The Alpha Selection (Original)

By NaniGarcia

As her 18th birthday nears, Deianira Santiago's life begins to spiral out of control. She's in danger of beco... More

The Original Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 37

1.6K 72 1
By NaniGarcia

♡ Deianira ♡

I was happy that Marilyn won the scrimmage, but I was still upset ahout the fact I was forced to sit out. I got dirty looks from the other girls and I even heard some of them mutter rude things under their breath. I don't know what I did to deserve that kind of attention but I was over it. I had neither the energy or will to even dig deep into it and fight it.

Marilyn ran over to me and hugged me as she showed me her medal and two thousand dollar check. "I'm really happy for you Marilyn, you did good out there." I say more bitterly than I would've liked.

Her face went blank as she looked at me. "It sure doesn't seem like it..."

"No, Marilyn I'm not freaking jumping for joy. I'm sorry, I'm glad that you won but I'm upset at the fact that I was forced out of the running. It's not fair that I didn't even get a chance to compete. You know as well as anyone how hard I've worked."

Her expression softened and she tucked a strand of stray hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I know it must really suck for you but hey, it's only the beginning sweetheart."

"That's the thing. What if it's not just the beginning? What if I have to sit out all week or I end up in the stupid hospital! I don't understand why my body has to start failing me just when I need it the most! God! It's like I've taken two steps forward and a fucking million backward!" I vented. I wiped my hand down my face in frustration, I was so disappointed in myself.

I sighed and tried to regain my composure. "I think I should tell Adrian to send me home now. I don't have a chance."

"I'm not sending you home."

Great. Not only had I gained the attention of most of the girls and several bystanders, but I let Adrian and both of his cousins hear my verbal explosion.

I rolled my eyes and looked away not wanting to respond. I wouldn't win an argument with him now, especially since I felt like half my brain was turning to mush. "Marilyn, I've got to go talk to my visitors. I'll see you later okay?"

She nodded and gave me another hug, that I recieved more than her first. Adrian had his eyes fixed on me with determination and curiousity. It was like he was trying to figure out what it was that made me tick. It was obvious he didn't understand me and right now, I didn't want him to.

Marilyn walked over to him and he casually wrapped his arm around her waist, congratulating her. It hurt me to watch, so I decided to hurry and get out of his presence. I texted my cousin and Ruby to both meet me in front of the Arena, where Franco and Dellanira was also waiting.

Ruby stood their looking great, well better than I had seen her look in a long while. Her naturally red hair was styled in a girly half-up hairstyle, while she had carefully outlined her green eyes with black eyeliner making them pop. She wore a simple floral top and dark jeans along with a pair of black heels I had never seen before. Meanwhile, Rogan towered over Ariana, pulling her into a tight, intimate embrace.

When Ruby caught sight of me she nearly screamed. "Deianira!"

I smiled and opened my arms as she ran into them happily. "Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much. It hasn't been the same without you."

"I've missed you too Ruby! Oh man we have to catch up soon. I have about 10 minutes before I have to leave in order to make it back by curfew."

She sighed in disappointment, but nodded in understanding. Keira walked up to me and hugged me tightly. "Hey, girl. I saw you kicking ass out there."

She smiled wide flashing me her perfect pearly whites and causing her eyes to close slightly. "Yeah, right. Don't act like you didn't see my medical disaster."

"I did, but you still did great. I'm sure if you hadn't neen puking your guts up you would've won the whole thing. I'm pretty sure of it."

I probably would've laughed if I hadn't been so drained. "That's a good way to look at it I guess."

"Isn't she great? She can turn anything into a positive. That's why I love her so much." Rogan stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her sweetly. I couldn't help but yearn for a certain someone to do the same to me.

"She always knows the right thing to say," I winked at him and Keira giggled; something she never really did. There was something up with her.

Franco stood behind me quietly and I noticed him eying Ruby like she was a sweet piece of candy he wanted to taste. "Oh I'm sorry. I'm so rude. Franco this is my friend Ruby, she's from my pack," I pointed at Ruby who blushed as Franco took the opportunity to address her and shake her hand.

Then I turned towards Rogan and Keira. "And this is my cousin Keira and her mate Rogan, they just moved here."

Franco tore his eyes away from Ruby and politely shook my cousin's hand. Ruby looked like she was about to burst which put a small smile on my face.

"Well it's getting pretty late. Rogan and I are about to head out. I'll talk to you soon." Keira hugged me before walking away brightly alongside her handsome mate.

"So Ruby, you have a ride to the hotel?" I ask. She shok her head and I wrapped my arm around hers.

"Well you do now. Come on."

Ruby and I talked all the way to the hotel. She raved about all the great things she saw here and how much she fell in love with it in just the few hours she's been here. I mean this place was freaking heaven compared to where we came from. I never knew things could be so good.

We got to the hotel and parted ways. It felt good to be around people that didn't pressure me or push me into being something I'm not. They just wanted to be there and support me, which was pretty much all I've really wanted.

When I got back to my room I saw Adrian sitting beside Brooklyn on her bed. He had been so close to her that he could've kissed her but I completely ruined the moment when I walked in. "Oh shit. Imma...yeah..." I turned to walk out but Adrian quickly stopped me.

"It's okay," he says.

I turned to look at Brooklyn whose face told me it was everything but okay. Something told me that Brooklyn was ready to break our pact. I could see malice in her eyes, and an unsettling growl erupted from deep inside her chest. While Adrian had already diverted his attention to me.

"I came to see if you were okay. I know you were both sick and angry earlier," he says in a soft tone. He was calm, but I could detect the concern and worry in his voice.

"Adrian, I really don't feel like arguing with you right now. As far as my health and body is concerned I'm okay and as far as pretty much everything else, I'm not. " I walked over to my bed and tossed my duffel bag in front of my nightstand.

"We don't have to argue about anything, because there's nothing to argue about. You're going to rest and take care of yourself so you cn compete tomorrow." He stood firm as if he was saying it like an order, which kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

"Whatever," I mutter.

Adrian frowns. "Don't do that," he growls.

"Don't do what?" I slapped my hands down to my sides in frustration. I hated how I had to freaking jump over the moon or bow down at his feet to satisfy him. It was really annoying actually.

"Don't brush me off like what I'm saying is stupid and unimportant. Don't do that to me; I deserve some respect." He says defensively. Brooklyn looked a little pleased about how the conversation had quickly gone sour.

I groaned and rubbed my face. "Okay Adrian you win I'm sorry. I'll do whatever you freaking say master."

Adrian growled before stalking over to the door."Santiago, I've talked to you about your fucking attitude before. You need to watch it."

"Or what? You gonna send me home? Go ahead then!" I yell. I stomped towards the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind me.

I'm glad both Dellanira and Brooklyn were there, it made it so that he didn't want to pursue me any further. So by the time I got out of the bathroom he was gone leaving only a flustered Dellanira and an upset Franco.

I insisted upon being left alone and I refused to hear a word that came out of their mouths because it didn't matter what they thought about the situation and what happened. Franco knew about pretty much everything since he had been there for almost all my encounters with Adrian as well as my doctor visits, but it was still different from understanding it first hand.

And I don't think that anyone could truly understand what I was going through right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 15.9K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
174K 4.4K 37
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
1M 11.6K 21
Available to download @Smashwords.com (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/253526) where you can download on all their possible options. Denise Bev...
1.1K 25 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...