But What did the Novelist do...

By Spinfoxie

Alternative Title: 然而小说家又做错了什么 Author: Li Han Summary: Qingchi Lianyang fell in love at first sight. So he cr... More

But what did the novelist do wrong?
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107: End
108: Extra: military and police Dazai world
109: Extra: after the change of the leader
110: Extra: About Honeymoon Travel (1)
111: Extra: About Honeymoon Travel (2)
112: Extra: About Honeymoon Travel (End)
113: Extra: four years after the deal expires

60

29 2 0
By Spinfoxie

Chapter 60

    Edogawa Ranpo returned home with the boy very smoothly.

    He didn't do anything, the boy squatted down on his own initiative, and opened his windbreaker, making it suitable for the cat to sneak in.

    The boy has curly hair, like a weak sheep. There is pure kindness in her slightly blue eyes, and her voice is soft and soft.

    "Come home with me, it's very dangerous outside."

    At this moment, Edogawa Ranbu, who was planning to go home with someone in a shameless manner, couldn't help it, and he called out in doubt.

    "Meow?"

    Are you sure you want me to go with you.

    Why did he just skip to the finale?

    "Hmm."

    The boy was like all people who talk to animals, his eyes were shining when he spoke, without any malice.

    "Come home with me."

    Thus, a unilateral trafficking activity by Feipengci was completed.

    On the way, Edogawa ranpo observed.

    The boy seems to be very afraid of humans. Yes, it’s just fear, like a dog that has been beaten and frightened. Passers-by are separated by several meters, and their footsteps suddenly deviate from a straight line, and he will flinch in the opposite direction.

    This reaction, combined with the teenager's outfit, is very interesting.

    The black cat squatted on the boy's slender arms, and through the windbreaker, there was a suspected smile on his face.

    The boy's home is not far away, and he has arrived with the cat in his arms, before his arms are sore. It is an independent small villa, located very far away, surrounded by a large park, almost no one will turn here.

    The door opened by itself.

    Edogawa poked his head out from under the large windbreaker, and tilted his cat's head in disorder.

    This door does not have any electric device, it is just an ordinary anti-theft door, how can it recognize the owner to open it by itself?

    After entering the door, his pupils shrank, and the claws hidden in the pads stretched out involuntarily.

    There was no one else behind the door, only one... a bloody cat paw print.

    A superhuman? Or paranormal?

    The boy did not put Edogawa Ranbu down, but continued to carry him to the depths of the house.

    The house was kept very clean, and there were traces of people living there. However, all the curtains were drawn and the lights were not turned on, showing the coldness in horror movies. In fact, this is a very ordinary house.

    If you ignore the bloody cat paw prints next to those furniture.

    In Edogawa Ranpo's eyes, those were not paw prints, but cats that were skinned and squatting next to them.

    There is nothing cat-related in this room, not even cat fur.

    This boy...

    he is very clean, his skin is delicate and intact, he has an excellent temperament that has been protected since he was a child, or it would be more appropriate to describe it as a newborn baby.

    Although the clothes on his body don't fit well, it can be inferred that he chose that dress himself, and it was a new dress before that. It should be because he thinks that bigger clothes are more secure.

    He has the habit of spraying disinfectant. In addition to being socially phobic, he also suffers from cleanliness, but he only sprays outside.

    He likes animals very much, not because of the softness in his heart, but because he thinks that animals are more kind than humans that scare him.

    The reason why he is afraid of humans is not clear to him, the fear is only because of instinct, because he has amnesia.

    So... a dual personality.

    What, this is too boring.

    The famous detective thought it was a problem of the century, but is this the result?

    The black cat's green pupils reflected a strange light in the dark house.

    Ten seconds later, the boy stopped in front of a door with a black cat in his arms, with a slight smile in his voice.

    "From now on, you can live inside, it's safer."

    He protected the black cat with one hand, and took out the key to open the door with the other hand.

    The moment the door opened, the whole journey was very quiet. At most, he pushed his clothes away with his little furry head, and watched from the gap that the black cat suddenly sprang up and scratched at the boy's eyes with its sharp claws.

    "Ah!"

    The boy screamed, causing the black cat to run away.

    The opened door slides gently on the floor, revealing the scene behind it.

    It was a stack of iron cages. Inside the cages were cats of different colors. Under the dim light, they meowed one after another, as if they were welcoming the boy. It became lively.

    "Meow——"

    a meow that wasn't too loud sounded, and all the cats around fell silent.

