School for Heroes (Year Two)

By khadijiah1

Ah....another year at Hero High. The birds are chirping, everyone is happy to be here..... Pft. Please. Not... More

Prologue
Chapter one: Welcome Back Heroes!!
Chapter two: New friends, classes and rivals
Chapter three: First time for everything
A/N (sorry)
Chapter four: The Assembly
Chapter five: A new friend
SHS~ Menace
SHS~ Colossus
SHS~ Frozen
Chapter six: Bad Day
Chapter seven: The series of events that brought me here.
Chapter eight: Agni Kai
SHS~ Forgiveness
Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things
SHS~ Extra Activties
SHS~ April Fools
Chapter ten: Teams
SHS~ Glasses
Chapter eleven: This is what happens..
SHS~ Written by Deadpool
Chapter twelve: Will you.......? (Part one)
Chapter thirteen: Will you.....? (Part Two)
SHS- The Stuff of Villains
Chapter fourteen: Definition of Evil
SHS~Mutation mixup
Chapter fifteen: The Dance (part one)
Chapter sixteen: The Dance (part two)
SHS- Parseltongue
Chapter seventeen: A Teacher's point of view
SHS....Kinda: A little insight from Deadpool
Chapter eighteen: [Enter chapter name here]
Chapter nineteen: New Girl
SHS: Blind
Chapter Twenty: Pain
Chapter twenty-one: Regret
Chapter twenty-two: The Most Dangerous Game
Chapter Twenty-three: Then came a day...
Chapter twenty-four:...When Hero High fell to the ground
Chapter twenty-five: Aftermath
Chapter twenty-six: What Now?
Chapter twenty-seven: The walls between us...
Chapter twenty-eight: Change of Heart
SHS- Inner strength
Chapter twenty-nine: The plan
Chapter Thirty-One: Plan A
Chapter thirty-two: The Battle of Our Lives (Part One)
Chapter thirty-three: Battle of Our Lives (part two)
SHS~ Reunions
Chapter thirty-four: The Headmasters
Chapter thirty-five: The Death of a Hero
Chapter thirty-six: For the ones you love
SHS~ The Memorial
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Pre-Graduation
Thirty-Eight: Graduation
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Last day of school
Epilogue/Authors Note

Chapter thirty: The Cave (now with Percy Jackson)

462 15 45
By khadijiah1

So this obviously takes place a few days ago, as in the last chapter it mentioned Dumbledore being gone along with Percy and Harry. Just to let you know now, this chapter is based on Chapter Twenty-six of Half-Blood Prince, The Cave. So yes, it is similar, don't freak out or anything.
Also, I legit dreamed about writing this chapter since the beginning of the book. So excited.
^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
Chapter thirty:
Perseus (Percy) Jackson
Class: Demigod, Greek
Godly Parent: Poseidon
Dimension: 4th Earth

I wasn't sure how I felt when I accidently walked in on Dumbledore and Harry's conversation. Like, ever walk into a room and instantly everyone gets quiet? Yep. That feeling.

I felt weirder considering I walked in the wrong room anyway. One more door down and I could've slept peacefully for the rest of the night. Maybe anyway, you never know.

"Ah, Mister Jackson. Just the demigod I wanted to see." As far as I knew, I was the only demigod currently staying at Harry's dead godfathers house or however Harry said they were related. Just knew it was the Black House or something. Started with G.

"Uh...hey Professor Dumbledore. What's up?"

"Mister Potter and I have to attend to a certain errand of mine, and I was wondering if you would like to join us." I glanced at Harry, who nodded. Not sure why he nodded, but he did, so I nodded too.

"Sure, why not. Where are we--?."

"Then I ask that you get dressed Mister Jackson. This is not a mission you can complete in your pajamas." Nodding, I went in my room and quickly got dressed. When I got back, Dumbledore was gone somewhere and Harry was writing a note to Mrs. Weasley.

"Remember my classes with Dumbledore?" He asked, before I could even open my mouth.

"Yeah, you said it was about Voldiemort or something."

"Voldemort, and yes, they were. Dumbledore thinks he found a Horcrux, something that can help me destroy him." I frowned.

"Destroy him? How?" Harry sighed. I didn't remember learning about a Horcrux, whatever it was, in History class. I don't even remember Annabeth mentioning it.

"A Horcrux holds a part of a person's soul. Once you destroy it, that part of the soul is gone. If you kill a person with a Horcrux they are still alive because of that Horcrux and can technically be reborn."

"So immortality and a way to cheat death is basically what a Horcrux is."

"Yes." Wow, Hades and Thanatos must hate whoever uses those...come to think of it, they probably hate Harry cause he should've died and everything.

