Last Day on Earth (S06E16)

A/N: Merry Christmas and Happy Second Night of Chanukah. Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I was trying to figure out the perfect time to upload it. Why not a perfect time to upload it for Christmas, (Even though I'm a Jew). But, henceforth the wait is over. I hope y'all like it.

P.S. More details soon to come about the upcoming season.

~~~~~~

The next morning, Rick and some others were packing up the RV, to take Maggie to the Hilltop. You walked out the door with Rick, as Sasha said, "Any change?" "She's getting worse." You responded. Last night, Maggie came to the house, with severe abdominal pain. You do not specialize in that field; the only way you could be a hundred percent sure she was okay, would be to take her to the Hilltop.

"Good call on the transport." Abraham commented. "Well, I figured she'd be more comfortable." Rick said, back. "It also means you got room for more. They're out there, so I'm gonna be there with you. We are." Abraham said, looking to Sasha. "Package Deal."

Rick sighed then moved out of the way of the door, as they climbed in. "Uh, what she said." Eugene added. "Look this is a long trip..." Rick started. "It's a superficial graze, proteins are binding, plus we need to discuss ammunition production and manufacture, too. Let's roll." Eugene said, cutting him off.

As Abraham was getting out of the RV, Rick looked at him, "I already tired. Give him an inch, he's taking a mile." "I'm only asking for twenty-three, give or take, depending on the route. I know I can be of some help. Now's the time and here's the place. Don't shine me. I'll be your anchorman. Yes, I damn will." Eugene finished off, by getting into the RV.

You looked up at Rick and smiled, attempting to hold back a laugh. "He has a point, in a...Eugene way."

After a few moments of helping Rick secured everything in the vehicle, Aaron walks up to the two of you. "We're ready to protect this place and the Saviours know it. That's why they grabbed Eugene." He said. "Look, it's not up for discussion." Rick responded, like a fatherly-figure.

"Then you're just gonna have to punch me in the face and tie me up again. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take to stop me." Aaron said, furrowing his eyebrows. Rick cocked his head, and mouthed 'Go on.'

He gave in so quickly, you smiled up at him, slightly, as the two of you watched Carl walk into the RV. You followed him in, and walked to the back of the RV, to sit next to Maggie.

-

You sat beside Maggie the entire time, just holding her hand. It pained you inside, that you couldn't help her, or ease her pain in anyway. On the ride to the Hilltop, Rick came back and talked to her for a minute. "Hey." He cooed. "Hey." He choked out. "We're gonna get there. The doctor at the Hilltop, he's gonna make things better." Rick reassured her.

"Hey," He said, running his hands through her hair. "How do you know?" She asked. "Everything we've done, we've done together. We got here together and we're still here. Things have happened but it's always worked out for us 'cause it's always been all of us. That's how I know. 'Cause as long as it's all of us, we can do anything." Rick said, to Maggie as she laid on the bed.

"What the bitch?" You heard Abraham swear his odd pairing, from the front. Rick stood up, "What? Stay back with her, whatever happens." He walked to the front. "Enemy close." Abraham explained.

You couldn't see anything so you relied solely on what you heard. "We doing this?" Abraham asked Rick. "No." Rick said, softly, walking out of the RV, as the rest of them followed. You stayed by Maggie's side as Rick commanded. But, you could faintly hear everything that was happening.