Fragments - KathNiel One Shots

By FlurriedSimplicity

šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™ Fragments of my thoughts, collected experiences, along with a spur of my imagination, pieced and separ... More

Mr. Seloso
Bote ng C2
Starbucks
Mangga?
Cleaner?
Minsan Kasi...
Notebook
MOVE ON
Brutal na Pag-Ibig
Kisapmata
Si Kitkat at si Rocher
My 11:11 Wish
Ako Na Lang
The Best Birthday
Pagdating ng panahon
Si Gael
Hi Crush! :)
Hi Love! :)
Perfect Timing (PNP prt. 2)
Perpekto (Her Side)
Perpekto (His Side)
Bakit ba kita minahal?
He Loves Me........ He Loves Me Not.
LOL Have Fun
Scars
Fact About Kathryn Bernardo...............
Asar
Seatmate?
Ever Again
Sorry Na.........
Laruan
Bally, I'm Sorry.
Bally, I'm Sorry (Part 2)
Superman? SUPERMANHID
Hanggang dito nalang
If I Had A Choice
If I Had A Choice (HER SIDE)
Hinding Hindi Na
Ikaw
Never
I don't
Happy Birthday, Love. (Birthday Special)
Spaces
Paano ba?
I see
Hindi na kami
Swerte nga naman
Si Daniel (Birthday Special #1)
Creep (Birthday Special #2)
The way you look at me (Birthday Special #3)
Package Deal (Birthday Special #4: Bonus)
Kahit ano ka pa
Sana Maulit Muli
Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal
The One That Got Away
Hanggang Kailan Kita Mamahalin
Finally
Hanggang
Special Ingredient
Si Tatay
Si Nanay
Crazy in Love
Again
Perfect Thursday
Still Thursday
Picture Perfect
Home This Christmas
AngYna
Lovesick
Worth it
In The Mind of The "Best" Boyfriend
All That Matters
In His Arms
P R O T E C T O R
Never Too Far
A Queen
Graduation
#PSYAppreciationLunch
I Don't Wanna Cry
Kiss Me
When I Saw You
Bittersweet
Bliss
Understand
Can't Let Go
Against All Odds
Toxic
Half
I Like You Meter
Mended
The Cutest
Nag-Iisa Lang
One Sweet Day
Headcanon
Forever
Still
The 10th
Forever Thankful
Miss you most
The Mechanic
Miss Universe
Fluff
All I've Ever Wanted
Just To Hold You Once Again
Baby Girl
To Love Thee
Deflection
Wolves
Kislap
After All
Lapses
When
Not an update, but VERY important (UPDATE ON SITUATION)
For All It's Worth
Kontento
Dito lang ako
Like This

So In Love

1.6K 34 2
By FlurriedSimplicity

3-22-16

Life is hard.

It was the truth that Kathryn has learned to grasp on more so.

Oo, pumuputak parin siya pag hindi nakukuha ang gusto niya. (Daddy's girl, at prinsesa ng pamilya kasi)

She still grunts whenever her alarm wakes her up early in the morning. (She was NEVER much of a morning person)

Naliliyo parin siya kapag nakakakita ang mga katrabaho niya na pinagmamayabang ang halatadong galing Divisoria na Hermes bag. (If only she could show them what an authentic Hermes bag looks like.)

She still complains of having to wash the dishes after dinner. (She wished she had one of those dishwashers from home)

Iniiyakan parin niya ang pagkawala ng kuryente dahil hindi pa siya nakakapagbayad.(Gipit ang sweldo)

But it's not like she ever had a choice.

She wasn't living in luxury anymore.

Kailangan niyang gumising ng maaga, para makakain siya ng tatlong beses araw araw. Kailangan niyang magtiis sa 500 pesos worth na handbag wag lang mawala ang gamit at pera niya.

She has to stick to her budget, if she wanted to be able to have light to pacify the darkness of the small apartment she's renting.

