Try (S05E15)

A/N: Here is my Christmas Eve present to you guys! Hope you like it! :*

~~~~

That night, Glenn had run into the house covered in blood. He slammed the door and ran upstairs. "What the?" You said, getting up from the couch.

Maggie came in the house, shortly after, tears staining her face, "Noah's gone." She sobbed.

You walked over to her and put your arms around her shoulders, "It's gonna be okay." You soothed, as much as you could at least. You let go of her and motioned for her to go upstairs. You turned around to Carol, looking for some sort of answer.

She stood up and walked over to you; she put a hand on your shoulder and said, "I'm going to make a casserole," and just walked off into the kitchen.

You walked back into the living room and sat in a chair. You put your head in your hands and tried to digest with just happened.

After about a half hour, Carol walked into the living room, "Wanna come and drop this off at Deanna's with me? Her son died along with Noah."

You got up and walked down the road, beside her. You two went to Deanna's house and knocked on the door. "Let's go," she said, grabbing your arm, pulling you back to the house. She laid the casserole on the porch and you walked back.

You and Carol stood on the side porch, that was looking onto Jessie's porch. Carol had told you that before you and she had left that Sam had been lurking into your kitchen window.

Rick had asked Glenn for his side of the story last night. Rick seemed very disturbed by it. From what Glenn had told him, the other man, which was with them, just wanted to leave Aiden and got Noah killed. After Rick was talking to Glenn, he went and joined Carol and you.

Carol turned around to face him, "I sent a casserole to Deanna's family. We want her to see that."

Rick nodded and proceeded to stand in between of you and Carol. "Have you thought about Pete?" You asked him.

"Yeah."

"Talked to Sam some more. He said his mom put a bolt on the inside of his closet. Tells him to lock himself in sometimes and not come out till morning. He said he can hear his dad yelling, things breaking, his mom crying...." Carol said, as you blanked out the rest.

FLASHBACK

"You son-of-a-bitch. You think you can disrespect me!" Your dad yelled through the house, trying to find the room you had stashed yourself in. You had a crawl space in the closet of your room that led to the pantry. "Come out! You're just making it harder for yourself."

You sat on the floor for hours, crying. You hadn't even done anything wrong. You just closed a door too hard and he just snapped. You thought he'd be asleep and that it'd be safe to sleep in your own bed. You crawled back through the space and into your bedroom. You opened up the closet doors and BAM! A hard hand came crashing down on your head.

END FLASHBACK

"(Y/N), You okay?" Carol snapped you out of your daze.

"Where's Rick?" You asked, confused.

"He left a while ago. Do you need to tell me something?" She asked, concerned.

"What do you mean?"

"I know that look. It's happened to you too, hasn't it?"

'Shit.' You thought.

-

The next morning, you woke up and took a shower. You took the longest shower, ever. There was a knock at the door, while you were brushing your teeth, "Hurry up!" Carl said. You scoffed and finished up. You swung open the door and walked out. "You take forever."