Inevitable Flaw

By OneStopDestiny

A collision of raw flaws inevitably divorce proximity between the innocent and the tainted. But will history... More

Chapter 1: Encounter
Chapter 2: Norm
Chapter 3: Fear
Chapter 4: Distress
Chapter 5: Old Times
Chapter 6: Dรฉjร  vu
Chapter 7: Vulnerable
Chapter 8: Reveal
Chapter 9: Hollow
Chapter 10: Unexpected
Chapter 11: Vertigo
Author's Note.
Chapter 12: Whipped
Chapter 13: Everything
Chapter 14: Unknown
Chapter 15: Debt
Chapter 16: Vintage obsessed
Chapter 17: False Assumptions
Chapter 18: Shock
Chapter 19: Glimpse
Chapter 20: Tests
Chapter 21: Toxic's talk
Chapter 22: Anchored
Chapter 23: Shackled Wrists
Chapter 24: Predicament
Chapter 26: Deceived
Chapter 27: Bullets
Chapter 28: Abscond
Chapter 29: Blink of an Eye
Chapter 30: War
Chapter 31: Convinced
Chapter 32: Relapse
Chapter 33: Dinner
Author's note
Chapter 34: Grey
Chapter 35: Alone
Author's Note
Chapter 36: Evil
Chapter 37: Change
Chapter 38: Orientation
Chapter 39: Gravity
The Meat
Chapter 40: History
Chapter 41: More
Chapter 42: Ego
Chapter 43: Auction
Chapter 44: Tunnel
Chapter 45: Symbol
Chapter 46: Friction
Chapter 47: Blurry and Blind Road
Chapter 48: Home
Private Message Request
Chapter 49: Clichรฉs

Chapter 25: Resemblance

2.5K 203 145
By OneStopDestiny

The video above was a real eye opener this morning. Watch it In shaa Allah. You can read the article here too around the same topic: http://www.imranhosein.org/articles/signs-of-the-last-day/76-ten-major-signs-of-the-last-day-has-one-just-occurred.html 

Ahh, Ramadan is coming up. I am so incredibly excited! My favourite time of the year! 

Please Continue voting, commenting, and sharing. Lots of love <3 

--

"Aamirah," he calls louder than a whisper, the tone shaking me from my stance.

'What are you doing here?" Adam asks almost with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Cici asked me to flower her plants and feed the fish because you wouldn't pick up your phone" I blabber quickly, the nervousness simmering down.

"No, I mean in my room?" he emphasizes and the intensity of his frustration is beyond evident.

"I heard a loud noise so I came up to st-," I try to answer in a straightforward manner.

"Did you touch the device that made that noise?" he asks quickly, interrupting my explanation. He face slightly reddens when I nod and he walks past me towards his desk, trying to examine the little black box that I had held earlier.

"Why does it matt-" I say under my breath.

"You have no right to enter my room and touch my stuff, you get that right?" he is full out yelling at me as if I am a child who got in trouble for doing something they were not supposed to do. It is even more distracting with the level of damage that is painted on his face. The fight that he had supposedly been in must have been gruesome with the level of injuries showing.

"So what was I supposed to do, walk away? It is night time Adam, it might have woken up the neighbours!" I yell back with equal if not more force then him.

"Does it look like I care about the neighbours?" he scoffs, his eyes still focused on the box.

"Why is that thing so important anyway?" I inquire, watching his eyebrow furrow as he plays with some control panels towards the side.

"Don't worry about it." He mutters. I can tell he is still angry and I know that his reaction is unfair considering I did no wrong here. His response also rips my skin. My level of suspicion is through the roof but I shrug it off for now.

"So did you go to jail?" I question after some time, wincing when I hear it being asked out loud.

"Yeah, I got to wear those cool orange jumpsuits and gave myself a tattoo while I was in there," he answers and I can tell he is being sarcastic from the way he is smiling.

"A very intelligent decision I must say," I reply with the same level of sarcasm and he looks back up at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?"

"Definitely," I nod in seriousness and he laughs wholeheartedly.

"So what happened?" I ask with my hands crossed over my chest as he just walks past me into his closet.

