WILD ➞ Fred Weasley

By rxmione

YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well... More

disclaimers
trailers
WILD
graphic gallery
epigraph
prologue
PART ONE
i. lockhart and lockdowns
ii. summer's a knife
iii. baby, please come home!
v. winter days drifting away
vi. hypothetically speaking
vii. the end of an era
PART TWO
viii. this is why we can't have nice things
ix. new term, new death-trap
x. good times and age lines
xi. love stinks
xii. yule-posals
xiii. a winter's ball
xiv. blame it on the alcohol
xv. the black lake
xvi. spicy pisces
xvii. all for nothing at all
xviii. life and death
PART THREE
xix. like father, like daughter
xx. smells like amortentia
xxi. midnight memories
xxii. badges, brooms, and brothers
xxiii. hog's head
xxiv. the highs and lows of inter-house quidditch
xxv. locker room kisses
xxvi. bring your daughter to work day
xxvii. a very grimmauld christmas (part one)
xxviii. a very grimmauld christmas (part two)
PART FOUR
xxix. much ado about something
xxx. stupid cupid
xxxi. chivalry is not dead
xxxii. secret secret, i've got a secret
xxxiii. there's no crying in quidditch
xxxiv. sparks fly
xxxv. unpathed waters, undreamed shores
xxxvi. george and fred's dramatic departure
xxxvii. blessed be the peacemakers
xxxviii. dusk 'till dawn
PART FIVE
xxxix. opening day
xl. infatuation
xli. any way the wind blows
xlii. clean
xliii. the order of the pheonix
xliv. nasty nineteen
xlv. 'twas the night before christmas
xlvi. last christmas
xlvii. snowmageddon
xlviii. my funny valentine
xlix. family ties
l. song sung blue
li. funeral
PART SIX
lii. the one
liii. lover's quarrel
liv. holier than thou
lv. happy birthday, harry! sorry your party's so lame
lvi. marriage is what brings us together
lvii. ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies
A/N (ANNOUNCEMENT!)
lviii. the morning after
lix. 'o brother, where art thou
lx. potterwatch
lxi. sweet child o' mine
lxii. birthday at the burrow
lxiii. but it's not like chrismtas at all
lxiv. the babysitter's club
lxv. girl's night in
lxvi. elysium
lxvii. ollivander
lxviii. one day more
lxix. as the world caves in
lxx. may third
epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
ALTERNATE ENDING #1
A/N!!

iv. pretty boy

168K 4.9K 9K
By rxmione

FOUR

RORY LOVED HOGWARTS, BUT coming back to school work after Christmas at the Burrow, made her realise why the twins weren't so fond of school. It was a complete reality shock, especially with O.W.Ls approaching at the end of term. Rory's favourite classes were Defense Against the Dark Arts and Muggle Studies. She hated hearing people insult Muggle Studies because to her, it was really important to learn about. Kids from Muggle families spend seven years at Hogwarts learning about every aspect of the wizarding world, so she felt kids from wizard families should have to take Muggle Studies at least once to be more worldly in their perception of those around them. She didn't think it was fair so many students could walk around with such ignorance.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was usually not her favourite class, but Professor Lupin changed that for her. He made every detail seem so interesting and most days she'd be sad class was over.

Today was a particularly interesting lesson for Rory. They were learning all about Patronus charms, as being able to cast one was worth bonus points on their O.W.Ls and it was a very difficult spell. Next to her, George was dozing off and Fred was throwing Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans in Marina's hair. Lupin wasn't paying attention though, he seemed so immersed in his lesson he didn't care who was listening. Even if he did notice, he certainly didn't mind. Rory also liked Defense Against the Dark Arts because they took it with the Hufflepuffs. Which meant she didn't feel stupid like she did around the Ravenclaws and she wasn't afraid of being judged like she did with the Slytherins. Not that either house inherently possessed those traits, it was just those who did were very adamant about it.

