School for Heroes (Year Two)

By khadijiah1

Ah....another year at Hero High. The birds are chirping, everyone is happy to be here..... Pft. Please. Not... More

Prologue
Chapter one: Welcome Back Heroes!!
Chapter two: New friends, classes and rivals
Chapter three: First time for everything
A/N (sorry)
Chapter four: The Assembly
Chapter five: A new friend
SHS~ Menace
SHS~ Colossus
SHS~ Frozen
Chapter six: Bad Day
Chapter seven: The series of events that brought me here.
Chapter eight: Agni Kai
SHS~ Forgiveness
Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things
SHS~ Extra Activties
SHS~ April Fools
Chapter ten: Teams
SHS~ Glasses
Chapter eleven: This is what happens..
SHS~ Written by Deadpool
Chapter twelve: Will you.......? (Part one)
Chapter thirteen: Will you.....? (Part Two)
SHS- The Stuff of Villains
Chapter fourteen: Definition of Evil
SHS~Mutation mixup
Chapter fifteen: The Dance (part one)
Chapter sixteen: The Dance (part two)
SHS- Parseltongue
Chapter seventeen: A Teacher's point of view
SHS....Kinda: A little insight from Deadpool
Chapter eighteen: [Enter chapter name here]
Chapter nineteen: New Girl
SHS: Blind
Chapter Twenty: Pain
Chapter twenty-one: Regret
Chapter twenty-two: The Most Dangerous Game
Chapter Twenty-three: Then came a day...
Chapter twenty-four:...When Hero High fell to the ground
Chapter twenty-five: Aftermath
Chapter twenty-six: What Now?
Chapter twenty-seven: The walls between us...
Chapter twenty-eight: Change of Heart
SHS- Inner strength
Chapter twenty-nine: The plan
Chapter thirty: The Cave (now with Percy Jackson)
Chapter thirty-two: The Battle of Our Lives (Part One)
Chapter thirty-three: Battle of Our Lives (part two)
SHS~ Reunions
Chapter thirty-four: The Headmasters
Chapter thirty-five: The Death of a Hero
Chapter thirty-six: For the ones you love
SHS~ The Memorial
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Pre-Graduation
Thirty-Eight: Graduation
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Last day of school
Epilogue/Authors Note

Chapter Thirty-One: Plan A

392 20 22
By khadijiah1

Hmm....I kinda lost readers after like, chapter eighteen...did I do something wrong? Not interesting enough? Well, the student death will happen next chapter....if that peeks your guys interest...^-^
Chapter Thirty-One:
Annabeth Chase
Class: Demigod, Greek
Godly Parent: Athena
Dimension: 4th Earth

I'm not sure how I feel about what happened. I'm not sure how I feel with what happened next. I'm not even sure how I would feel if I was the one who did it.

Maria Hill made our group mission very simple. Falcon was the team leader, as he had the most experience in the field and on stealth missions. Helped that one of his teammates was the Spy Skills teacher. I was next in command (even through there was four of us) and the team strategist. M'gaan, or Miss Martian had to keep us in telepathic contact at all times and a new mutant Xavier had found, called Blink would provide us with portals and such to get from place to place quickly, as well as a quick escape if need be.

Our objective was to save any prisoners we could without getting caught. There was going to be other teams to help us that would meet up with us later, but for now we were it.

Don't talk to any other teams unless it was extremely important. Talking and meeting up with friends was for later. Now, all that mattered was the mission. If we did manage to get ourselves in trouble, we were given a replica of a horn that one of the Pevenise siblings had; blow it and anyone who could help you would hear it and come. Basically, a Summoning Charm for help.

Now what exactly happened? Well, it was quite simple. Miss Martian had powers, and she used them. Unfortunately, not everyone agreed with how she used them, which lead us here. Arguing and disagreeing in the potions hallway turned dungeon, about how wrong each of us felt the turn of events was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite her protests, I insisted that I was good with my knife and my invisibility cap, which I so thankfully had on me. Falcon had his superhero suit, complete with wings and its own form of projectiles, and Blink said she was capable of handling herself, and didn't need one.

"Hey, Annabeth." Sam Wilson. Falcon. Obvious crush on me, which yes, I knew about. It was a little obvious, but I never said anything cause I'd feel worse mentioning it... especially if Percy found out or something. Regardless he was a good hero, and a smart kid. I didn't have many doubts in form of his leadership.