"And Dumbledore is bringing you to go destroy one? On a quest type thing righy?"

"Yes." I grinned.

"Count me in. I'll grab..wait, it's in my pocket." Harry gave me a weird look, and was about to question how I forgot Riptide was in my pocket, but Dumbledore walked in.

"We should be back soon, so do not worry. Now, Percy have you ever Apparated before?" You mean that weird thing wizards do to travel?

"Nope. Wasn't a class taught on it or something? I don't really listen or pay attention when announcements like that happen." Dumbledore chuckled.

"Do not worry; Harry has learned to do it, and I can assist him and take you with me." This seemed highly dangerous, especially when I saw Harry's worried look. I don't remember him bragging about being able to do this so... it didn't exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

"On the count of three....One...two...three..." Whatever this thing was called, it sucked.

It was like someone was trying to shove me down a drain pipe or some rubber tube. I couldn't breathe (totally not terrifying), and felt like Ben Grimm was squeezing me to make Percy Paste.

I thought it was going to happen too, until I finally could breath in fresh, salty air.

The ocean. Dad, if you're listening, sup?

It was dark out, but I didn't mind. I enjoyed the ocean air (duh), the coolness it brought when it felt on my skin. I could feel, and I mean feel the waves hitting the rocks below.

It was pretty cool.

"What do you think?" Dumbledore asked.

"It's home."

"They brought the kids from the orphanage here?" Whoops, I thought. I didn't know what Harry meant by that, but when I really looked at the view, it was a little bleak. But the ocean was nice, and that's what is important.

"Not here exactly. More to a village about halfway along the cliffs behind us. I believe the orphans were taken there for a little sea air and a view of the waves. No, I think it was only Tom Riddle and his youthful victims--."

"Who's Tom Riddle?" I asked. I was ignored, and Dumbledore continued to explain whatever the Hades he was explaining to Harry. I wondered who this Riddle guy was. Whenever Harry had a lesson from this guy, Spidey and I would always try and figure out what he was learning, but Harry claimed he wasn't supposed to say, which was so not cool.

"Lumos." I looked up to see Harry and Dumbledore closer to the edge. When I went to join them, I saw the series of creepy scary looking rocks at the bottom. I was surprised when Dumbledore started moving down them, and Harry followed behind them. For one thing, Dumbledore was like, older than Chiron. Not to mention Harry was never really the best at gym class...

"You see?" I blinked. I wasn't exactly sure what exactly I was supposed to be seeing, but I nodded anyway.

"You both will not object to getting a little wet?" Technically I didn't get wet, but I didn't mention it.

"No."

"Then let us take a plunge." Before Dumbledore could jump, I grabbed his arm.

"Wait. Maybe we don't have to get wet. I mean, what good is a son of Poseidon if they can't control water right?" Turning towards the ocean, I took a deep breath. Focus Percy. Feel the power of the ocean in your veins. Don't be afraid. Remember what Xavier taught you.

Father if you can hear my thoughts, please help me not drown my friend and Professor.

The waves resisted me, but never less the water split. I wasn't sure how long I could hold it for, but it was there.

"You listened to Charles, Mister Jackson." I grinned.

"His class was one of the most interesting. Until, of course, he passed me off to Aquaman and Namor. Namor was rude." I said. Harry, Dumbledore and I walked in the semi-dry area I had created, and I let the water fall as we walked. I felt bad that the fish had to stop talking just so I could go to some random island cave or whatever.

We walked until we reached a dark tunnel, which was probably full during high tide (luckily not now). There was steps Dumbledore walked up, and after Harry was up the stairs I finally released my hold on the sea, and quickly placed my hand in the freezing water. Might need some extra strength later.

Dumbledore held his wand up high, looking around the small cave place.

"This is it." He said.

"How can you tell?" Harry whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I whispered too him.

"I know because it has known magic." Dumbledore said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Next to me, Harry shivered. Was he cold? Maybe. Or he sensed magic, which would be cool.

Can wizards do that? Is it a Spider Sense type of thing? Asking for a friend.

"This is merely the antechamber, the entrance hall to be put simply. We need to penetrate the inner place. Remember, it is Lord Voldemort's obstacles that stand in our way, rather than those nature made." I watched as Dumbledore approached the wall of the cave, walking around and caressing it with blacken fingertips that I didn't know he had.

Come to think of it, as much as I saw Xavier, Chiron, both Sensei's and even Director Fury, Dumbledore was the second least seen Headmaster. Well, I mean Ruko was seen sometimes, he spoke in History a couple of times... Aang spoke to him a few times...so it was really a toss up between the two on most absent Headmaster.

