The Rose that Grew from Concr...

Por XstaceyJones

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong it learned ho... Mais

Characters
Empty Prayers
Close my Eyes
Forgiveness
Sister Sister
-New Beginning-
-Mixed Emotions-
-Writings on the wall-
Dolls
-TKO-
Wish
Letting Go
Silent Night
-Situations: Midnight Run-
-Situations: Two Face-
Situations: Beauty School Drop In
-Friday Night Lights-
Opportunity Calls
The Caged Bird
Moving too fast
-Questions-
-Birds, Bees, and Bitches-
~Opportunity Calls pt. 2~
~When Doves Cry~
~Hard to Get~
~Inspector Gadget~
~Thick and Thin~
~First Class Trip~
~Girl Meets world~
~Escapades~
~Get-a-way~
~Just Kickin it~
~Girl meets world pt.2~
~Friend with Benefits~
~Playing with Fire~
~Never Lie~
~Game Proof~
~Vibrations~
~Sweet 16~
~Get Around~
~Two Wrongs~
~H.A.T.E.U~
~Talkin about~
~OPP~
~Woman to Woman~
~H.A.Z.E~
~Happily ever after...not~
~Thoughts~
~Their Eyes were watching....~
~Noelle's Joint~
~So Gone~
~So Gone pt. 2~
~Runaway Love~
~Unfoolish~
~Ultimate Relationship~
~Best of Me~
~Woman to Woman pt.2~
~Fireworks~
~Fireworks pt.2~

-Decisions-

203 7 2
Por XstaceyJones

-Helen-

I've spent the last two months searching for these kids and I am no closer than when I first started. Any word Ava said sitting at the table. Nothing I've tried to locate the case worker but they said she left in January switched jobs and this new case worker hasn't even been to check on these kids so don't know if they are even still in Georgia. Well you know Sandra use to work in CPS maybe she can help you out. Sandra who? Girl Sandra you know the one from church that sang a little too loud in the choir. Oh yeah Sandra I haven't seen her in a while though. Well she left CPS to go back to school, but you know what I got her phone number right here. I watched as she called Sandra and asked her to come over to the house to see if she can help us find the kids.

20 minutes later she knocked on the door. Hey Sandra! Hey Helen girl how you been she said coming into the house? I've been better just a little stressed out. What's going on girl? You want something to drink water, tea or anything. Water is fine. Thank you, so why you stressed girl that's not like you. My little sister's kids I can't find them, I've been looking for them and I haven't been able to find them. Are they in the foster care system? From what Candace says they are but she lost track of them at the 4th foster home and the case worker she knew about isn't there isn't there anymore. Candace...Candace Young! Yeah that's my little sister. Wait those are your sister's kids? You know where my sister's kids are! Yeah I do that was my last case before I left to go back to school. Oh my god I said shaking my head. Helen you...she said shaking her head. What is it bad? Yeah it is. How I came to find out about the kids is the foster mother called and said that we needed to come remove the little girl. She said she wasn't safe and that she thought the brother was messing with her. Messing with her how? You know she said giving me the look. Oh no you mean. Yeah! Was he Ava said looking at her with a concerned look? Let's just say that 8 year old little girl has had more experience than most 20 something year old women have.

Andre Jr raped her I said with a pained look. Yeah he did, the foster mother sensed something was going on and had him sent to juvie he'll be there till he is 18 and then if he's lucky he won't be charged as an adult for it. Noelle where is she? I placed her with this nice family over in Druid Hills, before I left I checked on her and she was adjusting well. I need their names. Helen you know I can't...Sandra please I just want to get my sisters daughter. What about Andre Jr.? I wanna see if he's okay too but if he raped Noelle I can't have that in my house. I'll make a call and see if she's still there. I recommended after them that they not move her unless it was to a family member. Well I want her I don't care what problems she has I am not letting my sisters child be in foster care as long as she has family. And trust us she's got a lot of family Ava said agreeing with me.

