The Rose that Grew from Concr...

By XstaceyJones

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned ho... More

Characters
Empty Prayers
Close my Eyes
Forgiveness
-Decisions-
Sister Sister
-New Beginning-
-Mixed Emotions-
-Writings on the wall-
Dolls
-TKO-
Wish
Letting Go
Silent Night
-Situations: Two Face-
Situations: Beauty School Drop In
-Friday Night Lights-
Opportunity Calls
The Caged Bird
Moving too fast
-Questions-
-Birds, Bees, and Bitches-
~Opportunity Calls pt. 2~
~When Doves Cry~
~Hard to Get~
~Inspector Gadget~
~Thick and Thin~
~First Class Trip~
~Girl Meets world~
~Escapades~
~Get-a-way~
~Just Kickin it~
~Girl meets world pt.2~
~Friend with Benefits~
~Playing with Fire~
~Never Lie~
~Game Proof~
~Vibrations~
~Sweet 16~
~Get Around~
~Two Wrongs~
~H.A.T.E.U~
~Talkin about~
~OPP~
~Woman to Woman~
~H.A.Z.E~
~Happily ever after...not~
~Thoughts~
~Their Eyes were watching....~
~Noelle's Joint~
~So Gone~
~So Gone pt. 2~
~Runaway Love~
~Unfoolish~
~Ultimate Relationship~
~Best of Me~
~Woman to Woman pt.2~
~Fireworks~
~Fireworks pt.2~

-Situations: Midnight Run-

98 9 4
By XstaceyJones

***So I am gonna fast forward the story a little bit cause I wanna get to the good parts and the situations that defined not only Noelle's life but the lives of Tionne, Lisa, and Rozonda. The next 3 updates will be about the things that happened to them to get them to the point of meeting each other.***

-Lisa-

You don't even get why I want to do it? It don't matter little girl as long as you live in my house you are not doing it and you'll do what I tell you to do. Well fine I'll leave your house then! What you say to me he said turning towards me. He grabbed me by the hair and swung me around throwing me into the wall. Ugh I said hitting the wall. What I say goes you hear me he said hitting and kicking me. You will obey me in my damn house. I ha... You hate me. Well get yo ass out my damn house then. Fine I will I said stumbling towards my room. Naw everything in that room belongs to me leave with what you got on your back. I didn't even say anything I just limped out of the house. I ran as best I could to my best friend Todd's house 3 blocks away.

Tap...Tap...Tap... Yo who the...Lisa! Yeah let me in I said holding on to my side. What the hell happened to you he said opening the window wide enough for me to crawl into it. My damn father, that's what happened to me. Shit your lip is bleeding don't move let me go get something before you get blood on my mom's carpet and she go all a wall on me. I gently sat down on the bed still holding my rib cage. This ain't the first time my father has done this to me. I try to do everything he asks but I guess I am just not enough for him. I was living with my mom for a while until he decided that I and my siblings needed to come back and stay with him. But I couldn't take it anymore. I am ready to start my life and be free from his army lifestyle and his drinking.

What happen Todd said handing me the paper towel as he closed the door? I told him I wanted to pursue music as a career. He told me I'd be wasting my life if I did that and as long as I live in his house wasn't doing it. So he beat you like this, I mean damn shouldn't the father be protecting his daughter? A normal father that doesn't have a drinking problem would. So what are you gonna do? Can I stay here for the night until he goes to work in the morning and then I'll leave and go to my mom's house? Yeah my mom's is here and you know...No she can't know I am here. She'll call him and then there will be more drama. My mom loves you though Lisa. I know but my dad is crazy just let me stay the night and I promise I'll be gone in the morning. Okay well let me at least get you something to eat and then you can sleep in my bed. Thanks!

-Reina-

I heard everything that went down Ronald and I were huddled in the closet hiding out. Do you think it's safe for us to come out yet? Just a little bit longer at least till he goes to bed. We sat in that closet for 3 hours till I felt like it was safe for us to come out. Shhh Ronald we don't want to wake him up. Okay! I tip toed over to the phone and dialed my mom's number.

