Unusual (gxg)

By Spongebtch

Abbie and his male friend Kyle has been bestfriends for as long as they can remember but Abbie never told Kyl... More

CHAPTER ONE "Funny Feeling"
Chapter Two "What now?"
Chapter three "I said What?!"
Chapter Four "Long Night"
Chapter Five "Jealousy"
Chapter Six "Truth be told"
Chapter Seven "Make me smile"
Chapter Eight "Hell bound"
Chapter Nine "Mercy"
Chapter Ten "Abbie's Birthday"
Chapter Eleven "Unlocked Door"
Chapter Twelve "NO!"
Chapter Thirteen "Sleep Over"
Chapter Thirteen "Sleep Over" (continuation)
Chapter Fourteen "Why?!"
Chapter Fifteen "Bitch"
Chapter Sixteen "3 weeks Later"
Chapter Seventeen "Sing for Me"
Chapter 18 "Drunk Summer"
Chapter 19 "Blush"
Chapter 20 "What's Wrong?"
Chapter 21 "Stained Dress"
Chapter 22 "I Missed you"
Chapter 24 "Unexpected"
Chapter 25 "Distance"
Chapter 26 "Confession"
Chapter 27 "Sad Songs"
Chapter 28 "Perfect Day"
Chapter 28.2
Chapter 28.3
Chapter 29 "It's Not Okay"

Chapter 23 "Slow down"

4.3K 140 19
By Spongebtch

May 21

Abbie's P.O.V

7:45am

"Good morning retard!" I say sweet and bubbly greeting her as she answers my call.

"Its still night time." She groggily say in her adorable morning voice.

"Its quarter to eight idiot." I say jokingly sounding annoyed

"It doesnt feel like it." She whispers. "Let me go back to sleep. C'mon we just slept 3hours ago." She murmurs.

Yes we just did but I want to talk to her again. I just woke up thinking of her and missing her already, like usual. So I decided to call her.

"Dont you dare sleep while I'm talking with you." I say but she didnt answer. "Hey!" She doesnt answer again. "Sum-" then i heard her snore. What the fuck? But its so adorable. Haha.

I just smiled and hang up. Then texted her.

"Text me when you stop snoring"

After I hit send I decided to go and make myself some breakfast at the kitchen downstairs. I didnt realize that I just passed by Aunt Deb.

"You're happy." Aunt Deb tells me then drinks her coffee and drops the news paper on the table.

I just noticed I was smiling when I dropped my stretched lips.

I just shook my head but started to smile again. She just shook her head too and continued reading the newspaper.

I cant hide my happiness, I guess. We've been talking through the phone and texting non stop this couple of days, Summer and I. But we never seen each other personally coz theres no reason to. Ans maybe I am too shy to. I dont know why. The last time we saw each other is when my mascara was smudged on my face and I messed up her dress.

But i've never felt so close to her. This is just so awesome! We can talk for a whole day and not get bored with each other. Well,thats for me. I even flirt with her and its okay with her. And with that, I might actually build the courage to tell her how I feel.

I sit down and started eating my cereal.

"You're not telling me something." Aunt deb catches my attention across the table while she puts down her newspaper again and looks at me trying to read my happy face.

"What?" I say almost laughing in a weird tone.

She only lifts an eye brow like she already knows whats going on and she just want to hear it from me.

So I tell her about me and Summers new kind of relationship.

"I dont know." I say shrugging and smirking. "I might have a shot at her. You know?" i say still smiling.

I expect her to be more happy about us but she just looks at me thinking about something.

"What?" I ask her.

"I dont know.. Don't rush into things okay Abbie? You know I want you to be happy.." she says and sighs. "But dont forget about the people around you that also makes you happy that you might hurt." she's obviously talking about Kyle and Donna.

I expect a more positive reaction from her but now I just feel so disappointed to Aunt Deb.

When she realized she's not getting any response from me she continues.

"Abbie, honey, dont be mad. I'm just being neutral here. I'm not asking you to stop talking to her but just slow down." She holds my hand that was resting on the table. "Remember, Summer still has Kyle and dont expect Donna to move on from her feelings for you that fast."

I sigh and my disappointed expression turned into a sad face. I understand what Aunt Deb is telling me. "Okay." I say looking at her.

She gives me a slight smile, "I want you to be happy okay? Just think about what really makes you happy."

I nod and smiled at her. I get what she's saying. I should slow things down. Just wait for the right time.

"Hey everyone." Mom greets us, not so jolly, going inside the kitchen. She just got home from work.

We greet her back and she sits beside us. She looks serious.