A few days later Sandra called me back with the news I needed the name of the family and their address. She was able to pull some strings and get me the information as well facilitate initial contact. Which is what I am doing tonight.

Tionne! Yeah mama! I am going to run an errand you make sure your brother don't get into nothing. Mama he's 14 don't you think he's too old for a babysitter? He would be if he ain't try to burn my house down the last time I left him here alone. She sucked her teeth. I know you did not just suck your teeth at me did you? No ma'am! I didn't think so, I'll be back in a few hours' tops and no boys Tionne if I find out there was a boy in this house I am a blow him away and you. Mama why you tripping you know I wouldn't bring no boys in the house. Mhm better not I said grabbing my purse to leave.

Helen! Yeah are you Gladys? I am um please have a seat I said motioning for her to sit down. You look so familiar. You do to, have we run across each other somewhere before? I don't know you, do you go to Evelyn's shop on 10th street? Nope I got to Terri over in Spring Brook. What church do you go to? My family and I just started going to St. James Missionary a little while ago. That's where I've seen you before yall are the family that started coming. Yep we really like it there too. Our foster daughter Noelle she loves it, that's all she talks about during the week. "Mrs. Glady's when are we going back to church! Mrs. Glady's I love Sunday school and my teacher!" She's really a sweet little girl. Yeah she is, initially I was on the fence about taking in a child with her background but when you look into her little face how can you not love her she said smiling. I uh asked you hear today to talk about Noelle.

Noelle, why she said looking confused. Well she's my niece and her mother has been looking for her. You mean the woman who sold her for a 100 dollars and a crack pipe? I sighed deeply yes, my sister is...Listen I am not sure how you got my information but I am not giving that little girl back to that woman. I'll be damned if I let her go through any more pain. Then we have something in common, I understand that you want to protect her but so do I. She has family here, a rather large family that is willing to look out for her and take care of her. I don't want this to go to court I just want what's best for her. You think this is what's best for her moving her around after she's gotten use to a normal home and family life. She'll have that with her real family, a family that will love and take care of her like she needs to be. I've already talked to my sister and she's agreed to sign over parental rights to me. So we have no options to adopt her? Once my sister signs the papers I am her parental guardian and I want her so no there will be no options.

I need to talk to my husband about this. I understand and I want to make this easy as possible so we can exchange her at church that way she'll be on familiar territory. Will we be able to see her again? At church every Sunday, but I don't want to confuse the process so outside of that we should probably limit the interaction. Thank you for at least talking to me about this before just having her removed from the home. No problem I want what's best for Noelle and what's best for her is to be with her family. Her Aunts, Uncles, cousins, everyone who will love and protect her. What about her mother? My sister is going to be in jail for a long time so by the time she gets out Noelle will be old enough to make the decision whether or not she wants to see her again. We'll have her ready on Sunday for the hand off, she said grabbing her purse. Gladys, I am sorry we have to do it this way I just want what's best for my niece. No its okay I just got attached to her, my husband is always telling me not to get attached. I think she'll be the last child we foster I can't take the heart break anymore.

Hearing her say that broke my heart but I don't wanna confuse Noelle in this process. Glady's don't give up I am sure there are other kids like Noelle who don't have family to take them in. I've lost 3 babies after my last child and I just...You're a god fearing woman Gladys? Of course born and raised. Then you know that God does things in his own time and not ours. If god wants you to have another child weather you birth it or you adopt it, it will be in his time. My husband said the same thing. It's just so hard when you pass a baby or you see a little girl like Noelle who just has so much hope. I understand I really do. I should get going I left my husband with my younger son and those two are not to be trusted. I left my teenagers together and they aren't to be trusted either. Sunday! Yeah Sunday I'll explain it to her just bring her stuff. Thanks for the chat. No problem I said as we left the coffee shop together

-Tionne-

Wait I don't understand this so we are just gonna bring this little girl home, come on mom I know Kayo ain't the best child but seriously you trying to replace him like that? Aye! That ain't cool Kayo said hitting me in the shoulder. Do it and again and see what happens. You ain't gonna do nothing you just all talk. Alright see who's all talk when you walking to school next week. Hey both yall mama said. Look it's not up for debate she's coming here and both of yall are going to treat her as a part of this family. I sighed how do you even know her? She's a friend's daughter and I promised that I would look out for her till she got herself together.