"Now, in order to conjure a Patronus charm you need to think of your happiest memory... can everybody close your eyes for me and find that memory?" Lupin said softly. Rory closed her eyes and scanned her mind for a memory happy enough to produce a Patronus.

Winning her first Quidditch match? No, not quite. It wasn't a unique memory since she'd won so many after it.

The day she and the twins stole the Marauders map? It was a bit sad now since the map was no longer with them.

Her first time at the Burrow... no... Christmas at the Burrow. Singing in the Weasley's living room, that was it. She smiled wildly, her eyes still closed. She kept them closed until she felt a tap on her back. She opened her eyes and turned around.

Cedric "Pretty Boy" Diggory was leaning over with a folded piece of parchment in his hands. Confused, Rory grabbed it and he shot her a wink. She turned around quickly and blushed.

As she slowly opened the parchment, she felt a jelly bean hit the back of her head. She turned to Fred who was behind her diagonally and gave him a dirty look.

He pointed to Diggory then to the note in her hand and shrugged as to say what's that? Rory shrugged and read the contents.

Rory,

Want to make some Patronus worthy memories with me at Hogsmeade this weekend?

— Cedric

Rory smiled and turned around to the Hufflepuff boy.

"Yeah, alright," She nodded. Rory hadn't really fully processed what happened. The most fawned over boy in their year had asked Rory on a date.

Rory, who had never had a boy even look at her in sixteen years of life, was being asked out by the heartthrob of Hufflepuff house. For once, Rory couldn't focus in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Class was about to end anyways, so she wasn't missing much as she imagined walking around Hogsmeade with Cedric. Maybe she would get a bit cold in the February frost and he would lend her his scarf. She made a mental note to not bring her own scarf.

"Come prepared next week with those happy memories as we practice casting the Patronus. See you then." Lupin smiled as the bell rang signifying the end of class.

Rory nudged George awake and he jumped.

"What happened?" He asked, looking around confused.

"Class is over, silly." Rory said getting her things together to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Rory," Cedric smiled before walking out with his friends.

"What's that about?" George asked, rubbing his eyes.

Before Rory could answer, Fred joined in, "Yeah, what's that about?"

Rory rolled her eyes, "I'll explain at dinner."

The twins looked bummed out to not be in the loop and walked out of the classroom. Rory began following, but before she could leave, Professor Lupin caught her attention.

"Miss Archer?" He said.

Rory stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels to face him, "Professor..." She smiled innocently scanning her mind of all the mistakes she made during class. Passing notes, letting George sleep, talking to Fred with her eyes, and zoning out.

"What do you look so guilty for?" He asked with a slight chuckle. "I was just going to tell you I have high faith you'll be able to cast a Patronus. You seemed to have been thinking of something quite happy, I noticed you didn't stop smiling all class."

"Oh..." Rory looked down embarrassed, "Yeah well, I was just thinking of how happy I was at the Burrow this Christmas then..."

"Mr. Diggory passed you a note?" The professor said, raising an eyebrow.

Rory's cheeks became a bright red and she stuttered, "I know it's wrong to pass notes, I won't do it again."

Lupin chuckled once more, "You're not in trouble. He's a very nice boy, Rory. Listen, I was sixteen once too."

"Yeah." Rory nodded, slowly, "He is. Is there a reason you're telling me this?"

"I just figured you're a very nervous girl with a lot on her plate. All I'm saying is if you ever need anything, just knock."

Is this what Harry Potter feels like every year? Rory asked herself. She wasn't sure why Lupin was reaching out to her. He was always checking in on how her classes were and other parts of her life. They even had tea after she got back from Christmas holidays. Maybe he could tell she was stressed trying to over occupy herself with school ever since Sirius Black broke into the Gryffindor tower just the week before. Maybe because she reminded him of himself, which could've been the case based on what he mentioned about his years at Hogwarts. Maybe it was because he knew she didn't have a father and that she needed that kind of guidance. Whatever it was, Rory wasn't complaining. She enjoyed his company. It felt good to have an adult in her life that respected her and listened to her.

