Contagious Chemistry (Vic Fue...

Von LexusRat

Max Dawson is a free spirited girl with a sassy sense of humor and a bad past, trying to prove to the world t... Mehr

Chapter 1: It's Short For Maxine
Chapter 2: Homicidal Maniac & the Illegal Immigrant
Chapter 3: Under Oath at the Police Station
Chapter 5: You Only Live Once
Chapter 6: Mister Perfect Has a Flaw
Chapter 7: I'm the Other Woman
Chapter 8: I Love You Kiddo
Chapter 9: I Walked Into a Wall
Chapter 10: He Knows What Fine Means
Chapter 11: Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee
Chapter 12: Let's Be Cats
Chapter 13: If You Ever Needed a Sign
Chapter 14: Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Chapter 15: Max Are You High?
Chapter 16: Stop Being So Awkward
Chapter 17: Speaking of Asses
Chapter 18: Have Him Wrap His Burrito
Chapter 19: She Went to Princeton, I Went to Juvie
Chapter 20: Random Dudes in Potato-sack Dresses
Chapter 21: This is So Painful To Watch
Chapter 22: I Love You Too But Whatever
Chapter 23: Like Meeting The Queen of England
Chapter 24: This is Why I Hate You
Chapter 25: Using Gadgets is Hip
Chapter 26: Like Being Back in The Womb
Chapter 27: Why'd You Think I Ended Up in Juvie?
Chapter 28: Let's Make a Deal
Chapter 29: No One Listens To Their Own Advice
Chapter 30: I Guess Miracles Do Happen
Chapter 31: Baby You're Projecting
Chapter 32: You Married Me To Get a Green Card
Chapter 33: Did You Just Say Dad?
Chapter 34: Feel Me Up, Spikey
Chapter 35: Flowers? Am I Dying?
Chapter 36: I'm Going To Kill Kellin
SEQUEL

Chapter 4: He's a Total Child

1.9K 108 63
Von LexusRat

I had a lot of fun writing this one hehe...

--------------------

The weekend rolled around fast enough, and I had managed to find out a few more things about mister handsome. Besides the fact that he loved food, he also had quite a wide range in his taste of music. He was a creative person, I could definitely tell when I found out that he had built up numerous websites for big companies and designed merchandise for quite a few big bands.

He was really good at his job too, which then actually led to me being even more nervous about what I was going to paint for him.

I noticed in his work that he liked to keep things abstract and mysterious; sometimes the images and layouts made no sense and had no relation to the product or topic. . . yet somehow it worked. It was sort of a controlled chaos kind of thing, but with a hint of damn near perfection.

I wondered if I could do that.

I especially saw how much of a genius Vic really was when I noticed the doodles on his paperwork. In my opinion, all of the creatively genius people doodle. Don't agree? Fine, fight me.

The canvas that Vic had bought was 2 foot high and about 2,5 foot wide. It definitely made up for the depressing piece that was currently hanging on the wall, but it also meant that I had a lot to fill up. Lucky me, Vic bought enough paint, probably to last me a couple of years. And it was definitely the good kind.

After setting everything up on a small table beside the big piece of canvas, I dressed into a grey shirt and a pair of my short dungarees, not forgetting a pair of socks since the cement floor was quite cold sometimes.

Vic wasn't home so I just put one of his vinyls on the record player, blasting it practically as loudly as it could go, and began my 'creative process'.

A few hours, some dancing, a little singing, and a lot of painting later, it was finally starting to become something. I had started out with bland, grey and woodsy colors, only to break it off with bright reds and greens, not really creating anything in particular. I just did whatever the music in the background made me feel like doing.

"Wow, this looks amazing." I suddenly heard Vic say, making me jump two feet to the side. I held my hand to my heart as he laughed at me. Ass.

"It's not finished." I grumbled, pointing the paintbrush in his direction. I was tempted to let some paint fling onto him, but I decided to be nice. So instead, I made my way to the record player, but not before making sure that I wasn't leaving stains behind on the floor, and turned down the music to a normal volume.

I walked back, spotting Vic intently looking at the unfinished painting. He reached out one of his fingers to it and I quickly smacked his hand away with the paintbrush. "Don't touch it! It's still wet!"

"That's not a phrase I hear very often." Vic then said with a suggestive smirk on his face.

I snorted and rolled my eyes. Such a perv. He caught me off guard, though; I didn't even have a good comeback.

"Can I- can I try something?" He then asked, pointing at the canvas.

"If you want to screw up the painting, be my guest." I permitted with a joking grin as I got out of the way of the paint and brushes stalled out behind me.

Vic grabbed a brush and dipped it into some red, then held it out in front of my face. "Teach me." He simply said.

He then turned to the canvas and held the brush closely to an untouched part, waiting for my instructions while smiling sweetly at me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine, I'll teach you."

Of course, he immediately screwed up, but it wasn't something that couldn't be fixed. It's not like the finishing product was a planned subject anyway. I tried giving him plain and simple instructions, but I swear he was like a child lost in the woods.