"Here. We go on through here. The entrance is concealed." What is it was bad guys and secret hidden lairs? Not to mention, how did Dumbledore know that was the place?

Professor Dumbledore stepped back and pointed his wand at the rock. For a breif moment, an arched outline appeared there, blazing white as if Apollo was behind it, shinning the sun or smiling.

"Dude, you did it!! Em, I mean, Professor, way to go...dude..." Harry punched my arm and I glared at him, while Dumbledore chuckled and shook is head, turning his attention back to the wall. He didn't use anymore magic, but just stood there, staring at it.

"Is he trying to watch the water dry?" I asked quietly. Harry glared at me.

"Do you ever take anything seriously?"

"Yes. I'm just asking what he's doing. To me, this looks like an old guy staring at a wall without actually doing anything."

"You and me both mate." In front of us, Dumbledore sighed.

"Oh, surely not. So crude."

"What is it Professor?" Harry questioned.

"I rather think, that we are required to make payment to pass." A payment...like drachmas? I didn't think I had any on me, or had to bring some.

"Payment? You have to give the door something?" Harry asked.

"Mister Jackson, may I borrow your sword?" Personally, I wondered how he could see it, but I obeyed anyway, uncaping Riptide and passing him over.

"Yes Mister Potter, I believe the payment is blood if I'm not mistaken." Harry and I looked at him in shock.

"Blood?"

"I said it was crude. The idea, as I am sure you will have gathered, is that your enemy must weaken him or herself to enter. Once again, Lord Voldemort fails to grasp that there are much more terrible things than physical injury."

"That's kind of messed up." I said.

"Indeed Mister Jackson. Sometimes however, it is unavoidable." I was tempted to offer up mine in place of Dumbledore's, but I pushed the thought aside. Being a demigod and giving away blood might be a bad idea. Not to mention, there's the whole "my blood will awaken Gaea and bring the end of the world" thing.

Imagine if I got like a nose bleed or something. That would be terrible.

"Professor, let me do it!!" Harry protested. Dumbledore smiled kindly, sliding Riptide down his arm, splattering the rock in scarlet.

"You are very kind Harry. But you and Percy's blood is more valuable than mine." Dumbledore passed Riptide back over to me and waved his wand over his wound, healing it instantly, like I do with water.

The silver Apollo-shinned outline had appeared again, and this time it didn't vanish. The rock Dumbledore had gave the payment too simply vanished, leaving a really creepy opening.

"After me, I think." Dumbledore said, walking in. Harry quickly followed behind him, lighting his wand as well. I wished I was Leo or Johnny Storm so I could just light my hand on fight or something.

We were standing on the edge of a giant black lake. I couldn't tell how far it went by eyes, because I couldn't make out the banks, even with the light. The ceiling was so high I wondered if there was one. There was some weirdly misty greenish light near what I thought was the middle and it reflected on the completely otherwise still water. The glow and the wands seemed the only source of light, which didn't make me feel good, especially since neither was that bright.

"Let us walk. Be very careful not to step into the water, even you Mister Jackson. Stay close to me." Dumbledore said quietly. Harry and I nodded, following him along the edge. I wonder why I couldn't touch the water, but I wasn't in the mood to just randomly poke it and see what happens. Seemed like a bad idea.

Honestly, walking in this cave seemed like a bad idea. On one side, we have the creepy cavern wall, and on the other side, we have creepily still water. The silence definitely didn't help.

"Professor? Do you think the Horcrux is here?" Harry spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Oh yes, I'm sure it is. The question is how do we get to it?"

"I could make a path in the water again and we see if it's in the lake somewhere." I suggested.

"Couldn't we try a Summoning Charm?" Harry also suggested. Dumbledore stopped suddenly, and Harry almost ran into him. I ran into Harry, which I'm sure he didn't appreciate.

"Certainly we could try the charm. Mister Jackson, I am happy for your suggestion, however I do not think that will be a wise course of action." I frowned.

"Why not?"

"Accio Horcrux!!" There was a large bang or explosion and something sprang from the water. It was very large and pale, and lucky for us about twenty feet away.

Harry jumped back and turned to Dumbledore.

"What was that?"

"Something, I think, that is ready to respond should we attempt to take the Horcrux. It is also the reason Mister Jackson shall not manipulate the water; where I do not doubt his ability, I do not think those creatures answer to Poseidon." Good point, I thought.

"Did you think something like that would happen sir?"

"I thought something would happen of we made an obvious attempt to get our hands on the Horcrux. It was a very good idea Harry; much the simplest way of finding out what we are facing."

"But we don't know what that thing was. Percy, do you know?" I shook my head. It didn't look like any Greek monsters that I knew of....

