School for Heroes (Year Two)

By khadijiah1

Ah....another year at Hero High. The birds are chirping, everyone is happy to be here..... Pft. Please. Not... More

Prologue
Chapter one: Welcome Back Heroes!!
Chapter two: New friends, classes and rivals
Chapter three: First time for everything
A/N (sorry)
Chapter four: The Assembly
Chapter five: A new friend
SHS~ Menace
SHS~ Colossus
SHS~ Frozen
Chapter six: Bad Day
Chapter seven: The series of events that brought me here.
Chapter eight: Agni Kai
SHS~ Forgiveness
Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things
SHS~ Extra Activties
SHS~ April Fools
Chapter ten: Teams
SHS~ Glasses
Chapter eleven: This is what happens..
SHS~ Written by Deadpool
Chapter twelve: Will you.......? (Part one)
Chapter thirteen: Will you.....? (Part Two)
SHS- The Stuff of Villains
Chapter fourteen: Definition of Evil
SHS~Mutation mixup
Chapter fifteen: The Dance (part one)
Chapter sixteen: The Dance (part two)
SHS- Parseltongue
Chapter seventeen: A Teacher's point of view
SHS....Kinda: A little insight from Deadpool
Chapter eighteen: [Enter chapter name here]
Chapter nineteen: New Girl
SHS: Blind
Chapter Twenty: Pain
Chapter twenty-one: Regret
Chapter twenty-two: The Most Dangerous Game
Chapter twenty-four:...When Hero High fell to the ground
Chapter twenty-five: Aftermath
Chapter twenty-six: What Now?
Chapter twenty-seven: The walls between us...
Chapter twenty-eight: Change of Heart
SHS- Inner strength
Chapter twenty-nine: The plan
Chapter thirty: The Cave (now with Percy Jackson)
Chapter Thirty-One: Plan A
Chapter thirty-two: The Battle of Our Lives (Part One)
Chapter thirty-three: Battle of Our Lives (part two)
SHS~ Reunions
Chapter thirty-four: The Headmasters
Chapter thirty-five: The Death of a Hero
Chapter thirty-six: For the ones you love
SHS~ The Memorial
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Pre-Graduation
Thirty-Eight: Graduation
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Last day of school
Epilogue/Authors Note

Chapter Twenty-three: Then came a day...

660 31 22
By khadijiah1

Chapter Twenty-Three: Uatu

You will know me, as most do, as the Watcher.

My name is Uatu, and since the building of Hero High, I have been watching, as the different group of heroes talked and made new friends, learning new things from each hero they come across.

Currently, it is breakfast time. Today is the day of the Villain part of the tournament. While the Heroes were eating, everything was being set up.

As well as sabotaged.

The Ninjas of Ninjago seemed to notice that their dear friend Zane, the kind Nindroid, seemed to be missing, but didn't mention it when an Agent asked if they were all there. Cole simply nodded, getting the rest of the ninjas to play along. They had a right to be worried. Ultron had no plans to give up the body he currently held in his possession.

The heroes known as the Avengers and the Justice League were still missing in action. Currently, most of the Justice League was in space, dealing with a crisis, while others were in their cities dealing with a surprising amount of crime. Merely a distraction to keep them at bay.

The teachers were stretched a little thin, being that most left were only wizards, a centaur, and a cripple telepath. However, they were assured that everything would be fine and then were ushered from the Cafeteria, leaving the students alone, unaware, and most likely defenseless.

Percy Jackson, the demigod son of Poseidon, was sitting at his table, with his demigod friends, chatting quietly, as the other students were. They were asked by Lex Luther to sit with their class, and only their class to make things....easier.

Through it would not matter. Chaos was soon coming, and children don't react well to confusion and chaos.

"I don't trust him." Annabeth Chase, daughter of the wisdom goddess Athena, said. Piper McLean, daughter of the lovely Aphrodite, snorted.