I wasn't really buying the whole "Friends daughter" bit but in this house you don't question mama so I went with it. What I really want to mama is where is she gonna sleep cause this house is already small as it is Kayo said. She looked at me...Naw mama are you serious I gotta share my room too! Yes you do Tionne and I don't wanna hear no back talk either. Man whatever I gotta go I am supposed to be meeting the crew down at Jellybeanz I'll see yall later I said getting up from the table. Tionne I know it's gonna be an adjustment just trust me with this she said. I know. Okay well don't be out to late remember we got church in the morning she said as I left the house.

What up yall I said strolling into Jellybeanz. Nothing much your moms let you out on a Saturday night, Dallas said. Nigga yo mama let you out the house especially after what you did? Hey what moms don't know won't hurt her. Yeah until she put that foot in yo ass. Yeah Yeah whatever yo boy looking for you anyway I thought you broke it off with him. Shhh...I did but you know he hard of hearing. This chick with long hair and a fat ass walked by us and Dallas immediately went into horn dog mood. Yo Ti I'll catch you later he said not even bothering to look at me as he followed the girl walking towards the snack bar. I walked over to the area where Troy was sitting with his crew. Our relationship wasn't the best but I am rocking with it cause I am not gonna just bounce on him like that. Besides I really can't he got a real bad attitude problem.

There's my baby yo yall move over he said motioning for the dudes to move over so I could sit down. How you doing baby, he said trying to kissing me but I dodged his mouth. Cause I don't like the taste of weed. So instead he kissed my cheek. I am alright just a little stressed, my mama trippin talking about adopting some little girl and shit. Adopting a little girl he said laughing and taking a hit off his blunt. Yeah I know. You want some? Naw I gotta stay clean she already on my ass about shit. I feel you. I looked over and Dallas was talking to a new girl this one had long hair too, but this one she looked familiar. Who is that broad over there with Dallas? Oh that honey he said smiling while I looked at him like he was crazy. That's Rozonda she live over off of Cedar Street. How you know where she live at? Baby don't trip I know a lot of people in Atlanta and where they live. Mhm you better not have your ass in these streets Troy. Naw baby never that he said still looking at her with his eyes real low. I looked at her again and she looked so familiar to me but I couldn't put my finger on who she was.

I enjoyed the rest of my time there before making my way home. Mama was asleep but Kayo was still up watching movies. You made it home before curfew he said smirking. Yeah not trying to be in trouble. What you watching? Night of Creeps. I went and changed before plopping down on the couch with him. So what you think about this little girl coming to live with us? I don't know I mean it's weird but mama don't just do stuff without thinking about it. You right, I just wonder what it is about her in particular that has mama drawn to her? Who knows, but it could be cool not being the youngest in the house now. You say that now till you getting blamed for whatever it is that she does wrong. He looked at me with a straight face. You didn't think about that did you? No I didn't. You think she gon be one of them little snotty kids that be crying all the time do you. I hope not, nobody got time for that. Exactly!

-Noelle-

It was Sunday morning and I jumped up out of bed ready to go to church. This was honestly my favorite day of the week because I get to go and be around the singing and all the love that the people give there. As soon as we got there I immediately ran to my Sunday school class, Ms. Helen is my teacher. I was so happy the first time I realized that she was my teacher because her voice was so soothing. I get to see the girl that spoke to me that day, when I first met her she had brown hair but now it's blonde and brown. I like it fits the color of her skin tone. And I found out Ms. Helen has a son too; he helps with the breakfast snack before morning worship. He always sneaks me an extra donut. Hi Ms. Helen I said sitting in the front row of the class. Hi baby girl, don't you look beautiful this morning. Thank you, you look pretty too! Thank you baby! You wanna get the books ready for us? Yes ma'am I said going over to the little bookshelf and grabbing our books.

