Contagious Chemistry (Vic Fue...

By LexusRat

Max Dawson is a free spirited girl with a sassy sense of humor and a bad past, trying to prove to the world t... More

Chapter 1: It's Short For Maxine
Chapter 2: Homicidal Maniac & the Illegal Immigrant
Chapter 3: Under Oath at the Police Station
Chapter 4: He's a Total Child
Chapter 5: You Only Live Once
Chapter 6: Mister Perfect Has a Flaw
Chapter 8: I Love You Kiddo
Chapter 9: I Walked Into a Wall
Chapter 10: He Knows What Fine Means
Chapter 11: Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee
Chapter 12: Let's Be Cats
Chapter 13: If You Ever Needed a Sign
Chapter 14: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Chapter 15: Max Are You High?
Chapter 16: Stop Being So Awkward
Chapter 17: Speaking of Asses
Chapter 18: Have Him Wrap His Burrito
Chapter 19: She Went to Princeton, I Went to Juvie
Chapter 20: Random Dudes in Potato-sack Dresses
Chapter 21: This is So Painful To Watch
Chapter 22: I Love You Too But Whatever
Chapter 23: Like Meeting The Queen of England
Chapter 24: This is Why I Hate You
Chapter 25: Using Gadgets is Hip
Chapter 26: Like Being Back in The Womb
Chapter 27: Why'd You Think I Ended Up in Juvie?
Chapter 28: Let's Make a Deal
Chapter 29: No One Listens To Their Own Advice
Chapter 30: I Guess Miracles Do Happen
Chapter 31: Baby You're Projecting
Chapter 32: You Married Me To Get a Green Card
Chapter 33: Did You Just Say Dad?
Chapter 34: Feel Me Up, Spikey
Chapter 35: Flowers? Am I Dying?
Chapter 36: I'm Going To Kill Kellin
SEQUEL

Chapter 7: I'm the Other Woman

1.6K 85 62
By LexusRat

and I can't help myself, I just keep posting chapters. maybe I'm so caught up in writing because I'm secretly nervous af for my job interview tomorrow. yep, that's it. see- who needs a therapist? I can figure myself out ha.. ha.. ha.. alrighty, enjoy!

--------------------

"Hey, where are you going?" Vic whined with a sleepy smile on his face, while securing his arms tighter around me.

I was just about to get out of his bed, but apparently he wasn't having it. "Well, it's seven in the morning, and unlike you, I need to be at work by eight." I informed him as a matter-of-factly.

Vic groaned and slowly let go of me. "Christ, how can you even do that? We slept like what- two hours, maybe?"

I gave him a deadpanned look. "Well you started it."

"And you didn't stop me." He then simply retorted with a devilish smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and stole the sheets off him, wrapping them tightly around myself before finally swinging my legs off the side of the bed. "Hey, why are you stealing the sheets?" Vic then whined as he quickly covered himself with his pillow.

"Well in case you forgot, my uniform is somewhere on the living room floor."

He grinned at that answer, obviously not regretting one bit of last night's events. Well, last night- more like a few hours ago. I didn't exactly regret it either, though. I really should, but damnit, he was just. . . He was just Vic, okay?

And lack of sleep was something I was used to. Thankfully I was tending to the coffee machine during my morning shift anyway. I would survive.

Vic suddenly leaned over and kissed my cheek, which was rather unexpected. Mostly the warm feeling in my gut that came with it was what surprised me. "See you later." He then said as I left the room, giving me a small wave before I was out of sight.

I found my uniform within seconds and bent over to pick it up, only then to be met by an unfamiliar face as I stood back up.

"Who the hell are you?" The brunette asked me, a bit of a demanding tone to her voice.

I raised both my eyebrows and looked at her a little unimpressed. "I could ask you the same thing." I simply retorted, adding a slight edge to my own tone.

She eyed me up and down for a moment with a disapproving look on her face. Then she held up her hand, showing me the back of it. "I am the fiancée of the man who lives here-" She pointed out, and that's when my eyes fell on the sparkly ring around her finger. "And so I would very much like an explanation as to why you just came out of his bedroom."

What the. . . what the flying fuck?! Vic's engaged?!

And he didn't bother to tell me?!

He didn't even. . . oh my god- he cheated on her, with me! I am the other woman! Oh my lord I felt so gross- and stupid- and humiliated.

And let's not forget fucking used!

"Yeah, it would probably be in your best interest to just get out of here." The brunette then suggested in a demeaning tone.

Without a word, I headed up the stairs and stormed into the bathroom, firmly shutting the door behind me. I didn't even give myself the time to come to grips with how the whole situation made me feel, simply because I didn't want to feel anything. This woman was the one who should've been upset, not me.

As I was trying to fix my embarrassing sex hair- which by the way I did regret now- there was a knock on the door. "Max, are you in there?" Vic asked.

"Leave me alone." I snarled, basically giving up at that point and just throwing my hair into a quick sloppy bun.

"Max, I can explain this."

I groaned and unlocked the door, swinging it open with way more force than I had intended. I guess you could say that I was a little mad. "Explain what?" I then snapped. "How it somehow slipped your mind that you were in a relationship? How you literally just cheated on your fiancée with me? How I'm the bad person now even though I had no fucking idea?!"