    If someone is here, they will find that the meowing came from the boy himself.

    He covered his bleeding eyes with both hands, and his bright red lips opened and closed in a slight arc.

    "A Suo, let him go, he is a special cat and shouldn't be locked up here."

    The boy's voice was very soft, without any hint of irritation.

    He let go of his hands, his slightly curly hair, and even a genuinely smiling face.

    "That's why I said, the special thing exists, it's just that we didn't find it before." The

    cat house Shuo was very happy to see a cat that preserved its sanity.

    He faced this disaster with a playful attitude, and never seriously thought about destroying the world from the beginning to the end.

    Because this is where he exists.

    He didn't want to destroy it.

    Everything now is just a meeting gift for him.

    After all, he is the one who created him, so he probably likes cats very much.

    Mao Wushuo looked at the blood on his hands, with a sickly obsessed smile on his face, which was not as gentle and kind as before.

    Running to the door, Edogawa Ranpo, who found the door open just like that, had a look of doubt in his eyes, but he ran out without hesitation, didn't stay long, and didn't look back.

    He already knew everything he wanted to know, so there was no need to do anything more.

    The most urgent task now is to find someone who can communicate with him without becoming a cat, and who will not become a cat.

    The black cat ran towards the tallest buildings in Yokohama.

    Fortunately, those landmarks can be seen as long as you look up, and the cat, who adheres to the shortest line between two points, climbs walls and trees, ignores all the bells and whistles, and is not afraid of getting lost.

    The detective agency thought confidently.

    Ango Sakaguchi, Ability Special Affairs Division, looked at the screen anxiously.

    It is a photo taken by a drone from the streets of Yokohama, and the excerpts are the commercial street and subway station with the largest traffic in Yokohama. People who used to go shopping or ride in cars have become all kinds of cats.

    Fortunately, he didn't go out to work these days.

    Ango Sakaguchi looked at the colleagues on the screen who had turned into cats because of going out to work, and then at the large number of data reports waiting to be processed and analyzed piled up in front of the screen. He didn't know whether to be thankful or sad.

    He worked too much overtime, and he even had the outrageous idea of ​​'if only he could become a cat' in his head.

    "Mr. Sakaguchi, no one from the Armed Detective Agency answered the phone."

    Another Tianxuan caller, who didn't turn into a cat in time because of the quarantine, put down the phone, and the black and blue piles looked like natural lying silkworms.

    "How could it be?" Ango Sakaguchi rubbed his forehead fiercely: "Didn't that famous detective detect the coming disaster in advance?"

    That was Ranpo Edogawa.

    A super detective who has never encountered an unsolved case since he was born, and reports on various "psychological tests", "possibility of betrayal" and "solutions if betrayal" occupy a single shelf in the Supernatural Secret Service Section.

    "Um..."

    The Tianxuan hitman moved the mouse and projected a surveillance video onto the screen. It was a video of a black cat walking in the stairway of a red building.

    "According to the monitoring around the detective agency, Mr. Edogawa is one of the earliest sources of infection."

    By analyzing the distribution violations of many infected people, the Supernatural Secret Service Division deduced the transmission method of this strange disease.

    ——The instigator randomly released the virus, and then spread it through the sources of infection.

    Unfortunately, unlike many previous disasters, this disease was not limited to Yokohama.

    Its occurrence spread across the country.

    However, since Yokohama was repeatedly destroyed by disasters, the upper echelons focused their searches on Yokohama.

    Don't ask, the question is that the group of conjurers in Tokyo and Kyoto are busy building associations, and the cursors and conjurers who oppose the association cannot protect themselves.

    Moreover, spells and abilities are different. The former's spell power is steady and steady, but abilities often go out of control.

    It doesn't matter, they Yokohama... have experience.

    The video about the black cat ended soon, and surveillance was not universally popular. Excluding private surveillance, the surveillance coverage rate of the entire Yokohama city was only 2%. In other words, to rely on monitoring to solve the case, the prisoner is probably old and dead.

    Therefore, they don't know where the black cat has gone, and they can't tell anything based on a walking video.

    Ango Sakaguchi said painfully: "Report the situation."

    "Only 70% of the ships that went out were recovered, and a large number of cats were found on 130 ships." "

    A plane crashed midway, and the search and rescue personnel have already set off, and we can't contact them for the time being."

    "The traffic is completely paralyzed..."

    "A large number of field personnel are infected, and there is a serious shortage of manpower..."