"I was interrogated for a couple hours and once the idiots realized they had no proof, they let me loose," he speaks almost in a muffled volume as he is probably in the furthest realm in his vast closet. Who would have thought men had this must junk too?

"For what though?" I ask quickly, knowing this is the only time that I will get my questions answered.

"You better head home, it must be past your bedtime," he chuckles as he walks towards his window and closes the curtain, clearly ignoring me. The sky has darkened even more and so has my patience.

"I am not leaving until you tell me what happened," I stress, still rooted to my spot.

"Can't this wait until tomorrow?" Adam asks almost defeated.

"No it can't."

"What do you want to know?" he enquires, obviously wanting me to leave him alone.

"Why did they take you in in the first place?" I ask, shaking the memory of him being handcuffed and treated so roughly.

"That I can't say Aam, you have to believe me on that, it's better if you didn't know," he answers genuinely while messing with his hair. His eyes look become caught up in some deep thought but I ignore it.

"But why can't you, do you not trust me?" I ask in a whisper, slightly hurt that he couldn't tell me about it.

"It not about trust Aam, I don't feel comfortable talking about it" he huffs, looking away from where I am standing. He looks kind of embarrassed, like those words took a lot out of him.

"But you're comfortable doing what you are doing to get you to where you had back at school?" I say accusingly.

"It's not like that!" he barks defensively and I jump at the increase in volume in his voice.

"How about your friends, they were all taken too right?" I ask, deciding to ignore the other question for the future.

"Yeah, they're still in custody at the moment," he replies a little more coolly than before and I just nod, playing with my fingers.

"I heard the rumours Adam and I don't want to believe them." I whisper suddenly before realizing what has come out of my mouth.

"So don't." he states, shaking his head like it's the most simplest thing to do.

"Which is why I wanted to personally ask you, you know?" I continue, still focused on my finger nails.

"Aamirah..." he warns.

"I know, I know, I am not trustworthy enough but I bet Naomi would be huh?" I rush and my heart beats faster when I hear my self say her name. My hand automatically goes up to cover my mouth.

What did I just do?

"Naomi?" he asks confusingly, looking at me to study my expression.

"What about Naomi?" Adam questions me and I feel like the room is getting smaller on me.

"Nothing," I rush, feeling my face heating up.

"It sure doesn't seem like nothing, care to explain because I am out of the loop here."

"Oh, don't act shy about it now Adam, you and I both know what I am referring too!" I say through a heightened sense of rage.

"Honestly, no, I don't." he answers in the most casual manner possible.

"Aren't you guys a thing?" I spit like the words are an unusual curse on their own. He looks back at me and after some time his eyes light up and he just starts laughing while I stand their confused.

"Is that jealously I sense?" he states looking around the room with a smirk as if he is satisfied with him self.

"In your dreams," I snort, trying to set aside the inner ache blooming my heart.

"But if it makes you feel any better, no, she just won't stop throwing her self at me and you know me, I like to be nice," he smirks evilly and I can't help but want to throw up.

"Astaghfirullah." I mutter and he just laughs again.

"So can I take my shower now?" he asks after he is done with his laugh fest and I nod but in my mind, I know that I still have so many unanswered questions.

"Who did you get in a fight with again?" I quickly ask before he is able to close the door behind himself.

"Lets just say I don't like people who take my trust for granted," he replies vaguely and I squint my eyes in confusion before nodding and walking away.

"Good night Aam," he yells over at me before I hear the door close shut.

"Night," I whisper and I know its only to myself. I take one last glance at his desk and remember the picture of my father and I. My mind wrestles to think of why that same photo would be in Adam's possession but when I hear loud showers of water from within the bathroom, I begin to walk away, knowing that I can't confront him about it today.

I walk back to my house in the complete black of the outside. Once I get home, I see the fireplace has been lightened and walk over to the living room. I slump onto the couch and look to my side at Aasif staring mindlessly into the fire.

"Where have you been?" I whisper at him after some moments of silence, focusing on the burning flames ahead of me. The fire sparks amongst itself and sets the most incredible mood to this dimly lightened room.

"At a friends," he forcedly says before walking past me and up the stairs.