Vic frowned curiously at me. "Fiancée? Is that what she said?" He then asked me.

My jaw dropped momentarily. "Well tell me, are you engaged to her or not?!" I practically yelled, waving my hands around in a frustrated manner.

"Well technically-"

I groaned, cutting him off. "Never mind, don't fucking answer that. I don't even get why I'm so upset over this." I murmured as I stormed passed him and went back downstairs to quickly put on my shoes and grab my coat so I could finally leave.

I could feel his fiancée's glaring eyes burning into me as I walked past her. Something in me wanted to apologize, but this wasn't my mistake. This was Vic's mistake. Damn it, I couldn't believe this guy!

- - -

"One cinnamon roll and a coffee for you, sir." I sighed, completely disinterested as I shoved the order onto the booth's table.

The man looked down at his cup and then back up to me with an annoyed frown. "I asked you for a latté, not a regular coffee." He complained.

"And I asked god to keep assholes out of my life, but he wasn't listening either." I then simply retorted before walking off.

I groaned in frustration as I slammed open the door to the kitchen and went inside. Kellin spotted me and raised a single eyebrow. "Can you meet me in the freezer, please?" He asked calmly.

"Why?" I mumbled, sounding a lot bitchier than I meant to.

"Because you need to cool the hell down, sweetie."

I rolled my eyes and sighed as Kellin grabbed me by the arm and actually did start dragging me towards the freezer. I struggled for a moment, which only made his grip on my arm tighten. Dear lord, here we go.

We entered the freezer, and only then Kellin let go of me. He turned towards me with an accusing frown on his face and crossed his arms over his chest. "What the hell is up with you this morning?" He demanded to know. "And don't tell me it's that time of the month, because even on your period you're not this bad."

"Does it even matter?" I murmured a little disinterested.

"Well it does if you don't want Jaime to fire your pretty ass because you're serving the customers their orders with extra rudeness on the side, miss Grinch."

I let out an exasperated sigh, knowing that Kellin was right. "Fine, I'll try to be nicer."

"Not good enough." He then said. "I want to know what caused this. Did something happen between you and Vic?"

"A lot happened." I admitted sourly, letting out another deep sigh.

"Uh oh."

"Uh oh is right!" I then blurted out. "I mean. . . everything was going great! You know, I thought about what you and I talked about; so I thought hey fuck it, let's do this. Let's actually give into what I want and see how it works out. And you know what? It blew right up in my face like a slut getting an unexpected facial."

Kellin snickered a little at my choice of words, apologizing immediately, but not being able to hide his amusement.

"Kells, this isn't funny!" I yelled desperately.

"Okay- alright. . . I'm sorry. What happened?" He then asked, putting on a serious tone again.

I sighed deeply, letting my arms fall limply at my sides. "After we got home from the karaoke night, things got a little heated and we ended up having sex."

Kellin's eyes went wide in surprise, but he didn't say anything.

"And like, it was great because, for the first time ever someone asked me to stay. Kellin, he asked me to stay and fucking cuddle with him. I didn't get sent away and I didn't have to sneak out in the early morning to do the walk of shame in last night's clothes."

"Wow, walking upstairs, that would have to be the worst walk of shame ever-"

"Kellin!" I scoffed, feeling like a total fucking idiot now.

He sighed, raising his hands in surrender. "Alright, alright, sorry. Go on."

I groaned and rubbed my hands over my face, almost not wanting to think about it again. I was really afraid that I'd never hear the end of it.

"When I left his room this morning to head here, I walked into his fiancée." I finally told him, my tone growing sad and sour at the same time as the words left my mouth.

That was when I really started to feel it. I wasn't just mad- I was hurt. I was disappointed and hurt. Maybe not to the point of heartbroken, but it had definitely done a number on me.

"His fiancée?" Kellin gasped, his hands flying up to his mouth in shock. I simply nodded, closing my eyes and sighing deeply. "Oh my god honey, I'm so sorry." He then added, an honest sympathetic tone to his voice as he wrapped me into a hug.

I wrapped my arms back around him and rested my head on his shoulder. For a moment I actually thought that this would've gone differently. But nope.

What the hell was I gonna do now, though?

I really didn't want to go knock on Tay's door with my pathetic ass. Even though I knew she'd welcome me with open arms, I just couldn't.

"Just forget about that asshole, alright?" Kellin said as he gently rubbed my back.

Yeah, if only I could. I was emotionally already way too deep into this. But at least this time I didn't end up pregnant. That's one thing I had learned, at least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 12.6K 34
Being stripped of trouble is easier said than done, especially when it's doubled. Despite not knowing of each other's existences, Kellin Quinn and Vi...
54.4K 4.3K 22
While living in a world full of rainbow pens, fat pigeons, sarcastic mothers, and Tumblr, the drama surrounding Vic Fuentes is just the icing on the...
289K 21K 45
While cleaning out his room to leave for college, Kellin Quinn discovers a mysterious book which holds his whole life story. Past, present, and futur...
10.9K 612 39
Ray (16) never had the best life growing up. She was put in an group home at the age of 4. She was always picked on by the other kids, not only at s...