Always ✔︎

By kayloves_

Soul•mate /sohl-meyt/ ~Someone who understands you, loves you, and will be there for you like no other.~ We a... More

Characters/aesthetics
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
[Valentines Special]
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Final Author Note(pls read) + New Book!!
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 52

7.7K 200 125
By kayloves_

Imagine if everyone voted right now,
that'd be crazy.
Thank you for the love,
An official authors note will be posted after this so look out for it.

Lilian's POV

"Good morning sweetheart," Chase's morning voice mumbles into my neck.

I've been awake for a while just laying here.

Chase is like a heated blanket.

"Good morning," I smile down at him running my hand through his messy bedhead.

"Wanna get up now?" I suggest hoping he says yes I'm hungry.

"No," he says holding me tighter.

"What if I make waffles?" I bribe.

"Go back to sleep," he mumbles into my skin, sinking further into me.

I lay there for probably about twenty more minutes, twirling his hair around my finger. I sigh holding it for a few seconds before letting out a long breath.

Carefully I pry Chase's arms loose and jump out of his grasp, he groans sitting up and staring at me. Half his hair is in a wild mess sticking every which way.

Giggling at the sight I walk to his closet and grab a new t-shirt, it's slightly oversized on him so it's massive on me.

I still have school today and I really can't afford to miss any classes. So I'll need to stop by my house to change.

Chase is still in bed when I walk out of the closet. Going into the bathroom I very quickly brush my teeth and face before leaving again.

Leaning over the bed I place a small kiss on his exposed upper back. "I'm going to go make some breakfast," I whisper, He hums but makes no effort to get up.

Walking down the stairs I hear the shower start running meaning he got up. The house is still empty and everything is like it was left last night.

After doing a quick tidy, I make two bowls of cereal only putting milk in one for me, and the other for Chase when he comes down.

Grabbing a spoon I sit down at the island stools, large hand grabs my waist causing me to squeal.

Turning just my head I see Chase behind me with a big smirk on his face, "You scared me," I put a hand on my heart feelings it's quick beat.

He just chuckles spinning my seat around so I'm facing him, "Hi," I smile at him.

"Hi to you too," he says bringing two fingers up under my chin and lifting it slightly giving him better access to my lips, his lips softly touch mine with a soft innocent kiss.

Grabbing the milk out of the fridge and making his bowl he sits down beside me.

"We're gonna have to stop at my house so I can change," I say stirring my Cheerios around.

He looks over to me scanning my outfit, "Why? This is perfect," he emphasized playing with the fabric of the t-shirt.

I laugh looking down at myself, "I can't wear this to school," I reason in a 'duh' tone.

"School?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, school the place I go five days a week, remember it?" Chuckling I take another spoon of cereal.

"You could...not go to school?" He suggests sounding hopeful.

"It's my last day before graduation, I have to," I state.

"What will I do all day?" He groans dramatically.

"See your family, whom you haven't seen in months," I giggle at his antics.

"I saw them yesterday," he defends.

"You're seeing me right now," I counter.

"That is different," he states. Pulling me off my chair gently onto his lap.

"Not really speaking of, I have to go now," I say hopping up and putting my dishes away.

"I'll drive," he says grabbing his keys off the counter.

"It's fine I drove here anyway," I say grabbing the purse he's now holding out for me.

"Guess you'll just have to come back," he smirks. Happily, I take his hand in mine and we go out to his car.

"Starbucks?" He asked opening the door for me.

I give him a 'serious' look, "Always," I say.

We drive to my house, I run in quickly grabbing my school stuff and changing, I choose a simple white top and pink jeans for today.

Running back to the car I hop in, "you look beautiful," Chase complimented looking at me with wide eyes.

I give him a little smile, "You say that a lot," I state.

"And that's only half the times I think it," blush covers my cheeks and he chuckles at my reaction.

After grabbing the drink of gods...A vanilla iced latte, we jump back in the car.

The drive to school is filled with laughter and talking-mostly on my end, he just smiled and listened which made my heart do front flips.

We finally make it and Chase parks in the lot. "You sure you have to go?"

"Yes," I sigh giving a small smile.

"I'll pick you up then," he states.