"Hey Sam. Did you need something?" He shook his head.

"Just wanted to see how you were doing before the mission. I don't know if demigods get pre-mission jitters." I cracked a small smile.

"Go on enough quests and you get used to it after awhile. Is there anything else?" Sam nodded, moving to sit next to me.

"I also wanted to let you know that Percy is safe at the Grimmald place, in the Wizard dimension." I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Thank you Sam. I appreciate it." He smiled, but I could tell he wasn't happy.

"Anything for you Annabeth." He said, standing up. I sighed, strapping my knife to my belt.

"Everyone ready to go?" Miss Martian transformed into her black stealth outfit and nodded.

"Ready."

"I'm good."

"Yep." We walked to where Hill had Strange open the portal, and we were off.

We landed in the forest at the back of Hero High. From where we were, I could dimly see people working on the outside of the school, and I had a feeling those guards standing by meant we were expected. If not today, at some point.

"Alright team, listen up. We sneak in, invisible naturally. Then we head up to the Headmaster's office; I doubt with how smart our Headmaster's are, anyone has been able to break into that place yet. I know for a fact Fury has a mainframe in there we can use to hack in and find out where they might be keeping the prisoners." Falcon said.

"Then we find the prisoners, and have Blink use her portals and get as many people out as possible. There may be different holding cells so we might end up having to wait for back up to show before we can get all of them out. We also have to plan for the injured...did anyone bring a First Aid kit?" Falcon nodded, pulling one out of his backpack thing he had.

"Of course." Blink crossed her arms.

"First off, I don't turn invisible. Secondly where am I teleporting them? This place is crawling with badies. I'm surprised we didn't run into any here." She so totally jinxed it, I thought to myself.

"Here. Shield made tech that can turn people invisible. It's more like camouflage, but it'll work. I have one too, and Annabeth has her cap, Megan over there has the Martain thing. And you're teleporting them here. The rift won't remain open the whole time, but once Strange senses someone near it (he can do that, it's so cool) he'll open it again." Falcon explained.

"Well what if a badie sees it?" She questioned.

"Then I'm sure he'll let them through and go all Sorcerer Supreme on their butt. Now do you want to question me some more, or do you want to save your friends?" Blink crossed her arms and started grumbling to herself, but put the device on her belt, rendering her invisible.

"Miss Martain, open the telepathic link. Since we can't see each other, thoughts will be the only way we'll be able to talk."

'Link established.' And now I have people in my head...yay.

'Great. Now let's move people. Pretend you actually listened when Hawkeye talked about stealth and stuff.'

'Um, I just started here a couple weeks ago...I haven't had his class long enough to learn anything.' Blink said? Thought?

'Since it's camouflage just make sure to move quickly, but don't move your arms or head around too much. If you do, and someone knows what to look for, they'll be able to find you easy.' I advised her. I'm not sure if she appreciated it, but hopefully she took my advice.

'What Annabeth said. Now come on; careful not to hit anything when you sneak past.' Falcon advised us, as we came up on the school. There was a giant hole that some Hydra Agents were going to start working on, but it was our only way in.

'Sound off when you're in.' I thought/said, just to make things easier.

'In.' I blinked in surprise. He was already in? I guess he did have a superpower.

'I'm in as well.' Deciding it was my turn, I snuck my way quickly past two agents talking about how much time they saved up for a vacation.

I was unaware Hydra Agents had vacation time. Learn something knew everyday I guess.

'I'm in.'

'I'm in too.' Blink said. Looking carefully, I saw Miss Martian not far from me. Guess Martin's couldn't fully cloak themselves.

'Great. Now head down to the Headmaster's office, I'm already half way there. Please, try not to get caught. Oh, and watch out; I just saw Wanda Maximoff and Raven Darkholme. Don't mess with either of them.' Falcon so kindly informed us.

Wanda Maximoff A.K.A Scarlet Witch. Mutant ability to manipulate reality and fire hex bolts. Used to be apart of Hero High until she decided to join her father Magento, and twin brother, Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver).

Raven Darkholme A.K.A Mystique. Friends with Nico D'Angelo, which is how I knew her. Mutant ability to shape-shift into other people. Loyal to Magento since the beginning...I think. She may have been apart of the X-men at one point or another.

