WILD ➞ Fred Weasley

由 rxmione

YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well... 更多

disclaimers
trailers
WILD
graphic gallery
epigraph
prologue
PART ONE
i. lockhart and lockdowns
ii. summer's a knife
iii. baby, please come home!
iv. pretty boy
v. winter days drifting away
vi. hypothetically speaking
vii. the end of an era
PART TWO
viii. this is why we can't have nice things
ix. new term, new death-trap
x. good times and age lines
xi. love stinks
xii. yule-posals
xiii. a winter's ball
xiv. blame it on the alcohol
xv. the black lake
xvi. spicy pisces
xvii. all for nothing at all
xviii. life and death
PART THREE
xix. like father, like daughter
xx. smells like amortentia
xxi. midnight memories
xxiii. hog's head
xxiv. the highs and lows of inter-house quidditch
xxv. locker room kisses
xxvi. bring your daughter to work day
xxvii. a very grimmauld christmas (part one)
xxviii. a very grimmauld christmas (part two)
PART FOUR
xxix. much ado about something
xxx. stupid cupid
xxxi. chivalry is not dead
xxxii. secret secret, i've got a secret
xxxiii. there's no crying in quidditch
xxxiv. sparks fly
xxxv. unpathed waters, undreamed shores
xxxvi. george and fred's dramatic departure
xxxvii. blessed be the peacemakers
xxxviii. dusk 'till dawn
PART FIVE
xxxix. opening day
xl. infatuation
xli. any way the wind blows
xlii. clean
xliii. the order of the pheonix
xliv. nasty nineteen
xlv. 'twas the night before christmas
xlvi. last christmas
xlvii. snowmageddon
xlviii. my funny valentine
xlix. family ties
l. song sung blue
li. funeral
PART SIX
lii. the one
liii. lover's quarrel
liv. holier than thou
lv. happy birthday, harry! sorry your party's so lame
lvi. marriage is what brings us together
lvii. ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies
A/N (ANNOUNCEMENT!)
lviii. the morning after
lix. 'o brother, where art thou
lx. potterwatch
lxi. sweet child o' mine
lxii. birthday at the burrow
lxiii. but it's not like chrismtas at all
lxiv. the babysitter's club
lxv. girl's night in
lxvi. elysium
lxvii. ollivander
lxviii. one day more
lxix. as the world caves in
lxx. may third
epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
ALTERNATE ENDING #1
A/N!!

xxii. badges, brooms, and brothers

97.3K 3K 2.1K
由 rxmione

TWENTY TWO

BOOKLISTS ARRIVING WAS A NICE surprise. Rory always enjoyed seeing the curriculum for the upcoming year, it made her even more excited for school. The twins quickly opened their letters and scanned it with excitement. Rory nearly forgot she had one and peered over to look at Fred's.

"Well would you look at this, Georgie!" Fred gasped.

"Oh boy, we 'ought to tell the others." George smirked.

"Tell them what?" Rory asked, before they answered her, there was a crack and they were gone. The girl groaned and ran down the steps into Ron and Harry's room, where the boys were sitting, reading their letters.

"We were just wondering who assigned the Slinkhard book," said Fred. Rory raised an eyebrow and carefully opened her letter to investigate what they were discussing. She noticed something heavy as she unfolded the parchment. She wasn't even paying attention to what the twins were telling Harry as she saw what was included in her letter.

A gold and crimson badge that read, Head Girl.

She looked over at Ron, who also had a badge in hand and his mouth was wide open.

"What's up with you two?" asked George. Ron and Rory did not answer.

"What's the matter?" said Fred impatiently, moving around Ron to look over his shoulder at the letter. "Prefect?" he said, staring at the letter. "Prefect?"

"No way," said George in a hushed voice. "Wait, Rory... are you -?"

"Head Girl..." she said slolwly, "I'm Head Girl!"

"Well... that's great, Rory!" Fred smiled wrapping an arm around her and giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"Ron on the other hand..." George rolled his eyes.

"Prefect... ickle Ronnie the prefect..." Fred sighed. Rory shot the boys a dirty look, she hated when they teased Ron.

"Oh, Mum's going to be revolting," groaned George.

Hermione busted in the room with a badge in hand as well. Rory felt a bit bad for the twins and Harry for a moment. But really, she pitied Ron. Hermione came in congratulating Harry, assuming he had gotten it.

Another person joined them all, Mrs. Weasley came in with a basket of freshly folded laundry.

"Ginny said the booklists had come at last," she said, glancing around at all the envelopes and sorting the clothes into piles on the bed. "If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing. Ron, I'll have to get you more pajamas, these are at least six inches too short, I can't believe how fast you're growing... what color would you like?"

"Get him red and gold to match his badge," said George, smirking.

"Match his what?" said Mrs. Weasley absently, focused on her laundry.

"His badge," said Fred, with the air of getting the worst over quickly. "His lovely shiny new prefect's badge."

Mrs. Weasley looked at Ron, realization setting in.

The boy held up his badge and Mrs. Weasley shrieked.

"I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"

"What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" George scoffed.

"Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh Ronnie —"

Rory sat next to Hermione, who was still beaming. They watched as Mrs. Weasley tightly hugged Ron and kissed the poor boy all over his face. She giggled as Fred and George made retching noises behind their mother. Mrs. Weasley promised to get him a new broom as celebration and set off for Diagon Ally. Rory's dad had offered to help her shop the night before, so the girl only assumed her books would be taken care of.

"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?" said Fred once Mrs. Weasley left.

"We could curtsy, if you like," George joked.

"Oh, shut up," said Ron, scowling at them.

"Or what?" said Fred, a grin spreading across his face. "Going to put us in detention?"

"I'd love to see him try," George smirked.