"Wonder why." Leo Valdez, whom was the son of the forge God Hephaestus, frowned, looking around. Every table was having the same conversation.

"Something bad is going to happen. I know it." Spider-Man muttered at his table.

"I ain't stupid, Summers!! I know something's gonna happen!" Rouge snapped quietly at her teammate, at her table.

"Well I'm just saying!! This is giving me the creeps." Jay, the Ninja of Lighting, said at his table.

"Relax, I'm sure everything is under control." Susan Pevenise said, placing a hand on her sister Lucy's back. Despite the fact that Peter Pevenise was nowhere to be seen, S.H.I.E.L.D told them he was fine. Edmund had his doubts through. Again, they were correctly placed. I fear their brother may not return to them.

"No, it isn't." Raphael Hamato growled at his table. The three brothers still weren't allowed to see Donatello, and it wasn't sitting well with them, which was understandable. The four brother cared for each other, and the remaining three had no idea the plans Hydra had for young Donatello.

"You know this how exactly?" Ronald Weasley asked.

"Luther shouldn't be trusted. Something else is going on here." Artemis, the hero archer said. Robin was also missing, along with Kid Flash and like the Pevensie siblings, they were assured they were fine, but it didn't feel that way. Because it wasn't.

After a few minutes that felt like hours to the children, the android known as Vision floated up from the ground. Ignoring the gasping students, Vision floated up until he was high enough to have a view of all the students, and so he could see them.

Just as he was ordered, I assume.

"May I have your attention." The whispered died down, and Vision began again.

"I have been told to inform you students that the third event is just beginning."

"What is the stupid thing!?"

"And shouldn't only the champions have to do this!?"

"No. My Master says this Contest is for all." The room began to cool down, and frost began to cover the windows. First thought for almost everyone was Bobby, followed closely by Captain Cold, but the Wizards knew.

This type of chill only came from-

"Dementors!!" Everyone knew what dementors were. They learned about them in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and History as well. Chiron and Misako had tried to inform them as much as they could, however the stress from the Tournament made it hard. However, everyone without a wand knew they should start screaming.

"Expecto Patronum!!" Several witches and wizards (mostly in Dumbledore's Army) cried out. The younger students, ones who were absolutely terrified (this being the first taste of action they've ever had) ran for the door, pushing it open.

Which was their mistake.

"Uatu, you know the rules. Only watch. No interfering."

I glanced around once. No one had noticed me here. Maybe later.

"You guys really thought you could just escape like this?" A hologram of Agent Grant Ward stood in the doorway.

"This is our challenge Heroes. Make it out of the school, and you can leave. Get trapped... well, let's leave that as a surprise." The hologram vanished, and there was a small moment of silence.

Then chaos ran through the halls.

Students screamed, trying to get out of the cafeteria. Some tried to find their friends who they quickly lost in the crowd, other tried to keep their Patronus going while they panicked. Happy thoughts are not so easily uptained when the world as you know it is crumbling before your eyes.

"Harry!! What are those things?" Perseus ran behind his friend, who was standing behind his stag Patronus.

"Dementors. Remember from DADA?"

"Nope." Groaning, the Boy Who Lived grabbed the Son of Poseidon's hand and ran out, the Stag following behind him.

Meanwhile, Vision still hovered in the air, and watched as the students scrambled to get out.

"This is your fault you stupid machine!!" A pale blue mutant boy yelled, throwing a can a Vision's head, then promptly running from the room. Vision floated down, and picked up the can, looking at the door. He was unsure. Odd for an android.

"Where the hell are we going!?" Shadowcat asked, as Colossus lead the X-men down the hall. The door was locked tightly, so the students were stuck finding some other way out. Which meant there wasn't one, unfortunately for them.

"Don't know, don't care, as long as we get out of here!!" Nightcrawler exclaimed. The mutant teleporter tried to get his friends free by jumping, but nothing happened. He just appeared in the same place.

