The Same Boat (S06E13)

"We're not coming out, but we will talk. We've got a Carol and a Maggie. I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about. Now, we're gonna work this out right now, and it's going to go our way." The woman said through the walkie. Rick looked at all of you, "Get him up." Rick commanded. Daryl lifted the man from the ground and stood him up, pointing a gun to the back of his head.

"You see we have one of yours. We'll trade." "I'm listening." "First, I want to talk to Maggie and Carol, make sure they're all right." "Rick, it's Carol. I'm—I'm fine, but— "She was cut off. "Rick, it's Maggie. We're both okay. We'll figure thi— "She was also cut off.

"You have your proof. Let's talk." "Alright, this is the deal, right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live." Rick said, getting agitated. "Two for one, that's not much of a trade." "You don't have another choice or you would've done something about it already." There was a moment of silence. Rick looked around at all of you. "Look I know you're talking it over. It's a fair trade. Just come out, we do this, we all walk away. Do we have a deal?" Rick asked. "I'll get back to you."

-

Silence... "What now?" You asked. "We find them. Pick up the tracks. They can't be too far. (Y/N), Daryl. Hurry up back to the RV, see if you can pick up a trail, we'll be right behind you." Rick instructed.

You and Daryl jogged back the way you came in and briskly ran to the RV. The two of you looked around, for something, anything. Daryl took the left and front side, whilst you took the opposite. You looked around for foot tracks, tire marks, anything out of the normal.

About five minutes in, you heard footsteps. You aimed your gun at the origin of noise. It was the rest of the group. "Anything?" Rick asked you. You shook your head. "Daryl?" You called for him. "Yeah, just picked up something. Come here." He responded.

You walked in front of Rick and the rest of the group, over to the other side of the RV. "These. They're fresh. I'm betting just up the road we'll see tire marks." Daryl explained his findings. "Get in." Rick commanded, to everyone.

Just as Rick was putting the vehicle in drive, he turned around and looked at all of you. He picked up the radio from the dash and pressed the button to talk, "Have you thought about it? Talk to me."

"You weren't listening. I said I'd contact you." The woman came over. "Would it make a difference if I said I was sorry about that?" "What do you think?" "I think we're gonna make the trade, so tell me where." "We haven't agreed to that." "You will." "You know what? I'm not so sure. We'd be taking most of the risk, not getting much in the way of a reward."

Rick sighed, "The other way won't work out for you." "We'll take our chances." Rick looked at all of you. He bit his bottom lip and slammed his hands down on the steering wheel.

Rick put the RV back into drive. You drove down the road for a while until the radio spoke again, "Asshole, are you there?" Rick quickly stopped the vehicle and pressed the button, "I'm here." "We've thought about it. We want to make the trade."

Rick smiled slightly, knowing he got his way, "That's good." "There's a large field with a sign that says 'God is dead' about two miles down I-66. Good visibility in all directions." "We'll meet you there. Ten minutes?" "Ten minutes."

The group kept travelling down the road, you were already on. You approached a make shift bridge, passing it, you saw a warehouse in the distance. Daryl looked and you and nodded. You knew they were in there. You put your hand on Rick's shoulder, silently telling him to drive towards the building.

-

You parked the RV out of sight, and got out. "Glenn, Daryl, (Y/N), Rosita, Gabe, let's go. The rest of you stay here." Rick commanded. You all nodded, as you spread out. You walked closely behind Daryl. You walked to the back, where there was a sliding door.

Glenn and Rosita took up the front, with Daryl and yourself behind. Before your eyes, the door started to move; you all drawing your weapons. "Maggie." Glenn said, as the sight became clear. It was them. Maggie and Carol. Daryl went to Carol, smiling brightly, "You okay? We got your trail." "You start a fire?" You asked. "Yeah." Carol said, looking down.

"Hey, you good?" Daryl asked for reassurance, putting his finger under her chin. She shook her head, "No." "Come here." He said, bringing her into a massive hug. You cracked a smile, seeing that side of him.

"They're dead. They're all dead, the ones that took us. They're all dead." Maggie spoke up. You looked at Rick who was holding the hostage back. "Your friends are dead. No one's coming for you. So, you might as well talk." Rick said, to the man. "Let him burn." Daryl suggested. "I'm gonna ask you one last time...how'd you get the bike?"

"We found it." The man said, timid. "Like hell you did." You said, irritated. "We found it." The man said, louder. "Was Negan in that building last night or was he here?" Rick asked.

The man looked up and Rick and smiled, "Both. I'm Negan, shithead. There's a whole world of fun that we can talk about, so let's have a chat." "I'm sorry it had to come to this." Rick said, pulling back the hammer of his gun, and shooting the man in head, no hesitation.

You stood beside Daryl and watched at the blood pooled out of the dead man's head.

~~~~
Don't be a silent reader!!
VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide<3