Remember (S05E12) Part 1

As the gates opened, the group walked timidly behind Aaron and Eric. You all had your weapons ready, to fire on command, if need be. As you started walking closer to the gate, you started to second-guess the situation. You looked around at everyone. It looked like from their facial expressions, they felt the same.

You all stopped before the opened gate, and took it all in. It was surreal. Suddenly a sound came from beside you and Daryl. Everyone jumped and pointed their weapons in that general direction. Daryl look one clean shot, then walked over to it; it was just an opossum.

There was a man at the gate. He looked scared... of you all. "We brought dinner." Daryl said.

Aaron looked at the man, "it's okay. Come on in, guys." You all complied and followed him inside the walls.

Behind you, the gate closed and locked. "Before we take this any further, I will need you all to turn over your weapons. Stay, you hand them over." The man that opened the gate said, as Rick walked forward.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick said to the man.

"It's fine, Nicholas" Aaron said.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Rick said, holding Judith.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron said to Nicholas.

Abraham almost cut him off, "Who's Deanna?"

Aaron responded, "She knows everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick, why don't you start?"

Rick turned around to face a walker at the gate, "Sasha." She turned around, aimed her gun at the walker, and shot it, before the second gate closed.

She turned back around with a cocky look, so did Rick. "It's a good thing we're here." Rick said, following Aaron.

-

After Rick was finished getting question by this 'Deanna', he walked out of the house with a blank look on his face. An older woman followed him out.

"Give them up." Rick said.

"They're still your guns. You can check them out whenever you go beyond the wall. But inside here, we store them for safety." The woman said.

We all walked over to bin and put our weapons onto the cart.

"Should've brought another bin." The woman, pushing the cart away, said.

"Who's next?" Rick asked.

-

A few hours passed, until it was your turn to be question. You walked into the house. There were bookshelves lined up against the wall. There was a leather couch and a floral armchair. You walked into the room. There was a older woman sitting on the couch, she stood up when she saw you. She stretched her hand out for you to shake, "Hi, I'm Deanna Monroe."

You took her hand, "(Y/N) (Y/L/N)"

She sat back down and pointed to the chair for you to sit. "Can I film our talk?" She asked you.

"Huh?" You asked, looking around, sitting down on the chair, laying your bow and arrows on your lap.

"It's for record purposes." She said. You nodded, as she walked to the camcorder and pressed play. "How long have you been out there?"

"Since the start."

"How did you find your group? Did you know any of them before?"

You shook your head, "No, uhm... Daryl found me actually. He took me in, before their camp fell."

"I was a congressperson. Ohio, 15th district. You?"

"I was a Physician's Assistant, in (State you want, except AL)."

"Really? In a world like this, we need more doctors. We have a wonderful surgeon, already here. I'm pretty sure, he could use another hand."

"I haven't practiced in a very long time."

"I saw the handy work you did to Eric... You still have it. You could make this community better; you could make it survive. You and your group are key, for making the community strive for greatness."

After your questioning, Aaron met you outside. "Ready to see your new house?"

You nodded following him. You walked down a street, passing five or six houses. "There you go. If you need anything, I'm four houses down. And again thank you for helping Eric." He said, putting his hand on your shoulder, and walking away.

You stood in front of the house, taking in a deep breath. Daryl was on the porch cutting up the opossum. He stopped for a split second and looked at you. You gave him a half smile, "You good?"

He huffed, "I guess." You walked up the stairs and sat on the porch opposite of him.

"Have you been inside, yet?" You asked him. He shook his head. You could tell he was uncomfortable in this atmosphere, so you didn't press any further.

Rick, Carl and Carol came out on the porch along with Judith. Carl kept looking over at the house, next to you. "You can look. Just be quick." Rick told him. Carl stepped over your legs and went over to the house. Carol followed him.

You looked at Rick. "You clean up rather nice, Rick." You told him. You could've sworn you saw him blush, but, he turned around too quick for you to notice.

"Wanna do a round?" Rick asked you and Daryl. You both nodded and got up, walking around the house. When the three of you came up the side, Carol was walking out of the other house, "They're right next to each other."

"They took our weapons and now they're splitting us up." Rick said. You, Daryl and Rick, all exchanged 'Yeah'. "We'll all be staying in the same house tonight." He continued.-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't be a silent reader. Vote/Comment/Suggest/Share

Thanks for Reading

-Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/28/15 at 12.04PM