"He could if you don't watch out!" said Hermione which caused Fred and George to burst out laughing.

"We're going to have to watch our step, George," said Fred, pretending to tremble, "with these three on our case... "

Rory rolled her eyes, "Fred! Cut it out!"

"Yeah, it looks like our law-breaking days are finally over," said George, shaking his head.

And with another loud crack, they were gone. Rory sighed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry about those two..." she shrugged, "Congratulations Ron, Hermione and... well Harry, congrats on not getting expelled."

Hermione smiled, "Congrats to you too, Rory! Head Girl... that's wonderful!"

Ron gave a weak smile and nod and Rory left.

The rest of the day was quite boring as everyone waited for Mrs. Weasley to return. Rory tried to contain her excitement for the twins' sake and decided to pack up her things so she didn't have to be around them for as long.

Mrs. Weasley returned at around six o' clock. Andrew accompanied her with handfuls of new school supplies. The second Rory heard noise downstairs, she ran to the basement to see her father.

"Head Girl, huh?" The man smiled, "I'm proud of you, dear." He gave his daughter a warm hug. Rory smiled as she embraced her father. It felt good to make her family proud, something she could never seem to do with her mother.

"Look at this sick banner," he said when he let go, moving his attention to the scarlet signage hanging over the dinning room table.

CONGRATULATIONS RON, HERMIONE, AND RORY - NEW PREFECTS AND HEAD GIRL.

"I love it!" Rory smiled.

"I got you a little something," he said as others joined them in the dinning room. "It can wait until after dinner."

Mrs. Weasley entered the room followed by the rest of the kids, "I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," she told them "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled."

Those who usually joined them for dinner had already arrived. Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Mad-Eye Moody. Rory got herself a butterbeer and stood next to Fred. For a bit, Fred pushed aside his grumpy attitude and celebrated with Rory.

"Well, I think a toast is in order," said Mr. Weasley, when everyone had a drink. He raised his cup. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects! And to Rory, Head Girl!"

Rory smiled shyly as everyone drank to her and applauded.

"I was never a prefect myself," said Tonks as everybody moved toward the table to help themselves to food. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities." Rory sat next to Fred and across from Andrew and served herself a baked potato.

"Like what?" said Ginny curiously.

"Like the ability to behave myself," said Tonks.

Ginny laughed and Hermione nearly choked on her butterbeer.

"What about you, Mr. Harrison?" Ginny asked, suddenly sounding slightly more meek.

Rory's father cracked a smile, "First of all, Ginny... you can call me Andy if you'd like. Second, I was in fact... and I'm ashamed to say, Prefect and Head Boy. Don't ask why, must've just been a bad batch of students that year and I was the best they got."

Rory felt Ginny nearly melt beside her. The girl rolled her eyes with a smile and continued eating. For some reason it made her happy to know that her father was Head Boy, it was like she was continuing his legacy. The rest of the night was amazing. The twins had set off early while Rory stayed behind to speak to her father. Most of the other members had dispersed around the house or left, and eventually it was just Rory and Andrew in the basement. He grabbed the pile of Rory's school supplies and set the items on the table. She noticed a package wrapped in a brown paper, shaped like what she could only guess was a broom.

"When I got Head Boy..." he began, "My dad got me a new broom. I thought it'd be best I do the same for you. I'm going to make sure I see you play sometime this year..."

Rory smiled and unwrapped the contents. Beneath the paper was the newest Firebolt.

"Dad... I'm not sure what to say." She said softly. She gave him a tight hug and whispered, "Thank you."

[][][][][]

THE NEXT MORNING WENT BY IN a blur as everyone prepared to head to King's Cross. About a week prior, Rory had sent a letter to Aaron with a vague message that told him to meet her by the Platform at ten. So, the girl and her father left before the rest of the family as to not be late. She said her goodbyes to Mr and Mrs. Weasley and told the kids she'd see them on the train.

Rory and Andrew arrived at the station, both very anxious to see Aaron. As the both silently approached the Platform... Rory saw the top of his dirty blonde hair between the swarm of busy travelers.

"He actually came," she said to Andrew, "I didn't even think of what to say to him... 'Hey Aaron here's your dad, your whole life has been based on a lie!'"

Andrew shrugged, "I'll explain everything to him if he's willing to listen. I don't want you worrying."

Rory took a deep breath and nodded as Aaron became clearer in front of her. The boy made eye contact with her and smiled softly. He waved weakly and she waved back. Then, his eyes landed on Andrew and his smile faded.

"Rory... hi." He said with furrowed brows, "Who's this?"

"Er... Aaron... this is — "

"I'm Andrew, I'm your dad," the man said. Rory stayed silent as Andrew told Aaron everything he'd told her just the month before. She watched Aaron's face reacted to everything he said. She could almost see the gears in his head turning at each word. Until finally, Andrew stopped and waited for a response.

Aaron nodded slowly, "All right... I'm not really sure what to say... I mean, I'm really glad you found us again. But Mum —"

"I'm not asking you to chose between your family," Andrew said, "I'll always be just an Owl away if you need anything. Come Christmas if you want to stay with me, or stay with your mother, it's your call."

"Okay." Aaron said, a small smile forming on his lips, "I'll think about it. Thanks. You'll write to me?"

Andrew nodded, "Of course."

Rory watched Aaron hugged their father, it almost made her emotional. There was hope of them becoming a proper family. She just had to make sure Christine didn't try and stand in the way.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

234 16 7
He promised her they'll back together after the war when breaking up with her amidst the war - She held onto that hope Unfortunately, he lost his tw...
95.9K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
226K 5.9K 45
"They held you. Without question. Without reason beyond love." "Come back to me." Entering your fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wiza...
1.3M 42.9K 115
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘸𝘪𝘻𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘛𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘻𝘢�...