Reincarnated as Usagi?!

By MysticRaven0

A Sailor Moon Fanfiction Aria is your typical teenage girl who died suddenly and is now living her life as an... More

Usagi's Beautiful Transformation
The House of Fortune is the Monster Mansion
Mysterious Sleeping Sickness: Protect the Girls in Love
Lean How to Be Skinny from Usagi
Scent of A Monster: Chanela Will Steal Your Love
Protect the Melody of Love: Usagi Plays Cupid
Becoming a Star is Hard Work
Girl Genius is a Monster: The Brainwashing Cram School of Horror
Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, The Guardian of Fire
Usagi vs Rei: Nightmare in Dream Land
The Luxury Cruise Ship is a Trap
Girls Unite: The End of Jadeite
A New Enemy Appears: Nephrite's Evil Crest
Usagi's Panic: Rei's First Date
A Girl's Dream: Usagi Becomes A Bride
Usagi's a Model: The Flash of the Camera Monster
Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll
Usagi's Joy: A Love Letter from Tuxedo Mask
The Summer, the Beach, Youth and Ghosts
Romance Under the Moon: Usagi's First Kiss
Wish Upon a Star: Naru's First Love
Naru's Tears: Nephrite Dies for Love
Jupiter, The Powerful Girl in Love
Restore Naru's Smile: Usagi's Friendship
Crushing on Ami: the Boy Who Can See the Future
Total Chaos: The Messy Love Triangle
Grandpa Loses Control: Rei in Danger
Love and Chased: Luna's Worst Day Ever
Umino's Resolve: I'll Protect Naru
Enter Venus, the Last Sailor Guardian
The Shining Silver Crystal: The Moon Princess Appears
Returning Memories: Usagi and Mamoru's Past

The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer

400 16 6
By MysticRaven0

I was at the park with Luna, leaning against a railing as I stared at the lake with a sigh. The autumn breeze felt nice, calming, but seeing all the couples around reminded me of my mysterious prince that I only see in my dreams and Tuxedo Mask, who might be working against us now. I sighed once again, "Tuxedo Mask, don't be our enemy...I don't think my heart could take it."

I whispered the last part so Luna couldn't hear me. Luna spoke up, "Whatever he is, he's after the precious Silver Crystal so we should consider him an enemy."

I shook my head, turning to Luna, "No, we can't. He's helped us so many times and now that he's after the same thing, he's our enemy? I can't, I won't believe it."

I sat down on the bench where Luna was currently sitting and sighed, looking up at the sky and reaching out to pet Luna. Luna purred happily, allowing me to pet her in silence. I heard Naru's voice call out, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Usagi!"

I smiled, standing up as she reached us, "Naru! So, what are you going to show me?"

Naru smirked, "You'll have to wait and find out! Let's go!"

I pouted, quickly grabbing my bag and following after Naru, "Come on Naru, just tell me!"

--------------------------------

Naru laughed, shaking her head as she walked ahead of me, "Nope, you've got to wait and see Usagi."

I rolled my eyes with a groan as Naru just laughed at me.

Naru had taken me to the Yumemi Yumeno Gallery and all of the paintings were amazing. I was in awe, "Wow...They're so beautiful!"

Naru smiled, nodding in agreement, "Aren't they? Yumemi Yumeno's paintings are really popular right now."

I sighed, looking around as I muttered, "That aside, there sure are a lot of couples here."

Umino appeared beside me, causing me to jump as he spoke, "That's because Yumemi paints pictures of love."

I glared at him, "Umino...what have I told you about sneaking up on us?"

Umino chuckled nervously as Naru sighed happily, causing me to turn to her, "It's true. It's said that if you have one of Yumemi's paintings, your wishes of love will be granted..."

Umino nodded with a smile and I turned back to the painting, muttering, "Maybe I'll buy a poster, maybe it'll change my luck."

Naru led me over to a painting of a beautiful blonde woman, "Here, take this. It's one of Yumemi's self-portraits."

