Stock up on supplies and retu...

Por ihatemetabolism

Author: steamed fat shoes Category: Rebirth through time travel Release time: 2023-03-17 Latest: Chapter 76 T... Más

Work related
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Revised)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 63

950 23 0
Por ihatemetabolism

return

Stock up on supplies and return to natural disasters to lie down and win

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 63

    The extremely cold temperature dropped sharply, judging from the rescue mission transmitted by the flip phone.

    Last night alone, many residents of the base who lived in tents in the base in order to save money or were out of pocket, were actually frozen to death overnight.

    The temperature drops sharply overnight, and a sudden drop in the temperature of the core area of ​​the human body is quite dangerous.

    Song Sitan reminded everyone early in the morning, so after the temperature has dropped significantly recently, everyone will set two or three alarms according to different time periods before going to bed at night, wake up in the middle of the night to charge and heat the hand warmer or heat the hot water bottle once water.

    Because of this, when Jiang Li noticed the sudden drop in temperature at two o'clock last night, he not only woke up Jiang Shuo immediately, but also woke up everyone upstairs and downstairs wearing a heavy military coat.

    Everyone didn't wear thick clothes before going to bed, but when they were woken up suddenly, they realized that the warm blankets had turned cold due to the sudden drop in temperature.

    Seeing this situation, after everyone put on warm clothes to keep out the cold, they directly used the charcoal stove to heat up the room, and then ate and drank some food to replenish their energy in time. After the whole night, everyone was safe and sound.

    The sound of snow plows and ambulances in the base rang from midnight to early morning.

    In order to save coal, Song Sitan and others, who were wearing heavy winter clothes, gathered in Tang Qi and the others' house. While warming up by the charcoal stove, they drank millet porridge specially packed in thermos cups to keep out the cold.

    After taking a mouthful of hot millet porridge, the porridge in the thermos cup would have cooled down quickly. After Tang Qi put the lid on the cup immediately, she rubbed her reddened nose and said, "Sure enough, as you expected, this The natural disaster is still not over!"

    "As far as I know, the lowest temperature in winter in Beishi in recent years is only more than ten degrees below zero! It's okay to drop directly to minus 20 degrees in November, and it's too scary to drop directly to minus 60 degrees today. Ah!"

    Jiang Yuan shook his legs frozen in place, sniffed and said, "Fortunately, Boss Song had the foresight to let us use sealant to seal all the windows of the whole house in advance, otherwise yesterday You don't have to wait for Jiang Li to call me, I might already be cold."

    Song Sitan heard the words and said: "Fortunately, Tang Qi and Guan Yang had accumulated enough merit points for changing guns a few days ago, otherwise, in this kind of snowy day, the activities in the base would be useless, and it would be too dangerous to go out of the base to search for supplies After that

    , Song Sitan took four rolls of transparent plastic cloth, four rolls of sealed double-sided wide tape, and six pairs of thick windproof curtains found in the corner of the counter in the Small Commodity Mall, and handed them to everyone: "In order to increase the overall temperature of the room, each household The anti-theft door and the door of our downstairs unit need to hang an extra layer of thick curtains to keep out the wind." "

    Besides, let's use this double-sided sealing tape and transparent thick plastic sheeting to seal each window today." "

    But if you want to use the charcoal stove, remember to leave a vent."

    Everyone responded, took the plastic sheet and the door curtain, and prepared to go home to decorate, but before everyone went out, Yang Yue suddenly stopped Said: "There are awakened people approaching near the building. Judging from the approaching speed, they should be driving."

    Hearing this, Tang Qi was surprised and said, "It's very brave to

    drive to us in this weather!" Looking out of the window facing the street, within a few minutes, a snowmobile drove up from a distance and stopped outside the building. Qi Zhou, who was wearing a heavy camouflage down jacket and long military boots, appeared at the gate of the small building. .

    Although Qi Zhou had said before that he would visit Song Sitan's small building, he hadn't seen him since the No. 5 bug nest incident at the base.

    Unexpectedly, he came to the door when the extreme cold came suddenly, and there was a violent snowstorm outside. Song Sitan thought for a while, and when he heard the doorbell, he put on his hat and gloves, and went downstairs to open the door for Qi Zhou against the snowstorm.

    Bringing people into the living room on the first floor, Tang Qi and the others happened to move the charcoal stove upstairs to the center of the living room on the first floor.

    Qi Zhou huddled in front of the charcoal stove and shook for a long time before he was able to talk as usual without trembling. He looked at Song Sitan and others before he said: "The temperature dropped sharply last night, and the death toll was already counted at the base this morning. Thousands, I am a little worried about your situation, so I came here to take a look."

    Passing the boiled water in the thermos to Qi Zhou, Song Sitan said: "Recently, the temperature has started to drop sharply. We set the alarm clock every night to check the situation, so we added clothes and quilts in time after we found something wrong last night."