"I need to tell you something." Mom looks at me straight.

I give her a 'what?' Look and she exhales heavily.

"Your dad and I have been thinking.." mom says not looking anymore. "I think......we're getting back together."

"WHAT?!" i exclaim at her while standing up. I want her to feel how this is such a fucking absurd idea.

"Why????" Aunt Deb asks also disappointed but more calm.

"I think he's changed. He's good now. We've been talking for awhile and I can feel and see him changing. He' a goo-"

"No. This is fucking stupid. This is a joke" I say with a sarcastic laugh.

Mom says in calm voice, still, "Abigail. You're still young. You dont get it. I love him and I know that he lo-"

"He hit you mom! And he nearly killed me and you're just getting back with him because you think he's changing?!!" I say with my same tone earlier.

"He is changing!" Mom says standing up and now matching my voice.

Aunt Deb speaks still in a calm voice while standing up "I'm gonna take Abbie's side here. She ha-"

"You dont have a say in this Deb." Mom says to Aunt Deb firmly.

Aunt Deb looks so offended and raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms "you're my sister. I have a say in this! and even though I'm younger than you, sometimes I make more smarter decisions!"

Mom turns to Deb and looks like they are getting ready for unleashing the fury in them to each other. I felt like I dont know what to do. I never saw them fight.

"Smarter decisions?!" Mom says like it sounds preposterous.

"Yes! And him changing is not an enough reason to get back together with him!! Reality check Denise! This is not a fairytale!" Aunt Deb says louder.

"I know this is no a fairytale.... You dont understand. God, Debbie, just stop!" Mom groans loud in frustration.

"This is not just about you! Think about Abbie for God's sake!" Aunt Deb yells at mom while pointing at me. I dont know what do I do. Im turned to stone.

Mom looks at my scared face for a second and returns her angry eyes to Aunt Deb. "You dont get it." Mom shakes her head.

"Dont be stupid Denise! Love is not enough! Love is just a part and you should look at all parts before making any hasty decisions! Your fucking husband is a fucking devil and you want him back to your life? Stupid!!"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LOVE?! ATLEAST I GOT IT A BIT RIGHT!" Mom flips and slams her hands on the table. "YOU ARE SINGLE FOR A REASON DEBBIE!! AND I NEVER WANT TO END UP LIKE YOU!!"

my heart just stopped. I know nothing about why Aunt Deb ended up alone and I never really asked her. And by the looks of Aunt Deb, she looks more than hurt. I remained standing there watching them throw flames at each other. I dont know what to do. Shit.

"Fuck you Denise." Aunt Deb says seriously but lowly. She sounds pained. Her voice shaking. I never heard her say that and I never expected her to say that seriously to someone, especially to mom. Aunt Deb walks out and headed to the living room but mom followed her still not finishing this conversation. I followed slowly behind mom.

"OH REAL MATURE DEBBIE" mom yells behind Aunt Deb.

"Just leave me alone." Aunt Deb says almost whispering trying to hide her sobs. "I dont fucking care anymore. Just do what ever you fucking want." She continues but doesnt look at us.

"Yes I will! Coz I know how to love right Debbie!" Mom still following Aunt Deb as she goes to her room.

"Mom thats enough." I say in a scared voice. Im tryibg to stop this. Aun Deb looks really hurt. I try to hold mom's shoulder but she brushes my hands off. Ignoring me.

"Unlike you Deb! You disgust me" mom says that made Aunt Deb pause walking away. She finally turns and looks at mom with mixed anger, frustration, defeat and pain but she doesnt say anything. I dont know why mom is saying this. "Yea Deb. Remember why mom hated you?!"

"Please stop" Aunt Deb whispers trying to stop her sobs to be audible.

"And you still think YOU make smarter decisions than ME?!" Mom says in a high tone. Aunt Deb stayed silent sobbing not looking at mom.

"I just... I just loved. Why is that hard for you and mom to understand?" Aunt Deb says with a shaking voice and finally cant hold her sobs anymore. Its out of control she's crying harder now.

"Mom please stop." I say lowly. Feeling like im about to cry to. "Please."

Mom ignores me and walks closer to Aunt Deb. "Earlier, you told me that love is not enough. That you should look at all the parts. But look at you.... did you even think about that when you fell in love with your so-called bestfriend?!" Mom shouts the last part.

"Denise. Stop." Aunt Deb says in a defeated tone.

Mom laughs sarcastically, "then mom caught you in your bedroom making out with that bitch, whats her name again? Olivia?! Ugh!! So dont lecture me about love Debbie coz you dont even know what real love is!" Mom says. I dont know if I heard right.

