Contagious Chemistry (Vic Fue...

By LexusRat

Max Dawson is a free spirited girl with a sassy sense of humor and a bad past, trying to prove to the world t... More

Chapter 1: It's Short For Maxine
Chapter 2: Homicidal Maniac & the Illegal Immigrant
Chapter 3: Under Oath at the Police Station
Chapter 4: He's a Total Child
Chapter 5: You Only Live Once
Chapter 6: Mister Perfect Has a Flaw
Chapter 7: I'm the Other Woman
Chapter 8: I Love You Kiddo
Chapter 9: I Walked Into a Wall
Chapter 10: He Knows What Fine Means
Chapter 11: Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee
Chapter 12: Let's Be Cats
Chapter 13: If You Ever Needed a Sign
Chapter 14: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Chapter 15: Max Are You High?
Chapter 16: Stop Being So Awkward
Chapter 17: Speaking of Asses
Chapter 18: Have Him Wrap His Burrito
Chapter 19: She Went to Princeton, I Went to Juvie
Chapter 20: Random Dudes in Potato-sack Dresses
Chapter 21: This is So Painful To Watch
Chapter 22: I Love You Too But Whatever
Chapter 23: Like Meeting The Queen of England
Chapter 24: This is Why I Hate You
Chapter 25: Using Gadgets is Hip
Chapter 26: Like Being Back in The Womb
Chapter 27: Why'd You Think I Ended Up in Juvie?
Chapter 28: Let's Make a Deal
Chapter 29: No One Listens To Their Own Advice
Chapter 30: I Guess Miracles Do Happen
Chapter 31: Baby You're Projecting
Chapter 33: Did You Just Say Dad?
Chapter 34: Feel Me Up, Spikey
Chapter 35: Flowers? Am I Dying?
Chapter 36: I'm Going To Kill Kellin
SEQUEL

Chapter 32: You Married Me To Get a Green Card

1K 71 37
By LexusRat

"Here, I made you some chicken soup." Vic said, sounding quite satisfied with himself as he walked into the bedroom with a steaming bowl of soup in his hands.

I rolled my eyes a little. "How sweet you're being to me is going to make this sickness worse, you know?" I teased. "I might start throwing up due to your caring antics."

This was Vic's moment to roll his eyes. He sat down on the edge of the bed as I propped myself up. "Well, isn't it the whole deal of being married that we're supposed to be sweet to each other. . . wifey?"

I snorted, taking the bowl of soup from his hands. "Fuentes being my last name now is one thing, but calling me 'wifey' makes me feel old as fuck. . . like, almost as old as you."

Vic shot me a playful glare. "I don't think that you seem to understand the whole idea of being married, Max." He murmured, fighting to try and hide the smile on his face.

I drank a bit of the soup and stuck my tongue out in his direction. "Well you are the one who wanted to get married. . . so you hold up the end of the bargain."

"Marriage is a bargain now?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Well yes- what else is marriage?" I retorted. "I mean, getting married is basically just saying to each other hey you're mine and with this piece of paper I'm going to make it even harder for you to leave me."

Vic chuckled and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "It's good that you knew that before you got into this. . . now it'll be easier to knock you out and smuggle you to Mexico when my visa expires." He whispered with a mean smirk.

I shoved him away from me and laughed. "See, I knew it! I knew that was your plan from the beginning! You totally married me to get a fucking green card."

Most people didn't understand our relationship, and they didn't need to. Vic and I were a little. . . different. We made fun of each other, we were mean to each other, but in the end we were still totally crazy about each other. I loved him and he loved me. . . we just had our own strange way of showing it.

I ate my chicken soup while Vic literally just sat there and watched me to make sure that I actually downed all of it. I wasn't even really that sick, but oh well. It was sweet.

Just as I finished the soup, my phone started ringing. "If that's Kellin telling me that he's pissing his panties because the diner is packed, I'm going to work." I warned Vic before grabbing my phone off the nightstand with my free hand.

Vic snorted and took the empty soup bowl from me. "The diner, packed? That would be a miracle." He murmured, rolling his eyes a little.

I chuckled. Alright, he had a point.

I answered the call and greeted whoever it was as friendly sounding as I could. Not many people even had this number. . . it had only been a few weeks since I had a phone at all, for that matter.

"Good afternoon, miss." The woman on the other end of the line said. "My name is nurse Judy, from the Saint Mary Hospital, and I'm calling because of your son, Kyle Merton. He was in a car accident with his father, Johnnie Merton."

I could practically feel my eyes bugging out of their sockets from shock. "Excuse me?" Was all that left my mouth.

"You should probably come down here, miss."

My heartbeat was increasing significantly. "Of course, I'll be right there." They were in a car crash?! How the fuck did that happen?!

I hung up the phone and stared at Vic momentarily. He looked pretty worried, probably because of the shocked look on my own face. "What's wrong?" He asked calmly.

"We have to go to Saint Mary's, right now." I snapped quickly, throwing the comforter off me and jumping out of bed.

Vic didn't even ask any further questions as he threw on his shoes and I quickly got dressed. I swear to god if the car crash was the result of something that Johnnie did, then I was going to fucking lynch him.

We made our way to the hospital quickly enough. And luckily, because Kyle was known at the hospital for his frequent allergies, they knew me there as well, so I was immediately escorted to the room that he was in.