Okay yall today we're going to discuss King Solomon's difficult decision. We talked for a little bit about the two mothers who claimed the baby but in the end King Solomon said to cut the baby in half. Ms. Helen, they didn't really cut the baby in half did they? No they didn't but he used that as a way of seeing who the real mother was. No real mother would allow their baby to be cut in half and he knew that. So what happened Ms. Helen? Well the real mother's love was so strong for the baby that she said she would give up the baby to keep it alive. King Solomon saw this and knew that she was the real mother so he gave the baby back to her. Oh we all said nodding our heads. Before we knew it Sunday school was over and we were back in morning worship. Once again I was mesmerized by Ms. Helen's singing voice. She was doing a solo to a song that I had heard my mama sing so many times.

"I tried him and I know him

Found him to be a friend

I know too much about him

On him I can depend. Save my soul

And made me whole there's none like him"

I was so caught up in her singing that I didn't realize that I was crying. I don't know what came over me but it was just something about that song that brought back so many memories of my mom and Andre. I haven't heard anything from him since the last time he messed with me. I still feel bad for him having to go away because of me. I felt Mrs. Williams grab my hand as she slipped a Kleenex in it so that I could wipe my tears. I looked up at her and she smiled at me like she knew something I didn't. Once the choir was done the pastor got up and began to speak. I tried my best to stay up during the service but I just could not keep my eyes open for some reason. I end up falling asleep in Mrs. Williams lap. I woke up an hour later when church was letting out.

Yall go on Mrs. Williams said shooing everyone else away from us as we took a seat on the bench outside the church. Noelle baby girl I want to talk to you about something. Okay I said smiling at her. This is not easy for me to do because I've grown so attached to you over the past few months but I've prayed on it and I gotta do what is best for you. I don't understand Mrs. Williams what's going on? Baby girl you won't be living with us anymore. Why? Am I going to another home, I am sorry if I did something wrong. No you didn't do anything wrong Noelle, trust me you didn't. It's just that there is a better home waiting for you with someone who can love and care for you in ways that...she paused for a minute as a tear trickled down her face.

This family will give you what we can't baby girl. And what's that Mrs. Williams? Stability! Living with us means that at any time you could be moved and we'd never see you again. At least with this family you will never leave them, no one can come and take you from them. Nobody can take me from them like ever? Nope they're your forever family. But I like living with yall. We like you living with us too but this is what god had destined for you. I guess that's good at least. Yeah it is she said slightly smiling at me.

Will I ever see yall again? Every Sunday and on special days like your birthday and maybe Christmas. Okay, when does the new family come to get me? They are in the church right now, Harold bring her bag she said to Mr. Williams. They go to this church? Yeah they do and they can't wait to take you home with them. I want you to know something Noelle, no matter what anyone tells you, you are somebody important and you are so special she said kissing my forehead don't ever forget that. Now I gotta go before I break down crying. I hugged her Thank you Mrs. Williams for taking care of me. She smiled before she started really cry. Here you go baby girl Mr. Williams said handing me the suite case. You be good now! Okay I said smiling. I watched them walk away leaving me at the entrance to the church.

Hey you okay? Yeah I said looking down not realizing who was talking to me. You don't seem okay. No I am fine I said looking up to come face to face with the girl that I met the first time we came to church. I am Tionne what's your name? Noelle! Well Noelle where did your parents go? They weren't my parents, I mean they were my foster family but they said that my new family was waiting for me in the church. Really, there aren't too many people left in the church. But let's go see whose left. Okay I said following her into the church. There weren't too many people left in the church, but Ms. Helen was there humming as she collected the church fans off the seats. A smile instantly came on my face when I saw her, she'd become one of my favorite people after the Williams. Mama do you know if anyone is supposed to be meeting her she said that her foster family said that her new family was in here. She smiled and then winked at me.