    Hearing this, Qi Zhou nodded and sighed, "You still have the foresight. I'm the kind of person who sleeps relatively lightly. I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night last night. The moment I got out of the bed, I was so cold that I doubted life!

    " Those who have houses are terribly frozen, and those who live in tents to save money, some of them were already frozen hard when they were dug out of the snowdrift with their tents this morning..." "

    I He was urgently dispatched early in the morning to carry out rescue work, and he just finished his work."

    Qi Zhou looked at Song Sitan and said, "By the way, besides confirming your safety today, I have something to tell you. "

    "The temperature has dropped sharply in the past week, and five or six underage children have disappeared in the base one after another."

    Hearing this, Tang Qi asked in surprise, "Children have disappeared one after another?"

    "Didn't Beishi originally establish the largest grain reserve in China The center? In addition, during this period of time, many residents in the base are going out to Beishi to deliver food to the base." "

    As long as you work hard at the base, can you just use the base points to go to the supermarket to buy food? Even if you don't have the ability to work The residents of the city, relying on the base points earned by selling blood on a regular basis, can actually guarantee their basic life, so some people should not be reduced to the point where they can’t afford to eat and turn to cannibalism!” Cannibalism was

    once In fact, everyone has heard of the city where Chen City and Yang Yue lived before.

    However, such things as cannibalism are understandable when there is an extreme shortage of food, but now that the food originally stored in Beishi and the materials collected from various regions are being transported to the base one after another, logically speaking, it will not happen.

    In particular, complete monitoring facilities have been set up around the base in Beishi. The residents in the base know this all too well, so they shouldn't be able to resist the wind and waves.

    Hearing this, Qi Zhou took out a few photos from his pocket and put them on the table and said, "It's not the cannibalism you think about, you should see for yourself first."

    Song Sitan frowned and picked up the photos on the table to check.

    The location where the photo was taken is obviously the base wall.

    At midnight, after the recent addition, on the thick concrete wall that was already nearly fifteen meters high, a slender ape-like creature with a body length of nearly two meters and covered with thick gray hair was climbing down the wall inside the base. .

    The other two photos are photos of the creature hiding in the shadow of the base building, climbing up the wall, and trying to sneak into the base.

    From the photos of the side face and back of this animal, although it can be seen that the other party should be an ape creature, but through its sharp claws that are so sharp that they can be nailed into reinforced concrete and the terrifying fangs extending from the corners of its mouth, there is no way to let it go. Man associates it with species he already knows.

    Song Sitan handed the photo to others to check, then looked at Qi Zhou and said, "Is this a mutant creature?" Qi Zhou

    nodded and said, "Although this kind of creature has not been captured yet, this photo was taken to the creature. After confirmation by the senior researcher of the Institute, it is already certain that it is not any kind of creature on the list of existing species." "

    And in the whole base, except for this screenshot of the surveillance video where it climbed the wall and was recorded, no other surveillance areas noticed it. Its existence."

    "So we have reason to suspect that this creature is quite good at moving speed and climbing ability, so it relies on crawling between floors in the base, so it cannot be detected by other surveillance."

    Song Sitan understood the meaning of Qi Zhou's words, and said, "So you suspect that this creature stole the children in the base?" "That's right

    ." Qi Zhou nodded and said, "It's been cold recently, but everyone's house is burning coal or When charcoal is used for heating, gaps are usually left in the windows for ventilation.” “

    After investigation, several families who lost their children in the base had fixed residences. When the family members found that their children were missing the next morning, their homes were basically windows. It was wide open, and there were signs of damage on the outer wall of the building.”

    "As for the residents who lost their children in the tent area, they woke up the next day only to find that the children and the sleeping bags they slept in disappeared. As for the surroundings of the tents where they lived and the tent itself, there were no traces left at all." Guan Yang was obviously taken aback when he heard this

    . Said: "Looking at it this way, this mutant creature not only has a strong climbing ability, but also has a lot of wisdom? It's nothing more than opening the tent to steal children in the tent area, but even zipping the tent when leaving?" Qi

    Zhou Nodded, "according to the current situation, it is like this."

    Song Sitan heard the words: "Didn't Huang Hongyi say before that some special missions at the base would be released through mobile phones? The appearance of mutated creatures should have happened for several days Right, why haven’t I seen it from the missions posted on the mobile phone?”

    Qi Zhou said: “Once the mutated creatures appear and hunt and kill the residents of the base, once it is made public, it will definitely cause chaos in the base, so This situation is now only known to the base's top management and some middle and high-level military officers."

    Jiang Li heard the words: "Since the base is not going to be made public, you should tell us now that you have Huang Hongyi's instruction." Qi Zhou did

    not hear the words Denied, but nodded and said: "Old Huang, as the immediate superior of the Awakened team at the base, has already issued the task of capturing mutant creatures to the Awakened team in the military." "Although you have not joined the military, considering your

    strength There are a lot of outstanding awakened people, maybe they are willing to help, Lao Huang still let me let you know about it."