'What floor are they on?' I asked, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

'First. You're thinking of cutting up to the second floor then taking the second set of stairs down to the Headmaster's office? Smart. I advise you be careful through; don't know how stable the ground or ceiling in this case is.' Nodding, before remembering he can't see me nod, I said my thanks and ran upstairs quickly. I wasn't in the mood to deal with any of those two, and honestly I just wanted the mission to be over and to have my school back. But I knew that was going to happen without a fight.

Falcon was right; the ground wasn't the most stable, but for the most part I was able to navigate my way through the rubble that hadn't been cleaned up yet and get down the stairs. There was this one moment when I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I guess the Fates were kind.

'Almost there. Anyone currently there?'

'Blink, Falcon and I are here, Annabeth. Just waiting on you. Oh, and two other teams of students have arrived.'

'Is one of them our contact?' I asked.

'No, not yet. They have different objectives.'

'Now hurry up and get over here Annabeth, we gotta go.' I rolled my eyes.

I came on the Headmaster's office, and I could just barley see Miss Martian, which meant at least she was still outside.

'I'm here.'

'Great. We're all here. Now we have a problem. Lex Luthor is in there, with some chick called Marcy. Oh, and Grant Ward is there too, which means we need a distraction. A big one, enough to draw all three of their attentions. Like one made by a daughter of Athena.' No pressure Annabeth.

Three separate distractions would be best.... first Grant Ward...naturally he would want Hydra to do their job, as if they didn't I would suspect it would come down on his head...so Blink goes and creates a large enough distraction to get Ward, and hopefully Marcy too out of the office. Then Blink transports them somewhere away from the school so they can't warn anyone of our presence. Naturally it's risky, and there's high chance of us getting caught, but if she can manage, with the help of Miss Martian to knock them unconscious, then we don't have to worry about it for the time being. Luthor would only leave if he was being summoned....so we use Miss Martin's shape-shifting ability and have her shape-shift into a member of the the council, or an earn boy of the council, like Vision or someone along those lines. Luthor thinks he's needed, gets annoying, and leaves, leaving Falcon just barley enough time to hack in and find out the information he needs.

'So everyone good on the plan?' I asked. No response.

'You know the link doesn't work that way right? We can't actually hear all of your thoughts, so we didn't hear your thoughts process.' I sighed and explained my idea. Technically it was down to two distractions now, but only if Marcy was sent with Ward.

'Alright. So I'll crack the door open just slightly, just enough for them to hear any commotion happening down the hall. Blink do your mutant magic and go mess with some Hydra goons.'

'Its not magic.' Not a second later, a portal opened, before vanishing.

Guess that's why her mutant codename or whatever is Blink.

Down the hallway, I saw the same portals appear under a Hydra Agent that was standing on a very high ladder. He screamed,and was about to fall in if it wasn't for the portal closing and cutting off half of his ladder, which he promptly fell off.

Another portal appeared outside, teleporting those from outside to the inside, on top of the guy with the ladder. I guess Hydra Agents didn't like random portals, or 'ghosts' because they went running. Wow Hydra was terrible with its Agents.

Blink continued messing with them, teleporting the ones that tried to get away back to where they were. Soon enough, Grant Ward, promptly followed by a women who I assume was Marcy stormed out.

"Excuse me? What is going on out here? You!!" He pointed to a cowering Agent.

"My name is Bob."

"Don't care. I would like you to explain however what is going on out here."

'Miss Martian, get ready.'

"This school is haunted!! There was just a bunch of random portals, eating up the ladders and keeping us here!! I think we found some more safeguards!!" Ward frowned.

"In a random hallway? Doubtful...you all are loyal to Hydra yes?"

"Hail Hydra!! Hail the Red Skull!!" Ward nodded.

"Good. So, would anyone of you like to tell your superior which one of you is a mutant." No answer.

"Come on now, don't be shy."

'Blink, get ready to teleport Ward and Marcy. Miss Martain, knock them out now.'

'What about the Agents?' Falcon questioned.

'From what I can tell, they're not the brightest. Even if they do go running to someone else, no one will believe them because they're all a bunch of idiots. Even if they do, then we have Miss Martian who can play Grant Ward or Marcy for a few minutes.' I guess they were satisfied with my answer because Ward and Marcy hit the ground about two seconds later, with a portal opening under them.

"Let's get out of here!!" The Agent yelled, running as a group down the hallway, and a few even jumping out the window.