"Are you sure-,"

"I'll be here," I lean over and kiss him shortly before getting out and grabbing my stuff from the backseat.

The bell rings and I wave goodbye walking into school. Walking to my locker Laura and Violet are already there.

"Hi," I smile approaching them.

"Hey Lili," they both say in unison.

"What's up?" I ask suspiciously.

"How was your afternoon?" Laura asked knowingly.

I smile wider recalling the events in my head, "it was good," I say simply.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you," Violet admits. My jaw drops.

"Same," Laura sighs.

"You Both knew?!?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah," they drag out.

"And you didn't warn me?"

"Chase said not to, and we could ruin the surprise," Violet defends.

"For how long," I question.

"Bout a month," Laura says.

"He's had this planned for a month?!?!"

"Longer, that's just when he told us, he needed to know you wouldn't have plans today," Violet adds.

"Impressive," I nod, I could never keep a secret that big-let alone that amount of time, I would for sure crack if anyone asked if I was hiding anything.

Laura looks down at her phone, "Oh we gotta go the bells gonna ring soon," she mutters before walking off.

We say goodbye before heading in our own direction, for me that's Physics...yay!!!
Note the sarcasm.

~~

"So...how was your day yesterday Lili," Shawn smirked taking a seat beside Violet at our lunch table.

"Did everyone know?!?!"

"Well-yes, it was only a surprise for you," he says laughing.

The morning went by slowly as ever, doesn't help that I'm counting down the seconds till the bell rings.

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow?" I ask the group.

Laura nods her head excitedly, "Yes, I can't wait to leave this place," Laura sighs.

"Summer's exciting, but it's gonna be weird not coming back here, you know?" Violet says.

"I'm excited, I think, I don't know," Tyler says.

"I couldn't be more excited," Shawn exclaims. I nod.

Everyone's for the most part excited to close this chapter, don't get me wrong I'm excited but there's a small nagging feeling building up inside me.

~~

Staring intently at the clock above Mrs White's desk I watch the seconds hand stick closer and closer to the hour hand.

Packing up my supplies she's still talking about a system of Laws that was made in the 1900s. Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to this class.

No one was, half the class was secretly playing Go Fish at the back of the room, the others on their phones.

The clock makes one more full round before the sound of the bell rings through the school, I practically jump up and run out of the class.

Hurrying through the crowded hallways I make my way to the front of the school, turning towards the parking lot, I walk quickly for it.

Avoiding the cars pulling out, I weave through the sea of cars, walking for the familiar, spotting it in front of me.

My heart flutters seeing my favourite person standing beside the car holding two pink drinks, he's surrounded by the hockey team but he stands out easily.

His eyes find mine and he stops his conversation abruptly, he sets the drinks down on the hood of his car. I raise my arms as his go around my waist between my back and backpack.

I laugh as he raises me off the ground spinning around a few times, hugging me tightly.

"Hi," I say once he sets me down. He stays silent leaning down to press a small kiss on my forehead.

"I'm so single," one of the player-Damon I think groans.

"C'mere bro," Nick one of the other players says, backing up her opens his arms.

"Yeah!?" Damon says excitedly prepping for a run.

"Sure," Nick shrugs.

Next thing I know Damon runs full speed towards Nick, Nick catches him attempting to spin around but ends up falling over.

Screaming like children they tumble to the ground, ouch. I bet that hurts.

I step forward going to try and help them up but an arm wraps around my waist stopping me.

I look down seeing Chase's strong arms, looking up I see him already looking down at me.

"What?" I ask referring to the arm.

"They got it," he shrugs. Reaching back grabbing the drinks.

Taking mine from him, "Ooh, thank you," I take a long sip.

"You're welcome sweetheart,"

Butterflies every time.

The others now look like their setting to attempt that lift from dirty dancing, "Let's go," I nod.

"Mhmm," Chase hums in response walking quickly to get ahead of me to open the door for me.

Stopping before getting in I ask, "What would happen if I ran and opened the door for you?"

"I would pick you up and carry you to your side and place you in your seat," he says without missing a beat.

"Might throw out your back doing that," I joke sitting down.

Rolling his eyes he shuts the door, walking around to his eyes. Grabbing my phone from my bag as he gets in I plug it in and start playing 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift.