I was in awe, staring at the gorgeous portrait, "Beautiful...She's such an amazing artist."

Umino whispered, "She's a mysterious beauty who never appears in front of people."

I shrugged, "She probably gets nervous around large crowds."

Naru and Umino nodded in agreement as Naru stated, "But Yumeno hasn't created any new paintings lately."

Umino added, "Rumor has it that she's in a slump and has gone missing."

We started walking as I spoke, "I don't think it's a slump, she might be trying to find the perfect muse. With how her paintings turn out, she must be looking for something that sings to her, draws her eye."

I looked over at a painting and froze, staring with wide eyes. I could faintly hear Naru asking me what's wrong, but I didn't reply. I took a slight step closer to the painting, the feeling of nostalgia taking over as I saw me and my mysterious Prince dancing in the moonlight, the crescent moon and stars shining brightly behind us. Naru nudged me lightly, snapping me out of my trance, "Huh? Isn't that one of Motoki's friends?"

I slowly moved my eyes away from the painting, seeing Mamoru talking to a lady outside. I groaned with an eyeroll, "Ugh, not him...Naru, you can head home without me. Umino, make sure Naru gets home safely, and get me a poster please, I'll pay you back. Bye!"

I quickly went outside, ignoring Naru and Umino's calls of my name. I smirked as I walked over to the duo, calling out, "Hey jerkwad, are you bothering this lady? I'm telling Rei."

He turned to me, frowning, "You've got the wrong idea, Usagi."

I raised an eyebrow, looking at him, "Oh really? How am I wrong? You're always bothering me."

He rolled his eyes at me and I jumped as the lady tugged on my cardigan. I turned to her with wide eyes, "Hi?"

She smiled at us, her eyes shining happily, "You match my image perfectly! I'm so lucky today!" She bowed her head at us, "Please model for me!"

I blinked a few times, repeating, "Model for you?"

__TIME SKIP__

We, Mamoru and I, were now outside this woman's home. She smiled at us, holding the door open, "Right this way! Come on in!"

We stepped inside and I walked over to her large window, staring at her beautiful garden, "Wow...it's so pretty."

She smiled at me, gesturing to a seat, "Right this way. Umm, Mamoru...I'll make some tasty coffee."

She walked into her kitchen as Mamoru huffed from his seat, crossing his arms, "I ended up being dragged here, but it's not like I have that much free time to spare."

I rolled my eyes, turning around and leaning against the wall, "Please, you followed along willingly. Obviously, you've got plenty of time to spare."

He glared at me and I gave him a cheeky smile before I spotted some painting behind the bench. I walked over to them, picking up the first one and tilting my head, "Wow, this looks like Yumemi Yumeno's art. Could she be..." I turned around, calling out, "Excuse me, are you Yumemi by chance?"

She didn't reply right away, keeping busy with the coffee before turning around with a blush, "Not what you were expecting, right? People think that theses paintings should be drawn by someone more beautiful. That's why I draw myself as one. Please keep this a secret from everybody, okay?"

She retuned to the coffee as I smiled, "I will, promise. Also, I think you're beautiful just the way you are, and your paintings are amazing, magical, gorgeous."

She turned back to look at me, smiling, "Thank you. It warms my heart knowing that my paintings make people smile."

She grabbed the tray and walked over, placing it on a table beside Mamoru, "Here you go. Drink it while it's hot."

Mamoru poured himself a cup as Yumemi placed a pillow beside him, looking at me with a smile, "Here you go."

I blinked, raising an eyebrow, "Wait a minute, you want me to be in a picture with him? I don't know if you remember the whole walk here, but I can't stand this guy."

Mamoru put his cup down, "You must be so happy."

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

Mamoru stood up, stating, "I don't want to be a model for a picture like this."

Yumemi stood in front of Mamoru, clasping her hands with wide eyes, "Please! Sit down...I have a hard time imaging things without a model. And lately, there hasn't been anyone who matches what I want...it'll be just for today, so please..."

