Contagious Chemistry (Vic Fue...

By LexusRat

Max Dawson is a free spirited girl with a sassy sense of humor and a bad past, trying to prove to the world t... More

Chapter 1: It's Short For Maxine
Chapter 2: Homicidal Maniac & the Illegal Immigrant
Chapter 3: Under Oath at the Police Station
Chapter 4: He's a Total Child
Chapter 5: You Only Live Once
Chapter 6: Mister Perfect Has a Flaw
Chapter 7: I'm the Other Woman
Chapter 8: I Love You Kiddo
Chapter 9: I Walked Into a Wall
Chapter 10: He Knows What Fine Means
Chapter 11: Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee
Chapter 13: If You Ever Needed a Sign
Chapter 14: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Chapter 15: Max Are You High?
Chapter 16: Stop Being So Awkward
Chapter 17: Speaking of Asses
Chapter 18: Have Him Wrap His Burrito
Chapter 19: She Went to Princeton, I Went to Juvie
Chapter 20: Random Dudes in Potato-sack Dresses
Chapter 21: This is So Painful To Watch
Chapter 22: I Love You Too But Whatever
Chapter 23: Like Meeting The Queen of England
Chapter 24: This is Why I Hate You
Chapter 25: Using Gadgets is Hip
Chapter 26: Like Being Back in The Womb
Chapter 27: Why'd You Think I Ended Up in Juvie?
Chapter 28: Let's Make a Deal
Chapter 29: No One Listens To Their Own Advice
Chapter 30: I Guess Miracles Do Happen
Chapter 31: Baby You're Projecting
Chapter 32: You Married Me To Get a Green Card
Chapter 33: Did You Just Say Dad?
Chapter 34: Feel Me Up, Spikey
Chapter 35: Flowers? Am I Dying?
Chapter 36: I'm Going To Kill Kellin
SEQUEL

Chapter 12: Let's Be Cats

1.5K 90 114
By LexusRat

"Don't you think that's a bit fast? There's so much that you don't know about me." It was the only thing I managed to say at that very moment, since honestly I just wanted to get back to my son so this wouldn't get even more awkward.

"Didn't we already have sex like twice?" Vic then reminded me.

I sighed. "There's a difference between having sex and being in a relationship, Vic." That comment made him look a little disappointed. It wasn't what I meant, though.

I contemplated for a moment, trying to find the best way to put this. "Look, I'm just really bad with this whole relationship thing okay? The last time I was with a guy who suddenly wanted to call whatever we had a relationship, it lasted 3 hours. And it was 3 painstaking hours of sitting at a restaurant with him and his granny while she judged me for showing a little cleavage. The loser even picked her side! And I am so not going through that again." I told him, almost in a warning tone.

I noticed Vic biting the inside of his cheek, trying to fight the urge to laugh over my horrendous last relationship. Or more like relationshit, if you ask me. If you could even call it that, really.

Then again, now that I thought about it, it was kind of funny. At the time I was furious, but there was no point to still be angry about it. The guy should've just been dating his granny instead of me- that was basically his only option to begin with.

"Well, let's not call it a relationship then." Vic simply stated, after getting his laughter under control. "I'm just gonna be a guy who exclusively likes you, kisses you, has sex with you, takes you out on cheesy dates and cuddles with you on the couch while you pick what movie we watch."

I chuckled a little and shook my head. "You just literally described a relationship."

"Then don't call it that."

"Then call it what, Vic?" I asked while laughing with a bit of frustration. "You can't just go call a horse a cat and actually have it believe that it's a cat."

Vic smirked and shrugged a little. "We can try." He offered despite my best efforts. "Come on, let me at least take you out on a date sometime. Let's be cats, and then whenever you're ready for it, we can be horses. . . if that even makes sense."

I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway. I had to admit, I kinda liked his persistence. At least it told me that he actually wanted this.