"Is he okay, though?" I asked, almost frantically as I followed the doctor at my side.

"He's alright." The doctor quickly answered. "He just has a mild concussion and a fractured wrist, he's going to be just fine." I nodded in understanding, relieved like fuck that he was at least okay and that his injuries weren't all too bad.

"His father, however, wasn't so lucky." The doctor then told me, instantly catching my attention. "It was his side of the car that made the impact with the truck. . . He didn't make it. He was intoxicated."

"Jesus." I gasped. Johnnie might've been an asshole, but he didn't deserve to die. But then again, he was driving my son while he was drunk. . . so okay, he pretty much deserved to die. Call me harsh, but Kyle could've been the dead one here. No one puts my son in danger and gets away with it.

"I'll give you a moment alone with him." The doctor then said, stopping in front of the hospital room door.

I gave him a curt nod and grabbed onto Vic's hand, who was still silently trailing behind me. It was stupid, perhaps, but I was scared of going in there alone. The only other times I had ever visited someone in the hospital was when I was younger and my idiot mother had overdosed. . . again.

I walked into the room, storming right up to the bed that Kyle was sitting in, dragging Vic in the with me.

"Mommy!" He exclaimed happily.

I smiled, finally letting go of Vic as I engulfed my pale-looking son into a tight but careful hug. "Christ, sweetie, I'm so glad you're okay." I breathed, holding him close to me.

I then slowly let go of him again and sat down on the edge of the bed, by his feet. Kyle's smile slowly faded, guilt taking over his little face. "He-he was so angry all morning. It's all my fault, isn't it?"

I could feel my chest tightening because of how sad he sounded. "Nothing's your fault, sweetie." I said, carefully caressing his cheek. "Your dad had been drinking, you know what he can be like when he does that. It wasn't your fault, okay?"

Kyle nodded slowly. "Do I have to go back home with him?" He asked worriedly.

I had to suppress a smile. I could tell in the tone of his voice that he didn't want to, but now he didn't have to either. He couldn't, even if he did want to.

"No, sweetie. You're coming home with Vic and me." I calmly said to him.

He smiled again and looked over my shoulder at Vic. "Really?" He wondered, his tone now becoming more hopeful.

I looked over and spotted Vic smiling and nodding as he came closer and sat down on the other side of the bed. "Yep. . . if you want to, of course." He then said.

Kyle nodded eagerly, bopping his head forth and back profusely before then groaning and stopping. "My head." He mumbled with pain.

I chuckled a little and messed up his hair. "You hurt your head in the car, sweetie. So don't get yourself too worked up."

"Okay." He whispered, fixing his own hair again with his hand that wasn't wrapped up in a cast.

I looked at Vic again and silently hinted that I wanted to talk to him outside. Luckily, he got the hint and started walking out of the room. I turned to Kyle and told him I'd be right back before I left as well.

"What's up?" Vic asked, as soon as I closed the door behind me.

I sighed deeply, running my hands through my hair. "Are you sure about this? I mean. . . if you're not okay with it—"

"Max, stop." Vic said, interrupting me as he moved closer and placed his hands on my hips. "Of course I'm okay with it. He's your son, where else would he go?"

I nodded slowly, looking away, but Vic wouldn't have it. He placed his finger underneath my chin and made me look up at him again. "Kyle needs his mother. . . and honestly I think it'll be fun having him around. He's coming home with us, and that's not up for debate. We already talked about this earlier, and I'm not changing my mind, I promise."

A small smile formed on my lips. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Anything for the wifey."

I rolled my eyes while he laughed. I definitely was never going to get used to the whole wife thing. Jesus. That was a title for old people. Either way, I did love it, though. I couldn't deny that.

Vic quickly pecked my lips and smiled.

"Let's go ask the doctor when he can leave." He suggested softly.

I nodded and was about to walk down the hall in search for a doctor, when my stomach suddenly seemed to cramp up. A burning liquid travelled up my throat and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to hold it back.

I pushed myself past Vic and spotted a trashcan. I ran over to it and emptied my stomach contents into the tall, silver can like there was no tomorrow.

See? I told you that Vic's fluffiness and sweetness was going to make me throw up at some point.

Before long, I felt a hand rubbing my back, and of course I knew that it was Vic. "Oh my god." I groaned, feeling my head throb.

"I hate to say it, but I told you so. . . you're sick, babe." Vic then said, slight amusement lacing his tone of voice. Dick.

"No, it's you." I pointed out a little bitterly, smacking whatever part of him that I could reach. "Either that or I caught salmonella at the diner."

Vic snorted. "That wouldn't surprise me at all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 156 31
Vic has known Kellin all his life, or at least about him. Kellin, on the other hand, had no idea of the other boy's existence. The old traditions of...
8.8K 461 12
"Forget regret." His hot breath hit my skin like fire. Everywhere was hot. I couldn't feel anything but his finger tips and lips. He was all I wanted...
3.9K 210 2
Kellin Quinn’s life has dealt him nothing but a series of bad hands. Though cautious of every person he comes into contact with, he finds himself gro...
911 38 9
Vic (20) is being sent to a mental institution and is not happy about it. Its for his own good, so his family says. There's so many things that's wro...