'That takes care of Ward and Marcy. Now for Luthor; Miss Martain, do your Martian thing.' I waited patiently for M'gaan to trick Luthor into going somewhere other than here. I could hear Hill in my head (for some reason) yelling that we were going to get caught, but I brushed it aside. We were going to be fine...right?

A few minutes later, Luthor stormed out with Vision-M'gaan behind him.

"Stupid machine...never send an overgrown bot to do a man's job." He muttered, barley giving a second glance to the now-empty hallway. Which was good for us.

"I will meet you upstairs." Vision-M'gaan said, floating up and phasing through the ceiling. Once Luthor was far enough away, Falcon jumped up and turned off his camouflage.

"Time to work for a living." He said, strolling into the office and walking right over to a bookcase.

"How cliché." I said, following behind them. He shrugged.

"So cliché that people won't consider looking here. Granted, this was a Clint Barton idea, so naturally it's a bad idea, but so far it's worked." Blink, who also turned off her camouflage, just wandered around the office.

"Let's see....nope, nope, nope, definitely not, nope nope, nope, ah!! Here it is." Falcon quickly went to work hacking, while I decided to stand watch just in case Luthor came back. Last thing we needed was Lex Luthor finding out we were here. That could be really bad.

M'gaan reappeared a few moments later, smiling.

"Luthor and Ultron-Zane are currently locked in an argument about human inferiority." She said cheerfully.

"Nice going darling. And I have the information that we need. Now let's go save some prisoners shall we?" Looking at my different dimensional teammates, I nodded.

"Let's do this. Where are the prisoners Falcon?"

"Some are in the basement, others deemed 'more important' by the Council are locked up in a Hydra built cell near where the Council built their meeting room or whatever. Basically in front of the school, heavily guarded."

"So them last because we can't risk getting caught without at least saving a few people. Got it." I summed up, placing my invisibility cap back on my head.

"Let's do this thing."

"Avengers Assemble!! Wait, wrong team, sorry." I chuckled, looking down the hallway. All clear.

'Looks all clear. Meet you guys downstairs.' So Blink used her portals and M'gaan phased through the floor. Times I wished Athena kids had powers or at least something.

'Cheaters.' Falcon said.

'We heard that.'

'That was my intention.' Smiling slightly, reminded of Percy and his humor, I slipped past Hydra and AIM, past a few dueling wizards and down the stairs. There wasn't any guards, which made me suspect that they didn't expect anyone to manage to escape. Maybe they didn't have any powers due to power dampers.

Or maybe they just didn't the energy to fight anymore.

When I got down there, I saw it was an unfortunate combination of both. Each student had some sort of collar around their neck. Most students were huddled in a small corner, while others just looked broken.

"I feel so bad for them..." M'gaan whispered.

"Don't. We're here to help them now." I said, turning to Blink and Falcon.

"Blink, get them out of their cells. Falcon, I want you to get those collars off before Blink sends them to the forest. Can you do that?" Falcon nodded.

"Might take a few minutes so I don't set of some sort of alarm or something, but yes. I can do it."

"And we can help." I wasn't sure who I expected, but I know I didn't expect him.

"Nico Di'Angelo."

"Annabeth Chase." Everyone of my teammates was on guard, ready for a fight. When I did turn around, I saw Nico, Prince Zuko, and a girl named Raven.

"Annabeth, we're here to help. We can get the collars off and we can help you guys get them out of here. Promise."

"Yeah! We even have information on Project 7 for you guys!!" Prince Zuko said, grinning, walking forward. Falcon tensed up, ready to defend himself against the firebending Prince.

"How did you know we were here?" Blink demanded.

"We didn't; we were coming down here to save the prisoners as an act of defiance. You guys just happened to be here to." The girl, Raven, explained dully.

"M'gaan, read their minds. See if they're telling the truth." Miss Martain's eyes flashed green as she used her telepathy.

"They're telling the truth, all of them. They want to help us." That's how we ended up working with the used to be enemy.

Blink and Nico teleported/shadow traveled the prisoners out, and Raven and Falcon got the collars off. Zuko and I stood watch while I think M'gaan tried to get in telepathic contact with someone.

"So...are you a bender?" Zuko asked. He was trying so hard to friendly, it was a little adorable. And sad. Like, sadorable or some stupid word like that.

"No, demigod." He smiled.

"Cool. Who's your parent?"

"Athena. Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy."