I turned to look at Mamoru, wondering what he was gonna do now. Mamoru looked at Yumemi, briefly glancing at me from the corner of his eye before sighing, "I guess I have no choice..."

Mamoru sat back down and Yumemi smiled, turning to look at me now. I bit my lip lightly before taking a seat on the pillow, muttering, "If Rei finds out about this, she's gonna murder me."

I glanced at Mamoru's face, he is a handsome guy, if you could look past his terrible attitude. I could see why Rei thought he could be Tuxedo Mask but the only thing they have in common is hair color. Also, if he was Tuxedo Mask, then that means he could also be my dream prince and I refuse to believe that. I shook my head, Mamoru is not my dream prince or Tuxedo Mask, end of story. Mamoru looked at me, "What are you doing?"

I scowled, "Minding my own business. You should it sometime."

Mamoru glared at me and I stuck my tongue out at him, giving Yumemi a smile as she held her sketch pad. We sat there for a while as Yumemi drew out her sketch, not moving or talking but I could see in Yumemi's eyes that she was truly inspired but us, her eyes never stopped sparkling as she drew us. I decided to get up to see how the drawing was coming along and I was blown away by how amazing it was. I breathed out, "Whoa. Is that really me? Unbelievable!"

Mamoru rolled his eyes, "Stay still. I'm only doing this once because you treated me to such good coffee."

I stuck my tongue out at him as he took a sip of his coffee before walking back to my seat, asking, "How did you learn to draw such wonderful pictures?"

Yumemi replied, "Whenever I'm drawing, I make a wish in my heart. I wish for happiness for the people who see my pictures and to found a wonderful lover..."

I sat down, smiling softly, "Paintings of love. You really are the sweetest person Yumemi. I'm sorry you don't have any friends who appreciate you and your artwork."

Yumemi continued to draw, answering, "It can't be helped. Yumemi is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. If everybody found out my secret, their dreams would be shattered."

I shook my head, "There's no way..."

Mamoru placed his cup down, looking at Yumemi, "Those who can't make themselves happy can never make others happy."

Yumemi's hand stopped moving as she stared at him with wide eyes. I elbowed him in the sided before getting up, spotting a picture of a man handing a woman a familiar object. I quickly walked over and grabbed it, showing Mamoru, "Yumemi can draw wonderful things jerkwad."

Mamoru glanced at it before siting up with a gasp, eyes wide as he stared at the painting with shock. I took a slight step back, frowning on why this picture caused him to react that way. Yumemi explained the painting, "This depicts a woman giving her lover a present as a token of her love. But whenever I draw these two, I feel miserable for some reason."

I looked down at the painting, "I understand how you feel. The ache in my heart and the nostalgic feel of this picture..."

Mamoru whispered softly, "A token of her love..."

I could hear the musical tone of the orange star necklace that belonged to Tuxedo Mask playing in my head. Yumemi decided to call it a day and we were good to go. Mamoru left first while I stayed to help Yumemi clean the dishes and put away the paintings I pulled out. Yumemi told me I didn't have to, but I insisted, so she reluctantly let me help. Once everything was cleaned, Yumemi walked me to make sure I made it halfway home safely, since I told her she didn't have to walk me the whole way. I smiled at Yumemi, "Ah, your homemade cookies were really tasty."

Yumemi returned my smile, stating, "Sorry for keeping you here so late. Perhaps you would have preferred if Mamoru walked you home."

I scowled, shaking my head, "Absolutely not! You've totally got the wrong idea."

Yumemi giggled as we walked past two girls looking at a poster on a café window. One of the girls squealed, "Oh, it's Yumemi Yumeno's art!"

We stopped walking as Yumemi hid behind me as the other girl sigh happily, "She's so pretty. Anyone who can draw like this must be a wonderful person."