He tried with less people. Same result; nothing.

"Guys....I...I can't..I'm sorry..." Nightcrawler stuttered. His words, however went unnoticed by the arrival of someone no one wanted to see.

Loki, God of Mischief, brother of Thor and adopted son of the Allfather Odin. Why was he here?

"Hello mortals, demigods and monsters alike. Today, we're going to have some fun." Followed by the usual villain evil laugh, Loki opened the portals into the school. There was several, leading to New York, Gotham, Ninjago, Star City, the Fire Nation, Narnia, An army of Death Eaters, and the Underworld. Fields of Punishment and Tartarus.

"Any survivors can leave. You must not return and you must forget this place even existed. If you return, you will be destroyed." Arrows that were shot at him by the young hero Artemis, Loki flicked his hand and they fell to the ground.

"This will be no easy task, young archer. Make no mistake." Loki vanished from their view, reappearing in front of me.

"Uatu the Watcher. Come to win us win?" I said nothing. Loki did not ally with mortals, no more than Magneto allied with Homo sapiens.

"No answer? Well note this Watcher. We will win. We have the upper hand, and these pathetic children cannot stop us. We will drive them away, then take on the Justice League, along with my dear brother. Watch as it happens before your very eyes!" The Trickster vanished.

TᕼEᑎ ᑕᗩᗰE ᗩ ᗪᗩY ᒪIKE ᑎO OTᕼEᖇ, ᗯᕼEᖇE EᗩᖇTᕼ'ᔕ ᗰIGᕼTIEᔕT ᕼEᖇOEᔕ ᗯEᖇE ᑎOT TᕼEᖇE TO ᑭᖇOTEᑕT TᕼE ᔕTᑌᗪEᑎTᔕ ᗯᕼO ᗯIᔕᕼEᗪ TO ᖴOᒪᒪOᗯ Iᑎ TᕼEIᖇ ᖴOOTᔕTEᑭᔕ.

If even possible, there was more chaos. The Stone Army were seen knocking over wizards who tried to use their magic to keep them in place, Doctor Octopus and the Sinister Six were seen pushing past students, looking for Spider-Man, the Joker and Harley Quinn simply waited from Young Justice to find them, and the Brotherhood of Mutants took this time to get revenge on the X-men and the Hamato--

Where was Michelangelo? Only Raphael and Leonardo stood ready to fight. Where was the youngest of the four?

"Loki said those were portals, correct?" The Falcon asked. He was currently flying around, trying to help the younger students out of sticky situations while trying to evacuate them at the same time. A bright child he was. I happened to pass him as I continue my search for Michelangelo, who I cannot seem to find.

"Yes, he did. However I am failing to see your thought process here." Beast said. Due to his appearance, the Death Eaters had sent werewolves to deal with him, thinking that it made sense. Henry McCoy was trying to face off against several werewolves and think at the same time.

Another gifted child who was cursed with appearance issues.

Percy Jackson found himself face to face with snake women. Spider-Man next to him was facing Hydra, for he could not see the monsters. However, Mister Jackson managed to protect himself, and easily disposed off the monsters.

Only for them to return once again through the portals.

"I hate the Doors of Death!!" Perseus cursed, swinging Riptide towards one who was webbed down by Spider-Man(accidentally of course).

"Uh, the what now?" He asked. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Aang and Katara fighting Fire Nation soldiers, Toph fighting Avalanche, and Miss Martian fighting off against Mesmaro, a mutant telepath who had faced the X-men a couple times.

"Never mind. Demigod stuff."

"I hate demigod stuff." Spider-Man said simply, flipping over two Hydra Agents and pushing them into two Snake women, who fell towards Perseus, who slashed and cut the two into monster dust.

"Hey!! That's offensive." Spider-Man rolled his eyes and swung off, past Iron Fist and Powerman, who were successfully fighting off the Stone Army from Ninjago.