Chase starts singing the word softly resting his hand on my thigh as we drive home. By the time we get to my house we're having a full concert...all Taylor-obviously.

~~

"Are you scared?"

Chase's hand runs up and down my back, "Of what?"

"The future?" I mumble.

He thinks for a moment, "No," he answers firmly.

I raise my head to his chest, "Why?"

"Not sure," he shrugs.

"Aren't you scared of change?"

"Not when some things are constants," he says.

"What's constant, anything can change,"

"You and me, as cliche as it sounds with you beside me nothing seems all that scary," he shrugs like it's nothing.

Aww,

"You're too cute," I coo. But it's true, I'm not going out into the world alone, I'll have someone with me every step of the way.

"It's less scary with you too," I admit laying my head back on his bare chest. He kisses my head holding me tight to him.

~~

Graduation...

The day many people look forward to and the common goal a whole group works towards together for 13 years.

I'm my case I've only been with this group for a year, but so many of them are already closer to me than others have ever gotten.

Especially one,

Chase.

I met him just over 9 months ago, but it feels like yesterday and years at the same time. No one knows me like he does and I don't think anyone ever will.

I know the chance of couples staying together after high school isn't very likely but those other couples aren't us.

We graduate today, he'll go off and be a super amazing NHL player and I'll go to university, both of us will be crazy busy.

Dad walks into my room wearing part of his suit for this afternoon holding up two ties, "Black or blue?" He asked.

I look at the suit he has on, then back at the ties. "Black definitely," I say confidently.

"You sure? I want the other parents to think I'm cool," he admits.

I laugh a bit at his confession, "don't worry, they'll think you're cool with whatever tie you choose," I say.

"Should I try to match with April?" He asks.

April usually works today but she booked the day off to come watch. It meant a lot to my dad and me that she want to be there.

"What's April wearing?" I ask.

"I don't know," he shrugs, "I'll ask he says pulling out his phone to text her,"

"Ok," I nod going back to doing my nails. This time it's just a simple nude/pink almond shape.

"What time is Chase coming over?" He asks.

I check my phone for the time, "in a little over an hour," I say. We spent all day together yesterday after school and he slept over last night so he had to go home to shower and get ready.

He wanted me to go with him but I need as much time as I can get to get ready And cry.

Better to schedule some time for that.

Dad's phone dings and he looks at it, "that," he shows me the picture on his phone. It's a dark maroon maxi summer dress with little white flowers on it.

"Still black," I say examining the photo.

"Ok, thanks kiddo," he walks back closing the door on his way out.

Sitting back down at my desk I continue curling my lashes after I add a thin layer of Vaseline the mascara to the tip of my lashes.

Finishing off with a bit of concealer and blush, I brush up my eyebrows and...

Perfect.

Starting on my hair I do a twisted half-up style pulling out a few strands to frame my face, letting it do its natural thing, I leave it with waves and small loose curls.

Fixing my house coat I grab my dress off my bed, slipping it on quickly, I stand looking in the mirror.

I-

Adjusting the sleeves of my dress making sure they're even I examine the rest of the dress.

It is a relatively simple dress I got shopping a few weeks ago with Violet and Laura.

It's all black with a sweetheart neckline, long ruffled sleeves, the dress stopping above my knees.

A/n: OAE

It works and looks nice under the gowns we're wearing.

Another knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. I go over and open the door revealing my dad looking almost scared.

I step aside letting him in further, "What's up?" I ask nervously.

"Dad, you're scaring me,"

"Sorry," he says snapping out of his trance, "I remembered something for you," he pauses.

I nod carefully told him to continue, "I wanted to give you this early, and now seemed like a good time," Dad said with a shaky voice. He sticks his hand into a pocket and pulls out an old piece of paper folded in half.

With a now shaky hand, he hands me the paper. I look up at him confused.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Flip it over," he instructs softly. Doing what he said I flip over the paper, written in neat handwriting on the outside.

(Graduation): Mama<3

Tears are building up in my eyes reading the name. Looking up, I see my dad's glassy eyes.

"What?" I mumble, taking off the seal I unfold the paper. My name is written at the top.

