The Runaway Princess [ENGLISH]

By Echo2014

Being a member of the royal family doesn't always count as being lucky. For Tasha, being a princess is like a... More

♚ The Runaway Princess ♚
♚ Chapter 1 ♚
♚ Chapter 2 ♚
♚ Chapter 3 ♚
♚ Chapter 4 ♚
♚ Chapter 5 ♚
♚ Chapter 6 ♚
♚ Chapter 7 ♚
♚ Chapter 8 ♚
♚ Chapter 9 ♚
♚ Chapter 10♚
♚ Chapter 11♚
♚ Chapter 12♚
♚ Chapter 13♚
♚ Chapter 14♚
♚ Chapter 16♚
♚ Chapter 17♚
♚ Chapter 18♚
♚ Chapter 19♚
♚ Chapter 20♚
♚Chapter 21 ♚
♚Chapter 22 ♚
♚Chapter 23♚
♚Chapter 24♚
♚Chapter 25♚
♚Chapter 26♚
♚ Chapter 27 ♚
♚ Chapter 28 ♚
♚ Chapter 29 ♚
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Part 1)
Chapter 44 (Part 2)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

♚ Chapter 15♚

75.8K 2.5K 157
By Echo2014

My Kind of Trouble

The huge wall close trapping both Axel and I inside. I tried to push it just in case it will open but it didn't even budge. Moments later, the place starts to lit up revealing a wide hallway with a white tiled floor and metallic looking walls.

I remove my shades since our path is already well lit. I turn to Axel and my eyes squinted when I notice his dark irises. He doesn't seem to be wearing contact lenses than I thought.

"Do you have a night vision or something?" I ask him curiously.

Instead of giving me an answer, he just shrugs and starts walking away leaving me wondering. Now, it's a real mystery to me how the hell he was able to run in a dark hallway full of guards without even bumping into one of them.

"Do you want me to carry you like a sack for you to start moving?" I heard him ask with an irritated tone.

My eyes land on his direction and saw him far ahead already. When he's starting to walk again, I run as fast as I can towards him. I don't want to get left behind in this creepy place. It reminds me of some secret laboratories I saw in the movies. Imagining the horrifying human experimentations made me cringe.

"Wait!" I shouted as I speed walk trying to keep up with his pace. He's walking so fast!

We've been walking for minutes now but it seems like this path is unending. My stamina can't keep up! I wanted to do a happy dance when he abruptly stops from walking but unfortunately, I'm already out of breath. I lean on the wall for support while panting heavily.

"You-" I started trying to catch my breath. "Are you running a marathon? Can you please slow down." I said in between breaths. And as usual, the Axel that I knew for approximately one day, didn't respond and just stood still. His eyes are focused on the empty hallway ahead.

I followed his line of vision and saw something that made my spirit lit up. Not far from where we're standing is a huge door. Finally, we've found a way out!

"The exit!" I cheered.

I started to walk towards it but only to get pulled back by Axel.

"Hey, that actually hurts," I said rubbing the arm he just grabbed.

"Don't approach it carelessly or you'll get cut in half." He warned.

I look at him with wide eyes. "You've got to be kidding me," I said in disbelief. It looks like any other path we just passed by. It looks harmless to me.

I realized that I said the last phrase out loud when Axel said, "That's why it's a trap. You need to make it look harmless to lure people in." He paused. His hand made its way towards my head. Being the silly me, I was unable to comprehend his sudden gesture until I felt a slight pain in my skull.

How dare he!

'He didn't just pull a strand of my hair!' I screamed at the back of my mind trying to convince myself that he didn't pull my freaking hair but sadly... the reality is just the opposite.

"There are lasers installed around the door and if you carelessly approach it..." He walks a little bit further and stops. He blew the strand of my hair towards the empty hallway and suddenly, as if it got caught in something, it got cut and burned leaving only a small smoke in the air. "You will get cut." He warned giving me a blank look.

My face paled. "Lasers?" I repeated with a gulp. My imagination runs wild to what will I become if Axel didn't pull me earlier. "How are we suppose to cross?"

"See that keypad at the side of the door?"

I nodded when I saw it. There's a little box-looking device at the side of the door.

"Okay genius. How are you going to get over there? Walk past the lasers?" I said sarcastically.

"Exactly." He simply said and approach the laser field.

My eyes widen at what he's about to do. "Woah. Hold it right there mister! You'll get yourself-" I gaped at the scene unfolding right in front of me. "-killed." I finished my sentence in only a whisper.

What the hell just happened?

It was only for a second but it was a scene that will make your mouth hung open. Not only did Axel cross the hallway full of lasers but he manages to avoid it with style. He did roundoffs, backflips, and some other moves that a professional gymnast or dancer can do but what amazes me the most is, he's able to tell where those invisible lasers located and manage to reach the other side unscathed.

"You were saying?" He said with a playful smirk.