Ah. There Michelangelo was. But where was he..?

The Hosptal Wing.

I followed Michelangelo as he made his way past the chaos and past the destruction, and into the Wing. He was looking for Donatello, hoping his brother was alright.

No, Michelangelo. He was not.

Slowly, the Venom symbiote had eaten away Donatello strength, breaking down the mutagen and using it to make itself stronger. Before Michelangelo could reach his dear brother, Venom jumped down from the ceiling, ready to make Donatello useful.

"GET AWAY FROM MY BRO!!" The Youngest for the four yelled. Venom threw him aside and continued.

He made Donatello a venom. I doubt that was his only use, however it will be his use for now.

"Too late." Venom and Donatello ran from the room, ready to spread more chaos.

Michelangelo fell to his knees, in seeming defeat. That was when I decided to make myself known to him.

Placing a gentle hand on his shell, he glanced up, eyes brimming with tears.

"Who are you?" He asked. I gave him no answer.

"What did they do to Donnie?" He asked again.

"They made him their slave. There is little hope for him now." I said quietly. I could see his heart shattered, only to be replaced with determination.

"I'll get him back. I'll save him."

I don't doubt you Michelangelo.

But there is little hope now.

"Reyna!!! REYNA!!" Spider-Man ran across the walls and swung over the chaos. It seems Mister Jackson ran off to find Annabeth Chase, whom he got separated from, while Spider-Man ran to find Reyna and her dogs.

He paused for a second, spotting me.

"Uh oh. You only hang around when we're screwed." He said. I glanced down at the wizard who was just shot by a Hydra Agent.

"We're screwed aren't we?" He asked. Yes, you are.

"Typically Parker luck." He muttered, swinging off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Parker
Class: Agent, SHIELD
Alias: Spider-Man
Powers: Wall crawling, Spider Sense, increased strength and agility
Notes: web shooters as weapons

You know, I was just thinking about how everything wasn't too bad because the Watcher wasn't there. Then he decided to show up, which kinda sucked.

"Reyna!! REYNA!!" I called, dodging the bullets, flashes of light, and trying not to flinch when I saw kids and classmates fall.

I finally found her, and my heart lept. She was kicking butt, slicing at Hydra Agents and invisible stuff (I couldn't actually see what she was fighting; but I could've swore I saw a poodle).

"Reyna!!" I called out, flipping over a Hydra agent, knocking two out.

"Peter!!" Stabbing, again, something I couldn't see, she turned to me.

"We need to get the younger students out of here. I can't watch them fall, they have so much ahead of them." Not wanting to admit that only the younger wizards would have a good life ahead of them, I nodded in agreement.

"Right. I overheard Beast saying that he might be able to rewire the portals; make it so they go somewhere other than where a giant army is waiting on the other side." Reyna nodded.

"Well perhaps we should find Mister McCoy and assist him on this--." Spider Sense, I know I'm in trouble.

Now I was really in trouble through.

"Spider-Man. Did you really think we would miss this opportunity?" A metal arm grabbed my waist, and dragged me to face Doctor Octopus.

"You know, I didn't call for a Doctor, but I do know a few kids who could use one." I said. Next to me, Reyna's dogs growled.

"Call off the pets." Electro crackled next to Otto. He had the whole gang there. Doc Oc, Electro, Rhino, Lizard, Kraven the Hunter, and Scorpian.

"Can't. Not mine. Oh, and no Osborn? Well I can't say I'm disappointed--"

"Shut up!!" Otto hissed, the arm around my waist tightening.

"Not the weight program I had in mind..." I wheezed out.

"You, Spider-Man have escaped our clutches for long enough. Finally, the Sinister Six will--." A sword cut off the arm holding me captive, and I had to give a thankful grin (not that he could see it) to Mister Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.

"Hey Spidey. Need a hand?" Chuckling at the pun, I gestured to his sword.

