WILD ➞ Fred Weasley

By rxmione

YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well... More

disclaimers
trailers
WILD
graphic gallery
epigraph
prologue
PART ONE
i. lockhart and lockdowns
ii. summer's a knife
iii. baby, please come home!
iv. pretty boy
v. winter days drifting away
vi. hypothetically speaking
vii. the end of an era
PART TWO
viii. this is why we can't have nice things
ix. new term, new death-trap
x. good times and age lines
xi. love stinks
xii. yule-posals
xiii. a winter's ball
xiv. blame it on the alcohol
xv. the black lake
xvi. spicy pisces
xvii. all for nothing at all
xviii. life and death
PART THREE
xix. like father, like daughter
xx. smells like amortentia
xxi. midnight memories
xxii. badges, brooms, and brothers
xxiii. hog's head
xxiv. the highs and lows of inter-house quidditch
xxv. locker room kisses
xxvi. bring your daughter to work day
xxvii. a very grimmauld christmas (part one)
xxviii. a very grimmauld christmas (part two)
PART FOUR
xxix. much ado about something
xxx. stupid cupid
xxxi. chivalry is not dead
xxxii. secret secret, i've got a secret
xxxiii. there's no crying in quidditch
xxxiv. sparks fly
xxxv. unpathed waters, undreamed shores
xxxvi. george and fred's dramatic departure
xxxvii. blessed be the peacemakers
xxxviii. dusk 'till dawn
PART FIVE
xxxix. opening day
xl. infatuation
xli. any way the wind blows
xlii. clean
xliii. the order of the pheonix
xliv. nasty nineteen
xlv. 'twas the night before christmas
xlvi. last christmas
xlvii. snowmageddon
xlviii. my funny valentine
xlix. family ties
l. song sung blue
li. funeral
PART SIX
lii. the one
liii. lover's quarrel
liv. holier than thou
lv. happy birthday, harry! sorry your party's so lame
lvi. marriage is what brings us together
lvii. ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies
A/N (ANNOUNCEMENT!)
lviii. the morning after
lix. 'o brother, where art thou
lx. potterwatch
lxi. sweet child o' mine
lxii. birthday at the burrow
lxiii. but it's not like chrismtas at all
lxiv. the babysitter's club
lxvi. elysium
lxvii. ollivander
lxviii. one day more
lxix. as the world caves in
lxx. may third
epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
ALTERNATE ENDING #1
A/N!!

lxv. girl's night in

49.3K 1.3K 837
By rxmione

SIXTY FIVE

"DID THEY TELL YOU THE PASSWORD?" Angelina asked, leaning across the dinning table, her fingertips firmly planted on the wooden surface.

Rory nodded, "Of course they did. It's been a while since the last broadcast, I hope people haven't forgotten about it."

"Forgotten?" Marina scoffed, "Rory... Angie and I check for it every day. It's like the only thing that brings people any comfort, makes them feel involved somehow."

"There's never any good news on it," Rory shrugged, "It does help though. Bringing people justice, honoring them. I just wish it wasn't happening in the first place."

"Fancy a butterbeer?" Angelina asked, opening the fridge. Rory nodded and the girl tossed her the glass bottle. She caught it swiftly, thanks to years of being a Chaser. Marina had her's carefully handed to her.

"Thanks," Rory nodded, opening the bottle and drinking the contents, the sweet beverage sliding coldly down her throat. "Lupin is on tonight, and Kingsley."

"And..." Marina looked up, big brown eyes wide with worry.

"Just Fred, don't worry," Rory shook her head, "You know he misses you terribly, though."

Angelina rolled her eyes, "Oh, please! He can cry me a bloody river."

Marina shot her roommate a harsh look and sighed, "We ended on good terms, how many times do I need to tell you, Angie? We're going to get back together once this is all over."

Angelina have Rory and look, making it seem as if the girl did not believe Marina in saying that. It seemed Mar didn't believe it herself.

"You haven't... gotten with anyone else since the breakup?" Rory asked.

Marina froze, a hot red shade covering her round face, "N-No... has he? Oh my goodness, he has! I mean, I guess we aren't together so I don't have the right —"

"Mar! Slow down!" Rory said with a soft chuckle, "He hasn't either. I'm sure he's just as broken up as you are. I mean, he definitely is. You don't have anything to worry about."