    Ango Sakaguchi waved his hand and stopped the report of the group of workers who were selected by the day.

    "Where's the army?"

    "They also..." The man with a higher official position hesitated to speak, but in order to protect the commander's heart, he said good news: "The upper-level sent hounds to dispatch, and it is expected to be dispatched in fifteen minutes." Afterwards, all the staff gathered in Yokohama."

    Although Ango Sakaguchi was the airborne chief, but because of his high work efficiency and good temper, few people in the secret service section disapproved of him.

    In this situation, what is the use of hunting dogs? Cat hunting? A string of ten?

    As far as the mountains and plains are full of cats, if they really act in accordance with the hound's usual style, it is called the human elimination plan.

    "I see." Ango Sakaguchi felt his head hurt, "Let me go to the earliest source of infection."

    He checked with his ability to see if he could find any clues.

    "No!"

    It's so dangerous outside now, you must not go out!

    "Then what should we do?"

    "The laboratory is studying prevention methods, so let's wait."

    "Looking through the glass...Tian Teng?!"

    Sakaguchi Ango's pupils shrank sharply.

    Because, among the people who had never been out of the whole room, there was a cat.

    What is the route of infection?

    Ango Sakaguchi looked back at the computer that was still playing the street situation, his face suddenly turned cold.

    A bad thought rose from his mind.

    Cat House Shuttle met the eyes of the black cat trapped on the branch.

    After a long silence, he spoke first.

    "How did you get up there?"

    Edogawa Ranpo: ...

    That's how you got up?

    He squeezed his four feet on a branch nervously, for fear of falling.

    "Or, what are you still doing up there?"

    Fury was already flickering in Maowu Shuo's pupils.

    Shouldn't the black cat be thinking hard about a solution to the disaster right now? Or tell the existing human beings what they have observed!

    How can a person who can preserve his sanity under the influence of catification be so stupid?

    Thanks to him for bringing this ugly solid-colored cat back.

    "Meow!"

    Edogawa was furious.

    If he can go down, what is he still doing up there?

    Who knew that cats could easily climb trees but not descend them!

    He was just trying to take a shortcut.

    "..."

    This time it was Mao Wushuo's turn to be silent.

    Edogawa Ranpo discovered the clue.

    "Meow?"

    Apart from the fact that the dual personalities can be switched freely, and he can only choose to share some memories, he can also understand cats?

    "Ah, I understand, you can just meow."

    "Meow!"

    Hurry up and save him!

    "...You guys are too arrogant."

    "Meow~"

    So what.

    Edogawa Ranpo, who saw through everything, looked at him contemptuously.

    "I don't care what the world will become in the end."

    "Meow-meow..."

    Don't be so sure about things that you are not sure about. You need a detective to tell you the purpose of creating this disaster...

    "Shut up."

    Mao Wushuo climbed up the tree with a dark face.

    "The way to prevent strange diseases is to not look at them.

    This disease is irreversible. People who become cats can only be cats, but people who have been staying at home can still be saved.

    Just cover your eyes.

    I I feel a little funny.

    Under this disaster, people who sell crutches and blindfolds unexpectedly became winners.”

    The author has something to say:

    Yokohama is about to be destroyed again... No, this time it’s all neon.

    Cat House: Greeting Ceremony.

    Aoike:)

    Ranpo deduced a lot of things, as for what it is, I asked Ranpo (Le)

    Cat House has a dual personality, there are no spoilers in the story, and there is a tendency to merge outside the story.

    Because cats' paws are designed to only move in one direction, they can climb trees, but not descend them.

    I went to see the bears today, my evaluation is... the bears can talk, so why bother so much.

    Although, machine intelligence is for loving this, really bullshit.

    If a machine can experience emotions, it is no longer a machine, it is a new human being.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 680 167
Author: month by month Alternate Title: 离奇打工人 Summary: The character configuration of Party B Yunhe: the strongest value + a healthy and durable body...
6.2K 172 39
Alternative Title: 身为剧本组的我不是很懂你们 Author: Say Sanan with Me Summary: Qian Yuche, a man with scientific research skills The IQ ceiling is full, commonl...
9.8K 424 86
Alternative Title: 造物主的模拟人生 Author: Xi Chi Mu Summary: Asahina Sumiya, fifteen years old, likes to play games. He thinks that he is just an ordin...
11.8K 231 113
Alternative Title: 别用疯批马甲玩游戏 Author: White Peach Chips Summary: Kashiwahara has played a holographic game for a long time. He decided to let himself...