Ring...Ring...Hello! Mommy! Reina! Mommy can you come get us? What's the matter? Daddy and Lisa got into it and he hit her. He did what! Don't worry pack your stuff I am on my way right now! Okay love you mommy. Love you to baby. I quietly put the phone back on the hook. Ronald go quietly pack you a bag mommy is gonna come get us. Okay Rei he said quietly leaving the room. I grabbed my bag and a bag for Lisa cause I know she was gonna come back for her stuff. In 20 minutes we had managed to pack our stuff quietly. It wasn't long before I saw mama's car lights and heard her car.

Ronald you ready? Yeah I am ready. Okay I said grabbing the bear off Lisa's bed. I knew this is where she hides the money she'd saved for the last year and half so I wanted to make sure she had it. Come on we climbed out the window just as mama was approaching the door.

Mama No I said stopping her. Oh I am tell him something about hitting my damn child. No lets just go we don't need any more problems tonight. Fine where is Lisa. I don't know he wouldn't let us see her. He just put her out. Come on I'll deal with his ass later on. He got some nerve putting his damn hands on my child.

She went on and on about our dad till we got to her house. Yall go put your stuff up and I'll warm you up some food. Okay mama! We back to our room. My mom only had a 1 bed room house but she had this extra room at the back that we stayed in when we actually came to her house. It wasn't as big as our rooms at my dad's house but it was big enough for us to stay. Rei! Yeah Ron I said sitting the down. Where do you think Lisa went? I don't know I'll make some calls tomorrow to see if she's okay. Don't worry we'll find her. I can't believe he did that because she didn't want to go to college.

-Lisa-

Todd brought me some food and some Tylenol to help with the pain. I quickly ate before taking a shower and then settling in. You okay? Yeah better I said laying in his bed. I'm gonna sleep on the couch if you... You don't have to sleep on the couch this is your room Todd. I know but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I won't I actually welcome the company. Okay he said locking the door and hitting the lights before slipping into the bed next to me.

The room was silent with just the sound of us breathing. Todd! Yeah Lisa. You ever think about leaving Philly? Every day of my life. Why don't we do it? Do what Lisa? Leave, get the hell up out of Philly. Go somewhere and actually be something than a state worker or Military brat. What are you saying? I am saying I've been saving for the last year and a half I got some money and I am ready to get the hell up out of Philadelphia. How much you got Lisa? $600! We need more than that to get up out of here. Well how much you been saving? About that...Todd seriously you haven't saved anything? I did but I wanted that new Boombox so I spent a lot of it. How much you think you can save in the next few weeks. I get paid this week and then again next week so I could have about 800. I think I can get a few hundred by then. So we leaving Philly? In 2 weeks Todd. 2 weeks Lisa he said entwining our fingers before falling asleep.

I stayed awake for a few more hours thinking about how we were going to logistically get out of Philly and where the hell we were gonna go. I'd heard a lot of stuff was popping off down south and I still have family down in Orlando so I wouldn't be alone. I just wanna make enough money to send for my mom, Reina, and Ronald. As much as I want to hate my dad right now I know I can't.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of this loud ass buzzing. Ugh Todd turn that shit off. It kept going and going before I opened my eyes to see that Todd wasn't even in the room. My guess was that he was in the bathroom. I quickly turned off the alarm clock before his mom or little brother ran into the room. I sat up just as the door opened. Hey good morning. Good morning! My mom and little brother just left so if you want me to help you with anything I can. Ugh I just need to call my mom and I need to go back to my house and get some stuff. Okay well here is the phone and I'll make us something to eat.

Ring...Ring...Ring...Hello! Mama! Oh my god Lisa where are you? I am at Todd's house. Oh thank you lord you are safe. I have Reina and Ronald. You do! Yeah they called me after the incident and I went and got them. Are you okay baby! I am fine mama, can you come get me in like an hour or so I just wanna go back and get a few things. Baby Rei brought your stuff here. I know but there is some stuff she didn't get. You can pick me up at Todd's okay. Okay an hour and I'll meet you there.

