That Stupid List (A Seventeen...

By NueNeen

She was an introvert that stored her life away in a diary. Upon entering college, she wished to stay under th... More

Chapter 1: Demon
Chapter 2: Religion
Chapter 3: The Third Wheel
Chapter 4: Becoming Cupid
Chapter 5: Awkward
Chapter 6: Secondary
Chapter 7: Adding to the List
Chapter 8: Junhui
Chapter 9: Distant
Chapter 10: The Beginning
Chapter 11: The Final List
Chapter 12: He Read It
Chapter 13: Sick
Chapter 14: I Hate Him
Chapter 15: Invaded
Chapter 16: Confessions, Requests and Apologies
Chapter 17: Study Study Study
Chapter 18: So Confused
Chapter 20: Confirmation
Chapter 21: The Party
Chapter 22: To Reject or Not to Reject
Chapter 23: Waning Splendor
Chapter 24: Scarring Memories
Chapter 25: On Another Plane
Chapter 26: The Rumor
Chapter 27: Grey Cloud
Chapter 28: Acting Strange
Chapter 29: Dirty
Chapter 30: Clearly Good-Looking
Chapter 31: The Envelope
Chapter 32: Owing Him
Chapter 33: Nameema
Chapter 34: Interruption
Chapter 35: Yalange
Chapter 36: Impersonation
Chapter 37: At the Restaurant
Chapter 38: My Heart Hurts
Chapter 39: A Secret
Chapter 40: Confusing Comfort
Chapter 41: Eventful
Chapter 42: A Second Time
Chapter 43: Posters
Chapter 44: Wedge
Chapter 45: Hot Tea
Chapter 46: Sinking in Darkness
Chapter 47: So Fickle
Chapter 48: Frostbite
Chapter 49: Better
Chapter 50: Most Unexpected
Chapter 51: Uncomfortable
Chapter 52: Never in Peace
Chapter 53: Self-Conscious
Chapter 54: Blush
Chapter 55: Violations
Chapter 56: Another List
Chapter 57: A Creep
Chapter 58: Friendship Code
Chapter 59: Non-Committal
Chapter 60: Heavily Indebted
Chapter 61: Gutter
Chapter 62: Clarity
Chapter 63: Evidence
Chapter 64: Rejection of Justice
Chapter 65: The Last Time
Chapter 66: A Trip
Chapter 67: Coming Clean
Chapter 68: Secrets Out
Chapter 69: Denial
Chapter 70: When I Fall
Chapter 71: Apologetic
Chapter 72: A Spark
Chapter 73: Reaching
Chapter 74: Gossip
Chapter 75: Confrontation
Chapter 76: Namu Amita Bul
Chapter 77: Cold Little Quiet Girl
Chapter 78: Goodbye Diary
Spin-Off #1: Literal
Spin-Off #2: Christmas Break
Spin-Off #3: Burden

Chapter 19: Theology Grades

3.7K 201 59
By NueNeen

Usually Jin was anxious when the professor gives out the grades, but this time, Jin was not really anxious for her own grade. Rather, she was more anxious about Vernon's.

Jin did no more than glance at her grade: 94%. She didn't flip through it to see what questions she got wrong; she was more interested in seeing Vernon's expression when he got his grade.

When professor gave Vernon his exam, Jin examined his expression to deduce what he could have gotten. He looked satisfied. He was smiling slightly. As soon as he looked at the grade he averted his eyes to meet Jin's. He winked at her.

Jin blushed and looked away from him. She wondered what the wink meant.

He could not have possibly gotten 100%, could he? she thought. He couldn't have. She couldn't even manage to get 100%, so there's no way in hell that he could have.

She found out what he got later in that day. She was in the library doing readings when she felt someone tap her shoulder. It was Vernon with the test paper in his hand. He sat down beside her, a grin on his face.

"Aren't you curious?" he asked her, raising his eyebrows obnoxiously.

"Not really," she lied.

"Liar," he responded, "I bet you're wishing that it was 100%."

She narrowed her eyes. What an absurd thing to say, she thought.

"Here," he handed it to her.

She glanced at the paper. 78%. She let out a sigh of relief. It was stupid of her to worry in the first place.

"That's like 50% more than what I thought I would get before last night. I don't usually thank people, but I will thank you, Frostbite. My mom will be proud." He strangely did not seem sarcastic this time.

"You're welcome," she replied with a bow.

"What did you get?" he asked.

"None of your business," she responded.

"100%?"

"None of your business," she repeated.

"My money's on 100%."

"I'm not going to tell you," she said.

Vernon grinned at her, but then he suddenly leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Jin's mouth hung wide open in surprise at what he just did. She blushed and touched her cheek.

"A deal's a deal," he said to her with a smirk.

"What?" she was so confused.

"The deal was: full marks, I get a kiss. I never said who it was that has to get the full marks, or if getting a kiss means giving one or receiving it."

Jin jaw still hung open; she didn't know what to make of this trick or lie or whatever it was that Vernon had just pulled.

"I didn't get full marks," Jin felt the need to say for some reason.

"You didn't? Aw." he reached out and wiped area the on Jin's cheek that he had kissed. "Now it's gone," he said. He winked at her and then stood up and left.

Jin was still in a daze. This was literally the first time a guy other than one of her relatives had kissed her.

She was so frustrated and flustered all at the same time. There were so many emotions inside of her, and she needed to something to help her channel them immediately.

She put down her readings and took out her diary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

Something so weird happened.

It's actually not that weird, but it was so weird for me. Vernon kissed my cheek. He tricked me, I think. I don't know what he did actually. He said that the deal we made about getting 100% and getting a kiss was not about me giving him a kiss or something. I don't know if it's true or if he's just being obnoxious as usual.

Oh God, I hate him.

He kissed me, and when I told him I did not get 100%, he used his thumb and wiped it off my cheek and then left.

I don't why he did that? Is it part of his flirtatious nature? Did he just want to annoy me as much as possible?

It felt so weird when it happened. On one hand, it made me angry that he just did it as if I were his doll that he could touch and kiss whenever he felt like it. On the other hand, it was a kiss. And those things always make you feel nice, no matter who they're from.

I blushed. It felt shy. I felt ridiculous. It's not that I like him (I actually hate him), but he confused me.

I'm probably making a big deal out of this. It's just a stupid kiss and he probably just did it to be annoying and to uphold his Casanova status.

I hate him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 162 19
Choi, a brown haired korean girl with looks that can draw thier eyes on to them , is in her 3rd year In a rich Korean high school. Her family is very...
1.1K 39 31
"If risking is the only way to get closer to you then he might as well will risk his life for you and If you're the biggest sin on the earth, then he...
1.7K 80 22
Coming from a wealthy family was never the major flex in her life. To others, she might come off as a rich spoilt brat but the reality was far from w...
598 32 14
when the the two most popular students in the school are getting chased by fangirls and fanboys. they were both tired of people following them but w...