The girls walked into the café and I looked down at Yumemi, "Yumemi...I think you're being overly cautious." I walked over to the poster, smiling, "You're able to draw pretty pictures like this, you're kind, and you bake amazing cookies...You're a very wonderful person!"

Yumemi stood up as I turned around to face her. She whispered something to herself as she stared at me and I gave her a bigger smile, "Cheer up, okay? Goodnight!"

I gave her a wave as I turned and started walking away, heading straight home. I was passing the park when I froze, hearing someone call out my name, "Usagi..."

I held my fists up as I turned to the voice, relaxing as I saw Luna standing there. She gave me a look, "Where have you been Usagi? I've been looking for you all day."

I bent down to her, smiling softly, "Sorry for worrying you, Luna. I was with a new friend, it was nice. I feel a lot better from earlier."

Luna nodded, smiling back, "Yeah, I can see that. I'm glad."

We started walking home together when my bag started beeping. I frowned, pulling the Moon Stick out of my backpack to see that it was blinking, "That's odd...it's coming from Yumemi's house..."

My eyes widened and I quickly took off running, shouting at Luna, "We've gotta go! She's in trouble!"

----------------------------

We made it to Yumemi's house and I peeked in, seeing Yumemi turn into a monster. My eyes widened, whispering, "This is crazy! I was just here! Why didn't the Moon Stick go off earlier? Never mind that, I've got to help her."

I pulled out my communicator, calling everyone, "Guys! A monster has appeared! Come together, Sailor Guardians!"

They all replied and hung up, I threw my hand in the air, "Moon Prism Power Make Up!"

I silently followed them to a construction site, calling out, "You're not getting away with this!"

Zoisite and his new monster friend looked up at me with wide eyes. I jumped down from the railing, landing in front of them with a glare, "Trying to take away Yumemi, who's so kind and full of dreams is unforgivable! I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and justice! I am Sailor Moon! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"

Zoisite scoffed, "I don't care who you are. Go forth, Venna!"

Venna stretched her wings out with a smirk, grabbing a feather from her wing. She threw the feather in the air and it drew a giant rock above my head. I quickly jumped to the side with a yelp. The feather continued to draw feathers in the air quickly. I dodged them all before I was hit in the side by a small rock and I tripped over my foot, falling on my knees as I clutched my side. Another big rock was being drawn above my head and I gasped as it started to head straight for me. Before the rock could hit me, I was grabbed and moved away from the spot. I gasped, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Tuxedo Mask..."

Tuxedo Mask placed me on the ground, glaring at Zoisite's back, "Retreating already? You won't get away!"

Tuxedo Mask jumped away, following after Zoisite. Venna moved in front of me with a smirk and I glared, "Look lady, get out of my way!"

Venna simply pulled a few feathers out and moving them quickly, making four ropes appear in front of me. The ropes shot towards me, turning into snakes halfway through the trip. My eyes widened and took a slight step back, feeling a wall on my back. I heard a shout, "Fire Soul!"

The fire hit the snakes and I sighed in relief, turning back to see Ami, Rei, and Mako standing by the entrance. Luna looked at me, "Sailor Moon, you've handled things very well on your own!"

Venna laughed at us, moving towards us as her feathers began to draw rocks in the sky once again. We all gasped and moved away from the falling rocks. Ami stepped forward, dodging a rock as she called out, "Bubble Spray!"

I jumped onto a railing, shouting at the girls, "I'll be back! I've got to get the crystal from Zoisite!"

I ran off before the girls could reply and went to find Zoisite and Tuxedo Mask. I spotted Zoisite throwing a crystal at Tuxedo Mask who was trapped in aswirl of flowers, and I gasped, reaching up to grab my tiara, "Moon Tiara Action!"

My tiara hit the crystal and Zoisite gasped, dropping his spell on Tuxedo Mask as they both turned to me. Zoisite glared at us before disappearing in his swirl of flowers. I cursed before running over to Tuxedo Mask, "Tuxedo Mask, are you okay?"

Tuxedo Mask nodded, "Tonight, you saved me."