We finished breakfast, which gave my dad plenty of time to not be there so I could go back and get my stuff. His car is gone. Perfect! I went through the back window and to me and Rei's room. Well hell she got everything I needed except my keyboard. I grabbed the keyboard, my Walkman, and journal before going back out the door. We went back to Todd's house and I waited for my mom to come and get me.

-Todd-

2 weeks Todd! 2 weeks Lisa I said watching her get into her moms car and drive off. Honestly I didn't know if I could commit to her that we would leave in 2 weeks but I'll give it my best shot.

2 weeks later....

I'd saved as much as I could but my mom had run into some problems so I had to give her the money. I rode the bus the 5 miles over to where Lisa's mom lived to meet her.

Todd! Hey Li! You look good I said looking at her. Yeah well I don't eat beef everyday so I feel good too. How are things going for you over here? Good I get along with my mom and we don't fight like me and dad did. Did he find yall? Yeah but mama told him if he showed his face over here she'd call the cops so he's stayed away. That's cool I said looking down. What's the matter Todd? Lisa I know I said 2 weeks...you didn't save enough? Its not that my mom came up on some stuff so I had to help her out. It's okay Todd. Huh! It's okay if you are afraid to leave, I know that night I was dealing with stuff and I can't make you leave home just cause my home life sucks. I want so bad to go with you Li but I can't. I understand, once I get settled in and get me a place you promise to come and see me? I promise I said hugging her.

You still leaving this week? I still need a little more time to save some more money, but as soon as I do I am out of here. What about Rei and Ronald? They'll be fine with mama. This is where they need to be anyway. Can you spare a few dollars to split a pizza? Of course she said smiling as we walked to the pizza parlor down the street.

-Lisa-

4 months later...

The last 4 months have been hell. Not only did I get into it with my mom for talking back I also moved again. This time I ended up at my Aunts house. I am for real serious about getting the hell up out of Philly now. I managed to save a little more money from odd and end jobs modeling and babysitting. I even moved in with this woman for a little bit. She offered me somewhere to live if I watched her son from time to time. She was very interesting, but that's a story for a different day.

I have a huge opportunity to go to Atlanta with my friend Lorenzo. He's got a little gig down there and needs his muse as he calls me to go with him we leave tonight and I can't lie and say I am not a little afraid but oh well its my time to find myself.

Auntie! Yeah girl what you need? I am leaving. You sure you wanna do this Lisa I mean how well you even know this boy. Auntie he's cool and once he gets the deal we will be fine and I'll send for my family. Girl girl I don't know what I am gonna do with you. It's time for me to go besides Rei and Ronald are doing good. Daddy has a new girlfriend and is sober so everyone is good. If you say so, you know you can always come back home. I may not have a lot of money to give you, but you will always have a place to stay. I know, can you give these letters to my mom, Rei, and Ron? Yeah I can take to them. Thanks I said hearing Lorenzo blow the horn of the car. That's my ride I said grabbing my stuff. Love you Lisa! Love you to Auntie I said walking out the house.

You ready, Lorenzo said as I got in the car with him and the other dudes. Yup let's go I said putting on my seat belt.

Bye Philly it's been good seeing you, but I think Atlanta needs me now I said looking out the window as we got on the highway heading south.

*****************************************************************************************

We see how Lisa ended up in Atlanta. I choose the song in the multimedia purely for the last part of the song. Lol! 

Stay tuned for the next person on deck who will it be Ro or Ti? Just gotta read to see. 

Comment and Vote! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...
5.3K 264 62
Breathe To live, exist, express, manifest, infuse, transform, inject, Recover.... Recover...4 years ago I couldn't imagine recovering from the hell J...
Them By Haliegh

Science Fiction

94 5 12
Rose has a secret and no one knows what it it, but no one really cares, but her secret follows her around, literally. Rose lives in a world where the...
3.5K 151 11
Hi again, When action speak louder than word. When love have no reason We we find the right person All we do is live in happy love story This is BL ...