"Alright, fine, you can take me out on a date." I finally told him, caving into the idea of having him as my boyfriend, but not yet admitting to it. The whole Kyle thing was weighing heavy on my mind.

But Vic seemed to be satisfied with my answer and that was a relief. The rest would come soon enough. Right now though, I just didn't want to keep my son waiting another minute. So I said goodbye and let Vic kiss me on the way out.

"Well that took forever." Tay complained as I got back into the car.

"Yeah, well, I had a little Vic problem." Though I couldn't help but saying it with an obvious smile etched onto my face.

Tay then gasped and put her hands over Kyle's ears. "Did you two have a quickie on the table or something?" She whisper-yelled at me, immediately catching her driver's attention.

"No!" I exclaimed defensively. "Although if it had been up to him we probably would have."

She rolled her eyes and removed her hands from Kyle's ears, to which he just kinda giggled up at her. Thank god he had no idea what was going on.

"So what are the two of you now anyway?" She then asked.

"Cats, apparently." I murmured, earning a questioning look from both her and her driver. What the hell was this skunk-haired dude listening in on our conversation anyway? "Never mind, long story, let's just go to the fair."

"Yes! Finally!" Kyle then beamed, waving his hands around.

"Alright." Tay sighed with a smile. "Jack, to the pier, please."

"Yes ma'am."

- - -

"Three corndogs, please." I said to the vendor when it was finally my turn.

I smiled, looking back at Kyle throwing foam balls, trying to hit all of the stacked cans. And he wasn't bad at it, actually. Tay cheering him on only made him more excited about doing it, and of course she'd keep giving the guy behind the stand more money until the kid was satisfied.

Kyle wasn't spoiled, though. He enjoyed it when he got presents and things, but he was just as happy without all of it.

"Hey, Max! Funny to see you here." Vic's familiar voice beamed from behind me just as the vendor handed me the corndogs I asked for. I handed him the money and then turned to Vic.

Funny, my ass. . . I told him that I was going here.

"Is that the Max you told me about?" A tall, lanky, heavily tattooed guy wearing sunglasses and a snapback then softly said, leaning towards Vic's ear. "She looks a bit young for you. Are you sure she's even of legal age?"

My jaw dropped as I stared at the both of them. Oh my god! I didn't look that young, Jesus Christ! Who the hell was he anyway?!

"Mike, shut up." Vic then snapped as he swatted the guy's chest. "I'm sorry. This is my brother Mike, he's a bit too blunt for his own good sometimes."

The guy, who was apparently Vic's brother, though I could hardly tell to be really honest, then started grinning. "I could really use a blunt right about now. Where oh where is my sweet-assed Alysha when I need a good smoke?" He said.

Vic rolled his eyes and motioned towards the haunted house. "Pretty sure I saw her there with Erin and Tony. Go on, I'll get the grub, see you there."

"Thanks, bro." Mike then said, patting the smaller one on his shoulder before throwing me a wink and leaving. Well that guy's not weird at all.

"Mommy!" I then heard Kyle yelling. Oh crap. "Mommy, look what I won!" He beamed happily as he came running towards me at high speed, Tay quickly trailing behind him.

Vic gave me a questioning look, mouthing the word 'mommy' like he wasn't sure that he was hearing it right. I just smiled awkwardly and shrugged, not really knowing what to say at that moment.

"Look!" Kyle repeated excitedly.

Vic then looked down at the boy who held up the big plush toy above his head. "That's Michelangelo, isn't it?" Vic asked him in a kind voice as he bent down to Kyle's height.

Kyle instinctively held the plush turtle to his chest and nodded. "Yeah, do you know him?" He asked Vic in return.

"Do I know him? Of course I do! Ninja Turtles are awesome. My friends and I once dressed up as them for Halloween."

Kyle's entire face lit up like the sky on the 4th of July. Damn, Vic was smooth even to children. "That is so cool." He breathed in amazement.

