East (S06E15)

A/N: Here's another mini-chapter because I feel terrible about not uploading for two (three?) weeks.

~~~~~~

The next morning was quiet; too quiet. There was a certain silence to the town, to the infirmary. She was gone. No more geeky talks with her during your shifts. No one to bounce strange ideas off over without being judged.

Daryl was so quiet, now. No more random incoherent groans, or soft laughs, when you said something funny, but he was trying to make it know he didn't find it funny even though he did. That night, he did not sleep. He just laid in bed beside you, with his arm slumped over your back. You could tell he wasn't asleep, because of his breathing. When he slept, he was breaths were calm. He chest would fall up and down gently. Last night, they were just sporadic.

Mid-morning approached quickly, as you worked diligently in the infirmary. But, a noise outside grasped your attention. It was a motorcycle. The only person in Alexandria that had a bike was Daryl. "Oh no." You mumbled and walked out on the porch.

Daryl drove up to the gate, and rolled the gate out of the way. You had no clue where he was going, but you had your thoughts. "Damn it." You said, aloud. Against your better judgement, you decided to stay back, and wait for news, from his mouth only. He sped off; out of Alexandria. You let him go. You knew he'd be safe. Stupid, but safe.

In one of the trucks, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita followed him, as back up. You knew it wouldn't be long until, someone came asking questions to you. They usually did that, because you were the only one, besides Carol whom has ever gotten close with him.

You walked towards the gate as Rick approached with you. "The note, can I see it?" Morgan asked. What note was he talking about? What more has happened? "You never saw any headlights, taillights? She's smart enough to cover her tracks" Rick said, as Morgan walked off. "She must've left during the shift change." Sasha responded. Who are they talking about? You thought so many questions to yourself.

"Where are, you going?" Rick called to Morgan. "I'm gonna go find her." "Wait." Rick commanded, then looked at you. "Tell Carl, I'll be back soon. No one else leaves. Everyone stays ready for a fight."

"I can't believe I missed her." Sasha said, hanging her head. "Who left?" You asked, confused. "Carol...She just up and left." Tobin said, walking away from the group.

-

After most of your shift in the infirmary, you decided to walk to your house and tell Carl about where his dad went. He wasn't too worried. That is one thing this world does to you. Eventually, it takes away your worry factor. You just simply don't worry about people that much anymore, until someone dies.

You watched Judith for a while, so Carl could rest. He looked tired. Kids his age shouldn't be tired. Kids his age should have to deal with the things he's dealt with. Hell! Nobody should have to deal with the things he's been through.

-

A little before dinner time, Rick came back home. You stood up from the floor with Judith on your hip, and Carl by your side. "Any one?" You asked softly, hoping he'd say Daryl's outside. But, he didn't and if he was still out Michonne was, too. But, the looks of his face, he didn't find Carol either.

~~~~
Don't be a silent reader!!
VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide<3