At one point I got a little frustrated, so I ended up just grabbing him by the back of his hand while I stood closely behind him, and guided his hand where it needed to go to make it do what I wanted him to do.

I put my other hand on his waist to move him around a little, completely forgetting for a moment who he was as I got lost in my own concentration.

We basically finished the piece together like that, him painting and me guiding him. Which actually turned out kind of great. We were still standing in that same position with my hand on his waist and my other hand holding onto his, admiring the finished piece for a moment, until he turned his head to me.

For a brief moment, our eyes locked and I felt a sort of tension building up. "Thank you." Vic then spoke, finally breaking my momentary trance.

I shook my head and immediately backed away from him. "Um yeah- you're totally welcome. You did a great job." I quickly complimented him, trying to shake off the awkwardness that I was feeling.

"We did a great job." Vic corrected me with a genuine smile.

I looked at the piece again and smiled, pretty satisfied with the result. I think it was actually one of the best pieces I'd ever made.

"Just one more thing." I said as I grabbed the black paint and poured some into a tray. "It's not finished until there's an autograph on it."

I dipped my flat hand into the black paint and took most of it off, just so that my print would be noticeable. That's how I always did my 'autograph' on big pieces; a handprint and my usual Max-D signature underneath it.

"Come on, you too." I urged Vic, pulling him towards me. I then dipped his hand into the black paint as well and moved us to the top right corner of the canvas. He kind of got the hint by then and we both pressed our hands onto the canvas, leaving behind two distinct black handprints.

I then quickly wrote both his and my name below the prints and smiled contently. Now it was finished.

"Great, now I got paint all over my hand." Vic murmured in fake annoyance. He then reached out to my face with his paint-covered hand and slowly wiped it off on my cheek.

"Vic!" I squealed mid-gasp, launching myself to the remaining black paint, not even having to think twice about it. I dipped my fingers into the paint and smeared it across his face, earning a surprised yelp from him.

"Max!" He complained in return, giving me a playful nudge. I stumbled back just momentarily, slipping a little on the plastic that covered the ground. I almost lost my balance until I felt Vic's arms wrap around my waist, making sure I stayed upright.

I looked up at him and started snickering, amused with my little piece of art on his face. "Our masterpiece is officially done now." I joked.

"Oh I don't think it is." He said with a devilish grin as he reached for something behind me. Oh god. Oh no. Oh fuck, too late.

"Wait, no! Vic, don't do that, come on!" I squealed as I struggled to get out of his grasp. Damnit, he was stronger than I thought.

Vic held the bottle of red paint over my head and squeezed all of it out on top of my hair. I whined and groaned as I felt it running down my face and drip into my shirt. God that felt so weird.

As he was still dumping basically all of the paint on top of my head, I continued to struggle for dear life, both of us ending up tumbling over onto the ground. Good thing the plastic was underneath us, otherwise paint would've been everywhere by now.

We both slipped into a fit of giggles and laughter as we lay on the ground, Vic holding me on top of him with one of his arms still secured around me. For a 32-year-old, he was a total child.

Our laughter slowly died down and our eyes locked again. My breathing hitched in my throat when I felt the same tension as before. I noticed Vic's eyes moving away from mine and trailing down to my lips, and that's when I thought; fuck it.

So I kissed him.

I was honest to god relieved when he actually kissed me back, otherwise it would've made this so incredibly awkward.

His lips were soft, just slightly wet, and they moved so perfectly with mine. The way he kissed me sent chills down my spine and made fireworks explode in my head. Holy shit.

But damnit, he was a good kisser. I had almost hoped that after his totally amazing range in interests, his love for good food, his playful personality and perfect looks, that he would at least be a bad kisser. But nope.

Maybe he was bad in bed?

Okay, no, this is not the time to think about that.

Oh my god, was my last breathless thought as I pulled back. I looked down at Vic, his lips curling into a slight grin as he looked right back at me. I felt strangely alive all of a sudden. As if I'd died and kissing him had brought me back to life like an AED would. Then again, according to Tay I was emotionally dead most of the time. But wow.

"Wow." Vic then breathed.

Yeah, exactly that. Fucking wow.

"I um- I think I'm going to take a shower before this paint dries up." I then quickly excused myself before climbing off Vic and making my way upstairs. For some reason I just wasn't ready to talk about what had just happened, and I had the strong feeling that he did want to talk about it.

I knew that I liked it, though. I liked it a lot. And I definitely wanted to do it again. My morals flew right out the window the second he kissed me back. Again. . . wow.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

310K 7.8K 25
Kellin is a new kid in the senior class at Vic's school. He deals with many things, including abuse and self-harm. Vic slowly begins to fall in love...
52K 1.9K 39
Wild and reckless, Kellin Quinn is a rich, over indulged little brat who loves to party hard. His antics are getting in the way of his parent's publi...
10.9K 612 39
Ray (16) never had the best life growing up. She was put in an group home at the age of 4. She was always picked on by the other kids, not only at s...
52.5K 3.5K 20
Kellin Quinn: a popular, non-binary instagrammer with an affinity for makeup and art. Vic Fuentes: a very quiet boy with a rough past. And when Kelli...