Vic nodded and smiled sweetly. "Yep, and I was Michelangelo, because I always wanted to be like him. I just want to do whatever I want and eat a lot of pizza while doing it."

Kyle then turned to me with a wide grin on his face. "Mommy, can we have pizza for dinner?" He asked with hope glimmering in his eyes.

I chuckled softly. "Sure, it's your birthday, you can have whatever you want. But first, eat your corndog." I then said to him as I handed him the snack.

He took it from me and then turned towards Tay. "I want to go on the carousel but you have to go with me." He said to her. She just smiled and gave in, quickly walking off with him to the carousel that was basically right behind us.

They both got on and separately took their spots on a unicorn, which was actually kinda cute. I giggled and waved as the both of them waved at me. I really loved Kyle, he was such an amazing kid and I honestly had no idea who he got it from.

"So, you're a mother, huh?" Vic then asked.

Well fuck. No point in trying to deny it now.

"Yep, that's my big secret."

"And that's also why you don't want us to become a thing. . . because you're afraid I might not like the kid, hurt him, or dump you because of him." I gave Vic an incredulous look. Was I really that transparent? "Don't worry about it, I think every mother worries about that sorta thing." He then assured me as if he'd read my mind.

I just sighed, not really knowing how to respond.

"How old is he?" Vic then asked after a moment of silently watching the carousel go round.

"He's uh- he's six. I fell pregnant when I was 17." I felt a little uncomfortable telling him that, because I was still so afraid of being judged. Was it stupid to get pregnant at such a young age while I had nothing going for me? Yes. Did I regret it? Not anymore. But a lot of times I still felt like I couldn't give Kyle what he needed.

"Yep, I followed in my own mother's footsteps anyway. Except that I wasn't fucked up on heroin and Jack Daniels when I gave birth to Kyle. My mother's obstetrician could almost make a b-line to the morgue when they finally got me out of her."

Wow, Max, keep your mouth shut. You don't talk about personal shit to people.

"I'm sorry." Vic said, giving me an apologetic look. "I'm not judging you, you know? You're a good person, Max. And I would never dare to hurt your son, or dump you for having him. I kinda like kids- I've just never been with someone who wanted them."

I looked at Vic curiously, not really able to hide my smile. "It's not like he's yours, though. You have no obligations towards him." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Oh I know, but if it would come down to it, I'd take care of him like he was my own."

My smile seemed to grow involuntarily as Vic just smiled back at me. He seemed so genuine and accepting about this whole thing, it kind of surprised me. It's not like I had ever even gotten this far with anybody, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.

"Well, I better head back to my friends before they have all the fun without me." He then said, rolling his eyes sarcastically.

I chuckled a little and nodded. "Alright, I'll see you later."

He then brushed my arm with his fingers and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "See you later." He responded before walking off.

I watched him walk away with a stupid smile on my face, until he met up with his friends and walked out of sight.

"Mommy, who was that guy?" I then heard Kyle ask behind me.

I turned towards him and smiled at how he was holding Tay's hand and clutching the Ninja Turtle plush to his chest as they walked up to me from getting off the carousel.

"That was just a really good friend of mommy's." I simply told him, because well, at the moment that's just what we were.

"He's cool mommy, and really nice."

Yep, that he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 17.8K 38
Vic Fuentes has a strict policy against having anything to do with people such as strippers, prostitutes, and porn stars. He also has a raging crush...
54.4K 4.3K 22
While living in a world full of rainbow pens, fat pigeons, sarcastic mothers, and Tumblr, the drama surrounding Vic Fuentes is just the icing on the...
52.5K 3.5K 20
Kellin Quinn: a popular, non-binary instagrammer with an affinity for makeup and art. Vic Fuentes: a very quiet boy with a rough past. And when Kelli...
20.7K 1K 48
Kellin Quinn is what you might call a disaster, a dead man walking. Vic Fuentes is what you might call perfectly imperfect. They were two people wh...