I ignore his attitude and look around for my phone to find five missed calls from mama and some text messages from her and Ayah. I scroll through them and see one from mama that is questioning my whereabouts and another that is asking if it's okay for her to stay with dad. I smile uncomfortably wide at her question and reply with a capitalized "of course." I call Ayah and we talk about the English essay and some other random stuff. It is oddly comforting that she has become so close to me in such a short period of time but equally painful thinking about how easily my life long friends separated themselves from me.

I then pray and take a horribly hot shower. Once I am in the comfort of my bed surrounding by my endless blankets, I think back to the past week and realize just how much has happened. My mind is racing continuously and I want to shut it down as soon as I can. When I toss and turn repeatedly, I look up at the ceiling for a good twenty minutes before getting up and walking downstairs towards the kitchen. I don't miss the light to Aasif's room still on on the way but I ignore bothering him because I knew he needed space.

The stairs creaked slowly as I walked down and it was kind of nerving considering the rest of the darkness around me. I quickly flip the light on and then proceed towards the kitchen to make my self some tea. I grab my mug, take a seat on the dining table, and sip the hot beverage to the point of burning my throat and my tongue, but it relaxes me. I listen to the soft clatter of rain against the window and the distant ticking of the clock, closing my eyes at the soothing rhythm.

The silence is killed by a sudden shuffling outside. I stop my movements to clearly hear the sound and when its comes to mute, I mistaken it for presumable paranoia. Feeling slightly frightened, I chug down the rest of my tea and shut the lights off before making my way towards the stairs.

My heart stops momentarily when I see the outline of a head through the clear opening in our front door. I walk backwards towards the staircase, while watching the unmoving shadow. My hands shakily find the light switch and I turn it on, lighting the entire living room. I anxiously watch the door with wide eyes and feel the shadow decreasing in size before it disappears all together, the sight making me relax. Before I know what I am doing, I rush upstairs towards my window and peak though the little crack. I don't catch anything besides an obviously built body covered in black from head to toe turning the corner. I tilt my head in confusion and watch the silent darkness of my neighbourhood, wondering who that was. They had an obvious task here, that's for sure.

With that thought in mind, I don't sleep for the rest of the night. The earth shaking thunder storms and platter of raindrops drumming against my windows doesn't help the temporary insomnia. I end up praying Tahajjud, Fajr, and Ishraq with out any form of sleep, before groggily walking around my room to get ready for school. I decide to take an excruciatingly cold shower to wake myself up and it does the trick. I don't leave enough time to check up on my dad and decide it is the best thing to do for both of my parents. It would be better to visit him after school anyway.

After a huge breakfast and seeing Aasif rip some toast with his teeth, we both head towards school in silence. I watch Aasif walk away from me while I get out of the car and can't help but sigh in sadness at our distance these last couple of days.

I briefly meet Ayah before she is forced away from me by a couple of her friends I assume. She asks me continuously to join them but I don't feel like it today. I was completely dead tired and I really didn't want to make the effort to act happy around new people so I stood by my locker and waited for the bell to ring.

I sleep through all of my classes in and out but manage to get the gist of the important events happening. There is an announcement around the remaining classes being cancelled for a basketball game occurring in the gym, so I just make my way towards my locker to leave. I see Sophia standing by there and curiously walk up to her.

"Hey Meerah," she says, moving from one foot to the other .

"Hey," I smile at her while opening my locker and placing any of the books I needed to take home in my bag.

"So you want to talk through the game?" she asks nervously.

"okay," I hesitate, turning to face her.

She nods and I look away over her head trying to think of an excuse. Returning to her pleading face, I realize how this may be my only chance to add closure to this friendship. I am a ticking time bomb, they didn't need to witness it anymore. So I nod and walk with her towards the gym. I am contemplating whether there would be any other place quieter but she insists that Nura had saved us seats, which makes me wonder if she had already thought that I would agree to this arrangement regardless. We walk up the bleachers and I notice the entire place crowded with sport enthusiasts, automatically feeling out of place. The entire gym is cooped with rambunctious behaviour. We see Nura waving at us and I follow Sophia up the seats.

"Meerah hey," Nura smiles warmly and I can't help but smile back at her. She gives me a side hug and I just sit there feeling weird about this whole situation. 

I don't want this. 