"What those things are I mean. I doubt very much that there is only one of them. Shall we walk on?" Dude, how the Hades are you okay?! Most guys with a beard as long as his would've had a heart attack or something. Well, maybe not Sensei Wu, but anyone else.

"Professor?"

"Yes Harry?"

"Do you think we're going to have to go into the lake?" I think this is the first time in my life I've ever prayed that I didn't have to go in water.

"Into it? Only if we are very unfortunate." Thank the Gods and Fates.

"You dont think the Horcrux is at the bottom?" Harry asked, sending a glance my way. Before I could attempt to try and find it, Dumbledore spoke up.

"Oh no.....I think the Horcrux is in the middle." He pointed out to the misty green light at the center.

"So we have to cross the lake to get the thing?" I asked.

"Yes, I think so." What is it with this guy and saying "I think so". Couldn't he ever know so?

"Aha." This time when he stopped, Harry did actually run into him, and he almost fell into the water. Before I could even think of praying to Dad to make sure Harry wasn't eaten by whatever those things were, Dumbledore grabbed his upper arm and pulled him up.

"So sorry Harry, I should have given a warning. Stand back against the wall, both of you please. I think I have found the place." Harry instantly backed towards the wall, but I stayed and walked up to Dumbledore.

"Found the place for what?"

"Our means to get to the Horcrux." I sighed.

"Look Professor, I can make the water solid and we can just walk across it, or I could attempt freezing it. I haven't exactly mastered that yet, but Professor Xavier thinks I can do it so maybe--." Dumbledore held up a hand, silencing me.

"I appreciate it greatly Mister Jackson, however save your strength, as there is no need. If you use all of your strength now, this is not the water you want to use to give you more." Hating the fact that he was right, I walked over to Harry.

"What's the point of me being on this quest if I can't do anything?" I asked. Harry shrugged.

"I'm sure Dumbledore brought you along for a reason Percy. I mean, you did part the ocean so we didn't have to get wet."

"I supplied Riptide so Dumbledore could make a blood sacrifice." I countered. Harry sighed.

"This is really important Percy. We need to find this Horcrux." I sighed.

"I know, I know. I just feel like I'm dead weight or something." Harry chuckled, turning his attention back to Dumbledore.

"What about me? I haven't done anything." I turned to Dumbledore who somehow managed to get a thick green chain appear out of thin air. Considering what I've seen this guy do, I didn't really question it.

The chain began to coil itself, pulling something out of the water. Eventually, without even causing a ripple, a boat appeared, floating towards us.

"How did you know that was there?" Harry asked, amazement in his vocie.

"Magic always leaves traces. Sometimes very distinctive traces. I taught Tom Riddle. I know his style." Who the Hades is this Tom Riddle guy?! I thought this thing would stop Voldemort? Does Riddle work for Voldemort?!

"Is...is the boat safe?"

"Oh yes, I think so." Someone should really inform him that "I think so" is not a comforting phrase. "Voldemort needed to create a means to cross the lake without attracting the wrath of those creatures he had placed within it in case he ever wanted to visit or remove his Horcrux."

Wait I thought Riddle put the boat there...so Riddle works for Voldemort who forced him to put the boat there. I got it!!

"So those things won't hurt us of we cross using Voldemort's boat?"

"I think we must resign ourselves to the fact that they will, at some point, realize we are not Lord Voldemort. Thus far, however, we have done well. They have allowed us to raise the boat."

"But why?" I asked.

"Voldemort would have been reasonably confident that none but a very great wizard would have been able to find the boat. I think he would have been prepared to risk what was, to his mind, the most unlikely possibility that somebody else would find it, knowing that he had set other obstacles ahead that only he would be able to penetrate. We shall see whether he is right." Dumbledore explained. Harry and I looked down at the boat.

"It doesn't look like it was built for three people--."

"Dude, it doesn't look like it was built for two people."

"Will it hold all of us? Will we be too heavy together?"Dumbledore chuckled.

"Voldemort would not have cared about weight, but about the amount of magical power that crossed his lake. I rather think an enchantment will have been placed upon this boat so that only one wizard at a time will be able to sail in it."

"But then--?"

"I do not think you will count Harry. You are underage and under qualified. Voldemort would never expected a sixteen year old to reach this place; I think it unlikely that your powers will register compared to mine." I was about ask what about me, but Dumbledore continued on.

"Voldemort's mistake Harry, Voldemort's mistake....Age is Foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth...Now you first this time, Mister Jackson afterwards, and careful not touch the water." Harry carefully climbed in the boat and I looked at Dumbledore.

"What about my power? Will it register? I mean, I am a son of one of the Big Three...that's a big deal back in my world..."