Ang puno't dulo, kailangan niyang mabuhay ng hindi man puro luho, Malaya naman siya at masaya.

She had to survive being an ordinary person, because frankly, she can't bear to marry a man she does not love.

And that was the problem of being rich. You somehow become a goldmine and a product to be traded just for money.

Many may say that money makes the world go round, but she begged to differ.

Love is what makes the world go round.

Napangiti siya ng makita ang pangalan ng nagsend ng text sa kanya.

'Love, I'll pick you up later ha? 5 sharp. Love youuuuu'

Thank God she had Daniel. All the sacrifices were somehow worth it.

--------------------------

"Deej, where are we going ?" Tanong niya habang palinga linga sa paligid. It was somewhat familiar for some odd reason. Pero hindi niya mapinpoint kung saan talaga.

"I think it's time to introduce you to my family." He says smiling, bago kinuha ang kamay niya at hinalik halikan ito.

"What?! Are you serious? Ugh nakakahiya ang suot ko!" It was true, she was wearing plain denim jeans and an old shirt. Kung alam lang niya, she would've worn the dress she bought recently.

"Babe, you look beautiful," "But--!"

"Ep! Maganda ka kahit anong suotin mo. You don't have to dress up for my family. You'll be a part of it soon." Napalubog siya sa inuupuan sa sinabi nito.

"I want to at least look presentable." Napanguso nalang siya. "It will be fine, I promise. Plus, intensyon ko naman talagang di sabihin, kasi gusto ko komportable ka sa suot mo pagpunta natin. I want you to be your best, and you are your best when you're yourself. So don't worry okay. They'll love you!" Nakuntento nalang siya sa sinabi ni Daniel. She knows him well enough to trust his words.

--------------------------

She was starting to get fidgety.

She sucks with this meet-the-parents kind of thing! Not like she was in the same situation before, but that's the point! It was her first time, and she had hopes for this to be the last time! She had to make a good impression.

Nanlaki nalang ang mata niya ng tumigil ang sasakyan. "Shoot! Andito na tayo?!" She curses under her breath. "God DJ, I love you but I really hate you right now!" He laughs at her remarks.

"Bakit ka natawa?! I'm so freaking close to stabbing you right now, you don't even f--" Napatigil siya ng hapitin siya nito palapit at halikan ng malalim sa labi.

Namumula at hinihingal na siya nang humiwalay ito. "DJ naman e." Partida, halos nagbabanggaan parin ang ilong nila sa posisyong iyon. "So beautiful to me, baby." Palipat lipat ang tingin nito mula sa mata niya at sa labi niya. "I wanna kiss you again."

She smiled playfully before planting a kiss on his lips. "You're driving me insane, Kathryn." Ungot nito bago magnakaw uli ng halik, saka bumaba ng kotse. "Shall we?" Inilahad nito ang kamay para hawakan niya. 'Kukunin ko ba? Hmp'

"Ayaw." She pouts and stubbornly crosses her arms. "Stop being so adorable." She stuck her tongue out playfully. "I might consider ditching this dinner and just have our usual movie marathons....... if you continue doing that."

"I'd like that, actually." She bats her eyelashes at his direction. He groans. "You're making this hard for me."

"Can't I at least prepare myself." Inirapan siya nito. "Fine, two minutes."

"What? Hoy, extend!" Reklamo niya, pero tinitigan lang siya nito, "DJ!"

"Okay, ubos na oras mo let's gooo!" Hinila siya nito patayo, "ANONG?! HOY! ANDAYA-AAAAAH!" Nagulat nalang siya ng buhatin siya nito bigla at kinarga siya na parang sako. "Iiiih!" Pinalo palo niya ang likod nito.

"Put me down, you dork aaaaaah! I said put me do---" Natutop niya ang bibig nang marinig ang pagbukas ng pinto. "Shoot!"

Iniayos nito ang pagkakabuhat sakanya, nakasukbit na ang pareho niyang kamay sa leeg nito at para silang bagong kasal. Hinalikan siya nito sa pisngi bago dumako ang atensyon sa mama nito.