The crowd starts chanting 'lions' and I look up from my lap towards many of our school's players running into the middle. I don't miss Adam making his way into the gym because it is really the only thing I take focus on. It takes me a while to go back to what he said about the authorities not having any proof of him having been involved in what ever it was to realize how he hadn't been suspended yet. He huddles in with his team and for a second, just for a second, his eyes flicker in my direction in an amused way before going back to butting chests with the other players. They yell out their little team motto just as the opposite team walks there way in and I can't help but roll my eyes when the audience starts booing them.

The game is very competitive with both sides working extra hard to not slip away. I zone in and out of the game by gazing at my fingers in my lap and then at the ceiling and then am zapped back into reality when I hear loud screaming, signalling another basket. This goes on for a while but I don't miss how Adam plays for the entire game. He doesn't take a break like the rest of the players do, clearly showing his passion. I also don't fail to notice the fact that he takes three out of four of the total shots their team makes. I find myself clapping loudly with the rest of the crowd after each one but quickly stop when I realize what I am doing. The fact that I have now experienced the adrenaline felt when your supporting team is on the verge of taking a score helps me grip on to the whole deal with watching sports. 

With in one minute into the end of game, the lions lead while the Hawks are agonizingly catching up . It takes no one by surprise when Adam takes the ball from the other team and starts dribbling it away towards his own side. I feel the tension in the entire gym as everyone is slowly standing up off of their seats in anticipation, their eyes glued to the ball. I join in, clearly curious as to what is going to happen. He runs through his opponents and ignores his teammate's cry for the ball, focusing heatedly on his movements. He almost loses it one quarter of the way to a much taller individual and I feel myself praying that he makes it to the hoop in time. I listen in as everyone starts the count down to the last ten seconds in the game and feel my palms sweating in eagerness. Adam stops a good distance away from the hoop and throws the ball up. I stand up because  I can't see whats happening. It stays in the air for a good second before whirling around in the hoop and then falling straight through. I feel my self-sighing in relief and start smiling as everyone screams and applauds too loudly. I see Adam place his hands up in victory and see a bunch of people from the crowd and his own teammates run to slam him to the ground, which they all do, the sight making me cringe.

I can see how united everyone in the gym becomes from this simple game. Even Sophia and Nura hug me and share some remarks here and there. And for a moment, I feel more like myself and carefree. As the gym becomes cleared up, I follow the huge crowd of people walking outside and can't help but catch sight of Adam on the way. I give me a quick thumbs up and a smile congratulating him on his incredible play and he just nods while saluting with his two fingers in my direction. He obviously looks busy being surrounded by everyone but I can't help but notice how uncomfortable he looks. It makes me want to throw all of those people including an overly bubbly Naomi away from him just so he doesn't have to feel that way, but I am dragged away by Sophia and lose sight of him as the continuous crowd of people around me block my view. I follow both of them to my locker and without as much as a word of explanation, they bid their farewells and walk away.

"Aamirah, wait up," I hear Sebastian's voice somewhere behind me and feel my feet stop.

"Hey," he says and I just nod, him walking with my speed.

"So how is it going?" he asks, his voice slightly off.

"Okay. You?" I answer, not knowing why he is conversing with me.

"The weather is pretty murky huh?" he asks awkwardly, obviously forcing some kind of a conversation.

"It sure kept me up last night," I mutter, feeling all of tiredness hit me all together now.

"Same," he replies with an edge in his tone while shoving both his hands in his pockets.

"So I'll catch you later," he chants while I am trying to open my car. I turn to see his impressing blue eyes and bright smile before he turns his back towards me. I watch the broadness of his stature, blurringly remembering the figure last night. It takes a couple blinks before I remember the exact same characteristics. I go back to Adam speaking about a snitch, both of their injured faces, and then Adam's words.

'Lets just say I don't like people who take my trust for granted.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
115K 8.3K 53
Completed!!! Ps. This is unedited but it'll be edited soon enough. She doesn't want to get married now. He has been searching for the right girl for...
27.8K 3.4K 48
Not Edited "She was completely whole and yet never fully complete" Aabirah Fuad is a beautiful young lady, who has recently finished her high schoo...
27.4K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...