"I think your energy is different than mine and Harrys, and therefore will not be noticed." Nodding, I climbed in, squeezing next to Harry to make room for Dumbledore. We couldn't exactly fit comfortably and I almost wished that I was Jason or Aang so I could just fly right to the middle.

The boat moved slowly, and I mean painfully slow. I wished I had the wind that Hermes gave us when we were trying to find the Sea of Monsters and Grover.

"Professor!!" Harry suddenly exclaimed, causing me to jump.

"Harry?" I quickly followed my friends eyes and saw nothing. What scared him?

"I think I saw a hand in the water-- a human hand!!" Please let him be wrong, please let him be wrong.

"Yes, I'm sure you did." Dumbledore said calmly. Harry scanned the water, bringing his wand closer to the water.

"So that thing that jumped out of the water--?" Dumbledore was saved from answering us when the boat moved, and Harry's wand light shone down on a dead man lying facing up beneath the surface, eyes open and looking right at us. I thought I was going to be sick, it was kind of gross.

"There are bodies in there!!" Harry cried out, his vocie sounding abnormally high.

"Dead bodies at that..." I muttered. My brain went to learning about Greek History, how Misako explained to us how much the Greeks (and Romans) cared about burials, as if you didn't get one you didn't end up crossing the river into the Underworld. Having been to the Underworld before, I knew how hard it was to cross over without proper payment, and I felt bad for every single person in this lake.

"Yes, but we do not need to worry about them at the moment."

"At the moment?!" Harry and I exclaimed together, whipping around and looking at Dumbledore.

"Not while they are merely drifting peacefully below us." He said calmly. "There is nothing to be feared from a body, any more than there is anything to be feared from the darkness. Lord Voldemort, who of course secretly fears both--." Of course. "-- disagrees. But once again, he reveals his own lack of wisdom. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Having some idea of what he meant by that, I tried to think of something else other than dead bodies and going to the Underworld. Where Annabeth was...if Annabeth was okay...if she was alive....okay, this is a worse topic, moving on...

"But one of them jumped. When I tried Summoning the Horcrux, a body leapt out of the lake." Maybe it wanted to play leap frog, I thought to myself.

"Yes, I am sure that once we take the Horcrux, we shall find them less peaceable. However, like many creatures that dwell in cold and darkness, they fear light and warmth, which we shall therefore call to our aid should the need arise." I blinked. Are we summoning Apollo or Hephaestus?

"Fire." Dumbledore added with a smile, when Harry and I looked at him blankly.

"Oh...right." Harry said quickly, looking out into the darkness. Part of me wondered what he was thinking about...maybe Ron and Hermione...maybe Ginny...the other part of me wondered if he ever tried picking at his scar...then it'd be a scab...right?

"Nearly there." Dumbledore spoke up, offly cheerful. Don't know what he was happy about, but whatever.

The boat came to a stop, bumping into what I saw thanks to Harry's wand, a small island of smooth rock.

"Careful not to touch the water." Dumbledore reminded us, as we climbed out of the boat.

I looked around and up at the source of the creepy green light. It was a lot brighter up close, and it looked like a lamp, but I'm not sure that was it. When Dumbledore started walking up to it, and Harry and I followed him, I saw it was more like a stone basin, on top of a pedestal. Once we got up there, I saw it was full of an emerald liquad, which flashed warning signs in my head.

"What is it?" Harry asked quietly.

"I am not sure." Dumbledore said. "Something more worrisome than blood and bodies however." That's just...fantastic. I thought to myself. Professor Dumbledore pushed back his sleeve and reached out to touch the weird emerald potion.

"Sir, not don't touch--."

"I cannot touch. See? I cannot approach any nearer than this. You try." Dumbledore said, with a faint smile. Harry reached out his hand and try to touch it, but was met by like, an invisible barrier. Like Susan Storm was preventing him from touching it by making a force field around the basin.

"Percy, try and move it." Harry said quickly, backing up. Nodding slightly, I held out my hand. I had moved poison before, and I hoped this potion was no different.

Despite using all of my focus, and thinking of nothing else, the potion barley moved an inch. I tried harder, but the only thing that happened was my hand began to burn.

"Out of the way, please, Percy." I stepped back, rubbing my hand slightly.

"You okay?" I nodded, watching Dumbledore make complicated movements and whatnot over the surface.

"Yeah. Don't think I can try anything else for awhile through. Despite it not doing anything, it was tiring."

"Aguamenti." Water splashed over me, and naturally I felt better.

"Thanks." Harry nodded, turning back to Dumbledore, who had stopped moving his wand around and muttered stuff like a weirdo under his breath.