Taking a deep breath and sitting back down, I start reading the letter.

Lili,

My dear, Your Graduating!!
I can't believe it...well I can, you were always very smart, and I am so proud of you I don't even have the words to express it, same goes for my love for you,

If you're reading this letter then it means I can physically be with you on this big day, but trust me I am watching down on you from heaven,
I always have been and Always will be.

I don't know what your plans are for the future but I know you're going to do great things and with all my heart I hope you have your someone cheering for you at the finish line like I had your father cheering for me.

When you find that person...the person who loves you unconditionally, the one who sticks by your side no matter what, the person who would fly around the world to see you,
the one who makes you happiest.

Hold onto them,
there's a good chance I sent them to you from up here, to love and cherish you more than I ever could during our days together.

I know this must be a lot and come as a shock but I wasn't going to let my Lili graduate without a word from me, right now your sitting with me in the hospital, your dad just went out to get our favourite...watermelon. You don't understand right now but I hope you can in the future just how deep a mother's love is...
And we'll mine for you is ten times that amount.

Look up for me in the brightest star tonight, I'll send you down a kiss.
I love you Always my Lili.

—Mama

I look up to my dad tears coating his cheeks, the tears pour out of my eyes so hard I can't see.

I let out a loud sob and grab onto him holding him tightly in my arms.

Oh my god

"I-I miss her so much," I cry shaking.

"M-me too," he cries, I can tell he's trying to hold it in for me but I know he misses her just as much as I do.

She was his first love,

If she sent Chase to me, then maybe she sent April to my dad.

She would have wanted him to be happy even though she's not around anymore.

We stay in each other's embrace for a long time, till the tears stop dropping.

He gives me a weak smile, "I'm sorry," he mumbles.

"For what?"

"Your mascara is ruined," I laugh at his unnecessary apology.

Footsteps hurrying up the stairs following the sound of the front door opening and closing.

"I love you Lili, I wish your mom was here to see you today," he said wiping tears off my cheek.

"I love you too Dad," I say back.

He presses a small kiss to the top of my head before walking out, "I'll leave you to it," passing Chase in the hallway.

Standing up quickly and turning around so he can't see my tear-stained cheeks, I grab a tissue from the box on my dresser and wipe it under my eyes.

I felt Chase's presence behind me, "Wow," he put his hands on my waist. Turning around I put on my best fake smile.

Unlike mine, his drops instantly, and both hands cup my face on either side.

"Lili?" He said worried, "What's wrong?" He asked softly, I thought I was done crying...but no, the tears start flowing again.

"My m-mom," Is all I'm able to get out before he pulls me into the tightest hug, sliding both hands down he picks me up by my thighs, wrapping my legs around his waist.

I stay there, not doing anything, no one saying anything, just resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry I left," he whispers.

"No, it's not your fault," I mumble back. "I-," I'm interrupted by the sound of my phone's alarm blaring from the speaker telling me I have half an hour to be ready.

I lift my head to give Chase a kiss before he sets me back on the ground, turning off the alarm.

Taking a deep breath I grab the letter from my bed and hand it to Chase,

"What's this?" He asks confused.

"My dad gave it to me, apparently my mom wrote me a letter when she was in the hospital after the crash to give to me the day I graduate," I explain.

"Can I?" He asks, I nod and he opens the letter, it only takes him a minute or two to read the contents of the letter.

"She sounds amazing," he says genuinely sitting down on my bed.

"She was," I sigh, from what I remember and the stories I've been told she was amazing.

"Just like you," Chase kisses the tip of my nose lightly. I smile a real smile at him.

"How about tonight after dinner we go star gazing and find the brightest star?" He suggests.

"Ok," the butterflies flutter at the thoughtfulness.

"I have to fix my makeup," I laugh looking at myself in the mirror.

"I think you look beautiful," he emphasizes.

"With the mascara running down my face," I joke.

"Your eyes turn a different shade of green when you cry," he observes watching me through the mirror.

Looking directly at my eyes in the mirror...I see no difference at all but maybe that's just me.

~~

"Thank you to all the graduates of 2023, I'm so proud of how far each of you has come, you are each amazing people capable of great things, I wish you all the best in the future. GOOD LUCK !!" The principal yelled from on stage.