"Thank you, Professor." She smiled and walked out. This time, Fred and George weren't waiting for her. She wasn't surprised considering she could practically hear George's stomach growling during class. She made her way to the Great Hall and met her friends at the end of the long table.

"So?" The twins asked in unison.

"What's it that Pretty Boy wants with you?" George asked.

"Is Pretty Boy Lupin or Cedric?" Marina asked with a giggle.

Rory rolled her eyes, "Professor Lupin was just telling me he thinks I have a good shot at producing a Patronus."

"Whoa we're doing Patronus charms?" George smiled widely.

"Things you'd know if you were awake." Rory sighed, "Oh, and Cedric asked me on a date. During the Hogsmeade trip tomorrow. So, yeah." She smiled to herself, filling her plate with anything that looked appetizing.

"Rory! That's incredible!" Marina smiled, "I'm so happy for you."

"Rory... Pretty Boy? Really? You could at least go out with someone who matches your intelligence." Fred mumbled.

"Excuse me? He's smart! He's good at Quidditch, and he's a very nice boy." Rory crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry did we all play the same Quidditch match in November? Where poor Harry fell from the sky and Cedric caught the snitch?"

Rory began to get annoyed, "Fred he's the seeker... what else do you expect him to do? That's literally how the game is played."

"Just try not to spoil our game plans to him." He rolled his eyes and got up.

"Fred, we've already played them! What are you talking about?" She said a bit loud as Fred walked away.

Rory turned back to Marina and George who looked a bit nervous, "Please tell me you don't agree with him."

"Well..." George said nervously. "I mean —"

"You can leave too then for all I care. I thought you'd be happy for me, because you're my friends. Friends are happy for each other." She said, "Or at least they can pretend to be for a little bit."

"You know how Fred gets. He's weirdly competitive... just... I'll talk to him." George sighed, following his twin out of the Great Hall.

Rory groaned and put her head in her arms on the table.

"It's, okay, Ror." Marina said softly patting the girl's arm. "Boys are stupid. Remember girls mature faster than them. I wouldn't take it to heart. You have fun tomorrow, okay? Need my help picking out an outfit?"

Rory lifted her head and cracked a smile, "Thanks, Mar. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you."

[][][][][]

BACK AT THE COMMON ROOM, there was a bit of tension in the air. Rory was waiting for Fred to say something to her first, but he didn't. Marina told her to wait for him to come around, but Rory wasn't the type of person to wait around. Also she couldn't bear the awkwardness in the air.

"Weasley, is there a reason you're ignoring me?" Rory snapped.

Fred shrugged, "'Dunno."

Rory rolled her eyes and sat next to him on the velvet couch, "What has gotten into you?

The boy sighed heavily, "Listen... Cedric has a reputation. I just don't want you getting hurt or something."

"Whatever you've heard about him doesn't matter because at the end of the day it's my choice. If he's going to hurt me, then he's going to and I can be mad at myself for making a bad choice. I can't be held down by the possibility of something bad happening, Fred. You don't have any right to make those decisions for me." She said quickly.

Fred didn't answer for a second and Rory almost thought he was going to leave without doing so. But, he nodded and said, "I'm sorry, Rory. You're right. Have fun tomorrow."

"I appreciate it." She said. There was another silent pause between them.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked, cracking a smile.

"Oh, Freddie," she smiled placing her hand on his leg, "I'm always mad at you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.3K 108
Charlie Weasley and Aurora Potter This is a rewrite of my 'In love with a Weasley' but I've added extra characters. Contains some sexual bits which w...
419K 10.6K 94
Delaney McKinnon, the daughter of the late Marlene McKinnon was raised by wolves. Well, really a rather gentle werewolf who also happened to be her g...
539K 11.3K 71
Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea that you were about to meet who would be...
657 51 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...