Still (S04E12) Part 2

Author's Note: This made me laugh!!!!

You ventured back out into the woods. You and Beth followed Daryl, every step of the way.

"A motorcycle mechanic and a teacher." Beth said. "Huh?" Daryl and you said, simultaneously. "That's my guess. For what you were doing before the turn. Did Zack ever guess that one?" She asked Daryl. "It don't matter. Hasn't mattered for a long time," Daryl scoffed. "It's just what people talk about, you know, to feel normal." Beth said.

"Yeah, well, never felt normal to me." Daryl said. "I second that." You said a few yards back from them.

-

The three of you approached a little house. "Found this place with Michonne." Daryl said. "I was expecting a liquor store." Beth said staring at the house. Daryl chuckled beneath his breath, "This is better." He said walking towards the house.

He walked the two of you around the house to a side door. He opened it revealing multiple bottles of liquor, moonshine. He grabbed six jars and put them in a basket. "What's that?" Beth asked. "Moonshine." He said handing you the crate; then you gave it to Beth.

You walked to the front door and opened it. You walked inside with Daryl and Beth behind you. You searched around the room for any threats. Once CLEAR, you laid your bow on a table beside Daryl's. He cleaned out a glass for Beth and said, "Alright, that's a really first drink right there. What's the matter?" "Nothing. It's just my dad always said bad moonshine can make you go blind" Beth said.

"Ain't nothing worth seeing out there anymore, anyways." You said, as she took a drink. "That's the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted." Beth said, taking another sip. "Second round's better." She said grabbing the jar.

"Slow down" Daryl said. "This is for you two." She said, pouring the drink. "Nah, I'm good." He said, as you shook your head. "Why?" "Someone's gotta keep watch." You said. "So what, the two of you are like my chaperone's now?"

"Nah, just drink lots of water." Daryl said. "Yes, Mr. Dixon." She hissed.

-

You and Daryl found some boards and nails. You started boarding up the tiny shack. "Who'd go into a store and walk out with this?" Beth said, pulling out a bra shaped ashtray. "My dad. That's who." Daryl said, finishing up his last board. Beth and you looked at him funny.

"Oh, he's a dumbass. He'd set those up on top of the TV set, use them as target practice." Daryl continued. "He shot things inside your house?" Beth asked. "It was just a bunch of junk anyway. That's how I knew what this place was. That shed out there, my dad had a place just like this. You got your dumpster chair. That's for sitting in your drawers all summer, drinking. Got your fancy buckets. That's for spitting chaw in, after your old lady tells you to stop smoking. You got your internet." He lifting up an newspaper. The three of you heard a walker growling outside.

"Just one of them." He said. "Should we get it?" You asked. "If he keeps making too much noise, yeah."

"Well, if we're gonna be trapped again, we might as well make the best of it. Unless you two are too busy chaperoning." Beth said extending a jar out to the two of you. "Hell, might as well make the best of it." He said taking the jar and sitting in a chair. "Home sweet home." You said sitting next to Beth on the floor.

-

"So first I say something I've never done and if you have done it, you drink, and if you haven't I drink. Then we switch." Beth explained to you and Daryl the rules of a game, she practically begged you and Daryl to play. "You really don't know this game?" She asked. "I've never needed a game to get lit before." You said. "Wait, are we starting?"