Marina took a deep breath and nodded, then took a large gulp of butterbeer. Rory softly shook her head at the situation. George was noble but foolish at the same time. She understood why George broke up with Marina, but Rory also found it a bit pointless. She was in danger either way. If anything it was worse for the two to be lonely during such times.

Rory pointed her wand at the radio and mumbled, "Albus." The dials spun and the Potterwatch broadcast was beginning.

The three girls listened as Lee spoke.

"Welcome back to Potterwatch! I'm your host, River. We apologize for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters. No worry though, we have now found ourselves another secure location, today we're joined by a few regular contributors! Evening, boys!"

"Hi!" Fred's cheerful voice said.

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," Lee went on, "let's take a moment to report those deaths that the Wizarding Wireless Network News and Daily Prophet don't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell."

Rory held her breath, grabbing tightly to Angelina's hand. She shut her eyes and squeezed tight. Potterwatch had been keeping an eye on those travelers since they started. It didn't help the part of her that wished to be hopeful about Aaron.

"Meanwhile, in Gaddley, a Muggle family of five has been found dead in their home. Muggle authorities are attributing the deaths to a gas leak, but members of the Order of the Phoenix inform me that it was the Killing Curse — more evidence, as if it were needed, of the fact that Muggle slaughter is becoming little more than a recreational sport under the new regime.

"Finally, we regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that she died several months ago. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic.

"Listeners, I'd like to invite you now to join us in a minute's silence in memory of Ted Tonks, Dirk Cresswell, Bathilda Bagshot, Gornuk, and the unnamed, but no less regretted, Muggles murdered by the Death Eaters."

The silence lasted longer than normal. It was more dreadful than it usually was.

Luckily, Lee's voice cut back in before Rory's mind could stray somewhere unwelcoming.

"Thank you. And now we turn to regular contributor Royal, for an update on how the new Wizarding order is affecting the Muggle world."

Royal, aka Kingsly's deep, soothing voice spoke, "Thanks, River. Muggles remain ignorant of the source of their suffering as they continue to sustain heavy casualties. However, we continue to hear truly inspirational stories of wizards and witches risking their own safety to protect Muggle friends and neighbors, often without the Muggles' knowledge. I'd like to appeal to all our listeners to emulate their example, perhaps by casting a protective charm over any Muggle dwellings in your street. Many lives could be saved if such simple measures are taken."

"And what would you say, Royal, to those listeners who reply that in these dangerous times, it should be 'Wizards first'?" asked Lee.

"I'd say that it's one short step from 'Wizards first' to 'Purebloods first,' and then to 'Death Eaters,'" replied Kingsley. "We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

Angelina was nodding vigorously next to Rory, her braids bouncing rapidly up and down.

"Excellently put, Royal, and you've got my vote for Minister of Magic if ever we get out of this mess," said Lee. "And now, over to Romulus for our popular feature 'Pals of Potter.'"

"Thanks, River," Remus spoke. Marina smiled at the familiar voice, so did Rory.

"Romulus, do you maintain, as you have every time you've appeared on our program, that Harry Potter is still alive?"

"I do," Remus said firmly. "There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by the Death Eaters if it had happened, because it would strike a deadly blow at the morale of those resisting the new regime. 'The Boy Who Lived' remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting."

"D'you think he's right? About Harry?" Angelina asked quietly.

Rory nodded, "Yes. We've got nothing else except his word. It's the only hope we have."

"And what would you say to Harry if you knew he was listening, Romulus?" Lee asked.

"I'd tell him we're all with him in spirit," said Remus. Then he hesitated. "And I'd tell him to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right."

"Good advice, as always. Thank you for that. And now our usual update on those friends of Harry Potter's who are suffering for their allegiance," Lee said.

"Well, as regular listeners will know, several of the more outspoken supporters of Harry Potter have now been imprisoned, including Xenophilius Lovegood, erstwhile editor of The Quibbler," said Lupin. "Aaron Archer as well as Luna Lovegood are still missing after being taken due to pro-Harry Potter rhetoric..."

Rory knew Remus wanted to add because of their fathers, but didn't.

"We have also heard within the last few hours that Rubeus Hagrid" — the girls looked around at each other in shock — "well-known gamekeeper at Hogwarts School, has narrowly escaped arrest within the grounds of Hogwarts, where he is rumored to have hosted a 'Support Harry Potter' party in his house. However, Hagrid was not taken into custody, and is, we believe, on the run."

"Hagrid?" Marina whispered, "on the run?"