-Helen-

Take a seat Tionne and Noelle I said motioning for them to sit on the pew. Noelle baby girl I know you are so confused right now but let me explain it to you. Yes ma'am she said looking at me brightly. Your mother is very very close to me and asked me....wait you know my mama she said. Yeah I do, we are...we are very close like I said.

I didn't want to tell them that Candace and I were sisters because the way our relationship ended was honestly painful for me and Tionne doesn't remember the day she walked in on Candace shooting up. I put her out and told her to never to come back. And she didn't! I wasn't there for the birth of Andre Jr or Noelle. I missed birthdays, holidays, everything that I should have been at all because I didn't want to give in and let her live her own life. But I see a chance in Tionne and Noelle to make that right. I want them to be close like how Candace and I once were. I want Tionne to be for Noelle what I once was to Candace.

Mama, Tionne said pulling me out of my thoughts! I spoke with her a few months ago and she wanted me to take care of you Noelle. You spoke to my mama is she okay? When is she coming back? Yeah I did she wants you to know that she's okay and that she loves you so much. What about Andre? I haven't seen Andre yet but I'll look for him and see if he's okay too. She looked down at her fingers. Tionne I know I am putting you in a difficult spot but I need your help with her. What like you want me to raise her mama? I am 16 I can't be raising no kids. I want you to be a big sister to her, take care of her, make sure she is okay, be an example for her. She looked at Noelle and then back at me. I want you to be what you are to Kayo for her she needs this more than you will ever know. Okay mama I'll do it. Thank you! I know this will be an adjustment but I know the 4 of us will be just fine. Yeah Tionne said shaking her head.

That afternoon when we got home from church and ate lunch I was helping to get Noelle settled in.  Baby girl this is your room, I know it's tight with Tionne in here but yall will be okay. She smiled  as she looked around at all of Tionne's stuff. Now listen we may be sharing a room but if you touch my Prince tapes you and I will have problems Tionne said coming in behind us. Tionne! Mama! She's not going to touch your stuff okay. Fine but I am letting you know if she does. Noelle kind of laughed a little bit before sitting down on the other twin bed that I'd gotten for her. You made space for her in this dresser? Yeah I did. Good I said unpacking Noelle's suit case and putting what little clothing she had in the dresser. Is that all the clothes she has mama? Shhh yeah it is. It's gonna be tight but with Ava's help we scraped together a little money to get her some the essential stuff she needed. Here she said going in her top drawer and handing me a 50. No baby I am not taking your money. Take it mama she's gonna need more than what she has. You're such a sweet child. Oh gawd mama, just don't tell nobody she said laughing.

Mama can I roll through to Jellybeanz tonight? Didn't you go last night? I did but I didn't stay long. Yeah you can go but you be back in this house at reasonable time you got school tomorrow. You know I will she said kissing my cheek. You want me to take her with me? Nope I am gonna spend some time with her you go on and have fun. I can't make up for 8 years in one night but I know I can start the relationship I should of had with her a long time ago. 

*****************************************************************************************

And there it is....that's how Noelle ended up with them. It was bittersweet but it needed to happen for her.  You see Ti being all sweet on the low. We'll come to see what affect Noelle really has on Tionne and Kayo too. One question though where is Andre in all of this?

Night loves! Comment and Vote!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

5.3K 264 62
Breathe To live, exist, express, manifest, infuse, transform, inject, Recover.... Recover...4 years ago I couldn't imagine recovering from the hell J...
1.6K 375 36
Her heart sank into her shoes as she realized at last how much she wanted him. No matter what his past was, no matter what he had done. Which was not...
424K 7K 55
When a little girl grew up without a family, she doesn't quite see the world like we do. She learns to appreciate the things around her. Growing up t...
1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...