"You think the Horcrux is in there sir?"

"Oh yes. But how to reach it? This potion cannot be penetrated by hand, Vanished, parted, scooped up or siphoned away, nor can it be Transfigured, Charmed, or otherwise made to change its nature." Or manipulated by a child of Poseidon, I added silently in my head.

Dumbledore once again waved his wand and appeared a crystal cup. Or goblet would be the better word....if you weren't American, I guess.

"I can only conclusion that this potion is supposed to be drunk."

"What?! No!"

"Yeah, I'm with Harry on this one, that seems like a really bad idea."

"Only by drinking it can I empty the basin and see what lies in its depths."

"But what if it kills you?" Have fun explaining that to the Ministry of Magic.

"Oh I doubt it would work like that." Dumbledore said easily. "Lord Voldemort would not want to kill the person who reached this island." The look on Harry's face was priceless. He was looking at him like he was crazy, and personally think Dumbledore was crazy.

"Sir, this is Voldemort we're talking about here." He said, trying not to loose it on Professor Dumbledore.

"I'm sorry Harry; I should have said, he would not want to immediately kill the person who reached this island. He would want to keep them alive long enough to find out how they managed to penetrate so far through defenses and, most importantly of all, why they were so intent upon emptying the basin. Do not forget that Lord Voldemort believes that he alone knows about his Horcruxs." Dumbledore corrected and explained. I frowned slightly.

"Do you think he'll treat Hero High the same way? Like, with the defenses and stuff." Professor Dumbledore nodded.

"Yes, I believe he will Percy. Getting back to Hero High will not be an easy task." Dumbledore looked down at the potion and went back to the topic of what the creepy liquid would do.

"Undoubtedly, this potion must act in a way that will prevent me taking the Horcrux. It might paralyze me, cause me to forget what I am here for, create so much pain I am distracted, or render me incapable in some other way. This being the case Harry, and Percy, it will be your job to make sure I keep drinking, even if you have to tip the potion into my protesting mouth. Do you understand?" Harry and I glanced at each other, both of us silent. Is this why we were here? To feed one of our mentors poison just to get some stupid Horcrux?

"Harry, do you remember the condition on which I brought you with me?" Harry turned his eyes to Dumbledore.

"But what if--."

"You swore, did you not, to follow any command I gave you?"

"Yes, but--."

"I warned you, did I not, that there might be danger?" I guess he just assumed I would know there would be danger. Being a demigod and all I guess...

"Yes, but--."

'Well then," Dumbledore pushed up his sleeves once more and raised the goblet. "You have my orders."

"Why can't I or Percy drink the potion instead?!" Harry asked desperately. Did he just volunteer me?

"Because I am much older, much cleverer and much less valuable." I could see why everyone respected Dumbledore. Even Chiron, who was like a million years older than him, he still respected Albus (who names their kid Albus?) Dumbledore. I think even Fury respected him, and I don't think Fury respected anyone.

"Once and for all Harry, and you Percy, do I have your word that you will do all in your power to make me keep drinking?"

"Couldn't--?"

"Do I have it?"

"But sir--."

"Your word."

"I-- all right, but---."

"You have my word Professor. Demigods honor." At that, before Harry could protest anymore, Dumbledore filled up the cup full of the potion.

"Your good heath Harry. And you Perseus." And he drank it. The whole cup. Nothing really happened expect Harry and I just watching him in silence.

Well, something happened once he hit the fourth glass. Halfway through it, he fell forward against the basin, eyes closed, breathing heavy.

"Professor Dumbledore? Can you hear me?" Harry asked, vocie strained. The ADHD part of me wondered how I would react if this was Chiron instead, and I didn't like seeing myself in the same position Harry was in.

"Professor can you hear me?" Harry repeated, when Dumbledore gave him no answer. My eyes widened when I finally heard him speak, and I didn't think men like Dumbledore could sound so frightened.

"I don't want....don't make me..." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry froze. He didn't know what to do.

"Don't like....want to stop..." Dumbledore moaned. I swallowed nervously, and spoke up, hoping to restart Harry and get him moving again.

"You can't stop Professor. You've got to keep drinking remember? You told Harry and I that you had to keep drinking." Harry looked and me and nodded, tipping the cup back towards Dumbledore's mouth, forcing him to drink the reminder of the potion inside. I could tell he hated it so much.

"I don't want to...I don't want to...let me go." Dumbledore muttered, as Harry passed it to me to refill it.

"It's alright Professor, don't worry this cup will make it stop." Harry lied, tipping the contents into Dumbledore's open mouth.

He screamed. He screamed loudly and the echo around the chamber didn't help.

