Knots Untie (S06E11)

A/N: Sorry, it's so late guys. My sense of time today has been off.

~~~~~~

You woke up to someone shaking your shoulder. You jolted up, "Hmm, what? What is it?" You said in a daze. "Come on. Grab your gun. The guy got out. He's in the house. Hurry." Daryl explained, getting on his boots.

You threw the blankets off your body and grabbed the pair of jeans on the floor. You slid your legs in the pants holes and buttoned them. Grabbing your gun, you followed Daryl out the bedroom. You passed the front door; the door knob turned. Abraham, Glen, and Maggie waltzed in. Damn, news travels fast.

You all charged up the stairs, guns pointed at the man. You see Michonne, Rick and Carl, behind him. Carl had his gun aimed at the back of his head. "It's—it's okay." Michonne put up her hand. You, Abraham, Glen, and Maggie, all relaxed your weapons. Daryl did not; he was still in fighting mode.

"You said we should talk. So, let's talk." Rick said, putting on a shirt.

-

"So how'd you get out?" Rick asked, at the dining room table. The man at the head of the table; Michonne and Rick taking up the front sides; Carl and Maggie behind them and Glenn at the opposite end. Daryl circled the back of him, as you and Abraham stood leaning up against the wall, behind Carl. "One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" The man explains. "Right." Daryl says, gun still in hand.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped but, your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" He asked.

"More than that." Maggie said, arms crossed. "Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." Jesus said, after a moment of looking at her. "Yeah, she ain't here." Daryl seemed defensive.

Jesus moved in his seat, "Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side—the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people and this is a good place. I think our communities may be in position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" Glen asked. "We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." "Tell us why we should believe you." Rick threw his hand into the air. "I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." Jesus said. Maggie leaned forward, "Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" You all stared at him. He sat back in his seat and smiled, "Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger."

-

You were assisting Daryl in the minor repairs of the RV, as the group was preparing to go to Jesus' settlement. "Can you hand me that rag?" Daryl asked. You handed him the faded red rag. He leaned into the vehicle, as Denise came up. "Here. Homemade oat cake. Complex carbohydrates, omega-3s." Denise explained to him. Daryl looked at you, then back to the car. "Nah, I'm good. We're gonna make a pit stop. I'll pick up something then." "Like rabies?" She stated. You couldn't help but bust out a laugh.

He looks at you. You ceased laughing, "Is this 'cause I tried to get you that stuff?" "Yeah. And you remind me of someone I used to know." She stood there for a moment, then raised the cake again. Daryl took it, "Well... I hope it tastes better than it looks. 'Cause it looks like shit."