I smiled, taking a step forward to him but gasped as I dropped the orange necklace. The necklace opened in between us, playing the beautiful melody. I bent down to grab it but so did Tuxedo Mask, our fingers brushing against one another. I gasped lightly, blushing as I looked up to see Tuxedo Mask staring at me. I spoke softly, "That's your pendant, isn't it? I've been trying to give this back to you, but I haven't seen you in a while."

Tuxedo Mask stared at the pendant, whispering, "Princess..."

My eyes widened, "You know the Princess?! We've been looking for her."

Tuxedo Mask shook his head, "No...I don't know where she is, but if that is your mission, you can hold on to this..."

Tuxedo Mask handed the pendant to me and I slowly took it, "Really? Thank you, Tuxedo Mask...there's one more thing. I know that you don't want to, but do you think you could give me the Rainbow Crystal from before?"

Tuxedo Mask stood up, shaking his head, "No. I cannot turn it over to you. The Rainbow Crystals are very important to me. If an opportunity arises to steal the Rainbow Crystal in your possession as well, I will take it without hesitation."

I stood up as well, taking a step back, "Please...don't say that. You can't be our enemy...my enemy. You've been helping me since day one, this can't be the reason why we become enemies."

Tuxedo Mask stared at me sadly, "With regard to the Rainbow Crystals...I'm sorry Sailor Moon. Farewell."

Tuxedo Mask turned and jumped off the railing, flying away from me. I clutched the pendant to my chest, staring at his back sadly, "Tuxedo Mask..."

I turned around and headed back to the girls, ready to defeat Venna and save Yumemi with a heavy heart. I made it to the girls as Mako shouted, "Supreme Thunder!"

The thunder struck Venna as Rei commented, "She's gotten pretty weak."

I nodded, pulling out the Moon Stick as I called out, "Moon Healing Escalation!"

Venna was surrounded by a bright white light before she turned back into Yumemi. Yumemi fell to the ground and groaned, looking up to see all of us standing in front of her. She gasped lightly before we jumped in the air, disappearing into the night.

__TIME SKIP__

Mamoru and I were standing in the elevator together, looking at Yumemi as the doors opened. Yumemi turned around to see us, smiling, "Usagi!"

I smiled back, "Yumemi!"

Mamoru put his hands in his jacket pocket, stating, "I'm surprised you called us here. I thought you didn't want people to know what you looked like."

Yumemi placed her painting down, turning to us fully with a bright smile still on her face, "I've decided to stop hiding."

We walked over to Yumemi and she pulled off the sheet, revealing her new painting to us. I gasped, eyes wide in awe, "Whoa...it's so beautiful!"

Mamoru nodded, "Hmm...it looks pretty good considering the model."

I scowled, turning to glare at him, "You're terrible at compliments..."

I turned around, spotting the drawing of who Yumemi thought she should look like on the ground. I walked over to it and looked up, seeing a beautiful portrait of Yumemi. I smiled happily, "Oh, it's beautiful Yumemi!"

Yumemi smiled at me, looking at the self-portrait as well, "From now on, this is my self-portrait." Yumemi turned to me, "Thank you! You've given me the courage to be open about myself!"

I threw my arms around Yumemi, giggling happily, "I'm so glad Yumemi!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 202 42
This story has happened within the time of Season 2 is started. However, what if Chibi Usa didn't come to the past alone, but brought along another g...
1K 17 9
SAILOR MOON MANGA REWRITE IN STORY FORM. (Had to adapt a couple of scenes to fit in the story format. Haruka and Michiru are namelessly mentioned (so...
6.5K 240 35
Usagi Tsukino , also being known as Sailor Moon. You are a new guardian, the guardian of the stars Sailor Twinkle! You realize that you've falling i...
7.7K 129 18
You, Mia smith an unathletic anime obsessed nerd died and suddenly reincarnated. What's the first thing you do? Learn to play volleyball. But wait is...