"Hi ma!" Daniel greets enthusiastically. "Ibaba mo kooo!" She says lowly. "Nope," She sighs and hides her face meekly.

"Nak! Jusko kanina pa kami naghihintay, yun pala naglalambingan lang kayo.." She blushes harder. "Ma naman, mahiyain tong asawa ko e," She didn't hesitate to slap him. Na umani naman ng masaganang tawa mula sa nanay ni Daniel.

"Put me down, pleasee" Pagmamakaawa niya, "What do I get in return?" Bulong nito sa may tenga niya kaya lalo lang siyang namula.

"I'll cook your all your faves tomorrow." She proposes, but he smirks, "Not good enough."

"Ugh fine, I'll let you sleep in my room for a week."

"Tabi tayo?" He muses, eyes sparkling at the thought. "No--"

"Then I won't put you down. I could carry you all night long and you'd sit on my lap while eating dinner and while----" He rambles. "FINE, TABI TAYO JUST PUT ME DOWN!" Gusto na niyang lumubog sa sobrang kahihiyan.

"Not yet, repeat our terms of agreement."

"Pumapayag ako na magkatabi tayong matutulog sa kwarto ko for a week, ibaba mo lang ako ngayon na. Good enough?"

"Much. Love you," Bulong ulit nito bago siya ibaba ng dahan dahan.

Ngayon lang niya nakita na wala na pala ang mama ni Daniel sa pintuan. Ganon ba sila katagal?

"Ah, Good Eveni---" Napatigil siya nang makita ang nakaupo sa sala. Naramdaman niya ang braso ni Daniel na pumulupot sa bewang niya, bago marahang hinalikan ang tuktok ng ulo niya.

No, he wouldn't do this. I trust him.

"Buti at nakarating kayo ng safe." Ineexpect talaga ang pagdating nila. Ibig sabihin...

Hindi Kathryn. Hindi yon gagawin ni Daniel.

"Para naman pong hahayaan kong mapahamak ang unica ija ninyo." Daniel jokes.

She was still shocked of what was happening. Hindi niya alam ang gagawin. "I see you've taken good care of my princess."

Halos umiyak siya dahil don.

"Great job, son. I mean, son-in-law." They both chuckled.

She almost broke down, but she didn't. She almost ran away, but she can't. She almost backed out, but she couldn't.

It was all coming to her at once.

She felt betrayed.

---------------------

The awkward atmosphere continued till dinner. She kept mum the whole time they were there. And now, she's plainly playing with her food.

"Sweetie," Tawag ng ama niya. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, dad," She spat, almost too bitterly, "Just under the weather."

She lied. It was something much more than her lame excuse.

"Oh, gusto mo na bang magpahinga?" Tanong ng mama ni Daniel na tila nag-aalala, "You can rest on Daniel's room," Halos ayaw na niyang pumayag, pero pagod na talaga siya.

Physically, but mostly emotionally.

Lahat ng nararamdaman niya, whether good or bad, lahat ng tungkol sa kanya, alam ni Daniel. He knows her at like, the back of his hand! But she fears the moment that she finds out that he's using her just to get his part of the share.

It was a trade off. Simple marketing skill.

But she loves him, so much, she'll break if she continues. She's losing all the confidence she gained. She thinks so lowly of herself right now.

"Thank you po." Sabay tayo niya, at hindi na rin siya nagulat ng tumayo rin si Daniel. "Stay, Kain ka pa... I'll be fine." She hoped she will.

-----------------

Ilang minuto pa lang siyang nagpipikit pikitan nang marinig niya ang pagbukas ng pinto. "Kath?" Pagtawag sa kanya ni Daniel. Soon enough, his presence was nearing her pretending self.

"Kath naman e. Nagtutulug-tulugan ka lang...." Natatawang ani nito. "Love,"

"DJ, mahal mo ba talaga ako?" Her lips quivered as the question came like a soft whisper. Daniel was surely taken aback.