"No, no, no, no, no, I can't, I can't, don't make me, I don't want to..."

"It's alright Professor, it's alright." I said, lying right through my teeth. As Harry fed him the potion, I prayed to the Fates that we'd all make it out okay. I prayed to Apollo for Dumbledore's health, I prayed to Athena to give me the wisdom to get me out of here, I prayed to Ares to give me strength, I prayed to the Fates again to make sure Dumbledore didn't die here and I prayed to Fortuna or Nike whatever her name was for good luck. Zeus knows we need it.

I did all of this while trying to tune out Dumbledore. It wasn't pleasant, listening to him beg and cry for help. To make it stop. I imagined it was worse for Harry.

"Please, please, please no...not that, not that I'll do anything."

"Just drink Professor, just drink." Watching Dumbledore drink the potion made me sick to my stomach...he kept trusting whatever Harry said, despite the fact that it made him feel worse...

"We're nearly there Professor. Drink this, drink it." Clenching my fist, I began to pace, trying to think of anything else other than what was happening right next to me. The only time I want my ADHD to distract me, it doesn't. Just my luck.

"I want to die! I want to die! Make it stop, make it stop, I want to die!!"

"Just drink this Professor, we're almost done..." Looking at the Basin, I saw Harry was right. About one more cup to go, and it is over. We can get the stupid Horcrux, get on the stupid boat, sail across the stupid lake, I can part the stupid sea and we can teleport back home, and Mrs. Weasley can call me "Percy Dear" make me a meal that makes me feel like I'm at home!!

Home...Mom...I wondered how she was. Last time I fought a giant battle (like we're going to have to do to get Hero High back) I made sure she knew I was alright....

I made a note to write to her as soon as we got back.

"No!!" Jumping up and pulling out Riptide, I turned just in time to see Dumbledore collapse. Instantly I ran over and helped Harry turn him on his back.

"I thought it wasn't poison?!"

"He said it wasn't poison!!"

"Is he dead!? He can't die!! He's too old to die!!" Shut up alright? I'm panicking here. Harry whipped out his wand and held it over Dumbledore.

"Rennervate!!" Nothing happened.

"Rennervate!! Sir, please get up!!" Dumbledore's eyes opened and I thanked the Fates about a million times for Harry and I.

"Professor are you?."

"Water." He croaked out.

"Water, yes....Percy will you--." Nodding I ran up and grabbed the cup, not really caring about the locket underneath. I tossed it to Harry, and he did the water spell again.

"Aguamenti!!" Harry brought the cup to his lips but pulled away in confusion.

"It's gone..."

"Gone? How?"

"I don't know!! Aguamenti!!" I guess the same thing happened, because Harry started to get frustrated.

"Aguamenti!! Aguamenti!!!! AGUAMENTI!!" Nothing. What was more concerning was Harry's weird look at the lake.

"Harry Potter, you better not--." He did.

Flinging himself down and over the edge of the rock, he plunged the cup into the lake and filling it to the top. Instantly, I picked up Riptide when I saw the white hand reach out and grab Harry.

Styx.

Jumping down, I sliced straight through the creatures arm, before it could pull Harry any closer to the water.

"Well this isn't good." I said, helping him up.

"Master of the obvious I can see. Petrificus Totalus!!" He called out crumpling some of them, but more climb up. Nothing creepier than seeing their blank, pale frosted faces and eyes watching us.

"Petrificus Totalus!!" He yelled out again. I jumped down and started kicking some down back into the water, only to have them crawl back out. I guess when you're a dead water creature you don't really care about having missing limbs.

"Percy can't you do something with the water?! Impedimenta!! Impedimenta!!" Raising both of my hands, I tried to freeze the water, trapping them inside. I guess Lord Voldemort or Tom Riddle or whoever thought of that, because when I finally got it to freeze, it unfroze, or the creatures would just break through.

"Nope, try something else!!" I called out, slashing one and kicking another back.

"Sectumsempra!! SECTUMSEMPRA!!" Gashes like the ones I made with Riptide appeared but did nothing to the creatures.

What was it Dumbledore said? Oh right. Fire. Great time to be Leo I guess...or you know, not be the son of Poseidon.

"Harry try--." I jumped up when from the darkness, as if Harry read my mind, fire erupted around us. Circling us in fire, I looked up to see Dumbledore...he was alive.

Dumbledore walked over to the basin, picked up the locket and stored it in his pocket. I jumped up and ran over, helping Harry up and following Dumbledore back down to the boat.

"Sir, I forgot....about fire...they were coming at Percy and I and I panicked." Harry explained, panting.

"Quite understandable." Dumbledore said, vocie faint. It was surprising how faint it was....

