Still (S04E12) Part 1

You'd been walking all night with Beth and Daryl, trying to outrun a huge pack of walkers. The three of you ran into a car. You didn't know what to do. They were hot on your trail.

"Come on." Daryl said, running to the other side of the car. Daryl kept watch, as Beth got in and attempted to start it. You kept watch on her six. You heard the moans and Daryl walked to the trunk and opened it for you and Beth to get in. He climbed in after you and shut the door. He put his fingers on his lips. It was a tight squeeze but, it was either be uncomfortable or die. Daryl tied a rag around the handle and the bumper to keep it closed without locking you in.

The three of you breathed heavily, as the pack banged on the truck of the car. Daryl was aimed at the trunk the entire time. You all were terrified.

As a storm came an hour in, it rose a greater threat, but masked the sound of your breathing. They rattled and tossed the car for hours upon hours. Beth looked at you. You put your hand up, motioning for her to stay calm. You'd been in worst situations than this. She nodded.

-

When sunrise finally came it sounded like the pack had run through. Beth made the first move, as Daryl was stuck in aim position. She untied the rag from the car and pushed open the trunk. The three of you squinted at the light of day. Beth wasted no time in jumping out, then you, then Daryl. When the three of you were out, you looked around. You grabbed anything you could find from the car: rope, a car mirror, glass, and tire rims. Before you continued walking, Daryl looked at you and Beth. He stared at you a little longer and proceeded to walk again, as the two of you followed.

You guys ventured into the woods, finding a clearing just a few miles in. Daryl hunted for whatever he could find, leaving you to protect Beth, who was setting up base. She started a fire and set up a homemade sound alarm. Daryl, soon, came back with a snake. You and Beth watched as he skinned it. He turned around and looked at the two of you.

Beth cooked it. As soon as it was done, you cut it into three even pieces, with your hatchet. The three of you ate, you first meal in a long time. "I need a drink." Beth spoke up after a while. Daryl threw her a water bottle. She stared at it, "No. I mean a real drink, as in alcohol. You stopped eating, Daryl didn't.

"I've never had one. Cause of my dad. But, he's not exactly around anymore, so I thought we could go find some." She continued, staring at him and you. "Okay, Well enjoy your snake jerky." She said, getting up and walking away. You looked at Daryl. He looked back.

You got up and followed behind her, just keeping an eye on her. You saw walkers; four of them. You didn't do anything; letting her figure out on her own what to do. She picked up a rock and threw it, making a sound diversion. She succeeded. Daryl cracked a branch underneath his feet. He was keeping an eye on you, keeping an eye on her. You both spun around and looked at him, proceeding to follow him.

-

"I think we made it a way. I'm pretty sure we got to go that way to find the booze." She said, running into her sound alarm. "What the hell? You brought me back. I'm not staying in this suck-ass camp." She said flipping him off. He grabbed ahold of her, "Hey! You had your fun."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you feel anything? Yeah, you think everything's screwed. I guess that's a feeling. So you want to spend the rest of our lives staring into fires and eating mud snakes. Screw that. We might as well do something." She paused. As she was screaming all of that to Daryl, you stood watch... not knowing what to say. After a few weeks with these people you still couldn't find a way to related to them. You didn't know why.

"I can take care of myself and I'm gonna get a damn drink." She said, walking away. Daryl looked back at you and the camp.

-

The three of you came to an overgrown golf course. "Golfers like to booze it up, right?" Beth asked you. You didn't respond. You looked around; scoping the area out. You saw six walkers, making their way slowing to you. "Come on," You said ushering them into the clubhouse. "Might be people inside." She said. Thunder rumbled and the three of you walked onto the deck. Daryl bent down to a walker and checked his pockets. The front door was locked. The two of you followed Daryl around back. He put up one finger, motioning for the two of you to wait a second. He pulled on the door. It was unlocked! "Come on." He said as he walked in.

After the three of you were in, he closed the door and locked it. You looked around the room. There must have been thirty bodies. Some hanging from the ceiling, still gasping. 'Quote-on-quote' alive. Daryl saw a book bag full of money and jewelry. "Why are you keeping all that stuff?" You asked, as there was a bang at the door. You ran through another pair of doors, as Daryl slammed them behind you.

-

You walked into another room, the kitchen. You looked for food, basically anything. You didn't find much. You heard a bottle clink and pans banging. You decided to check it out. You walked through plastic flaps and down a hall way. You heard growling and a bottle breaking. You, then, saw Beth stab a walker with a broken bottle. "Thanks for the help." She said. "You said you could take care of yourself. You did." You said walking away.

The three of you walked down a hallway and crawled under a fallen bookshelf. You walked into another room, a store of some sort. Daryl and you scavenged, while Beth was off doing whatever. Daryl and you sat down on a bench, staring at a 'walker haze' of some sort.

Beth walked out of a room in a new shirt. "Help me take her down." She said about a walker on a pair of mannequin legs. Daryl looked at you, motioning for you to help her. You did the same to him. "Don't matter, she's dead." He said. "It does matter." Beth said. Daryl got up and put a sheet of the walker. "Here."

You walked into yet another hallway. The clock rang, startling Beth. Daryl nudged her to keep walking. "Okay."

The three of you turned the corner and saw two walkers staggering your way. "Run." Daryl whispered, as the two of you took off, seeing two more in another room. You and Beth made it to a door, but Daryl had enough.

He jolted around and shot the first walker. He pushed the second on into a wall, hitting it in the head with a wedge. The third one, he did the same, but the wedge broke off in the skull. He proceed to stabbing the fourth one in the eye, with the remainder of the gold club. He kicked the fifth one own, buying himself a little more time, while he stabbed the sixth with his knife. He grabbed another club and bashed the fifth one a few dozen times, before splattering his brains all across the room and on Beth's clothes.

-

She took off her jacket, as she walked into the next room, the bar. "We made it." She said, turning around to look at the two of you. "I know you think this is stupid and it probably is but, I don't care. All I wanted to do today was lay down and cry. But we don't get to do that. So beat up on walkers, if that makes you feel better. I need to do this." She protested, turning around and walking towards the bar.

You and Daryl followed her into the room slowly. You took a seat, at the end of the table.

"Did you have to break the glass?" she asked Daryl, who broke a frame with some type of paper in it. "No. Did you have your drink yet?" "No, but I found this. Peach Schnapps." She said, placing the bottle on the table. "It is good?" she asked the two of us.

"No." Daryl said, continuing to search the room. "Well, it's the only thing left." She said, wiping out a cup, then sitting it back down. She stared at the bottle for a while.

"Who needs a glass?" she said, as Daryl threw darts a people's pictures mounted on the wall. She went for the bottle, but stopped. You and Daryl looked at her. She started crying. You looked down. She cries so much. You didn't want to look like an asshole so you never said anything. But it was getting annoying.

Daryl threw his last dart; he walked over, grabbed the bottle and threw it on the ground causing it to burst. "Ain't gonna have your drink be no damned peach schnapps. Come on." He said opening the door, as you and Beth walked out.-

~~~~
Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/24/15 at 8:57PM