"I suppose it helps, when escaping from Death Eaters, if you've got a sixteen-foot-high half brother?" asked Lee.

"It would tend to give you an edge," agreed Lupin gravely. "May I just add that while we here at Potterwatch applaud Hagrid's spirit, we would urge even the most devoted of Harry's supporters against following Hagrid's lead. 'Support Harry Potter' parties are unwise in the present climate."

"Indeed they are, Romulus," said Lee, "so we suggest that you continue to show your devotion to the man with the lightning scar by listening to Potterwatch! And now let's move to news concerning the wizard who is proving just as elusive as Harry Potter. We like to refer to him as the Chief Death Eater, and here to give his views on some of the more insane rumors circulating about him, Rodent!"

"How many bloody times have I told you it's Rapier?!" Fred said, his aggression almost visible.

"Oh, all right then. 'Rapier,' could you please give us your take on the various stories we've been hearing about the Chief Death Eater?"

"Yes, River, I can," said Fred. "As our listeners will know, unless they've taken refuge at the bottom of a garden pond or somewhere similar, You-Know-Who's strategy of remaining in the shadows is creating a nice little climate of panic. Mind you, if all the alleged sightings of him are genuine, we must have a good nineteen You-Know-Whos running around the place."

"Which suits him, of course," said Kingsley.

"The air of mystery is creating more terror than actually showing himself."

"Agreed," said Fred. "So, people, let's try and calm down a bit. Things are bad enough without inventing stuff as well. For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That's a basilisk, listeners. One simple test: Check whether the thing that's glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it's safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do."

The girls softly giggled at his humor. He always had a way of changing the tone of things.

"And the rumors that he keeps being sighted abroad?" asked Lee.

"Well, who wouldn't want a nice little holiday after all the hard work he's been putting in?" asked Fred. "Point is, people, don't get lulled into a false sense of security, thinking he's out of the country. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to, so don't count on him being a long way away if you're planning on taking any risks. I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but safety first!"

"Thank you very much for those wise words, Rapier," said Lee. "Listeners, that brings us to the end of another Potterwatch. We don't know when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can be sure we shall be back. Keep twiddling those dials: The next password will be 'Mad- Eye.' Keep each other safe: Keep faith. Good night."

The dian spun and a soft Muggle song sang out from the small radio. Angelina shut it off and silence fell over the room. Rory looked at her best friends with worry. She knew Angelina was going to fight as hard as she would when the time came, ready on the front lines. Marina would too, she would just go about it with a softer nature than Angelina. That was just how they were, and Rory loved them all the same. She wanted them to be safe, but it was impossible during a war. If they couldn't be safe they needed to be strong, which they were. They were a strongest girls Rory ever knew, she looked up to them almost.

Marina was the first to speak, "That's sort of... uplifting, I guess."

"This whole thing is just watching a pot reach it's boiling point," Angelina groaned, "and it's taking bloody forever!"

"I just know something big is going to happen soon..." Marina sighed, "I'm just so restless."

Rory nodded, "I know the feeling. I can't believe the shop is still in business and we haven't been targeted yet. Although it's been a while since I've actually... been outside. George and Fred have said they see all sorts of sketchy characters walking about."

Marina shuddered, "Sounds awful."

The Archer girl finished her butterbeer in a long sip, "It is. But, things could always be worse."

Aaron probably had it worse, wherever he was. Maybe out in the woods or locked in a dungeon... she didn't want to imagine what he was going through.

"I'll drink to that," Angelina sighed, "S'late, want to stay the night, Ror."

Rory shook her head, "Freddie is expecting me back soon, says there's something he bought for me... I dunno I think it's a romantic gesture but by the sounds of it I doubt it's even for me."

Marina giggled, "Oooh! Well you mustn't keep him waiting! You two go have fun."

"Right," Rory smiled, "Well, thank you ladies for the butterbeer and the banter, I'll hopefully see you... soon. I love you both."

The girl hugged her dearest friends and said goodbye, hopefully a temporary one. Then, she apparated away, back to her flat where Fred was waiting with a wide grin on his face and a small box of something lace in his hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.4K 44
"We aren't friends?" Fred's tone was hard to read. "Well, I don't know, would you call us friends?" "Yeah?" I hummed thoughtfully. His face contor...
56.4K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
2.2M 61.5K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
146K 4.8K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series • • sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] • slow slow-burn (like years) friends...