I couldn't wait to get out of the boat once it hit the bank. I jumped out, barley giving Dumbledore enough time to drop the ring of Fire around us. Once out, I spun around and helped Harry get Dumbledore out.

"Percy can you still split the water?" I nodded.

"Yes, I think so." Think so is not a comforting phrase Percy, I thought to myself.

Harry pulled Dumbledore's uninjured arm around his shoulder, and I took his injured one, and together we guided him around the lake.

"The protection....was well-designed.....one alone could not have done it...You both did very well." Despite the situation, I still smiled.

"Thank you....sir." Ignoring Harry's weird look, I stopped at the cave door.

"Just save your energy sir, we'll soon be out of here. Percy will spilt the water for us, then we can Apparate back to the Grimmald place."

"Will the archway be sealed again?" I asked, not happy with the nod of response from Dumbledore. Time to get out Riptide again....Wait where was...? Oh. In my pocket. Never mind.

"No need for Riptide Percy. I got a cut on the rock. I just need to know where the archway is."

"Here...." Dumbledore said quietly, just barley pointing in front of us. Harry wiped his arm on the rock, and satisfied with its payment, the archway opened once more. Shifting Dumbledore over to Harry, I quickly started to split the sea. I only got about halfway, but I just decided to move the opening as we walked. Much simpler.

"It's going to be all right sir." Harry said to Dumbledore, as we crossed. I felt like Moses, and I was about to make a joke, but memories of Spidey explaining how he made jokes in battle and was repeatedly shot at, I decided against it.

"We're nearly there Professor. Don't worry." Over the ocean, I could just barley hear what Dumbledore said next.

"I'm not worried Harry. I am with you." Awwww......

Once back on the semi-saftey of the rocks, Harry was about to Apparate before Dumbledore spoke up.

"Harry, please take us to Hogsmead." I blinked while Harry nodded.

"Um, what's Hogsmead?" Before I could get my answer, I forced back into the terrible feeling of Apparation. Seriously, why did wizards willing travel this way?

Finally I could breathe again, and instantly I missed the salty sea air. I also noticed that it was morning, which gave me a weird feeling in my stomach.

"This is Hogsmead. It's near Hogwarts...why are we here Professor?" Hogsmead. Hogwarts. Wizard world has an obsession with Hogs apparently.

"I need a few things...from my old office. Important things, along with a meeting I have to attend to."

"A meeting? With who?"

"Things so important you left in an abandoned school?" I asked.

"Percy!!" Harry hissed.

"I'm just saying. If they're so important, why leave them in an abandoned school?" Dumbledore chuckled quietly at my question.

"Hogwarts is not abandoned, just as Camp Half Blood is not abandoned. After the first year, and Dolores's visit, it was decided young wizards would go to Hogwarts until their fifth year; then they could decide to attend Hero High, or for most Slytherin's, the Reformatory. Haven't you noticed most wizards and witches only have one class that is just for them now?" Doc Strange and Doc Fate, Mystic Arts. I was actually curious about that, but not enough to ask.

"You two can head back to Grimmald place now. Let Molly know that I will be gone for a few more days. You both need your rest." Harry and I looked hesitantly at each other before nodding.

"Yes Professor. " We choursed.

"Will you be okay Professor?" Harry asked, stepping back. Dumbledore nodded.

"Yes Harry, I believe I will be fine. Now go; I'm sure there is much work for you both to do." I grabbed Harry's hand, and looked at him smirking.

"If I loose an arm here, I'm blaming you." He chuckled.

"Don't worry; I'll make sure it isn't your sword arm." Before we could Apparate, Dumbledore turned to us once again, giving one last piece of advice.

"Protect each other. Protect your school. Protect your friends. Be Heroes." I smirked.

"Always sir." And we were gone.

Unfortunately, I guess Harry wasn't exactly thinking straight, because we didn't end up at the Grimmald place and he didn't have enough energy to try it again.

Which meant walking. Yay.

Way to go Harry. Ten points for Gryffindor.

I just hoped we got back before anything big happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 777 74
basically stories of your favourite fictional characters using the alphabet Started: feb.14.20 Ended: apr.02.24 MOST but NOT ALL are xreaders Shows...
289 18 18
This Content is Rated G with Mild Instances of Fantasy Violence, Crude Humor, and Comic Mischief. The Students are returning for the Spring Semester...
13.5K 523 18
It's AU everyone is age up so they're all 16/17years old Because of personal reason you moved to a new High school You thought it would be hard to...
2.6K 59 18
SLOW UPDATES Formally known as MARVEL (oneshots) i wrote this for myself but if you want to read it go ahead all are welcome In most chapters the rea...