The Alpha Selection (Original)

By NaniGarcia

As her 18th birthday nears, Deianira Santiago's life begins to spiral out of control. She's in danger of beco... More

The Original Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 29

1.8K 85 2
By NaniGarcia

♡ Adrian ♡

Deianira will be the death of me. I swear it.

I wished so much that she would just chill and take my advice for once. I think everyone close to me knew how much I cared for this girl despite how hard I've been trying to at least look like I was treating every girl equally. Truth was, none of them eeally had a chance bevause I has my mind pretty much made up.

I wanted her.

I wasn't dumb of course, I was still going to get to know some of the other girls just in case Deianira had to be eliminated or she decided that she was going to continue not doing her best. She had potential, I knew it and so did all of her current instructors. She just had to harvest her talents, and I was determined to drill tht into that pretty little head of hers.

It was a little past one in the morning when I got back, most people were sleeping while a few were in the kitchen getting a late night snack or in the recreation room smoking or having a drink. I decided to head straight to bed since, I was pretty tired and I had a long day tomorrow but I ran into my father who had a smug look on his face.

"Let me guess, another night with Deianira?"

I couldn't lie to my father, because he could always tell. Besides, I trusted him and my mom with everything since we had such an open relationship. "Yes. I talked to her about balancing her studies and training to bring up her ranking and I had Dr. Rosen give her an exam and run some tests on her." I admit.

"What's going on? She's been sick?"

"I didn't find out until today, but yes. I was talking to her and a few of the other girls when I ran into them outside the training center spa. Then she all of a sudden ran to the trash can and starting vomiting, it was a really harsh and violent vomit too. Franco has been tryifng to get her too checked out but she refused. So I had to talk some sense into her." I crossed my arms and leaned my shoulder against my door.

"What did Rosen say?"

"I don't know, she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I should know everything in the morning." I yawned and my dad patted me on the back.

"Relax, and get some rest son. You're going to need it for tomorrow, or should I say later today." He smiled and pulled me into a bear hug.

Knowing that my father genuinely cared for my happiness and well being, gave me a peace of mind. I knew too many Alpha's whose parents only cared about their money, status, and their appearance. It was sad to see that, but I was still happy that I was lucky enough to have two great parents that loved me unconditionally and siblings that I were close to. Every family had its flaws, but mine worked through ours the best we could.

None of us ever gave up on each other.

My heart began to ache as I thought about some of the families the girls come from. I had spoken to a few of them and it pained hear about how one or both of their parents abused or neglected them. Some told me about how badly they were treated once they became Omegas. The thought sickened me.

I laid in bed for hours trying to sleep. The Selection was really starting to overwhelm me in more ways than one, and I was too worried about Deianira.

I could only hope that things would be okay.

The next morning I woke up to my little brother Aspen jumping in my bed. His young eyes were full of excitement, and I knew he was ready for me to get up.

"Alright, Aspen I'm up. Give me a minute." I ruffled the fuzzy brown hair on his head and watched as he hopped of my bed and exited the room.

I rolled out of bed and got myself ready for the day. I promised to take my little brothers to the fair grounds and I'd let my little sister Lena meet the girls in my court. So after throwing on some casual clothing I went downstairs to join everyone at breakfast.

We first discussed family matters and asked how everyone was doing. Then we moved on to talk about business. Everyone was pretty much responsible for something when it came to the pack except for little Aspen. I was in charge of Omega Affairs, which meant I was the one who focused on the well being of Omega pack members. My brother Marco had an internship with my dad learning everything there was to know about running our pack. While my other brother Shiloh was responsible for learning how to be a great Beta, so he worked closely under our current Betas which were my uncles. Meanwhile my mother was in charge of overseeing all levels of education. Thanks to her 99 percent of our pack has a highschool diploma and 80 percent had a college degree.

When it was all over the attention was brought back to me and my Selection.

"So Adrian, have you spent any one on one time with any of the girls yet?" Marco asks.

"Yes, I've spent some time with about 4 of the girls. I made fhem promise not to tell though, I don't want a lot of the girls to get jealous or anything." I answer.

My mother smiled knowingly and sipped a little of her tea. "So have you decided what to do in stage two of your Selection?" She asks.

"I actually decided to have them take 8 four week courses at the University. They'll get grades from the professors, and I'll see how much they've learned from the final exams they take."

"So then how will you determine who stays in stage two?" My dad asks. He wiped his mouth with his napkin and set it in his empty plate.

"Well I'm doing everything based on points really. They get points for effort, the overall grades they recieve in their classes, as well as the grades they recieve from their final exams. So the top 7 girls will move on to Stage 3."

"Are you going to date any of the Stage 2 girls?" My sister asks.

"I'll spend a little one on one time to see how they're doing personally, and get to know them a little but I'll mostly be doing group dates so that it's more fair." I wiped the syrup from my mouth and placed my napkin in my empty plate.

Lena squealed in excitement. She was happy that I was finally putting myself out there and dating. I had spent so much time sleeping around and having casual no-strings attached relationships, and she was happy I was finally trying to settle down and find the one for me. She was ready to have another sister, that was closer to her age, to get close to. Plus she really wanted to be a bridesmaid at my wedding, since she was only able to be a flower girl at Marco's wedding.

After breakfast, I called Dr. Rosen while I was waiting for my cousins to show up. I stepped outside and into the garden so that I could talk in private. She explained to me that Deianira had confessed and told her that her mate never gave her a formal rejection which means that she is getting sick from not being near her mate and that the Seperation hasn't been triggered.

That explained everything.

The Seperation was an extremely difficult process where the natural mate bond is broken between two mates. It caused both sides a great deal of pain but it always took a heavier toll on the female and the one being rejected. The natural bond between mates was supposed to do a lot of things. The male could feel his mates emotions, locate her almost wherever she was, and become naturally protective of her. The bond always made the female aware of when her mate was in pain as well as made sure that no other male got close to her physically or prevented her from attaching to another male in a romantic way.

That was why she was resiting me so much. The bond makes her feel sick everytime she tries to be intimate with me or even think of me in a romantic way.

Damn him...

"What can I do?" I ask.

"Well, there's medication she can take for most of her symptoms caused by the straining of her bond; just over the counter stuff like Ibuprofen for her headaches. I also talked to her about an option to induce the Seperation with medication and treatments, but she turned it down becuase she said she couldn't afford it."

"What would she have to do, and how much does it cost?" I bit my lip anticipating her response.

"She would have to take a pill once in the morning and another in the evening everyday for 5 months to two years depending on the strength of the prescription. She would also need an injection every two weeks. It all comes up to about two grand a month." She explains. I sighed in relief.

"That's it? Two grand a month for everything?"

"Well three grand since she doesn't have insurance, and she's not a part of our pack. But yes, that's pretty much it."

I smiled. I'm glad that it wasn't anything too serious. She wasn't going to die from some rare cancer or degenerative disease. "I'll pay for it. Write up the strongest prescription you have and send it over to me. I'll deliver it to her personally."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 4.3K 37
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
135K 3.9K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
1.8M 70.9K 79
Mia had given up all hope after being captured by a group of human scientists at a young age, subjected to years of torturous testing from those who...
140K 1.6K 27
~Formaly The story of a werewolf and his mate~ Sapphire was just a normal 17 year old in high school until her 18th birthday when she discovers a hug...