"Anong problema?" Tears poured out.

"Shit, Love, anong meron?" Natatarantang tanong nito sa kanya. Nanikip lalo ang dibdib niya.

"How long have you known my father?" Tanong niya. She feared his answer.

"Sabi ko na nga ba maiisip mo to e." Daniel grunts harshly, shaking his head involuntarily.

"Listen. You remember our first kiss?" Tumango siya kahit naguguluhan. "Hindi ako nagpakita sayo ng ilang araw. Hindi na nga dapat talaga ako magpapakita, because I was already in love with you even before that......... So in love....... pero naipagkasundo na ako.."

"I didn't want to be happy with you but hurt you in the process, you know? Gustong gusto ng puso kong makasama ka, pero alam ko non ay aalis din ako.... masasaktan ka... mas okay na yung habang gusto mo palang ako ay umalis na agad ako..... baka mahulog ka pa sakin lalo at mas masakit ang magiging paglisan ko."

"Umuwi ako kila mama non. For days I've been on my room all day, thinking of you. Believe me, naisip kong itanan ka na non..... until I met your father. He came by our house. He was a friend of my parents since their highschool days. We were introduced, at habang naguusap kami ay eventually, nagtrail yung usapan sa supposed to be bride ko. He told me about the day she left and how he went to great measures just to find her, but she was to no avail."

"Ikinwento mo na sakin yung pagalis mo diba? Naisip kong pamilyar yung kinekwento niya..... I asked for his daughters' name, and my heart stopped when he said yours. I even asked for a photo just to be sure. I remember hugging him after."

"I told him about us, how we met, everything. I poured my heart out to him, and I was screaming inside, because finally. I can be with you."

"He wanted to give you the time you need, so ibinilin ka nalang niya muna sa akin. He made me promise to take care of you and to love you with all my heart. I can only hope that I did what I was told." Napatahimik siya sa narinig.

This is what happens when she overreacts and makes ridiculous conclusions too early.

"I love you, Kath.... I'm so deeply in love with you to the point na I just want to marry you at this moment. I could never do that to you, Baby. Mahal na mahal kita." Hinalikan siya nito sa noo.

"I love you," Bulong niya nalang pabalik. "I'm sorry...." Nahihiyang tinago niya ang sarili.

"No, no, don't say sorry okay? Sorry kasi nabigla yata kita.... hindi ko rin kasi alam na pupunta pala si Tito dito."

"Usog ka nga, love." Naguguluhan siya sa sinabi nito. Tinawanan lang siya at mismong si Daniel ang nagusog sa kanya. He laid beside her after.

She blushed, "Let's sleep," Pagod na hinila siya ni Daniel palapit. His arms, as if having minds of their own, wrapped around her waist securely. His lips left a soft kiss on her forehead and lips before he snuggled closer.

"J!" Natatawang itinulak niya ito palayo, "Bali, let's sleep please." Inaantok na talagang reklamo nito kaya wala siyang nagawa kundi payagan ang ginawa nito.

"I love you, I'm so in love with you...." Was the last thing she heard before dozing off.

---------------------------

I actually expected more out of this, but this is what I came up with.

All That Matters part 2 will be called P R O T E C T O R, And will be up on March 26, Kuting's birthday of course. I have two or three one shots reserved for that day, so stay tuned!

For now, indulge yourself in this one. Okay? Okay! THANK YOU!

PS. As always, feedback is very much appreciated. I accept ideas! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 327 16
- Wherein two enemies, fake a relationship to deter a annoying admirer. As they play the part, their staged romance turns genuine, forcing them to c...
270K 10K 62
My collection of JENLISA one shot stories. May contain some stories written in Filipino.
49K 2.3K 36
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...
19.9K 800 28
Aeros, a gangster who fell in love for the first time and ready to change just for the woman he loves. "Dos" was surrounded by rules that could prev...