"How the hell did you learn to move like that? Do you have a secret hobby like gymnastics?" I asked seriously.

I saw him frown. Instead of answering me, he just turns around and focuses his attention on the keypad he was aiming for.

Great! Him not answering my questions are starting to irritate me. He's been doing that ever since I met him. It's like being ignored repeatedly. Thinking about it made my thoughts drift off...

'For you Mom.' I said holding a bouquet of roses. 'Happy birthday' I greeted her happily.

She looks at the roses on my hand. Instead of taking it herself, she ordered her maid to take it.

She forced a smile. 'Thank you...dear.' She said awkwardly.

'Your majesty, everyone is already waiting in the throne room.' Said someone on her side.
She just gave me a slight nod and started to walk away, leaving me alone standing in the hallway as I watch her retreating figure.

"Tasha." I heard somebody called my name making my mind snap back to reality.

"Anastasia!" Axel yelled. Before I even realized what is happening, my feet are no longer touching the floor. I was already falling.

I screamed on top of my lungs as I continue to fall to an unknown place. I close my eyes asking myself repeatedly inside my head if I will be able to survive my fall. Just thinking about it made my future of being alive is so bleak. I always prayed that if ever my time comes, I want it to be painless but this situation doesn't seem to be painless to me.

Suddenly, I landed on a net, cushioning my fall. It left me bouncing up and down until I unceremoniously landed on the hard floor, face first.

"Owwww!" I grunted. That seriously hurts! I check whether my nose is bleeding from the impact. Luckily, it was not.

I was busy checking up my body for serious injuries when I heard somebody cleared his throat. That really caught my attention considering I'm in an unknown place alone and defenseless.

I paled when I finally saw his face.

It was Mr. Alastair with a playful smirk plastered on his face.

"What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here to the restricted area of my mansion, my lady?" He asked but his smirk never leaving his face.

I gulp. "I-ah..." I look around the area trying to find an excuse. The interior is still the same, white tiled floors and metallic looking walls. The only difference is, there are men standing in every corner of the room holding huge guns and a huge red door behind Mr. Alastair. Guns and Red rooms don't really appeal to me because it only means one thing: danger!

"I was looking for the restroom but as you can see I got lost." I lied through gritted teeth. Way to go Tasha. That's all you got? That's the oldest excuse in the book if the heroine suddenly got caught sneaking into somebody else's home!

"I see I see!" He said while rubbing his chin as if there's a stubble but there's nothing. "Maybe next time I'll give out maps to my guest to avoid this..." He motioned his hands towards me. "Unfortunate circumstances." He said double meaningly.

Oh my gosh! I need to find a way to get out of this situation.

"Yeah. Maybe you should." I agreed, nodding my head. "I don't want to get lost again," I said trying my best to make my smile believable.

"Yes, of course." He said as he approaches me. I just realize that I'm still sitting on the ground when his gigantic height towers my small frame.

"Need help?" He asked leaning down while offering me his hand. I was reluctant to take it but I don't want him to think I'm being suspicious nor rude so I let him help me.

I'm a little bit unsteady standing up so I'm really thankful for Mr. Alastair for supporting me. If he's not holding my hand, I'm pretty sure I'll fall on the floor face first yet again! When I was able to regain my balance, he let go of my hand.

"Thank you," I said giving him a smile. Not the awkward smile I've been sending him earlier, but this time it's genuine.

"You're very most welcome my lady. " He said gleefully like he's done an amazing job pleasing me and that made me blink twice.

Am I just seeing things?

"By the way, you forgot something that's yours." He suddenly said making me confuse.

"What?"

He takes something out of his pocket. Since his hands are way too big, I can't see the whole thing but I'm sure it's a device by the way it glows. I can see some parts of the screen.

"What's that?" I asked hoping it's not a bomb or some sort of customized firearm that is ready to take me down the moment I touch it.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt you. In fact, it'll be very useful." He said with a secret smile.

I don't like the looks of that. It's so suspicious!

My breath hitches when I finally felt it on my palm.

Oh my gosh! No no no. It can't be! Please let it be something. I take it back. It's okay if it's only a gun just please not let it be the stuff that I'm guessing.

When Mr. Alastair remove his hand, I saw a familiar silver plated device.

It was my phone!

"And please make sure not to lose it. I don't want you wandering my mansion like a lost kitty." He said and that made me lose my breath.

I'm definitely in trouble.

End of Chapter 15

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 418 23
Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke had just defeated the former lower moon 6. Zenitsu was crying and begging Shoichi to come along with them to protect him...
8.6K 386 21
In this story A boy named The same as the protagonist's name in his previous life a Boy named Satoru Mikami is and ordinarily Otaku High schooler H...
154K 4.4K 90
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
16.9K 396 34
----"𝚆𝙴 𝚆𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙱𝙾𝚁𝙽 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂."---- ⚜️Meet Xavier Mikaelson he's the original heretic and happens to be the twin brother of the big bad...