Strangers (S05E02) Part 1

You'd been walking for what felt like forever. You did whatever Rick told you to do. Daryl explained to you why he did so. Therefore, you thought there was no better option. Moreover, you actually kind liked these people. In your opinion, you didn't think Rick even knew what he was doing, but, he was determined so... you gave him that.

The group was traveling on one of the main roads. Normally, you stuck to them, because it was open and you could see anything that was coming.

You came to a stop one night, so the group could get a rest. You sat by the fire and attempted to warm up. Ever since you were stuck in that metal box, you were always cold. Nothing worked. You shivered slightly, not wanting attention drawn to you. Daryl came over to you and sat on the ground. "Hey." He said. You looked at him, shocked he was speaking to you on his own terms. He sat beside you for a couple of minutes before saying, "Thank you."

"For what?" You asked. "For trying to keep Beth safe. I know you tried, but, I made a promise to that girl. I should've went after you that day and for that, I'm sorry. I just needed to say that." He said. "I'm sorry, too. For losing her. You trusted me. I failed." You said, looking down. "No. We both tried. That's all we could've done." He said lifting your chin up looking at you. "You wanna keep watch with me?" Carol came up and asked, causing Daryl to jump slightly. "Yea, be there in a minute." He told her. "Get some sleep," He continued, getting up putting a hand on your knee. You nodded, watching him leave.

-

The next morning, you and Daryl went off early to hunt. You ventured out a little further from the group, but, Daryl always knew his way back. You'd been hunting for an hour or so now. You caught nothing. Daryl caught three. "What's wrong with you today? Didn't get enough sleep?" He asked. "Yes, actually." You shot. He looked at you. "Sorry. I'm just on edge, I guess." He nodded.

You started heading back. When you approached the group, everyone had their weapons ready to blow your face off. "We surrender." Daryl said, putting his hands up. You chuckled. Rick looked at him, and walked away from the group with Daryl. You stayed beside Carl.

Rick whistled, "Keep close." You hustled up, next to Daryl. You didn't know why, but, he and you were constantly in front. Always on point. But you kind of liked it. It made you feel needed, wanted, and useful.

The group kept walking for a while, until... "Help! Help, anybody! Help!" You heard a man in the distance call out. "Dad, come on." You heard Carl say. The man continued screaming. "Come on!" Carl practically begged. "Anyone, help! Help!" Rick gave the go ahead signal and all of you were off.

You arrived at a tall rock. There were four walkers trying to get to the man. "Help! Help! Help!" The man pleaded. Carl shot one; Rick smashed one's head into the rock; Michonne busted one's head open with an AK; and Carol stabbed one. Another one whipped around the corner, coming for Carol. You aimed you bow, so did Daryl. You took the shot first and hit it in the eye. You walked over to it and pulled out your arrow. The group looked around. "We're clear." You told Rick. "Keep watch." He told the rest of the group.

"Come on down." Rick told the man. He was a priest. He got up and practically shook himself off the rock. He was terrified. "You okay?" Rick asked, before he put up his finger and vomited. "Sorry. Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." He said. "Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick said, cutting him off. Gabriel chuckled, "Do I look like I would have any weapons?" He put out his arms. "We don't get two short and curlies what it looks like." Abraham chimed in.

"I have no weapons of any kind. I word of God is the only protection I need." Gabriel said. "Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said. Gabriel smiled, "I called for help. Help came. Do you... have any food? Whatever I... I had left, it just hit the ground." He said, looking at all of you. "We've got some pecans." Carl said, holding out a handful. "Thank you." He said. Carl nodded. Gabriel looked over Rick's shoulder, "That's a beautiful child." Everyone tensed.

"Do you have a camp?" The Father asked, after a moment of awkwardness. No hesitation, "No. Do you?" Rick said. "I have a church." He said.

"Hold your hands above your head." Rick said. Gabriel slowly put his hands up. Rick did a full body check. "How many walkers have you killed?" "Not any, actually." "Turn around. How many people have you killed?" "None." "Why?" "Because the Lord abhors violence." "What have you done? We've all done something." Rick said, staring at him. "I'm a sinner. I sin almost every day. But those sins, I confess them to God, not strangers." He said.

"You said you had a church?" You asked. He nodded.-

~~~~

Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/27/15 at 11.30PM