"No Denise. I do know love. I loved her. I was more happy with her than any guy that dated me." Aunt deb defends in a low tone. I cant believe this. I did hear right. Aunt Deb is just like me. No wonder she understands me. "It was perfect until you and mom had to ruin everything!!" She adds.

"Perfect???? No! I think the right word is disgusting!" Mom yells. I felt so offended too now. Mom is being a fucking insensitive bitch! That means she'll never accept me if I came out?!

Aunt Deb looked at me coz she knows I'll feel what mom just said but she also looks down feeling embarassed.

"DONT SAY THAT!" I yell at mom. I dont feel any fear now. I just feel insulted and I cant take what shes doing to Aunt Deb. Aunt Deb glances at me puzzled.

Mom looks at me angry that I yelled. "What a surprise. Of course you're taking her side! But I dont get why you still have that respect for her after hearing what I said... didnt you hear what I just said?! What you're loving Aunt Debbie really is?!"

"I FUCKING HEARD RIGHT!" I yell again and went to Aunt Debs side. She looks at me as though surprised .. "And you know why I still accept her? And now even more... Coz she accepts me." I look at Aunt Deb while saying the last part.

"What?!" Mom looks genuinely confused and annoyed.

"Coz we are the same." I look at mom straight in her eyes. "I'm a lesbian"

Mom doesnt say anything. She just looks at me with her blank expression. Shocked? Irritated?

"I dont care if you accept me or not. If you disown me or what ever. I have no respect for people that doesnt respect us." I say calmly coz I felt theres no use for shouting. "I thought you'd understand mom."

She shakes her head. "No." She says. "Both of you.... you disgust me."

That felt like a dagger through my lungs. This is beyond insulted or hurt. Its something more. Tears started to flood my eyes. Aunt Deb rubs my back when she saw me cry.

"I'm going to leave." Mom says firmly "im going to Bryan" and walks pass us and went straight to her room. She starts packing.

I broke down crying on the couch. Aunt Deb hugs me trying to calm.me even though she's crying too. i dont know what to make up with what Im feeling right now.. Shit. All I know is, I want to go away and put my mind into something else.

And all I can think about is Summer. I need her right now. I really need her.

-----------------------------

9:18am

Summer's P.O.V

I woke up again and the first thing that my instincts told me is to go check my phone.

I had several messages from Kyle but I ignored it coz I saw Abbie texted me.

Abbie: Text me when you stop snoring

I replied quickly.

Me: I dont snore!

I smile as I wait for her reply. She usually replies quick but I grew upset when time passed but she still doesnt reply. I had no reason to hold my Phone anymore so I just left it. I have no mood to text or call Kyle right now.

So I just went to the cafe and saw Mom talking to the guy that gives me gigs that also has a band. When she spotted me, she motions me to go to their table.

After talking to him, he offered and I accepted a gig this afternoon to play with them with his band. From 1-5. Its for some kind of a teenage party or something.

11:17am

Still no text from Abbie. I guess she busy? But I cant help think negatively. Maybe she doesnt miss me? Or she found some other things to make her happy. Maybe im boring her already. Maybe she's with Donna. Ugh! The thought itself hurts me.

12:13pm

I'm getting ready for my gig. I still havent heard my phone ring yet so I dont look at it. I havent read any text from anybody. I want to see Abbie's texts first before reading the others. But still no text from her! This is driving me crazy? Whats happening with her?

I was about to leave. I went inside the cafe firat before going. I say goodbye to my Mom and she tells me to take care and hugs me. I go outside and I was about to hale a cab but I noticed a familiar car pulling over infront of me. Its Abbie's car.

My heart pounded coz the last time we saw each other was my moms birthday and that wasnt so pleasant. And now, we are best friends, I dont know how to react, really.

She gets out of the car. She's wearing sunglasses, a tank top and shorts.

She approaches me with a smile but her vibe is not really happy. I dont know. I can feel it. Its like all my disappontment waiting for her reply just went all away in a second.

"Where are you going?" She says pointing at my things.

"I have a gig." I say nervously. Im still not used of talking to her. Especially now that we got even closer. Hmft! I need to act normal.

"Cant you just bail that?" She says sounding in need of my company.

"No. I cant. Sorry." I say not looking at her. I cant take the sight of her disappointment.

"C'mon. I really need you right now." She says begging grabbing my hands. "Pleeeeeeeeease!"

I feel my cheeks burn up. "I-I'm sorry. I cant. Why? Whats wrong??" Now I sound concerned. Why does she need me this badly?