Cheers erupted throughout the whole field, especially the student section. Jumping in the air we all throw our caps high in the sky.

"WE DID IT!!" I yell excitedly hugging Laura and Violet who are beside me. Diplomas still in hand.

"AGHH, I CANT BELIEVE WE'RE DONE," Laura yells.

Claps and snapping of pictures continue as we celebrate hugging all our friends.

Me and Chase make eye contact through the crowd, he had to sit at the front due to not actually going to this school or something.

Walking quickly, our bodies crash together in a comforting hug, "I'm so proud of you baby,"

"Me?!? I'm proud of you," I exclaim.

"There's my Lili," Abby's voice rings through the crowd as the whole Taylor-Andrews make their way over to use.

Their my dad, April, Abby, Mike, Soph, Papa and a bunch of Chase's other family.

We both get pulled into a group hug and every possible photo combination is taken.

"My babies are growing up," Abby smiled side hugging me Chase on the other side of her kisses her cheek lightly.

~~

"See you at home?" Dad said giving me the twentieth hug of the hour.

"Yup,"

"Ready?" Chase asked taking my hand in his.

"Yup," I say again, after a quick goodbye to the Taylor's we head back to the car.

We all head it together very well if I say so myself, of course, there were a few tears here and there but nothing that bad, especially since we still have school next week.

"Lili?" Chase said breaking the trance I was in.

"Hmm, sorry I wasn't listening,"

"Are you ok?" He asked sweetly.

"Yeah," I nod, looking out the window, the sun setting only a few clouds littered across the wide sky.

We pull into the same park we went to after the Halloween party, that was almost 7 months ago yet it feels like yesterday.

Hand in hand like Always, we walk into a park taking seats on top of a picnic table, leaning back we lay down letting our legs dangle off the edge.

Chase sits up taking off his jacket, "Here," placing it over my exposed legs, luckily it is pretty warm out tonight.

"Thank you," I say as he leans back down, I rest my head on his chest, arm wrapped around me.

His other hand plays gently with the ends of my hair, looking up at the darkening blue sky with a few small streaks of cotton candy pink reflecting the setting sun.

Chase takes my hand in his raising both to the sky, "Look," he points towards the stars peppered across the sky.

"There," a cluster of a few fuller stars are centring brighter one. Tears blur my vision, blinking a few tears fall down my cheek. Letting go of my hand Chase wipes the tears with the pad of his thumb.

Scooting up I press a kiss on his cheek, he returns the favour on my forehead.

"I miss her," I whisper.

"She's right there," he whispers pointing to the star standing out against the whole sky.

Sitting up I use my arms to prop myself up, "I love you," I whisper towards the star.

Chase's hand brushes up my arm, staring at the star it seems to be shining brighter than it was before,

Probably just my eyes messing with me...

But that's no fun.

Leaning back my head rests on Chase's chest right over his heart, it was beating quickly.

In comfortable silence we watch the stars shine against the dark sky, we even saw a few shooting stars.

"Lili?" Chase said like it was a question.

"Chase," I mumble sleepily.

"I have something for you," he says, this causes me to sit up and look deep in his hazel eyes.

Reaching into his pocket, "Close your eyes," he instructs, I do as he says closing my eyes.

He grabs my hand in his gently, holding it out in front of me. "Ok, open your eyes," he says.

I do, looking down at our hands, he opens his palm revealing a small simple golden ring.

Oh my god...

"This is just a filler till I can give you my last name," he says sliding the band on my ring finger.

Once it's on I hug him tightly. "I love it thank you so much," I mumble into his neck.

"Me and you forever," he states. I look at the ring glowing under the moonlight.

"I will love you Forever," I promise hugging him.

"I will love you Always,"

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count (4387)

Thoughts??!?

A special Author note posted after this
READ IT PLEASE,
Very special amazing important stuff there.

—Kay❤️❤️❤️

Lilian's outfit

Lilian's Grad dress(under the gown)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

967K 22K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
91.9K 2.6K 19
ONGOING ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° "I hate you," "I don't think you do," he cups my face, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I really do," "Lying...
71.4K 2.9K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...
19.4M 544K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...