    "However, he also said that although he told you about this matter, it is best if you are willing to help if your strength allows, and if you don't want to pay attention, he will not force it." As he said, Qi Zhou seemed to think of something and said:

    " By the way, I almost forgot to tell you that the task reward for this task issued by the superior to the awakened ones is that if you kill or capture a clawed ape alive, you can get a green energy bead, 10 catties of pork and 10 catties of beef."

    According to the experience of the previous life, the meat of this clawed ape is actually edible, but it is said that the meat of this thing tastes relatively bad, and it definitely does not taste as good as pork and beef.

    So a sharp-clawed ape in exchange for 20 catties of other meat, plus a green energy bead that is one level higher than the ordinary white energy bead, this kind of task reward can be said to be quite generous.

    At this moment, Yang Yue and the others, who were originally lacking in interest in this mission, all had their eyes lit up after hearing the mission reward.

    Although the base supermarket will sell rice, noodles and various packaged foods to the base residents, fresh meat is completely invisible in the supermarket.

    Song Sitan and the others, although the chickens and rabbits raised in Jiang Shuo's space allow everyone to enjoy meat dishes every now and then, but the taste of chicken and rabbit meat is not as fragrant as beef and pork!

    If everyone works together to catch a few sharp-clawed apes and hand them over to the base, the pork and beef in exchange will not only allow everyone to have a good meal, but they will even have a meal of pork-filled dumplings in the Chinese New Year!

    Tang Qi, Yang Yue and the others looked at each other, obviously interested in this task.

    Qi Zhou saw that he had conveyed Lao Huang's meaning in place, and considering the complicated affairs in the base today, he didn't plan to stay longer, so he got up and left.

    After seeing off Qi Zhou, Song Sitan and the others sat around the living room on the first floor, obviously thinking about whether or not to accept this task.

    After thinking for a while, Jiang Yuan couldn't help but said: "Although we can often eat meat, the rewards for this task are pork and beef! Even if it is to eat a mouthful of warm pork dumplings for the New Year, I think this task You can take it all!"

    "In addition to giving meat, killing a clawed ape can also get a higher-grade green energy bead. You can not only eat meat, but also earn green energy beads to improve your strength. Even if it is a bit dangerous, I think It's also worth a try!"

    Song Sitan looked at Yang Yue and said, "Can your spiritual detection ability judge the difference between mutant creatures and awakened ones?"

    Yang Yue said, "When my spiritual detection ability detects creatures, it is mainly The identity of the opponent is determined according to the strength of the opponent's mental fluctuations and the area where the opponent

    's mental fluctuations are." "I don't know what the mental fluctuations of the clawed ape are like now, so I'm not sure if I can compare it with the ones in the base. Ordinary mutated creatures or awakened ones can be distinguished."

    There are actually mutated creatures in the base area, but they are basically mutated mice or mutated bugs running around.

    In addition, in the high-rise buildings of the base, Yang Yue can actually sense the existence of many awakened people when driving by.

    If the mental fluctuations of this clawed ape are similar to those of the awakened or other mutant creatures, it may be really difficult to distinguish them.

    Thinking of this, Song Sitan glanced at Jiang Li and said, "What do you think?"

    Jiang Li, as an awakened person in his previous life, knew far more about the strength of some mutant creatures than Song Sitan and others, so Song Sitan didn't know the true strength of this sharp-clawed ape. If you know too much, it is necessary to ask for his opinion.

    Jiang Li understood Song Sitan's meaning, so after thinking for a while, he said, "According to Qi Zhou's description, this sharp-clawed ape is obviously different from ordinary mutant mice and underground beetles, and they are intelligent mutant creatures. So the danger of killing them is not low."

    "However, considering Dao Sitan's space gate ability and Yang Yue's detection ability, I think you can give it a try."

    The author said:

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and communication, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

66.9K 1.3K 24
重生空间:整活囤粮在末世 / Rebirth Space: Hoarding Food in the Apocalypse Author: 有趣的胖天使 Update: 2022 - 4 - 22 https://www.69shu.com/42875/ Zhou Zhou in the apoc...
72.4K 2.7K 28
"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘨?" ∙∙·ᵒᴼᵒᴼᵒᴼᵒ·∙∙ In which Delilah Moon threatens to kill...
186K 6.5K 21
COMPLETED | ❝ We met at the end of the world, and sat hand in hand as the stars went out. ❞ ━ to where aurora kingsley challenged the craziness...
7.1M 366K 92
If dish soap, rutabagas, and firecrackers aren't an essential part of your zombie apocalypse kit, you better grab them now! Season 1 of The Virus Wit...