"I'll tell you if you bail on that stupid gig." She says firmly still holding my hands. I feel like my touch sense is more sensitive all of a sudden.

"I want to but I cant. I already accepted." I say even though I do want to bail on that gig. I want to be with her.

She lets go of my hand. "What time does it end?" She asks.

"Five" i say

"Okay. I'll see you at 5. I'll wait for you here. Seriously... i'll be here at 5 sharp! If you dont come, thats the end of us." She says seriously.

"Okay." I say coz I am sure I'll be here at 5, maybe even earlier.

"Promise you'll be here?" She says with her sweet tone.

I smile, "I promise."

"Im serious okay? I have something to tell you. Dont make me wait! Be late for 5 minutes and I'm gone." She says being serious again. That made me more nervous.

"Dont worry." I say and its my turn to grab her hands. "I dont break promises." I give her a smile. I swear, she's blushing right now.

"What ever retard. Just dont be late" she says smiling and pulling her hands away. "Where's this event? I'll just drive you there" she commands me to go inside the car as she gets inside the car.

So I went inside and told her the directions and she started to drive.

She keeps looking at me smiling while driving. Gosh, I need to control my blush.

-------------------------------

Abbie's P.O.V

I glance at her again. I cant help it. She looks so perfect riding shotgun. I feel like I could do this everyday, just her beside me.

"Keep your eyes on the road!" She tells me but she's blushing. Its so cute.

"Why?" I ask acting dumb and smiling.

"You keep.... you keep looking at me." She says shyly.

"Well yeah." I say.

"Why?" She ask still shy

"Coz you're beautiful" I say smirking. I look at her and we shared a milli second of eye contact before she looked away to the window. She turned more red. Haha is she like this when we talk to the phone?

"I already know that." She says trying to sound confident but failed. I just laughed. After a minute she asks me, "why dont you take your sunglasses off?"

Coz you'll notice that my eyes cried.

"My eyes are sensitive today. It hurts when exposed too much" i say successfully sounding convincing.

She just nods. "What are you gonna tell me later?" She asks.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask

"Yes" her eyes lighted up

"Then dont be late later!" I say jokingly serious.

She just pouted and looked outside again. I cant stop smiling. She makes me forget about every little shitty thing that happened earlier today. And that jist makes me more into her. She makes me happy with little things. And the fact thay I feel she feels the same way, fuels me even more!

Shortly we arrived at her gig. I dont want to see her leave but she needs to. Good thing i'm going to see her later. Atleast that way, i have something to hold on to be excited for. Hopefully not thinking about mom and dad and everything. Just think about the moment tonight.

"Thank you Abbie." She says shyly and smiles. She opens the door. And I didnt realize I didnt say goobye too. I was so lost in her smile. Before I reacted, she closes the door and walks in the event.

So I called her cell and she answers quick. "What? Did I forget something?" She sounds panicked.

I laugh. "No moron. I forgot something." I say smirking alone as I drive away.

"What?" She asks so puzzled.

"I forgot to tell you.... I'll miss you and take care." I say seriously.

She doesnt react. I can only imaginr her smiling and blushing.

"Hey one more thing." I say sounding sweet.

"Hm?" She asks.

I give us a moment of silence.

"DONT BE LATE!" I say breaking my sweet voice to this yell. Then I hang up before she could even speak. I start giggling alone as I put my phone on the passenger sit.

She makes me really happy. I'm certain about this. Is this what Aunt Deb was telling me about?
I dont know.

But I'm so sure about what I'm going to tell her later. I feel like this is the most perfect thing to do.

I am going to tell her how I feel about her. I'm scared to know her possible reaction but I remain optimistic..

I'm nervous... but excited. What could happen?

----------------------

***i'll be updating soon. Maybe a few hours from now. Lol. Please tell me what you think of this chapter. Do you like it? Are you excited for the next chapter? Please vote and wait foooooor my update. :)****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.5K 36
Taylor had Natalia as her bestfriend for 6 years. Key word: HAD Past tense. Why? Because Natalia found out that Taylor loves her and she pushed her a...
249K 8.5K 30
Rosie isn't your typical girly girl. She's just one of the guys. Her bestfriend, Cameron has been her friend since kindergarten. They do everything t...
52.9K 1.5K 21
After the events of season three, things seem to be going all right. Until it's not. Things are turned upside down, and Nancy and Robin are in for a...
Gaydar By HoeyJoey

Teen Fiction

4.6K 1.1K 20
How do you tell if someone is gay? Well some people have the special ability to use what is called a gaydar, which can pinpoint signs or mannerisms t...