. He leaned towards you, "I really wish I could have another chance to do that again." He whispered in your ear. "Me too." You said before kissing him on the cheek. He smiled at you, looking around the room to make sure no one saw that side of him.

"Why don't you let people see this side of you?" You asked him. "What side?" "The genuine side." "Because when I do, people don't feel safe." He said looking into your eyes, moving a piece of hair behind your ear. You blushed. "Same goes for you, girl." He continued. The two of you stared into each other's eyes.

"Daryl, do you want to go on a water run with me?" Carol asked, breaking the two of you out of the trance. He looked at you, before nodding. "You want to go?" She asked you. "Nah, looks like you guys need to do some catching up." She smiled at you softly then placed a comforting hand on your shoulder.

You stood up and followed them to the doorway. You opened the door for them. As you opened the double doors, he walked outside the door with Carol. He turned around and looked at you. You smiled at him, "Be careful, you two." They both smiled at you and walked down the road.

You locked the door behind him. You walked back to the pew you were previously at, in the back of the church.

-

"So, what up with you?" Carl shot, turning around. "What do you mean?" You asked. "What's your deal? Who are you? Who is (Y/N)?" He asked. "Carl, you can't ask people that." Tyreese scolded, gently. "I just want to know who I'm sharing a sleeping space with." Carl said. "Well. My name is (Y/N) (Y/L/N). I was a physician's assistant when the world crashed. I lived in (Pick a State). I took this situation... to explore the world. Well, the US. I don't exactly know where I've been though, so I guess that rather defeats the purpose. My previous life was almost as shitty as this one. I stress almost." You said. "Hmm..." "What?" "Nothing, just didn't expect that, I guess." "What did you expect?" you asked raising one eyebrow. "Uhm... I presumed you were just different is all." You let out a small giggle.

-

You and Carl walked outside after a while, just to assess the land. You walked passed Abraham working on the bus. You smiled at Rosita who was helping him.

Carl found scratches on the side of the church. "(Y/N)." he called to you. "Hmm." You said as he pointed to them. "What the hell is that? Ah... Just tell your dad when he comes back." You told him. As you did, Rick had arrived.

"Hey. Tyreese said you two were out back. Come on in. We found food. A lot of it." Rick said. You nodded. "Good." Carl said, still staring at the marks on the building. "What is it?" Rick asked. "Those scratches. They're deep. Like knives or something. Someone was trying to get in." Carl explained to his dad. "We found something else." You chimed in, walking to another side of the church. "I don't know what happened, but whatever it is, we can handle it." Carl said, following you. You pointed to the wall, where carved was 'YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS'. "Doesn't mean Gabriel is a bad guy for sure, but it does mean something." You said, looking at Rick.
-
The sun went down that day; everyone came back from their runs safely. Today was a good day. The group had decided since Rick had collected a lot of food, that you'd have a feast. There was so much food. Obliviously, none of it went to waste, because everyone was so hungry. You were hungry. You hadn't had anything that you didn't have to kill first. You made yourself a plate, and then sat next to Daryl on the floor.

"I'd like to propose a toast. I look around this room... and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors." Abraham stood up and said. The room busted into simultaneous "Survivors!" and "Cheers!" "Is that all you want to be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is for you people, for what you can do that's just surrender. Now, we get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And, that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip. Eugene, what's in DC?" Abraham continued.

Eugene cleared his throat, "Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, and refuge. Restart." Abraham smiled, "However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for that little one. Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there... who don't got nothing left to do except survive."

Rick chuckled. Judith cooed. "What was that?" He asked her, smiling. Tyreese laughed. "I think she knows what I'm about to say. She's in. If she's in, I'm in. We're in. Let's do it." Rick said. The room smiled, clapped, and cheered.

You sat beside Daryl for a while. He looked at you with weary eyes. "You okay?" You asked. "Emhm." He said and smiled, before getting up, kissing your forehead and walking out the door. You didn't think much of it. Just that he had to go to the bathroom or something. You sat on the pew by yourself, until Tara came and sat beside you. "Hey." She said. You smiled at her. "Where'd he go?" She continued, indicating Daryl. "I don't know. He didn't really say." You said. "He's been gone for a while don't you think?" She said. You began to worry.-

~~~~
Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/24/15 at 11.55PM