Spend (S05E14)

Every morning that you woke up in Alexandria, you felt normal again. It felt like you had a purpose in life. You woke up, took a shower and then went to the clinic and worked. After, everyday, you'd come home and start the cycle over, again. Yeah, it may seem boring, but, you liked having simplicity.

A week passed and Daryl got the motorcycle, that Aaron gave him, up and running. Today is the first day he's leaving.

You waited on the porch for him to come outside, to walk over to Aaron's. Daryl soon walked out and shut the door behind him. You cleared your throat so he knew you were there, "Be careful, okay." You walked closer to him.

He huffed, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're worried about me going out."

You shoved his shoulder, gently, "I'm serious."

He smiled, "I know. And I will." He said, cupping your cheek and kissing your forehead. After, he stepped off the porch and waved, as he walked down the street.

-

At 10 o'clock, your watch alarm buzzed, indicating that it was time for your shift at the clinic. Before your shift, you would watch Judith for Rick and then at 10 you would hand her off to Carol. "Carol!" you called up the stairs.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." She said, walking down the stairs.

You said your goodbyes, to the ones that were left in the house, and you left out the door.

You walked down the sidewalk for a bit and entered the clinic. "Good morning, Pete." You said, grabbing your stethoscope off the wall.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." He said, from inside his 'office'. You walked inside and took a seat in the leather chair, sitting in front of his desk.

"What's on the agenda today?" You asked, as he opened his 'little black book'.

"We have three check-ups and one post-op on one of the elders." He said.

"Post-op?" You questioned, with big eyes.

He nodded, "Mrs. Blakely broke her hip a couple days ago. We were lucky enough to find an untouched hospital just up the road." He said, getting up from his desk, walking into one of the examine rooms. "When the first patient comes, tell them that I'll be with them in a moment."

You looked at him oddly, for a moment. "I don't think Deanna meant for me to be your secretary." You said, bluntly.

"You will do what I say." He said, harshly.

"Uhm... what?" you asked, confused. He sounded very harsh and serious. Did you have a beef with this man? 'Dammit', you thought.

"Uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry," He said, before walking out the door. "You can handle the patients today. I'm going to take the day off." He slammed the door on the way out.

"Well, okay then." You said aloud, looking around the clinic.

-

The whole day you were left alone in the clinic. You saw three 'regular' patients. They were somewhat mad that Pete wasn't in, but accepted your service.

At the end of the day, you have seen six people. The other three were kids. They were playing with bee-bee guns and had shot themselves. Their mother dropped them off and explained how they were just playing around.

You shot back, with a "This is not a world that you should just let your children 'play' around with guns. Even if the world wasn't like this, you should be a more responsible parent!"

She didn't say much after that. She just let you do your job.

Around 4:30 pm, you decided to lock up for the night. You grabbed your bow (Yes, you take it to work) and walked out to the front porch. You turned around to check if the door was locked. As soon as you turned around, you were met by a very hard chest. It knocked you on your ass.

"What the f-?" Pete cut you off.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked, towering over you.

"L-locking up." You stuttered from the pain, on your butt.

"Did I tell you to lock up?" He asked, pulling you up by your hair. You screamed, but he covered your mouth, pushing you inside, unlocking the door first.

Before he could pull out his keys, you kicked him in his manhood and ran down the street to your house. He screamed your name to 'GET BACK HERE, NOW.'

Once you finally made it into the house, Carol and Sam were making cookies in the kitchen. You walked into the kitchen out of breath. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ah... Yea." You said, not wanting to say anything about the boy's psychotic abusive father. You walked out of the kitchen and uppto your room.

You thought you left abusive men behind you. This world was your fresh start. You were not about to be sucked into that vortex again.

-

After a while, you woke up from your nap. The sun was setting. You walked downstairs and heard the door slam. "Rick." You heard Carol say. You made your presence known. You walked next to Carol, approaching him.

"I need to tell you something." Carol said. There was silence in the room. "Pete's hitting Jessie. Maybe Sam, too."

Rick stood there, silent, running his fingers through his hair. He looked angry. He stepped forward, "You know this how? Sam tell you?"

Carol shook her head, "He didn't have to." Her reaction made it seem like she had also been a victim, as you and Jessie.

Rick sighed and stepped back, turning around.

"Rick?" You said meekly. "He snapped at me today. He pulled me up by my hair after knocking me down." You softly spoke, wiping a tear away quickly before anyone could see.

Carol folded her arms over her chest, "I know how this is gonna go with Pete. There's only one way it can go. You're gonna have to kill him."-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't be a silent reader! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE

-Thanks, Shaide <3-

UPDATED 12/28/15 at 11.01AM