"That's awesome. You must be really smart in battle. Glad I'm on your side." I glared at him, which quickly shut him up. I kinda felt bad for the guy, but he was also getting on my nerves.

"Just one more prisoner and a couple more collars and then we'll be done here,Annabeth." Falcon informed me. Nodding, I walked over.

"Great. M'gaan, who are you talking to?" M'gaan's eyes went back to their original color.

"Artemis and Connor. Their team was supposed to meet us here but they ran into some trouble on the way. I was just informing them what Falcon had learned and telling them to head to the other prison cell." Nodding, I spun around when Zuko hit the wall near me.

"Too bad you won't be able to meet them..." Princess Azula. Zuko's younger sister, if I remember correctly.

"Yes, we will. You're underestimating us." Raven said.

"Hmm, no I really don't think so. You see--."

'Miss Martian, do you think you can do what you did to Ward and Marcy to Azula here?'

'I can do more than that Annabeth.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In hindsight, it was probably my fault for asking her to do it anyway.

What happened next was simple. Miss Martian, instead of suggesting that Azula take a nap or something, she started to pull information from her head. Which of course Azula resisted, so Miss Martian probed deeper and deeper, not realizing how much she was messing with her pyshce.

"Miss Martian stop, that's enough!!" Raven exclaimed. Miss Martain blinked, looking around.

"What's wrong? I'm getting important information." Falcon pointed to the crazy looking Azula who had fallen to her knees, laughing like a a maniac.

"That's what's wrong." She didn't understand what she did wrong, nor did she understand why it was wrong. Lucky for her, we didn't have time to answer her questions.

Because just before she could ask them, a horn blew. Which meant our cover was blown.

"Who was that?" Falcon asked. Raven held up her hand, opening some sort of portal thing showing us Wasabi, Percy's roommate, GoGo, a girl who reminded me a little too much like Thalia, Superboy (or Superbrat depending on who you asked), and an Archer who's name I think was Artemis. All four of them were surrounded by AIM agents, along with Jadis and her followers.

In technical terms, screwed. Big time.

"Friends of yours?" Nico asked sarcastically. I glared at him.

"We have to help them."

"Or we continue with our mission, which is getting these people out of here. Nothing else matters right now." Falcon said, taking a collar off Kurt Wagner, or Nightcrawler.

"We can't just leave them!!"

"As team leader, I say we do what we were supposed to do first." I growled slightly.

"How about Blink, Raven and Nico stay here to get them out and the rest of us go help them?" Zuko suggested. Falcon and I glared at each other, but we both nodded.

"Fine." Maniac Azula began to laugh again, and Zuko turned to her.

"What's so funny?" She smirked.

"You playing Hero. All of you attempting to save your friends. Or the simple fact that you all are missing."

"And what would that be Princess?" I asked.

"The fact is, Annabeth Chase, that because the Council has realized you brats are here, they will move forward with Project 7. They will rip your world's to shreds before your heroes can even....what's the word? Ah, yes--Assemble." She said, sending a smirk towards Falcon. He frowned.

"We'll see." He said, pulling something else out of his jacket.

"What's that?" Blink asked.

"Think of it as an SOS. Reed Richards invented it, just in case the horns didn't work. It was meant to locate dimensional rifts and set off an SOS, to let everyone know they were needed immediately at Hero High." He explained, turning the device on. It started to whirl and blink, which I think meant it was working.

Which also meant it was time for war.

Hero vs. Villain.

Hero High vs. The Reformatory.

Headmaster's vs. Council members.

The last part of the tournament, starts now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yay!!!

So excited, there's a battle and a fight scene and heroes and villains and the death of someone you love!!!

Well, not excited about that because I love s/he too so....yeah.

Please vote and comment, I don't like ghost readers, so please do that for me.

Peace!! ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 107 18
it random story of tmnt. always comment ideas it can always be anything. on of them falling in love. family fight/issues. friend problems, dating, an...
13.5K 523 18
It's AU everyone is age up so they're all 16/17years old Because of personal reason you moved to a new High school You thought it would be hard to...
101K 1.3K 45
Annabeth, Thalia, Jason, Piper, Nico, Will, Frank, Hazel, Travis, Katie and were one massive friend group at their Eagle Mountain College and Highsch...
1.9K 75 6
Alright here we go another story I'm probably not gonna update for awhile but hey what can ya do.............don't answer that. Y/n was an orphan boy...