The Alpha Selection (Original)

By NaniGarcia

As her 18th birthday nears, Deianira Santiago's life begins to spiral out of control. She's in danger of beco... More

The Original Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 9

2.3K 103 4
By NaniGarcia

>>>>> Adrian <<<<<<<

"Can we go now?" My little brother Jeremy asked. I ruffled his brown hair and threw him in a playful headlock.

"In a minute," I respond. Aspen plopped down in the chair next to me and sighed. His blue eyes looking at the ground in true boredom.

"Come on stinky, give up already. She doesn't like you, and I don't blame her," Jeremy says as he slurps his drink knowing good and well there was nothing left. For a 12 year old kid he was super annoying and immature. He might as well have been in the same grade as 6 year old Aspen.

"What did I tell you about calling me that in public you little gremlin," I growled. Jeremy sat down next to Aspen and pulled out his cellphone so he could start playing Angry Birds.

I watched as Deianira returned from theater 12 pushing the custodial cart. Man was she beautiful. Her brown hair, that probably fell just a few inches past her shoulder when she wore it down, was pulled up into a simple ponytail. She didn't wear any makeup, so I could see what she looked like without it. Yes, I could see minor blemishes like the small scar along her jawline close to her ear or the small pimple on her forehead, but it didn't bother me. In fact, I found it refreshing to see that she didn't care about her flaws or at least she didn't show it.

She walked over to the nearest trash can that had gotten full. I would've gone to help her but she pulled out the heavy looking load of trash on her own without a sweat. I smiled as I got a view of her butt as she bent over to tie the bag. Then she smiled as one of the only male Omega's who worked here took the bag from her hands.

She went into the bathroom and a few minutes later she came back out looking refreshed. Her big brown eyes scanned the room and when she caught sight of me I smiled and waved at her. She rolled her eyes and went back to work. I looked at the time and saw that it was 7:00. Surely she'd be getting off work soon.

Jeremy began doing that annoying slurping thing again causing me to growl. He shot me a nervous look and put the cup down. "If you wanted more all you had to do was ask you dufus. You know that slurping shit gets on my nerves." I reached into my pocket and pulled out a twenty.

"Sorry Jay..." he says with a hint of mischief in his voice.

I heard Aspen whimper and rub his stomach. He was hungry. My mother and father were in the city hall negotiating and forming a Pack alliance and other political stuff. They were having dinner there so it was safe to say I was responsible for feeding my younger siblings.

"Okay we're leaving. Just let me do something really quick. Stay here you two," I ordered.

I walked over to the concession counter for the thirteenth time today and smiled at Veronica, the other concessions worker.

Her cheap perfume overpowered me, but it didn't mask her strong Omega scent. She smiled at me with her grey, almond shaped eyes. "Hello again."

"Hi what can I get you Mr. Ferreiro?" she asked. I could tell she was nervous because her voice wavered slightly.

"I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to let me know what time Deianira gets off," I said smoothly. I watched as her shoulders slumped a little from disappointment.

"She umm gets off at around 8 but we're short staffed today so she's probably going to take a break and take on another shift," Veronica said softly.

Just as I was about to respond Deianira walked out of the supply closet and walk over to Veronica. "I'll be back, I'm just going to grab some food and drop off Ruby. You want me to pick something up for you?" She asked.

Veronica nodded, "Can you get me a pastrami sandwich?" She asked.

"Yeah, you want the meal?" Deianira said as she wrote it down on a notepad.

"Yes, please." Veronica went into her pocket pulled out a ten.

"Oh no, it's on me 'Ronica. I got a very generous tip today." She winked at me and ripped off the paper from the notepad.

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem, just cover for me until I get back." Deianira patted Veronica on the back and walked into the employee lounge.

"Sorry about that sir. Did you need anything else?" She tapped her fingers on the sides of the cash register as she waited for me to snap out of my trance.

"Er yes. My little brothers are pretty hungry. Where can I get some food for them?"

"Well there's a pizza place and cafe down the street, an French restaurant 5 minutes away, and there's a diner, seafood restaurant, and a Chinese place a little further out near the pack house," she said.

I didn't want to make it too obvious that I was going to try and catch Deianira outside of here. Maybe I could convince her to have dinner with me. "Can you write down the directions to the Chinese place for me?" I flashed her my signature smile and she didn't hesitate to comply with my request.

"Thanks." I handed her a twenty and quickly walked away from the counter. The boys were definitely getting restless, because they were growling each other. I bet that they were fighting over whose turn it was to play Flappy Bird.

"Chill out guys. Let's go get some food." They both jumped up from their chairs and grabbed their stuff.

"Finally," Jeremy muttered.

"What was that?" I raised my eyebrow and he shook his head.

"Nothing," he says cowardly.

