The Distance (S05E11) Part 2

Rick watched, as you all walked out of the door. Daryl gathered all of you up and positioned each group to a certain area. You and Daryl took the main grassland, while the rest walked through the woods.

You and Daryl walked around for a couple of minutes, in a comfortable silence. He stopped dead in his tracks. You mildly panicked. He stood motionless, staring at you. "What is it?" You whispered, thinking there was a walker or something.

He cracked a small smile out of the corner of his mouth, "Thanks."

You walked a little closer to him and nudged his arm, "You fucker. I thought there was something actually wrong." You paused. "For what?"

"For being so blunt with me. Telling me I can't hold it all in." He looked at you, with serious eyes and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're welcome." You said. holding your head up high. "That's what I do best. Helping people."

He smiled at you, again and the two of you kept the area patrolled.

-

A half hour later, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Abraham, and Rosita rolled up in a RV and a white car.

You and Daryl greeted them as they got out of the vehicles. "We got ourselves a mother lode." Abraham said, with a cheeky grin.

Carl and Abraham brought all the canned food into the barn, and sat it on the table. After they sat it down, Rick squatted in front of it, picking up a can. The entire group watched him.

You all knew now that Aaron wasn't lying, and he could possibly be trusted. But, Rick didn't want to take any chances. Rick got up with the can in his hand and approached Aaron, "This, this is ours now."

Aaron nodded his head, "There's more than enough."

"It's ours whether or not we go to your camp," Rick said sternly, turning around.

Carl stepped forward, "What do you mean? Why wouldn't we go?"

"If he were lying or if he wanted to hurt us... but he isn't and he doesn't. We need this. So we're going all of us. Somebody say something if they feel differently." Michonne said, looking around the room.

"I don't know, man. This barn smells like horse shit." Daryl said, sitting between you and Abraham.

Rick looked at Michonne, "Yeah. We're going." He turned around to Aaron, "So where are we going? Where's your camp?"

"Well, every time I've done this, I've been behind the wheel driving recruits back. I believe you're good people. I've bet my life on it. I'm just not ready to bet my friends' lives just yet." Aaron said, as Michonne walked forward.

"You're not driving. So, if you want to get home, you'll have to tell us how." Michonne said, as Rick laid a map on the ground.

Aaron looked over at Rick, "Go north on Route 16." He gulped. "And then?" Michonne encouraged. "I'll tell you when we get there." He looked up at her.

"We'll take 23 north. You'll give us directions from there." Rick said, kneeling before the map.

"That's—I don't know how else to say it—that's a bad idea. We've cleared 16. It'll be faster." Aaron said.

"We'll take 23," Rick restated. "We leave at sundown."

You looked at Daryl and back at Rick, "We're doing this at night?"

"Look, I know it's dangerous. But, it's better than riding up to the gates during the day. If it isn't safe, we need to get gone before they know we're there." Rick told you.