Alone (S04E13) Part 1

The three of you had been walking for some time. Obviously stopping whenever you felt necessary. Daryl had been teaching Beth how to shoot; control his crossbow. You been teaching her to track. The biggest goal for you and Daryl was teaching her patience, when on a hunt.

-

"Are we close?" She asked, keeping the crossbow steady as Daryl was close behind her. "Almost done." He said. "How do you know?" She asked. "The signs are all there. Just got to know who to read them." You said. "What are we tracking?" She asked. "You tell us." Daryl said. She let the crossbow fall to her side. "You're the one that wanted to learn." He continued. "Well, something came through here. The pattern is all zig-zaggy. It's a walker." She said, smiling.

"Maybe it's a drunk." You said jokingly. "I'm getting good at this. Pretty soon I won't need you two at all." Beth said, putting the bow back up. "Yeah, keep on tracking." Daryl said.

Beth led the three of you to a clearing in the woods. You saw a walker eating a corpse. "Its got a gun." She whispered. Daryl nodded, implying that she can shoot it. She held the bow up and aimed for his head. She walked a little closer; her ankle got caught on something. She fell. Daryl and you, both, ran to her. She shot one arrow at the walker, but missed its brain. Daryl grabbed his crossbow and took care of the walker. You went up to her and pulled the trap off of her ankle. You analyzed it.

"Can you move it?" You asked. "Yeah." She said, breathing heavy.

-

You walked a little further until you approached a cemetery. There was a little funeral home down the path. "Can we—can we hold up a sec?" Beth asked, holding her ankle. "You alright?" you asked. "I just need to sit down."

"Alright. Hold up." Daryl said, handing his crossbow to you. You put you bow around your back; you grabbed ahold of it, as he bent down, "Hop on." He said. Beth looked at him, "Are you serious?" "Yeah. It's a serious piggyback. Jump up." He said, as she jumped up. "You're heavier than you look." He said.

"Maybe there are people there." Beth said, as the three of you walked towards the home. "Yeah, if there are. I'll handle them." You said. "There are still good people, (Y/N)" Beth said. "I don't think the good ones survive." Daryl said.

Beth jumped down off of Daryl back and stared at a grave. Daryl bent down and collected a bundle of weed flowers. He walked over and laid them onto of the stone; it said beloved father. It reminded her of her dad. Daryl went back to stand next to her. She grabbed his hand and locked fingers with him.

-

You walked into the house and banged on the door. Daryl whistled. "Give it a minute." Daryl warned Beth. "It's so clean." She said. "Yeah. Someone's been tending to it. May still be around." You said, continuing to search the house. You walked into a room that was meant for viewings. There was a man in a casket. Daryl touched his face, the mortician's makeup job rubbed off onto his fingers.

You found a door and walked down the stairs. There were two more bodies on tables. Daryl opened a few cabinets, finding gauze and tape. "Let's get that ankle wrapped." Daryl said. Beth was looking at the two bodies. "Looks like somebody ran out of dolls to dress up." He said. "It's beautiful. Whoever did this cared. They wanted these people to get a funeral. They remembered these things were people before all this. They didn't let it change them in the end. Don't you think that's beautiful?" Beth looked at the both of you. "Come on." You said, grabbing the gauze from Daryl and kneeling on the floor, to patch her up.

-

The three of you investigated the rest of the house. You found a kitchen and rummaged through the cabinets. "You find anything?" Beth asked you. You opened the final door, revealing a lot of food. "Whoa." Beth said. "Peanut butter and Jelly, diet soda, and pig's feet. That's a white trash brunch right there." You said. "It all looks go to me." Beth said. "Now hold up. There ain't a speck of dust on this." Daryl said. "So?" Beth said. "That means somebody just put it here. This is someone's stash. Maybe there still alive... Alright, we'll take some of it and we'll leave the rest, alright?" Daryl continued.

"I knew it." Beth said. "Knew what?" "It's like I said. There are still good people." Beth said, as Daryl stuck his fingers in a jar of jelly and ate some of it. "Gross." Beth said, opening a jar of peanut butter. "Hey, those pig's feet are mine." Daryl declared.

-

You walked outside to the porch and made another homemade sound alarm out of cans. You strung it up to the two pillars. You walked back inside, Beth was singing a song and playing the piano. Daryl was chilling on a chair bed. You walked in and leaned against the wall. You cleared your throat and the two of them turned around. "The place is nailed up tight. The only way is through the front door." You said. Daryl walked over to the casket. He jumped into it and laid down. "What are you doing?" You asked, going to sit on the couch. "This is the comfiest bed I've had in years." "Really?" "I ain't kidding. Why don't you go ahead and play some more? Keep singing." He asked Beth.

"I thought my singing annoyed you." "There ain't no jukebox." He said, as she began to play again. The two of you listened to her. -

~~~~

Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/24/15 at 9:34PM