Inmates (S04E10)

You ran for days; hunted for days; scavenging for days. The three of you ran into packs of walkers constantly. Beth wasn't much on self-defense... she tried but, still, always had to be saved by either Daryl or me. You ran and ran and ran... until you simply couldn't anymore. The three of you fell, to your backs, in a clearing a few miles ahead. You breathed heavily. Beth and Daryl had been on the run since the prison fell; you? Since the outbreak started.

-

At nightfall, the three of you found a clearing in the woods, and started a fire. Beth looked at Daryl, "We should do something." He didn't look up. You remained quiet. "We aren't the only survivors... we can't be. Rick, Michonne, they could be out here." She continued as Daryl looked up at her. "Maggie and Glen could've made it out of a-block." Daryl looked back down. "They could've." She stood up. "You two are trackers. You can track." You and Daryl remained seated. "Come on. Sun'll be up soon. If we head out now, we c—"she stopped, and looked at Daryl. "Fine! Ya'll won't track I will!" She stormed away. You and Daryl remained still for a couple of seconds. Daryl got up and proceeded to go after her. You kicked dust on the fire and walked behind him.

-

The sun came up an hour or two later. The three of you were still walking through the woods. Daryl bent down and moved some leaves away from boot prints. "Could be Luke's or Molly's. Whoever they are, means they're alive." Beth said. "Nah, just means they were alive four or five hours ago." You said, doubtful. Beth looked at you, "They're alive!" She said, walking away. Daryl looked at you, you shrugged, continuing to follow her.

The three of you came to a path way, where there was a bush full of berries. "They picked up the pace right here. Got out in a hurry. Things went bad." Daryl said. "Wouldn't kill you to have a little faith." Beth said. "Em... Faith?" You scoffed.

"The man ain't done shit for us. Look at your father." Daryl said. Beth turned around real quick, and stared at Daryl. He turned around and gave her an 'I'm sorry look'. You didn't know how to react. You didn't know these people.

Beth turned back around and started picking berries. "They'll be hungry when we find them" She said. You pulled out a bandana from your pocket and handed it to her. She hesitated to take it. She finished picking the berries and you all picked up the pace, again.

The three of you came to a stop, when you saw two 'dead' walkers. You walked over to a bush with blood on it. "What?" Beth asked. "That ain't walker blood." You said. "The trail keeps going. They fought them off." She said walking. Daryl and you both looked at each other, full or doubt. "There's walker tracks all up and down here. At least a dozen of them." Daryl said, as she stopped walking.

The three of you heard a crack in the woods. Beth took her stance, but wasn't so ready. The walker came up behind her, and grabbed a hold of her. You and Daryl aimed your bows. You kept aiming, as Daryl slammed his bow down and threw the walker off of her. He flipped it on top of him then Beth put a knife through its skull. Daryl threw it off of him and jumped up. Soon after the three of you caught your breaths, you were back to walking.

You came to a rail road track, and saw three walkers having a late lunch. Daryl aimed his bow and shot one from a distance. Then you shot the other two. You approached them and retrieved your arrows and continued walking. Once they were eliminated, Beth looked horrified. She saw a boot, and started crying. Daryl and you stopped on the tracks. Daryl turned back around and nudged for her to follow. She did.

-

Later that night, Beth started a fire in the woods, and sat in silence until the sunrise, neither of you getting any sleep.-

~~~~
Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/24/15 at 8:43PM