"I thought Riptide couldn't hurt mortals."

"Can still cut through stuff. It's not like I tried to stab him." Ignoring the mental image of Percy trying to stab mortals going through my head, I nodded.

"Well, wanna help me with the rest?"

_____________________________________________________
Kurt Wagner
Class: Mutant, X-Man
Alias: Nightcrawler
Powers: teleportation, Wall crawling
Notes: looks like a blue demon

"I think I found a way out of here." Beast said, snarling at the Brotherhood.

"Great. You wanna share it with the rest of us?" Iceman asked, freezing something called the Stone Army in place ( I overheard Cole yelling it earlier. Lloyd too).

"I just need to find out where the portals are being controlled from. Falcon thinks it's magic, but I have a feeling they might've set this up in Stark's classroom."

"Makes sense. Dude hasn't been here for weeks." Havok said, blasting (or attempting to blast) Toad.

"You guys talk to much." Toad said, while avoiding Havok's blasts.

"Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, why don't you go with Beast and help him find the control panel stuff. We'll handle the Brotherhood." Rouge said. Nodding, I ran after Shadowcat and Beast.

"Oh no you don't!!" The ground began to shake as Avalanche tried to slow us down. I don't know where Toph went, but I wish she was here right now!!

"Ninja....GO!!" Thank God for Cole. He knocked Avalanche off balance and punched him, hopefully rendering him unconscious.

"Thank you Cole." I said. He nodded.

"No problem. Now where are you mutants headed too?"

"Ironman's room. We think the portals might be controlled through there." Shadowcat said, as we ran to follow Beast.

"You gonna shut them down?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Beast believes they can help us in our escape. He think he can make them teleport us somewhere else." I said. He frowned.

"Speaking of which, can't you teleport us there?" Again, I shook my head.

"Nein. I cannot. They found a way to prevent me from using my powers."

"That's sucks."

"You're telling--."

"Look out below!!" Cole and I jumped out of the way as Spider-Man came flying by.

"Come on you two, we don't have much time!!" Beast yelled. I ran up the wall to join my friends. I just wanted this to end. The only way this could get worse is if someone threw in a Sentinel.

"Shouldn't we help him?" Cole asked. I shook my head quickly.

"Spider-Man is capable of handling himself. If we don't fix the portals, we won't be able to help ourselves." I said. He frowned, but nodded and run up the stairs.

"Right. I guess that makes sense. Maybe. Kinda."

"Expelliarmus!!" Pulling Cole out of the way, we somehow managed to make it to Ironman's classroom.

If only we counted on it being guarded.

________________________________________________________

Hahaha!! You thought (or hoped) I was gonna change the POV.

NOPE.

Anyway, I hope you like it, this is part one. Hence the title being "Then came a day....." Notice the dotes.

The next chapter will wrap almost everything up in a nice little bow!! And by that I mean it will not be a bow, and the chapter will probably also end in a cliffhanger.

I love cliffhangers!!!

So I'm not too great at writing actions scenes, that's something I'm trying to work on, but hopefully this was at least readable/okay?

Cookies to anyone who didn't have to Google/Look up who the Watcher is!!! (In the Marvel universe mind you). (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::) (::)

Uatu is pretty cool. I want his cape.

Bye!! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 786 53
Nora Reynolds didn't ask anyone to save her. And yet, Tony Stark seems to be intent on doing so anyways, becoming her legal guardian after her father...
800 28 9
I am a sleep-deprived high school student. Do not perceive me. (Requests are open, refer to first chapter for rules and extras.)
2.6K 59 18
SLOW UPDATES Formally known as MARVEL (oneshots) i wrote this for myself but if you want to read it go ahead all are welcome In most chapters the rea...
38.2K 777 74
basically stories of your favourite fictional characters using the alphabet Started: feb.14.20 Ended: apr.02.24 MOST but NOT ALL are xreaders Shows...