I got into a Ferrari I rented earlier and drove to the area where the Chinese food place was. Sure enough there was a Diner down the street from it that advertised cheap breakfast, and pastrami meals. I took the boys into the diner and watched them run to a retro looking blue and white booth in the corner. I looked around at the place taking in the 50's style restaurant. There were old pictures of famous singers like Elvis Presley and Diana Ross plastered along the walls. The blue and white tiled floor was so clean I could practically see own reflection. Behind the long counter was the kitchen where you could see three cooks going to work and filling orders. There were only two waitresses working at the time.

One was old and blonde while the other was a young redhead with freckles.

The redhead walked over to us with excited green eyes. When she got close enough I could smell her Omega scent too.

"Hello, welcome to Calvin's Diner. My name is Ruby, and I will be your waitress this evening. What can I get for you?" She says sweetly.

I looked at the menu and smiled as I came across two of my favorite foods. Chilli burgers and chili cheese fries. I looked up at Jeremy and Aspen who had already decided what they wanted.

"Can I have the double cheeseburger and fries combo?" Jeremy says politely.

"Sure thing sweetie, what would like to drink with that?"

"Ummm...can I have a Sprite?" He says as he puts the menu down.

"Okie Dokie. What can I get you little one?" She says looking at Aspen. He pointed to a picture of a kids meal and looked up.

"He'll have the...chicken strips kids meal and a..." Jeremy stopped and waited for Aspen to choose his drink. "Strawberry lemonade." He finishes.

"Good choice," Ruby says as she gives Aspen a sweet smile. Then she turned to me. "And you Mr?"

"Can I get two chili burgers and a large chili cheese fries with a chocolate malt?" I ask politely. Ruby quickly scribbled it down and repeated the order to us to make sure she didn't make any mistakes.

"Great. I'll be back with your order shortly," she walks off to the kitchen where she clipped the order onto a spinning rack.

Right on time, my current obsession walked into the room. As soon as she caught sight of me she scowled. Yup...she was definitely about to get a restraining order against me.

She sat at the counter and exchanged words with Ruby who tried hard not to look my direction. I looked at Jeremy who was laughing at me.

"I thought you were irresistible," he taunted.

"I am," I said coolly.

"Apparently not. There's someone who has been resisting you all day," he retorted.

"You know what you little runt? Shut your mouth and for once make yourself useful," I said through bared teeth.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Go over to her and ask her to sit with us. Do not take no for an answer," I instructed. Aspen gave Jeremy a look that said he was totally doomed and yeah...he probably was.

"Bro, she doesn't want you. Actually, I'm pretty sure she doesn't even like you. What am I supposed to say?" He asked.

"I don't care what you say. Just get her over here!" I growled. Jeremy smacked his lips before giving in. He walked over and gently tapped on her shoulder. With my werewolf hearing, I was able to tune into the conversation.

"Hey Jeremy. What's up?"

"Can you come sit with us to eat?" He asked.

"Sorry hun. I'm about to leave," she said gently.

"Please, my brother said he was going to beat me up if I didn't get you to come sit with us," he begged. That little twerp! He totally lied on me! Deianira sighed and told Ruby to bring her food over to our table before they both walked back over. As soon as she looked directly at me she gave me a death glare that almost stopped my heart.

"Real nice. You need your little brother to help you get chicks," she muttered bitterly.

"I don't-"

She sat down in the booth next to the boys and sighed. "Look, I don't know or understand your current fixation with me but it's got to stop," her large round eyes had softened, threatening to melt me right on the spot.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I refuse to be some fling. Look, you come for a few days, have your fun, then you go back to your home to live the rest of your life. You'll only forget about me and move onto someone else. You can do both of us a favor by not wasting our time. You and I, or whatever you're trying to do or get...it's not gonna happen," she says gently.

"Why not?" I asked.

She rubbed her temples as if she was starting to get a headache. "Because it's just not." She says.

Our food arrived and I smiled when I saw that we had ordered the exact same thing. " Are you sure you don't even want to try things out? I never intended to have a fling with you. Maybe I just wanted to befriend you. Maybe I intended to try actually having a relationship with you. But you wouldn't know that because you are insisting on not giving me a chance since you're convinced I'm some kind of villain," I say before taking a bite of my burger.

"Even if everything you said was true... I still couldn't be with you," she says before taking a bite out of her burger.

"Because?"

"Because...I belong to someone else," she says softly before looking down at her phone.

My heart nearly stopped. Of course, she was in love with someone else. She probably had a boyfriend she met at some Omega social. I had been too late. I guess the only thing I could do was give up on her and move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 70 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
1.8M 70.4K 79
Mia had given up all hope after being captured by a group of human scientists at a young age, subjected to years of torturous testing from those who...